Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah replacing a rear quarterpanel takes cutting an assload of spotwelds, putting a new panel on, getting it just right, spotwelding it on, re-corrosion-proofing all welded or cut areas if they did it right (hint: they didn't), then body filler as required, sanding sanding sanding filler sanding sanding, prime/paint/cc, and reinstalling all the trim and stuff that had to be removed. It's about a million times more work than a front quarterpanel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ. This body is not built for booze anymore. I haven't had a hangover this bad in years.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

kastein posted:

Yeah replacing a rear quarterpanel takes cutting an assload of spotwelds, putting a new panel on, getting it just right, spotwelding it on, re-corrosion-proofing all welded or cut areas if they did it right (hint: they didn't), then body filler as required, sanding sanding sanding filler sanding sanding, prime/paint/cc, and reinstalling all the trim and stuff that had to be removed. It's about a million times more work than a front quarterpanel.

There's a reason I drive 150km to where my parents live to use this particular mechanic. And it's because he does everything right. He actually had to send the car back to the painter, because he wasn't 100% satisfied with the clearcoat on the repainted parts compared to the original paint. I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed it. He's a stickler for quality, and probably the only mechanic I trust to do a perfect job the first time, every time. He's not the cheapest, but he's probably the best Peugeot mechanic in the country.

And I have to say, it looks absolutely good as new, both inside and out, they did an amazing job on it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally got home. I'd love to lay down and go to sleep now, but I was supposed to clock in for work 20 minutes ago (I do have an hour leeway in either direction though, I'm taking full advantage of it, since I just finished a 220 mile drive).

Austin was a hell of a lot of fun. It's drat tempting to move there... except for the traffic. OTOH people there sometimes actually let you in when you put on your signal, instead of stomping the gas and rushing to cut you off.

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ. This body is not built for booze anymore. I haven't had a hangover this bad in years.

I woke up saying pretty much exactly the same thing on Friday. Hostel I was staying at had a bar crawl on Thursday down 6th Street (those who live in Austin know what 6th is). Got lost as poo poo on my way back too, drat city moved the bus stops when I wasn't looking. Lyft gouged me a bit with surge pricing after I gave up trying to find the right bus stop, but it was still cheaper than a taxi.

I don't drink much anymore either, which definitely didn't help with the hangover bit. I stayed in bed most of Friday.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 21, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

I just flat out can't drink anymore. More than one drink and I'll feel it in the morning and lately beer has really been loving with my stomach. Getting old sucks man

Had a surprisingly great Sunday for not having anything planned until a random snapchat at 5:30am from the fwb. Ended up grabbing brunch then taught her how to drive a 5-speed and ended with going to see Deadpool. Brunch was awesome, she didn't murder my clutch (actually picked it up really quick) and Deadpool was of course great. Probably going to see Deadpool a second time this week and again next weekend with various people.

Tomorrow after work heading down to Georgia with my brother to look at a old truck. Looks really clean in the ad but we'll see.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I foolishly thought that 37 year old Rhyno could hang like 25 year old Rhyno. I haven't puked on my birthday in 16 years.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

having to re-learn how to cook on an electric stove is weird

the cast irons are enough of a buffer that those are pretty much unchanged, but things made in pots are weird. there's a coast phase after you shut the power off so boilovers are harder to avoid, and i can't seem to get rice to come out right, it seems to take twice as long to cook.

the rice thing might just be because it's a different brand tho.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Maybe I'm just lazy but I've always just made rice in a rice cooker.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

see i keep seeing those recommended but before i could always do it perfectly and quickly so it was never an issue for me

tonight though i let it sit a good 25 minutes including rest time and it was still grainy with water in the bottom

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Wife just paid off her car loan, we're now totally debt-free! Compared to 6 months ago that means about $500-600/mo extra straight to the bank; we've paid off 2 sets of student loans and a car since then. Feels good.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Enourmo posted:

see i keep seeing those recommended but before i could always do it perfectly and quickly so it was never an issue for me

tonight though i let it sit a good 25 minutes including rest time and it was still grainy with water in the bottom
Cooking on an electric stove is awful bullshit and I am so thrilled the place I'm about to close on has gas.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Enourmo posted:

I know the rice cooker is slow. Mine takes about 40 minutes to make a pot. I like it since I can walk away and do other things or cook something else while I wait.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Wife just paid off her car loan, we're now totally debt-free! Compared to 6 months ago that means about $500-600/mo extra straight to the bank; we've paid off 2 sets of student loans and a car since then. Feels good.

