Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Condiv posted:

god drat goku's a dick

he slugged monaka in the face jesus

somehow after 20 years no one at Toei knows how to write Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wait, what? Why?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

Wait, what? Why?

He really wanted to test how strong Monaka was and expected him to dodge.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

he learned it from krillin

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why do they keep teasing Buu, then prevent him from fighting at the last second? :argh:

He has one of the more unique fighting styles, I was looking forward to him in the tournament :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Why do they keep teasing Buu, then prevent him from fighting at the last second? :argh:

He has one of the more unique fighting styles, I was looking forward to him in the tournament :(

I suspect they keep having to deal with "Buu is around and exists and is absurdly powerful" mixed with "a gumball genie who is effectively unkillable and can turn his opponents into candy basically either has to job/be nosold or is unstoppable as written."

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Covok posted:

Goku with a beard gives me a Jesus vibe for some odd reason.

http://www.crossroad.to/text/responses/dragonball-z.htm

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blockhouse posted:

somehow after 20 years no one at Toei knows how to write Goku

Blaze Dragon posted:

Seems pretty in-character for Goku to me. :shrug:

Speaking of which: was him punching Jeice in the face anime filler or was it in the manga too?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

What the hell is this?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Augus posted:

Speaking of which: was him punching Jeice in the face anime filler or was it in the manga too?

It was.

I also don't think that's uncharacteristic of Goku knowing that Monaka is supposed to be stronger than him.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku punching Monaka reminds me of Chichi attacking Roshi in early DB.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I still don't really understand the direction Chi-Chi's character went in. Where did her whole obsession with bourgeois respectability come from? Certainly not from Ox-King.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Or Goku blasting the Old Kai in the face.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Silver2195 posted:

I still don't really understand the direction Chi-Chi's character went in. Where did her whole obsession with bourgeois respectability come from? Certainly not from Ox-King.

Shes jealous of Bulma.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Her entire education is from magazines

That's canon

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
OK, I have some free time and I really don't feel like doing taxes right now. Time for more GT!

Episode 8: Whisker Power

In this episode: The writers continue to rip offpay tribute to the Oolong arc of Dragonball classic.
  • This arc's villain continues to be grating beyond words.
  • Goku finally says what I spent the whole last episode screaming and suggests just attacking the guy. Apparently this is too dangerous because he could set off a volcano or something.
  • Goku helpfully reminds us that Trunks, though captured, is unfathomably strong and as such is in no real danger. So... why do I care about any of this again?
  • I'm not angry that Goku stripped naked in front of his granddaughter and a complete stranger. I'm angry that he then proceeds to take his clothes down with him into the lake. Wasn't the point to keep his clothes dry while he searched!?
  • Every time I start getting annoyed with Pan she kicks the robot and I instantly like her again.
  • This monster has a lot of women's clothing in his closet. Just saying.
  • Trunks's cover is blown and the monster is fine with it either way. I'll admit it. I laughed.
  • Oh. I guess the monster still thought Trunks was a girl when his wig came off. That's less funny...
  • Monster finally creates the earthquake he's been threatening everyone with the whole episode and it is SO ANOYING!
  • Wait what!? So the monster can't make earthquakes but instead just predicts them and fakes it? Bullshit!
  • No really, there were no hints that this was what was happening. In fact, the timing of the earthquakes is so convenient that the monster faking it is really hard to believe.
  • Trunks smacks the monster down showing that this whole ordeal was indeed a pointless waste of time.
  • Volcano starts erupting on it's own. This seems to surprise the earthquake-predicting monster for some reason.
  • Now that I think about it it's kind of weird that the monster made his home under a volcano he knew would be going off soon.
  • Pretty sure hitting a volcano with a ki blast would rain down fiery death on everyone within twenty miles, but whatever.
  • Wasn't the whole reason they couldn't fight him in the first place because because a volcano might erupt? God damnit show!!!
  • Village decides to take in the annoying sociopath that spent the last several years extorting them/trying to rape their women because he just feel awful about the whole thing. :psyduck:
  • In a surprise twist one of the villagers was a villain in disguise and has stolen the Dragonball! This raises so many questions I don't even know where to start. How did a village of like thirty people not notice this new guy show up? How does he know what a Dragonball is or what it does? How did he know that the Dragonball was there in the first place? Why didn't he just take it by force? I mean it's not like these villagers are particularly strong.
  • Eh. Whatever, as long as it get's me out of this arc I'll take it.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 22, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really liked this week's episode. It had a lot of good jokes, seeing how different the other universe's Saiyans are was cool, just great stuff. Plus, since Team Beerus is down a man and Kibito and Supreme Kai are split again, we might get Vegito as the fifth man, which would be rad.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
But then they'd have to waste a wish separating. Plus they stated already that this is basically no-stakes for them since the planet will just change universes but stay intact.

