Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That's some mighty good taste you got there, buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Also that twilight sky song in starlight stage.

Can't seem to find a decent video of it, but google found it on some vietnamese website

here's a live thing where the singer is literally about to cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTlob5Cz5H0

e: FFS, every time this Kodoku na Heaven song in SIF comes up on normal in the medley I keep failing because I can't tell what order to hit notes in halfway through the song when there is some fast stuff.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 21, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait... having a door doesn't help either because all it does is LEAD TO YOU FALLING TO YOUR DEATH.

Who the gently caress designed this building?

So many violations!

There's a fire escape

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lily White songs are often very good.

I'm familiar enough with μ's's voices that I don't need them so much anymore, but I'm always appreciative of the videos that highlight the singer of each passage

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

come watch idols with us!
https://io.synchtu.be:8443/r/where_we_watch_literal_garbage

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Skwee posted:

i'm not sure exactly what it does, i just know it takes the top 10 idols that aren't in the active team and adds them to your score in some way. So if a girl is in the top 10 multiple times, then it might be a good idea to keep her around rather than melding her into herself to magically give her a higher star rating or whatever.

I'm pretty sure it's the top 10 not-in-your-team for that song, and you get half their numbers tossed into your numbers. I actually tossed it into google translate a couple of days ago to see if that paragraph that accompanied it said anything interesting, and that was the gist of it. It's the green part of the little color bar in the bottom left of the team selection screen.

Wait... having a door doesn't help either because all it does is LEAD TO YOU FALLING TO YOUR DEATH.

Who the gently caress designed this building?

So many violations!

I think my building is on top of a gigantic chocolate rectangle, in some sort of mysterious void. Possibly with Mt. Fuji in the background?

Fire code's not really much of a priority at that point tbh.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zenostein posted:

I think my building is on top of a gigantic chocolate rectangle, in some sort of mysterious void. Possibly with Mt. Fuji in the background?

Fire code's not really much of a priority at that point tbh.

Same. I made the walls windows so my idols understand their precarious situation.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I FC'd Binetsu Kara Mystery when it was up as the event song after like. . . 80 tries? I know I went far and beyond the 60 plays needed to get a loveca.

Point is I did it once in that glorious moment and haven't been able to do it since. That song strikes the fear of God in me.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

well we got through about 2/3 of the second season today and are going to finish the series off with episodes 22-25 of Cinderella Girls tomorrow, Monday 21 February, at 9am PST // 12 noon EST // 5pm GMT

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CJd4VpYn_U

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AHHHH I was about to fc master event when I got a call literally on the last note and when I unpaused back in I hosed it up!!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Same. I made the walls windows so my idols understand their precarious situation.

Same OP.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yo Zep, I finished watching Cinderella Girls and it was good and emotionally cathartic. I recommend you do the same soon.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Yo Zep, I finished watching Cinderella Girls and it was good and emotionally cathartic. I recommend you do the same soon.

panda and I have an agreement.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Moldy Taxes posted:

I FC'd Binetsu Kara Mystery when it was up as the event song after like. . . 80 tries? I know I went far and beyond the 60 plays needed to get a loveca.

Point is I did it once in that glorious moment and haven't been able to do it since. That song strikes the fear of God in me.

Nice, what difficulty?

also i downloaded JP SIF. So now i've got it installed 3 times. Twice on my tablet once on my phone.

Ill probably get SS on my phone at some point too, but that one's more effort to manage idols and i haven't gotten near filling up all my space for them in that yet.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 22, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i have this mission or whatever it says something about practicing 5 times or something? How do I do that. (Japanese SIF)

edit: wait nevermind, i thought it meant songs, practicing is what it's called when you get one idol to eat another.

also i have 112/27 LP. I wonder when this stuff is coming to the english version

Skwee fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 22, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Skwee posted:

i have this mission or whatever it says something about practicing 5 times or something? How do I do that. (Japanese SIF)

edit: wait nevermind, i thought it meant songs, practicing is what it's called when you get one idol to eat another.

