Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ledge
Jun 10, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Curia is showing support for keeping current flag has dropped to 55% from close to 70% a few months ago so it's not quite as clear cut as it was.

Just going to quote myself here...

ledge posted:

I am scared shitless that middle New Zealand will vote for a change just because. Then we'll have that abortion of a flag for the next 100 years.

The flag change will happen and I'll die a bit more inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=IQ0W6YRez74

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Ugh why don't you embed you YouTube bastard

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Because you linked m.youtube, not normal youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ0W6YRez74

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Thank your chosen deity for your technical skills. Anyway, I chortled at the embedded video above.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

klen dool posted:

Okay how do I get back in this argument. Um, no you wrong Barons Ghost Wandle 504 or something i dunno.

I didn't even internet who even is Ghostlight and why does anyone care that he's not changing?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I think I recognise her from rocky horror. RIP.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ledge posted:

Just going to quote myself here...

https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?do=contract_detail&contract=FLAG.REF.OLD

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Ghostlight posted:

It's implied from the fact that you took that news and instead of going "oh, I'd never heard of her, but that's New Zealand celebrity for you" you then posted it here and instead of just being like "wow, this actor died" you were "this NOBODY is apparently important to someone? NOT ME."

It's a dick move and a dick attitude, and that's fine to be honest, only now you're in an extended argument with other dicks about how you weren't being a dick you were just asking questions okay. Vagabundo shouldn't care about this because it was dumb and petty to begin with, but now you're being a dick trying to win an argument over whether or not you were being a dick.

Which is not to demand you should care about this person you'd never heard of, but at least don't deny that you went out of your way to bring attention to their death because somebody else considered them more important than you did.

Really? that's really weird you read that because what I wrote is "Is this person famous? ive never heard of her, am I out of touch?"

In a thread full of New Zealanders, talking about New Zealand topics.

How EXACTLY did I suggest I didn't think they were important to someone else but not me?
How EXACTLY is it wrong to ask "Who is this? What am I missing?"
Where EXACTLY would be better to ask these questions?

You are imaging things and making poo poo up.

Fake edit: This is why I was wondering who the hell she was:

"One of New Zealand's best-known actresses, Sophia Hawthorne, has died."
"She was twice nominated for best actress in a TV drama"
"Hawthorne comes from a family of prolific Kiwi actors and is the daughter of Elizabeth and Raymond Hawthorne"

504 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 19, 2016

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

ledge posted:

and how long will it be till someone tries to start up a "Change it back" movement (and will it be more than one old man in a crappy van this time)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

504 posted:

Quote the post where I said it was wrong.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Your goon levels are exceeding safe levels, lads.

Put it down to the humidity.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Ghostlight posted:

Quote the post where I said it was wrong.

Every single post where you imply I'm not actually asking "for reals" but smug facing that's shes kicked the bucket.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
If this actress is such a non-entity how has she generated 100 posts in 8 hours in a thread that normally gets 100 posts in three months?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

504 posted:

Really? that's really weird you read that because what I wrote is "Is this person famous? ive never heard of her, am I out of touch?"

In a thread full of New Zealanders, talking about New Zealand topics.

How EXACTLY did I suggest I didn't think they were important to someone else but not me?
Where EXACTLY would be better to ask these questions?

You are imaging things and making poo poo up.

Fake edit: This is why I was wondering who the hell she was:

"One of New Zealand's best-known actresses, Sophia Hawthorne, has died."
"She was twice nominated for best actress in a TV drama"
"Hawthorne comes from a family of prolific Kiwi actors and is the daughter of Elizabeth and Raymond Hawthorne"

haha, holy poo poo

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Holy poo poo shut up about the dead lady

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

El Pollo Blanco posted:

If this actress is such a non-entity how has she generated 100 posts in 8 hours in a thread that normally gets 100 posts in three months?

It's the tourism revenue from the thread title anna paquin is famous as gently caress.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Holy poo poo shut up about the dead lady

What, she isn't important enough to refer to by name?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
"Oh hey, there's been another big internal scandal in the National Party and there's 82 new posts in the thread. I'm still not entirely sure what's going on, so I wonder if anybody knows anything."

*82 posts of people screaming about how little they care about an actress*

"Righto."

in other news: a bunch of texts between John Key and Rachel Glucina are being leaked right now. They were sent during ponytailgate, and Glucina pretty nakedly reveals that she's smearing the gently caress out of a waitress for political reasons.

