Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you want more Jojo goodness, my pal and former ADTRW mod Baal has started a thread in which he is LPing pretty much every other Jojo game here.

The LP DEFFO HAS SPOILERS tho, so be wary if you're new to Jojo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

It's a foregone conclusion, but I'd like to vote for Lucia as well. Ideally, with a distinctive body.

And as to her catch phrase... Papa mio!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've created Lucia, and it shouldn't be too hard to whip up and upload the update tomorrow.

Now to tide you over, a meme.

https://twitter.com/Iightred/status/700755870758473728

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
Okay, that last frame should be the default Jojo pose for Lucia Zeppelli.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That is def a high quality meme.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Roundabout as the ending theme is probably what I miss most about part 1 and 2.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

dscruffy1 posted:

Roundabout as the ending theme is probably what I miss most about part 1 and 2.

I miss the previous openings. Stand Proud just doesn't have the same weight as the other two. I think it's the vocals.

I do appreciate the pun, and it would've been acceptable if Sono Chi no Sadame and Bloody Stream weren't so darn good.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Aithon posted:

I do appreciate the pun,

...gently caress.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Aithon posted:

I miss the previous openings. Stand Proud just doesn't have the same weight as the other two. I think it's the vocals.

I do appreciate the pun, and it would've been acceptable if Sono Chi no Sadame and Bloody Stream weren't so darn good.

I agree that Stand Proud is the weakest of the openings, but god drat if End of the World isn't really good if only because of how different it is from the first 3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Episode 2: Who Are You?

Alright, I suppose I should get this dream over with so I can wake up.

Well, I like to make a lot of friends, so of course I'd be mingling with the group.

True friends have a reason to trust each other, and that's because they've earned that trust.

Of course! What are friends for, after all?

No way! My papa says it's harder for me to STOP socializing!

Well, I hate to admit it, but people have called me nosy. I'd probably take a peek.

For sure! My family dreads spring cleaning when I'm around!

Definitely! A person by themselves is just a friend that hasn't been made yet.

A practical gift is gone once you use it. A memento is forever!

My friend is in much more dire straits than I am! What I'm doing can wait!

I love being me, because I'm the only me I can be!

Love will change the world!

Hmm...I think I've got it! Your Stand is...

Now I'm actually kinda excited to see!

A humanoid Stand that can manipulate sound. Depending on the melody it plays, it can create powerful shockwaves, sharp air blades, or echolocation-based radar just by strumming on its guitar. In addition, it can use hypnosis to induce various effects on opponents and allies alike.

Whoa! That's...really far out!

Oh hi! Our Stand is Sonic Youth! Its name is a reference to a New York-based rock band that was active from 1981-2011. As you can see, it's pretty cool. Gameplay-wise, the skills we'll learn with Sonic Youth will be about evenly split between attacks and buffs/debuffs, and as it said, all of its abilities are mid-range. Overall, a nice balanced Stand.

As for your personality type...

You're a methodical person who doesn't like to leave a job undone, but you're also very excitable and cheerful. Family-oriented, you are unguarded and immediately open up around anyone. You're friendly, have a great sense of humor, and take pride in your strong sense of right and wrong. You're easily touched by the sentimental, and are sometimes taken in by sob-stories.

Heh, when you got me, you got me.

And this is our final personality. Not too far off from what was suggested!

I remember now! My name is Lucia! Lucia Zeppeli! My family moved to Japan from Italy when I was younger.

My close friends call me Lu.

Are you a boy or a girl?

Can't you see? I'm obviously a signorina!

Which of these most closely matches your appearance?

Oh, that one's me! I'm pretty average.

It's a very good interpretation.

Do you have a catchphrase? If so, please tell me what it is.

Well, I wouldn't say it's a catchphrase, but my friends tell me that I'm always saying "Di molto!" Probably just picked it up from family.

How does this sound?

Di molto! I'm Lucia, but my friends call me Lu! I'm the 7th Stand User!

That certainly sounds like me, though I'm not sure about this 7th Stand User thing...

Wait, where are you going? I still have a lot of questions!