Ah okay. For future reference, http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=List_of_Assignments.

e: fixed url

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

ah, thanks.

also it's nice that i dont have to "unlock" the higher difficulties in this version

I can just go straight in and full combo hard and get 1k handshake points to do 10 pulls

edit: wtf i love how many songs this is giving me. Like you beat a song for a mission and then it gives you another song and tells you to beat it too, and then you do and it gives you another one to beat. Amazing. And I haven't even heard these songs before in the US version.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 22, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, the Japanese version of SIF is pretty great, though at least they're slowly introducing those features into the English version. The English version is essentially a year behind the Japanese version.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
yeah i've just started playing the japanese version today and I have 13 songs in the hits list, and on the US version i've been playing for a week and a half or 2 weeks or something and I only have 10 songs on the hits list.

and in the japanese version i have 240/32 LP. My LP is just going up instead of down lol.

Also I did a 10 pull in SIF cuz I felt like it, and I got 3 SRs, but no UR.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 22, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

yeah i've just started playing the japanese version today and I have 13 songs in the hits list, and on the US version i've been playing for a week and a half or 2 weeks or something and I only have 10 songs on the hits list.

Yeah, JP seems to have two tracks of songs to unlock, one the same as EN, the other newer songs. Plus it has way more EX songs in rotation, though that's not as pronounced as it used to be. More non-EX songs in B-Side rotation, too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

and in the japanese version i have 240/32 LP. My LP is just going up instead of down lol.

You'll level a lot faster too. My JPN account passed my English account about a month or two ago, and I had been playing my English account a lot longer.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think they level at the same speed now. EN implemented the half xp requirements for levels 1-100 a few months back, right?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8uj0-UHqk

was watchin this cuz i liked the song when it came up in the medley.

What are those icons that show up in some of the beats? It's not a star or a line, it's something else

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8uj0-UHqk

was watchin this cuz i liked the song when it came up in the medley.

What are those icons that show up in some of the beats? It's not a star or a line, it's something else

Event stuff.

You gather tokens to play the event song.

Sorta like what's going on in SS but you actually see the tokens during the song instead of being given the ticket things at the end of the song.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So i got enough love gems on my english reroll on my phone to do a 10 pull, and got an ultra rare pure maki. Neat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part of the reason I like Sleeping Princess so much is because I like songs with this.... church choir-like feel? Like, the kids singing in the background, the dudes chanting.

I can't think of really apt comparison but I guess it's sort of like how one of the OPs for Eureka SeveN had the song start of with Amazing Grace or something. Or like certain Disney songs like Be Prepared of Friends on the Other Side.

Saihyou kinda has that going on too I think.

Of course there are other reasons I like it too, like Chihaya's powerful voice and how (as I have no knowledge of what the lyrics mean) a lot of Chihaya's songs that I like just feel like they have this sense of force and power in the face of powerlessness or sadness.

Like, singing your heart out in the face of sadness, singing to let the world know of your sadness, etc.

I could be totally wrong. Like I said, I don't know the lyrics to most idol songs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually I'm pretty sure a bunch of rap songs are like that too.

Which I also like.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

So i got enough love gems on my english reroll on my phone to do a 10 pull, and got an ultra rare pure maki. Neat.

Stargazing Maki is a good Maki.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

I am jealous of your UR Maki.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For those of you who don't have UR Makis, have some UR A Maki.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I really can't complain considering I have Nico. Two of them!

Also a bunch of URs on my JPN account.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish I could have a UR but also I wish I could have a UR without using my Loveca.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, I have a lot of Honokas. I should probably pay attention to the pool I'm drawing from instead of randomly pulling whenever I get 50 loveca.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

For those of you who don't have UR Makis, have some UR A Maki.

I tried to find the doujin page where Nico's eating those rice snacks called maki and making suggestive comments while Maki gets angry, but to no avail.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I wish I could have a UR but also I wish I could have a UR without using my Loveca.

No shame in waiting for a Nico UR or for a BiBi or third year box.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I tried to find the doujin page where Nico's eating those rice snacks called maki and making suggestive comments while Maki gets angry, but to no avail.

Please post it if you do happen on them again, they sound positively delightful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

No shame in waiting for a Nico UR or for a BiBi or third year box.

If they don't do some sort of special event for the Final Live I'm legit gonna be angry.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Managed to B Rank Nation Blue, now time to go for an A Rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Please post it if you do happen on them again, they sound positively delightful.

I have looked more. I have given up.