If Piccolo splits Nail out, though, then we're talking

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zelah posted:

But then they'd have to waste a wish separating. Plus they stated already that this is basically no-stakes for them since the planet will just change universes but stay intact.

If Piccolo splits Nail out, though, then we're talking

Another good way to have the forgetting about King Kai being dead gag.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wouldn't be super shocked if the stakes get raised towards the end. Even if Potamo and robot guy are jokes and Frost and Cabba are both chill dudes they're definitely implying something's up with Hit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zelah posted:

Plus they stated already that this is basically no-stakes for them since the planet will just change universes but stay intact.

Once the Earth is swapped, the Saiyans of Universe 6 will come after Vegita to punish him for his crimes :twisted:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

I really liked this week's episode. It had a lot of good jokes, seeing how different the other universe's Saiyans are was cool, just great stuff. Plus, since Team Beerus is down a man and Kibito and Supreme Kai are split again, we might get Vegito as the fifth man, which would be rad.

vegeta already told trunks and goten that fusing is cheating

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if I should feel ashamed for taking a second to remember that Goku repeatedly punching Jeice in the face while Jeice keeps trying to finish an angry sentence is a DBZA gag and not actually canon.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
So it's hard to tell but in the updated opening, it looks like Frost uses the Cooler form? Could just be a bad drawing of the 3rd form though

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Cooler Form has a mouth covering.

I hope Frost comes to hang out more with the gang.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Enjoyed the new Super. Hope Monaka turns out to be as fun as he seems. Hit seems like a total shithead but I'm glad Cabba and Frost are friendly.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
New episode owns. Tour Guide Whis, The Universal Anthem, and Super Saiyan Hobo.

Poor Monaka, Goku still hasn't learned his boundaries. Still, he has to be pretty strong to survive a full power punch he wasn't expecting.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Team Four Star got booted off of youtube... again.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How long has it been since the last time?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Their whole channel has been taken down this time.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Huh. I thought it'd be their gaming channel if anything.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't google listen to the disclaimer at the beginning of each episode? This is an outrage!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This happens all the time, they will be back.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I wonder if youtube will ever fix their shitshow of a copyright system.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Monaghan posted:

I wonder if youtube will ever fix their shitshow of a copyright system.

Google basically has a monopoly on standardized internet video streaming so no, they will not do that. Because where else are you gonna go, vimeo??? I eagerly await team four star rising from the dead like a beautiful phoenix for the 18th time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

Google basically has a monopoly on standardized internet video streaming so no, they will not do that. Because where else are you gonna go, vimeo??? I eagerly await team four star rising from the dead like a beautiful phoenix for the 18th time.

It is a delicate balancing act. Being the video monopoly has great advertising perks, but you can't be too vigilant about copyright take downs, or all of your content creators will revolt and go to Vimeo or whatever. Google makes a good showing of taking down stuff, but honestly we all know 97% of all Youtube content is in some kind of technical violation of copyright, so they don't try too hard.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Doesn't Toei animation take all the ad revenue from DBZ Abridged anyway?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

People already just use dailymotion for stuff that would get hit by copyright takedowns, it's not like youtube's going to change its policies form some "mass walkout of content providers" or whatever

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Kazy posted:

Doesn't Toei animation take all the ad revenue from DBZ Abridged anyway?

The takedown is an automated system that checks for video footage. Yes that's loving stupid but Google appears to give no fucks and all TFS has to do is appeal and they'll go whoops sorry. It happens to LPs sometimes too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
What's the copyright situation on DBZ Abridged, anyway? I know they have a disclaimer...but a disclaimer is not a magic get-out-of-infringement-free card. Parody is (rightfully) protected under Fair Use laws...but does that still get to apply when they're not just parodying material but straight up lifting footage wholesale?

• Locked thread