I woke up.

! It's coming from the computer's speakers! Who are you!?

The time to introduce myself has most likely passed...But nonetheless, call me Steel. I'm the one who granted you a Stand.

Are you some kind of pervert! And I have no idea what you're talking about...I'm calling the police!

If you don't believe me, try calling out the name of your Stand from before. It will manifest before your very eyes!

St-Sta-What? That's...that's ridicolo! And quit changing the subject!

That was just a dream, wasn't it?!

Impossibile! That punk rocker just appeared in front of me! ....Sonic Youth?

You can see it, I presume? That is your Stand...

St...Stand?

In layman's terms, it's a superpower. The apparition standing in front of you is an extension of your body, so to speak. Generally, each Stand has one unique special abilitiy. These abilities can flout the laws of physics and defy the imagination...

Sonic Youth disappears as I turn to speak to my computer. Huh, weird.

But...but why are you doing this? And what exactly are you?

I'm simply the remnant of a man who was killed by one of these 'Stands.' Think of me like you would a prerecorded message.

Except prerecorded messages don't really....talk back.

Then what do you want with me?

You, with your newfound Stand, must take out a certain person...that insidious vampire, Dio!

Wait, vampire?! You mean like Christopher Lee?!

As long as Dio lives, they will continue to hunt you down...Go with caution.

...Haven't you ever heard 'with great power comes great responsibility?' This is simply a consequence of the thing you yourself wished for.

My computer is quoting Spider-Man. And I don't remember wishing for anything...

I can't believe this...You're the one who did this to me, so shouldn't your life be the one that's on the line here!?

I'll say it one more time...You are the one who wished for a Stand...And you are the one who called it forth.

Stop putting words in my mouth!

If you left Dio to his own devices, your friends and family would be at risk. Even if you weren't aware of it, you knew you needed a 'protector'...

That's what I was planning on doing. I guess I'll speak to you when I get back home, Signor Steel. Arrivederci!

...Oh, you want to come with me! That's fine too!

Got Radio!

Whenever you want to change your equipment, tactics, or catchphrase, call me with this radio. Also, if you press [Shift] while on the map, I can update you on the current situation and give you instructions on what to do next.

He's pretty much a menu.

Feel free to call me anytime. Take care now.

Alright, I'm going to go to school, and everything will be fine, and I'll just go on with my life.

Next time: Things go wrong! Lucia's life is changed forever!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 20, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Hmm...I think I've got it! Your Stand is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOLpBTDvd24

There's probably another song that this is reference to, but this was the first thing that came to mind.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I forgot to add the reference, but it's edited in now. Sonic Youth was a rock band that was active from 1981-2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Youth

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Straight from the other Jojo LP, it's a recap of Part 1!

Get to know the essential, Dio Brando.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Just keep living your life" isn't really a bad set of instructions.

Stand users do tend to run into each other.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

quote:

The time to introduce myself has most likely passed...But nonetheless, call me Steel. I'm the one who granted you a Stand.

Stephen, why are you harassing Japanese girls in the future with a radio?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Stephen, why are you harassing Japanese girls in the future with a radio?

Maybe he mistook her for Lucy. Their names are similar!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So now that we have our Stand, I should go over some general rules of Stands.

A person may only have one Stand. A Stand may be split into multiple entities, but it is one Stand with one ability.

A Stand is a part of its user, and any damage the Stand comes to is reflected on the body of its user.

Stands may only be seen by other Stand users, though there have been a couple exceptions to this.

A Stand can only be damaged by another Stand.

A Stand's power is inversely proportional to its distance from its user.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

A person may only have one Stand. A Stand may be split into multiple entities, but it is one Stand with one ability.

A Stand is a part of its user, and any damage the Stand comes to is reflected on the body of its user.

Stands may only be seen by other Stand users, though there have been a couple exceptions to this.

All rules are subject to loopholes and tweaking as Araki sees fit.

It's only 1 Stand per soul, but who said you could only have one soul in your body? Huh, DIAVOLO?!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm pretty sure all of these rules are broken in Part 3 alone. And I don't doubt that they keep being broken afterwards.