Hero of the day.txt :)

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Took my parents out to Mexican last night.

How do I correct their pronunciation of Negro Modelo?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Pham Nuwen posted:

:toot: :toot:

You done good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Cook it in the oven, comes out perfect every time. Brown rice anyway, not sure if it's the same for white but I don't see why not.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

blk posted:

Took my parents out to Mexican last night.

How do I correct their pronunciation of Negro Modelo?

The e in negro is pronounced as an "eh" sound. "Neighgrow" Modelo. I'm still trying to break my mother of saying "chipoltee" and this is a woman who lived in texas for 20+ years. :v:

EDIT: And by also correcting it every loving time you hear it. Sooner or later, they'll get tired of you correcting them!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My old man butchers Chipotle in the same way, and he's lived in AZ his whole life.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Awesome. Congratulations!

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Rhyno posted:

Yeah I foolishly thought that 37 year old Rhyno could hang like 25 year old Rhyno. I haven't puked on my birthday in 16 years.

Like I always say "if you aint puking you aint partying"

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

KozmoNaut posted:

Sludge isn't my primary preference, but they sound pretty good. And metal shows are always fun, some just require more beer than others.

This is also my stance on metal shows :)

I do however dream of a metal show where it isn't quite so loud and they have a few seats somewhere at the back/round the edge so you can sit down for a bit sometimes. I am becoming an old man...

Rhyno posted:

I have just been away on a mates stag weekend and managed to not be sick or overly hungover despite how much I drank. I am not sure how since I am usually bad after a night out now. Did a lot of walking between pubs rather than sitting in one place - maybe that is the key?

Pham Nuwen posted:

Well done! - Now go buy a house....

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Tomarse posted:

Well done! - Now go buy a house....

That's next up, I talked to a realtor today.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

The e in negro is pronounced as an "eh" sound. "Neighgrow" Modelo. I'm still trying to break my mother of saying "chipoltee" and this is a woman who lived in texas for 20+ years. :v:

EDIT: And by also correcting it every loving time you hear it. Sooner or later, they'll get tired of you correcting them!

I know how to pronounce it, I just don't know how to bring it up to them that they're doing it wrong

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
The weather was so nice here this weekend. A few more weeks and it will be time to take out the Miata.

I'm finally getting my Elantra back on Monday after having it in the shop for over a month for a new engine. I'll be relieved to get it back so that I can stop buying temporary park passes for my loaner vehicles every time I want to hike.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Pham Nuwen posted:

Good work! It was over 3 1/2 years ago we paid off our last consumer debt and we have never looked back. After climbing that mountain there is nothing worth jumping off for.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

blk posted:

I know how to pronounce it, I just don't know how to bring it up to them that they're doing it wrong

"Its not the loving fifties you racist assholes."

I had a Zen moment a few weeks ago after listening to a podcast. No matter how bad poo poo is...I'm alive, right? I've still been a grumpy gently caress, but trying to be more positive and just accept things has been better. Also I've spent a lot less time online and in front of a TV, even if it just means sitting on my porch.

Feels weird, but good. Who knew a Joe Rogan podcast would help my life?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

goatse guy posted:

I'm finally getting my Elantra back on Monday after having it in the shop for over a month for a new engine. I'll be relieved to get it back so that I can stop buying temporary park passes for my loaner vehicles every time I want to hike.

They don't use one of those hanging-from-the-rearview placards for park passes? Seems kinda dumb to tie a park pass to a single vehicle. What if you have multiple cars you drive regularly, you have to buy a separate pass for each one?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, goddammit. My insurance company still maintains that I was at fault for the traffic accident that happened in September. They even state that because the other party honked at me, I had obviously put them in danger, and therefore I was responsible.

The "little" problem with that is that I was the one who honked, and that it happened much later than if she had wanted to warn me about my lane change. I even stated this quite clearly in my descriptions of the incident, but apparently they couldn't be bothered to actually read those.

So off the case goes to their complaints department, with yet another detailed description of what happened and why the other party willfully and deliberately drove into me. I'll be calling them this afternoon as well, once I've cooled down a little.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...wouldn't it be in the interests of YOUR insurance company to be on your side on this??

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

88h88 posted:

...wouldn't it be in the interests of YOUR insurance company to be on your side on this??

Not if they don't think they can win the insurance case against the other company.

That's the hosed up thing about insurance companies, they don't care about their customers, only which cases they can and cannot win.

If they side with me, but don't win the case, they get nothing. If they simple concede the case, they'll lose the payout to the other insurance company*, but they'll still get my deductible. And they'll save time and money.

