Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
hahaha gently caress me. Trying to FC Soldier Game on normal, and the one run where I don't gently caress up during the part I usually gently caress up at, I missed the very first note in the song.

well the next run after that I managed to do it right.

only took 6 clears

Skwee fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU BLUE BIRD.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicovideo.jp%2Fwatch%2Fsm719986&aspect=16

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yolo'd a hard mode song in the JP SIF event.

Got Angelic Angel which i haven't played on hard before cuz it has 8 stars, and I can barely pass those, but I managed to finish the song and somehow got first place even with my terrible team.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Even without the background I can barely parse that as being Aoi Tori without Chihaya singing it. It's like Chihaya singing some of the upbeat songs, it's really off.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Even without the background I can barely parse that as being Aoi Tori without Chihaya singing it. It's like Chihaya singing some of the upbeat songs, it's really off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzVH1YIXkI

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Polsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7Ojk4cYlY

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I think the rare drop rate in JP SIF is higher than EN, because i keep getting rares from just playing songs. It's pretty sweet.

And almost every time it has been just me playing a song on Easy to FC it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saving this for myself so I can listen to it at work tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWVQ7CeE_rc

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

What I'm getting from this aside from confirmation is that there was an official Korean release of im@s SP too

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I still haven't run out of LP in japanese SIF

It's that overload from leveling. In the english version if you level you just get maxed, in the japanese version I think it gives you the full amount, and overloads your LP.

I've gotten to rank 27 so far and haven't ran out of LP yet. It's insane.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

What I'm getting from this aside from confirmation is that there was an official Korean release of im@s SP too

I think that's a sub.

This wiki entry for the game series says...

quote:

한국에서도 2009년 2월 20일에 난이도가 가장 낮은 퍼펙트 선이 정식 발매되었다. 최초의 한국 정식발매 아이돌 마스터 시리즈이긴 하지만 메뉴얼 한글화로 나왔기 때문에 제대로 플레이하려면 결국 일본어를 할 줄 알거나, 아니면 인터넷 공략에 의존할 수밖에 없다. 그러나 퍼펙트 선만 나오고 나머지 두 버전은 결국 정발조차 되지 못했다.

The easiest of the three, Perfect Sun, was brought to Korea in February 20th 2009. This made SP the first series to be officially sold in Korea. However, only the manual was in Korean so people who wanted to play had to either know Japanese or rely on the Internet. Furthermore, only Perfect Sun was released, with the two never seeing any official release at all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

I still haven't run out of LP in japanese SIF

It's that overload from leveling. In the english version if you level you just get maxed, in the japanese version I think it gives you the full amount, and overloads your LP.

I've gotten to rank 27 so far and haven't ran out of LP yet. It's insane.

Yeah also they halved the experience needed till 100.

There's a guide that specifically focuses on getting to Level 50 in one day.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah also they halved the experience needed till 100.

There's a guide that specifically focuses on getting to Level 50 in one day.

It's called the UMI Method.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/2kpsdt/the_umi_method_umidahs_minmaxing_ideological/

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I think that's a sub.

Oh, huh, it looks surprisingly good. I guess I'm used to English fansubs where any time people insert English text into the game it either overflows or is in a really bad font. Works better when you have something analogous to kanji, presumably.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korea is finally getting an official iM@S game in Korean this year anyways, can't wait to suck at it!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Oh, huh, it looks surprisingly good. I guess I'm used to English fansubs where any time people insert English text into the game it either overflows or is in a really bad font. Works better when you have something analogous to kanji, presumably.

Apparently there was also a Korean patch released, so that might be another possibility.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

Also that twilight sky song in starlight stage.

Can't seem to find a decent video of it, but google found it on some vietnamese website

here's a live thing where the singer is literally about to cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTlob5Cz5H0

e: FFS, every time this Kodoku na Heaven song in SIF comes up on normal in the medley I keep failing because I can't tell what order to hit notes in halfway through the song when there is some fast stuff.

Also here's one where the singer literally cries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcx_ulopz84

The live is beautiful.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Apparently there was also a Korean patch released, so that might be another possibility.

Yeah, I meant patch - the screen at the very very start of the video is obviously not just overlayed text.

Korea is finally getting an official iM@S game in Korean this year anyways, can't wait to suck at it!!!!

I can't wait to buy Japanese Platinum Stars and add it to the queue of im@s games I'm not playing enough of.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Also here's one where the singer literally cries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcx_ulopz84

The live is beautiful.

It's crazy how much of herself the singer throws into Chihaya.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've.... been talking more about iM@S than Love Live these days.

hosed up.

:negative:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's important to have something to transition to when things end

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

It's crazy how much of herself the singer throws into Chihaya.