Stand rules are like the rules of the English language, you're better off ignoring them because there's like a million exceptions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WELL IN GENERAL.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Yes! Sonic Youth is my favorite of the stands in this game, mostly because of its buffs and debuffs being so good.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Can I ask what the other Stands we could've gotten were? Or will they show up in some way or another in the game itself?

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
You forgot the most important rule:

All of the above rules have exception to them. This is very important.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
Rules are made to be broken!

I'd say part 3 breaks the most stand rules as they didn't really have much rules back then. I mean DIO's stand at this point has used a different power to the one everyone knows it for later because at the begining Araki was gonna have it use all the Joestar stand powers or something like that. Needless to say that got dropped later on and has since become a plothole like a lot of things from the start of part 3.

All in all stands are pretty weird but still awesome.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I'm pretty sure that Hamon allowed you to kick Stand rear end?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Siegkrow posted:

Not at all. In the instance I think you're thinking of, the Ripple didn't even work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Can I ask what the other Stands we could've gotten were? Or will they show up in some way or another in the game itself?

Yeah, I could do a roundup post with information from the wiki.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

The closest thing I can think of where this is true is in All Star Battle, where Jonathan can, inexplicably, trade punch rushes with Stands.

But otherwise, no, Hamon has no effect on Stands.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Siegkrow posted:

I think Joseph could channel the Ripple through Hermit Purple somehow. I don't know if that means it could interact with other Stands, I figured he could do that because both powers are sorta an extension of himself.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hamon only gets used a couple of times after Battle Tendency. Once Stands show up, they take center stage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stands in the series are often given a set of stats based on their abilities and potential to develop those abilities. These are mostly window dressing, but here's Sonic Youth's.

Sonic Youth's Stats posted:

Power: C
Speed: A
Range :B
Precision: A
Durability: C
Development Potential: B

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Green Intern posted:

Hamon only gets used a couple of times after Battle Tendency. Once Stands show up, they take center stage.

Up until the Bow and Arrow of pt.4 was revealed, Stands were considered to be a form of Ripple energy (an offshoot, analog or 'evolution', of it, I forget which off the top of my head). Araki tends to favour the GM's Fiat* style of writing anyway. Unlike most other fanbases, however, Jojo fans rarely ever call bullshit and just go with it, mainly because the explanations are just too batshit/entertaining to hate on.

*"What I say goes, and if I'm proved wrong later, that just means I'm more right now". Except in this case, the GM's recovering from a peyote trip where he listened to nothing but King Crimson and Yes for 136 hours.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

*"What I say goes, and if I'm proved wrong later, that just means I'm more right now". Except in this case, the GM's recovering from a peyote trip where he listened to nothing but King Crimson and Yes for 136 hours.

that is probably the most accurate way to describe Araki's Plotting, throwing in a stack of Vogue magazines for reference.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Waffleman_ posted:

Stands in the series are often given a set of stats based on their abilities and potential to develop those abilities. These are mostly window dressing, but here's Sonic Youth's.

Just thought I'd chime in by giving a (brief, informal) explanation of what these stats mean. Again, this is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure we're talking about here, so this stuff is less "formal guideline" and more, "it kinda sorta works until Araki decides it doesn't":

Power refers to a Stand's raw strength. Sonic Youth's got a C in this, which means that any punches it throws are comparatively weak, and it won't be bending any iron bars any time soon.

Speed refers to how fast that stand can move. Self-explanatory. Sonic Youth's A Speed means it's really, really fast.

Range is how far away the Stand can move away from its user. Range is usually, but not always, inversely proportional to power; more powerful Stands, like Jotaro's Star Platinum, can only move a few body lengths away from their users, while weaker and smaller ones can operate out of their users' visual range. Bear in mind that Range is not a function of a Stand's special ability; we've yet to see Sonic Youth's abilities, but they can probably reach further than its Range. Range is absolute, so if a Stand is while at the edge of its Range, it will drag its user along with it.