I dunno you guys but maybe we should talk about that instead.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Post them

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
We've only got one so far

http://www.newshub.co.nz/politics/glucinas-text-message-to-pm-revealed-2016021915#axzz40edPvOTY

That article makes it sounds like there's only one, but people are saying the OIA request was for more than that.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Pretty sure only one text exists. The Obudsman mentioned only one and that mention was directly related to the OIA request.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The text honestly isn't even that damning - once again, the real damning thing is that Key has tried (illegally) to bury something he could've passed off as completely innocuous without affecting his narrative of the scandal.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Not to mention that he has investigate journalists working with him to protect him

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ghostlight posted:

The text honestly isn't even that damning - once again, the real damning thing is that Key has tried (illegally) to bury something he could've passed off as completely innocuous without affecting his narrative of the scandal.

He'll just make it legal

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Why bother. There's no penalty for acting illegally in this case but you still get to kick the football 11 months down the field where the game is over.

It won't even affect our Open Government Partnership efforts because those exist in name only. win win win win.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I am now boarding a train to the Georgia World Congress Center to see Trumpism in the real starting just over 30 mins

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Jacobin posted:

I am now boarding a train to the Georgia World Congress Center to see Trumpism in the real starting just over 30 mins

Stay strong, don't get sucked into the hype

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

"Oh hey, there's been another big internal scandal in the National Party and there's 82 new posts in the thread. I'm still not entirely sure what's going on, so I wonder if anybody knows anything."

*82 posts of people screaming about how little they care about an actress*

"Righto."

in other news: a bunch of texts between John Key and Rachel Glucina are being leaked right now. They were sent during ponytailgate, and Glucina pretty nakedly reveals that she's smearing the gently caress out of a waitress for political reasons.

I dunno you guys but maybe we should talk about that instead.

John Key is made entirely out of Teflon so what does it even matter

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Crane Fist posted:

John Key is made entirely out of Teflon so what does it even matter

Once scratched he begins to flake away, and when heated he gives off fumes that cause flu like symptoms?

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I think Gerry will be wishing he was made of Teflon after this:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/77147819/arrest-after-brown-substance-poured-on-gerry-brownlee-at-service

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Once scratched he begins to flake away, and when heated he gives off fumes that cause flu like symptoms?

Because he's greasy to the touch and owned by the Americans

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Any ex-Massey High students here?

The school, probably the board, basically woke up stupid and decided that it would be a fantastic idea to remove the summer option for their uniform. Cue: students and their parents collectively telling to the school to kindly go gently caress themselves. How loving idiotic and separated from the real world do you have to be to not have it occur to you that winter uniform and blazers and poo poo are part of he winter uniform, and that the summer uniform of just about given school consists of a short-sleeve shirt like a polo and shorts FOR A loving REASON? So, so, so stupid.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11593678

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 22, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"The heat is only an issue for a few weeks each year", he raises his voice over the sound of students dropping from heat stroke.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Uniforms are just a racket anyway, they don't actually do anything for students other than make then hate uniforms.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

As a student I liked having a uniform because it meant that when I got up late I didn't spend any time trying to find something to wear because it was always in a pile on the floor where I left it - as an adult I don't look at students in uniform and think "wow, what a professional and well-represented school i should look them up when I have a child", I think "look at those poor bastards in their monkey suits."

Literally all a uniform is good for is teaching kids how to do a tie, which you can probably substitute with a 30 minute class at a quarter of the price.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ghostlight posted:

As a student I liked having a uniform because it meant that when I got up late I didn't spend any time trying to find something to wear because it was always in a pile on the floor where I left it - as an adult I don't look at students in uniform and think "wow, what a professional and well-represented school i should look them up when I have a child", I think "look at those poor bastards in their monkey suits."

Literally all a uniform is good for is teaching kids how to do a tie, which you can probably substitute with a 30 minute class at a quarter of the price.

Lol, a tie

Check out this fancy school going to oval office

*smashes beer bottle on own face*

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I went there, I don't recognise the principal's name so I guess that changed. Either way there didn't use to be any blazer or tie, except for when you represented the school externally, and you would just borrow a blazer from the school for that day.

It used to just be a polo shirt, and a sweater for winter. And it's West loving Auckland anyway so why are they even pretending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"The heat is only an issue for a few weeks each year", he raises his voice over the sound of students dropping from heat stroke.

The PPTA membership on the Facebook page are almost unanimously siding with the students and parents on this one. It's a ridiculous thing for the school to do.

• Locked thread