On top of that, she's a very passionate live performer in general. Check out her birthday solo concerts if you can.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

Now I'm curious and trying to find that NicoMaki doujin.

This butcher shop AU is actually adorable and not concerning like one might expect from that description.

IIRC, it's just a page or two, not a full doujinshi. Makes it tricky to search for. I suspect I'll come across it again at some point.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

I wonder what actually matters when it comes to how much bond you get from a song

It's chained notes.

quote:

• +1 for every 10 notes that is not a multiple of 50 and under 200
  • +2 for every 10 notes that is not a multiple of 50 and over 200
  • +5 for every 50 notes that is not a multiple of 100
  • +10 for every 100 notes

And it counts that for each chain you get, so splitting a song in half with a missed note doesn't butcher the bond you get as much as you might expect. FCing a song gives you the most, but a different song with more notes can give you more even if you don't FC it. Difficulty doesn't enter the equation except that harder songs tend to have more notes.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

IIRC, it's just a page or two, not a full doujinshi. Makes it tricky to search for. I suspect I'll come across it again at some point.

I attempted going through a bunch of comedy-tagged ones but no luck. I'd be interested in seeing if you do manage to find it again.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Watching idols in 10 minutes!
https://io.synchtu.be:8443/r/where_we_watch_literal_garbage

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

I've.... been talking more about iM@S than Love Live these days.

hosed up.

:negative:

It's ok. Aquors will be here in a couple months and you can worship Love Live again.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
*Aqours

:P

I have to fight myself from putting the u right after the q a lot.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

And we're live!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
OH poo poo I DIDN'T NOTICE THE NEW EN EVENT START! I'm not super behind, I can still do this. Just behind the ball a bit.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://youtu.be/CLsPgk1BvHI

I'm going to say that canonically, 63214+PPP is DOUBLE BICEPS

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

And we're live!

Thank you all for joining me on the Drake arc of the idolmaster cinderella girls, see you all next time when episode 26 comes out!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I ran into the currently ranked 20 player today on JPN SIF.

Uhh, I think I should level my cool team more.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Futaba Anzu posted:

Thank you all for joining me on the Drake arc of the idolmaster cinderella girls, see you all next time when episode 26 comes out!

Out of curiosity, did they go back and fix the animation? I vaguely remember the end of s1 flat-out missing some people in some broadcasts or something.

Polsy posted:

Quality imas sp translation: 3 options that all say "Good morning." They're all different, somehow. Also the a+ bug where it somehow played all possible outcomes of a dialog choice, in series.

It's great!

Anyway thank god the 4x options are here. I've been sitting on like 1500 tokens and the idea of going through that individually was making me sad.

f.e. Exactly 1500! Perfect!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
IIRC they did end up fixing the animation at the end of s1. Thankfully. I think it was like you said, though I've only seen that kind of egregious lack of finish in old comparison clips of Hidamari Sketch episodes where some scenes are literally just like 20 seconds of a still abstract image.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Quality imas sp translation: 3 options that all say "Good morning." They're all different, somehow.

I was wondering what the Korean solution for that one was, but there's like one let's play equivalent on youtube and he doesn't play far enough in for that to happen.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well the confusing thing is that there's more than three possible choices — I know I saw GOOD MORNING! and there's one that's apparently in english? But it seems to pick three at random, since "it worked last time she said x" doesn't reliably work.

Based on the reaction, there's also one that's probably just oha or something super cut down. I'd assume the korean one, not being translated by "some guy," actually paid attention to those differences.

graybook posted:

IIRC they did end up fixing the animation at the end of s1. Thankfully. I think it was like you said, though I've only seen that kind of egregious lack of finish in old comparison clips of Hidamari Sketch episodes where some scenes are literally just like 20 seconds of a still abstract image.

Oh, good. I kinda figured they would've, but I never really bothered to check. I'd actually forgotten, until I came across a note I'd written about it.

Kinda wish I knew how to phrase it, because I know I saw some comparison somewhere, but I can't remember if it was a video or just some screenshots. It was pretty great, though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Episode 26 is looking intriguing

https://twitter.com/imas_anime/status/701734635944841216

Zenostein posted:

Well the confusing thing is that there's more than three possible choices — I know I saw GOOD MORNING! and there's one that's apparently in english? But it seems to pick three at random, since "it worked last time she said x" doesn't reliably work.

Based on the reaction, there's also one that's probably just oha or something super cut down. I'd assume the korean one, not being translated by "some guy," actually paid attention to those differences.

Well, like Zep said it looks like a fan patch so there's a fair chance it's still bad, I was just curious how they'd handled it.. Since it's a roll of the dice anyway I guess the people doing the English one decided it didn't matter, particularly.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Now that you mention it, Cinderella Girls had a critical lack of amazing movie trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if I should watch iM@S from the beginning or just start where I left off.