Precision is how much control a Stand user has over its Stand, it's "Stand dexterity" basically. The lower this is, the more difficult it is to make a Stand move in a precise, calculated manner.

Durability refers to how much punishment a Stand can take, and how long it can maintain the effects of its special ability.

Development Potential is a Stand's untapped potential. Stands with low Potential ratings have yet to unlock most of their true power, which is manifested in either stronger existing powers or the discovery of new special abilities. Sonic Youth has a B in Potential, so who knows, it might have a surprise or two in store for us...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

"I drew this character as really feminine, so now he's a woman. I mean, she was a woman all along!"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MachuPikacchu posted:

Development Potential is a Stand's untapped potential. Stands with low Potential ratings have yet to unlock most of their true power, which is manifested in either stronger existing powers or the discovery of new special abilities. Sonic Youth has a B in Potential, so who knows, it might have a surprise or two in store for us...

It's just the opposite, actually. The higher the potential the more the stand can improve, and as the stand improves it's potential lowers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alright, let's do a STAND ROUNDUP. These are the other 17 Stands you can receive!

Red Garland

Namesake: Jazz musician William "Red" Garland

In-Game Description posted:

Clothed in red armor, this warrior Stand uses its fists as a weapon. Its punches can knock people silly, incapacitating them temporarily. Its incredible offensive power is offset by disappointingly low accuracy… However, in terms of sheer strength, few Stands can match it.

User Personality posted:

Taciturn, intimidating, and unshakeable. You take a methodical approach to problems, never rush things, and seldom show cracks in your calm veneer. You appreciate the simple things in life and have a lot of self-control, but you're a loner by nature as you feel most at peace when on your own.

Stats posted:

Distance: Short-Range
Class: Power Type
Power: A
Range: C
Precision: D
Potential: A

Red Garland has pretty much the highest pure attack power in the game, even stronger than Jotaro's Stand. However, this comes at the cost of its accuracy, defense, and speed. It also only has short-range attacks. If you wanna punch poo poo, that's fine, but its usefulness is more situational.

Howlin' Wolf

Namesake: Jazz musician Chester Arthur "Howlin' Wolf" Burnett

A beast-like Stand that can howl to create powerful, far-reaching shockwaves, in addition to attacking with its fangs and claws. Well-balanced in all areas, its power is backed up by impressive speed, giving it the potential to wreak instant devastation.

User Personality posted:

On the surface, you're cool-headed, indifferent, and alert. However, deep down, you're filled with curiosity and love spending time with family and friends more than anything else. Though you're wary of new people and situations, you're thick-skinned and composed, never one to sweat the small stuff. You feel that protecting your family is your duty in life.

Stats posted:

Distance: Mid-Range
Speed: B
Range: B
Precision: B
Durability: D
Potential: C

Howlin' Wolf is the Mario. It's incredibly balanced and probably the best Stand for a beginner. It doesn't particularly excel at much, but its sturdiness and ability to blow enemies back means not a lot of strategy is required with it.

Ocean Blue

Namesake: Indie pop band The Ocean Blue

This long-ranged Stand can charge the user’s blood, sweat, tears, and other fluids with Stand power, then use them as projectiles. When touched, these shots create an impact not unlike being punches by a powerful Stand. However, due to the nature of the ammunition, it must be used wisely or else...

User Personality posted:

A calm, responsible person with a chivalrous spirit. Adventurous and unyielding, you often treat people coarsely, and your wariness causes you to isolate. Aggressive and narcissistic, you're prone to both offend and take offense. However, despite your selfish nature, you respect the law above all and are determined to maintain the peace.

Stats posted:

Distance: Long-Range
Range: A
Precision: C
Potential: D

Ocean Blue's moveset is based entirely around causing status effects with its multi-target attacks, mainly NoBreath, which from the sound of it, means you are drowning people with water bullets. That's metal as hell. Good to have in battles with multiple enemies. Just make sure to keep your distance.

The Joykiller

Namesake: Punk rock group The Joykiller

A humanoid, axe-wielding Stand that resembles a certain famous killer. By chopping things with its axe, it can cause them to gradually rot. Physically speaking, its strength is nothing to write home about, but its axe can phase through objects and slice cleanly through anything regardless of hardness.