*Actually they won't, because IIRC payouts on liability insurance is paid for by a collective fund or something.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 22, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Well done, that's a good feeling. I was so close then the stupid hvac fried itself and set me back a few months for paying off the remaining loan I have :argh: Get that paid then it will just be mortgage unless Dad goes through with the latest scheme then I'll have a small loan since we're splitting it.

Tomarse posted:

I do however dream of a metal show where it isn't quite so loud and they have a few seats somewhere at the back/round the edge so you can sit down for a bit sometimes. I am becoming an old man...
I've been going to a lot more concerts and festivals in the last ~6 months, I always have ear plugs on me (thanks work) and usually just hang out towards the back. Place we usually go has chairs around the back/walls and a bar you can sit at. I'll go jump around for a while but I'm rarely going to do that for six or more hours :corsair:

goatse guy posted:

The weather was so nice here this weekend. A few more weeks and it will be time to take out the Miata.

Look forward to Miata snaps. Wasn't that Elantra pretty new? How did you manage to blow that thing up or is it a known issue?

iwentdoodie posted:

I had a Zen moment a few weeks ago after listening to a podcast. No matter how bad poo poo is...I'm alive, right? I've still been a grumpy gently caress, but trying to be more positive and just accept things has been better. Also I've spent a lot less time online and in front of a TV, even if it just means sitting on my porch.
Had kind of similar last summer when things were kind of lovely. I'm healthy, possibly the best I've ever been, and alive. Things could be better sure but they could certainly be worse.

T-minus 8 hours until road trip to go look at a dinky truck. Brother said if I buy it I have have the Eaton M90 supercharger he picked up for his E30 before the timing belt snapped. This thing is going to turn into another money pit.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

iwentdoodie posted:

"Its not the loving fifties you racist assholes."

Because people mispronouncing the name of a foreign beer (or pronouncing it the way it the word is locally pronounced) is literally racism. :rolleyes:

Better tell these people how racist they are: http://www.uncf.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

How did you manage to blow that thing up or is it a known issue?
She's blown enough motors (at least 2 in two years) to show that she's as bad at cars as she is at people.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 22, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

iwentdoodie posted:

Feels weird, but good. Who knew a Joe Rogan podcast would help my life?

:hfive:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Glad you didn't sell yours. Getting excited to take mine out too in a few weeks.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

meatpimp posted:

She's blown enough motors (at least 2 in two years) to show that she's as bad at cars as she is at people.

Wow man. You're so cool.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Dammit, Meatpimp. Now the white knights are gonna brigade in here to help the one known woman in here.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Maybe we shouldn't insult each other like that at all in the first place. :confused:

But its meatpimp and hes just rude sometimes so ignore and don't respond.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Washed the ND this weekend since it was a breezy 70F outside and actually put the new registration sticker on the plate even though I've had it for like a month and I've been ridin' like Kastein dirty for the past few weeks. Maybe it was only a week since it goes 2 weeks into the next month.

I got my gross rear end 6 speed from Muffin box and started to degrease the fucker. I need to pick up a brass brush to really get at the grime. Next up on the block: paint correction on the truck. It's swirl city and you can see the shadows of the vinyl lettering that was on the thing. I should also probably do an oil change. How much oil does an LM7 take?

Oh yeah, race in 2 weeks, autocross in 4, glorious 日本 in 4 and change. Where is all of the time going? I need to reschedule my Global Entry interview because I'm not leaving the terminal at O'Hare.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Phone posted:

Washed the ND this weekend since it was a breezy 70F outside and actually put the new registration sticker on the plate even though I've had it for like a month and I've been ridin' like Kastein dirty for the past few weeks. Maybe it was only a week since it goes 2 weeks into the next month.

I got my gross rear end 6 speed from Muffin box and started to degrease the fucker. I need to pick up a brass brush to really get at the grime. Next up on the block: paint correction on the truck. It's swirl city and you can see the shadows of the vinyl lettering that was on the thing. I should also probably do an oil change. How much oil does an LM7 take?

Oh yeah, race in 2 weeks, autocross in 4, glorious 日本 in 4 and change. Where is all of the time going? I need to reschedule my Global Entry interview because I'm not leaving the terminal at O'Hare.

6 quarts of 5w-30. Wix filter 57060. It freaks customers out when I hear 5.3 and immediately grab the filter for it without looking in a book. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I don't think there's a Rotella in 5W30. I forgot who was also good, Pennezoil? I think I'm gonna keep the truck on Dino unless if there's already synthetic from the factory.

• Locked thread