User Personality posted:

A cheerful, talkative person with a great sense of humor. Though merry on the surface, you can also be quite the worrywart. Very honest, but you don't allow anyone to see your insecure side. Spontaneous and impulsive, you'll try anything once. You drive people up the wall at times, but they adore you nonetheless.

Stats posted:

Class: Speed Type
Precision: B
Potential: B

Oh wait, I was wrong. THIS is metal as hell. The Joykiller is a high-damage, high-speed Stand that excels at sweeping opponents at close range. His usefulness is reduced at longer distances, making him a bit situational. Some of his attacks also have a chance of inflicting Poison or Corrode, though his SP costs can get a bit high.

Wildhearts

Namesake: Hard rock group The Wildhearts

A gigantic fusion of human and beast, it can move at mind-boggling speeds to capture its prey. Not physically strong, but can do considerable damage with fangs and claws. Has a mind of its own, but not a very sharp one. It is unpredictable and will often give chase to an enemy whether its user wills it or not.

User Personality posted:

Co-operative and open-hearted, but down-to-earth to the point of being dry. Always an individual, you are sentimental and have an eye for beauty. Though aloof and laid back, you easily succumb to loneliness, and you treasure your time spent with friends more than anything else in the world.

Stats posted:

Class: Speed Type
Durability: B
Potential: C

:furcry: Though Wildhearts' base stats are a bit low, it's got a nice variety of mid/long range abilities and learns a technique that can debuff an enemy's stats and inflict continuous damage for a number of turns. When used right, this Stand can hit pretty hard for a rather thrifty SP cost while debuffing in the process.

Deep Purple

Namesake: Hard rock group Deep Purple

Made of smoke, it can manipulate atmospheric density. It can poison the air around it, change the air pressure, and detonate hydrogen and oxygen particles. However, its range is extremely short. The smoke that composes the Stand flows out of the skull-faced jar in the center.

User Personality posted:

You are lukewarm and hate to be bothered to do much of anything, but are also dignified. You assert yourself easily, are thick-skinned, and have few worries. However, you are obstinate, contrarian, and hate to lose, often preventing it by aggressive means. You are overbearing and rebellious, but have talent to back it up.

Stats posted:

Class: Control Type
Speed: C
Durability: A

What Deep Purple lacks in raw power, it makes up for in utility. Despite its weak attack for its range, it has a one hit KO attack at the start of the game. Unlike other Stands, Deep Purple isn't limited to one element of attack and learns a variety of elemental abilities. It's slow, so it's not great one-on-one. Deep Purple is recommended for advanced players who know their ways around the game's mechanics.

Pixies

Namesake: Alt rock band Pixies

Can invade small things, living or otherwise, and control them. The Stand itself is tree-like, but its energy takes the form of tiny ‘pixies’. Cannot manipulate anything larger than a small child. The larger the number of pixies the user manifests, the weaker and harder to control they get. In addition, the arboreal portion can use its roots to manipulate the ground.

User Personality posted:

Calculating and persuasive, but also generous and accommodating. Your emotion-fueled indecisiveness sometimes causes you to rush headlong into things. However, you are very patient and always willing to go out of your way so as not to inconvenience others. You need a lot of 'me time', but you're quite active and energetic.

Stats posted:

Power: D
Speed: E

Pixies is pretty unconventional. Its attacks are earth-based and hit hard, but not often. Its real strategy is in its ability to cause status effects, and it learns an attack later that drains the opponent's HP and SP.

Miracles

Namesake: NOT ICP. R&B group The Miracles

This Stand has the power to manipulate the subconscious using bioelectricity. It can make the user invisible to others and induce hallucinated pain. It can also deflect attacks back at the foe.

User Personality posted:

You are antisocial and have trouble fitting in. However, you are honest and don't put on a show of yourself for others. You have a lot of self-loathing and a bit of a persecution complex. You hate the things you don't understand, and take things as fact without looking into them. However, when it comes to protecting your loved ones, you can accomplish tremendous feats of strength.

Stats posted:

Power: E

This is....er...the one I get when I answer the quiz honestly. :blush: It's also not amazing. It's a purely support Stand, geared more towards disabling enemies with statuses and defensive barriers than actually attacking. It has a lot of SP and speed to offset its low attack, and some of its attacks do come in handy against some bosses. It also has the only way in the game to lower the encounter rate. It just doesn't fit my playstyle, is all.

Napalm Death

Namesake: Grindcore band Napalm Death

A calligraphy pen that uses the alphabet as bombs and ink as napalm. The bigger the writing, the bigger the resulting explosion, but the radius of the blast remains consistent. It can set off time bombs with a limit of up to 10 seconds. It’s repertoire of words grows as the user gains experience.

User Personality posted:

You're not very good with people, but you're very frank and sincere - what you see is what you get. Level-headed and patient, you don't like to boast or put yourself on display. Reserved and temperate, you can restrain yourself under any circumstance. You don't like to waste your breath, so when you do speak up, people usually listen

Stats posted:

Distance: Close-Range
Class: Special Type
Range: D
Durability: D

The coolest name this side of Negasonic Teenage Warhead. It doesn't have a lot of raw defense or utility, but it makes up for it with highly damaging single target and AOE attacks, as well as having a high SP. It works well at short/mid range, but you're gonna be in trouble if the enemy is far away or especially durable.

Carpenters

Namesake: Pop duo The Carpenters

Using carpenters’ tools, this Stand can remodel and disassemble anything, living or otherwise. Disassembly does not inflict damage - in fact, it can refurbish and improve upon the target. Not particularly strong, and lacks precision, but fairly quick.

User Personality posted:

At first glance, you're cheerful and talkative, but you're guarded and don't pull any punches. Bold and ambitious, you point out people's faults to help them improve, rather than out of disdain. On the flip side, you can be nervous and a bit of a control freak, and when you're angered, you hold on to it for a long time, causing you to burn bridges.

Stats posted:

Power: B

Another pretty balanced Stand, Carpenters has a nice mix of both offensive and defensive abilities. It can heal and buff party members and debuff the enemy. Its main weaknesses are a lack of long-range attacks and low SP.

Quicksilver

Namesake: Psychedelic rock band Quicksilver Messenger Service

This Stand appears as a cannon on the user’s arm. It can convert minerals into Stand power and blast it at its foes, like a battery that uses metal as fuel. It can be detached if necessary. As far as Stands go, its pure destructive capability is top of the line.

User Personality posted:

You are lively and flexible, but passionate about your likes and dislikes, and strongly opinionated. Sometimes your temper gets the best of you, and you'll lose your head over the tiniest slight. However, you're empathetic and always an open book when it comes to feelings, so people find you easy to talk to. You trust your heart rather than your head, often letting your emotions carry you away.

Stats posted:

This Stand is the glass cannon of the game, no pun intended. It's got a great attack, but its defense and hit rate are low, and it eats SP like a beast. It's high risk, but also high reward to use. Its strong multi-target attacks and range make it a bit useful for early and late-game grinding. Additionally, you can restore SP by feeding it scrap metal found in a couple areas of the game.

Cardigans

Namesake: Alt rock band The Cardigans

A support-oriented stand that resembles a nurse. Can cure others’ wounds and ailments, using Stand power, and if necessary, inflict a small amount of damage with scalpels and medical tools.

User Personality posted:

Sensitive, deeply trusting, and easily wounded. Though you avoid people a whenever possible, you would never abandon someone in a time of need. Naturally skeptical, you're a truth-seeker who desires to get to the bottom of everything. You spend much of your time alone, pondering the universe.

Stats posted:

Class: Support Type
Power: D

White mage. Got a lot of heals and buffs and a boatload of SP. Particularly useful as healing abilities are rare in this game. Her healing abilities can also fully restore your party outside of battle for free, which is especially handy for grinding. Not good at attacking, though.

Caravan

Namesake: Prog rock band Caravan

A merchant Stand that can craft and transform items by rearranging their atomic structure. While fully independent, business is its only interest. In exchange for the spirit energy of the user, it can create objects - not unlike the exchange of cash for goods.

User Personality posted:

Laid-back, witty, and easy to quick on your feet. Kind and gentle, but bad at keeping secrets. Though sharp, you're also timid, shying away from all responsibility. You're dependent on others and quick to panic, and your entire personality can change at the drop of a hat.

Stats posted:

Caravan can hit at all ranges and has high physical attack, but is a bit less useful against more incorporeal enemies and has a high SP cost. It also has the ability to learn the use of attack items as regular attacks.

Mr. Big

Namesake: Hard rock supergroup Mr. Big

A large rifle that fires bullets made of Stand energy. The effects of the bullets differ, but it’s more support-oriented than attack-oriented. It can cause status effects, but also heal them. In a pinch, the barrel of the rifle itself can be used as a melee weapon.

User Personality posted:

Talkative, energetic, and proactive, you are well-liked. You're a confident speaker with a good sense of humor. Though well-intentioned, you have a bit of an ego problem. Your temper often gets you into trouble, as does your spontaneous approach to decision making. You have many interests but one specialty, and are quite active.

Stats posted:

:golgo: This Stand's specialty is all-range single target attacks that can cause status effects. It also has pretty decent healing. However, you're a bit out of luck against swarms of enemies.

Specials

Namesake: Ska revival band The Specials

There are six of them in all. This special corps is loyal to their master, but have their own will and vary in personality. Each has the power of a normal human, and damage is split between them.

User Personality posted:

Taciturn, mature, and even a bit snobbish. A complex person who is tough to figure out, in part because they have trouble speaking their mind. You often get down in the dumps and are easily manipulated, but are profoundly empathetic, and the pain of others is your pain as well.

Stats posted:

Class: Swarm Type

Your own posse of secret agents. Short and medium range attacks, nothing to write home about. A few of its attacks inflict a status effect exclusive to Specials, which halves stats and inflicts a percentage of the enemy's HP in damage.

Pharoah Sanders

Namesake: Saxophonist Pharoah Sanders

A unit of Egyptian foot-soldiers, 30 in total, made entirely out of electricity. Attacks with spears, but does damage using electric currents rather than physical force. As a result, its destructive power is relative to the conductivity of its target, and it can disperse its attacks at will.

User Personality posted:

A quiet and composed intellectual. Shy and hard to get to know, you often read too much into what others say. However, when entrusted with something important, you'll pour your entire heart into it. You're a good listener, but like to argue for the sake of argument, matter-of-factly drawing your conclusions.

Stats posted:

Power: B

Mostly mid-range electric attacks here. Pretty balanced attack and defense. It can also induce a special status, Surrounded, which inflicts damage and lowers hit rate when afflicted.

Adam Ant

Namesake: Punk rock musician Adam Ant

A microscopic insect horde numbering 1,000 in total. It can corrode living flesh by consuming it slowly. It has no will of its own, simply eating whatever is closest at hand. Though weak, it specializes in slowly wearing away at the enemy’s will to fight. It does not transmit damage to the user, but is difficult to command, only following certain simple instructions.

User Personality posted:

A hard worker who is always on the move, you are humble and mature. However, you're insecure, fearing rejection more than anything, and are neurotic and methodical to an obsessive degree. You avoid conflict to the utmost extreme, and are receptive and compassionate.

Stats posted:

Precision: D
Potential: E

Like the other swarm Stands, its wheelhouse is mostly long-range attacks. Also like the other swarms, it has its own status that can be inflicted with its normal attacks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love that Mr. big is just a loving gun

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Baal posted:

I love that Mr. big is just a loving gun

In the Japanese version, it's also the only Stand name that's just in English letters and not katakana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Specials is great because it's just six bodyguards with the strength of a normal human who beat up your enemies.

I got Howlin Wolf when I took the quiz, which, while fun, got me almost nothing in the way of special events. Quicksilver would be a lot cooler if it was a humanoid stand with a Mega Man arm, but alas.

• Locked thread