Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Microwaves Mom posted:

Man If i could rend a whole house for 600 bucks. I'd rent out all the rooms but a bathroom and 1 room for me.

TF am I gonna do with the rest of that?

All I need is a box with a kitchen a dishwasher and a shower / toilet and some place to sleep.

the 600 buck houses are usually single floor deals with a single bathroom so its not like your will be surrounded by empty space. If you want multiple bathrooms you will probably have to spend considerably more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Das Boo posted:

It somewhat bothers me that I could stream myself eating toast and on merit of being a woman, someone would throw money at me for it.

I'd give you at least $9.95 dollars (canadian) for this.

Mind you I'd pay approx $14.22 to see Lowtax do it instead.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Larry Parrish posted:

Glad we could make this thread about the brain damaged anime convention roadie, who isn't as retarded as the chick in the OP because ???

That's her, though, right? The chick in the OP is the chick showing off boobs in the shark hood and bragging about how people want feet pix.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Uncle Salty posted:

That's her, though, right? The chick in the OP is the chick showing off boobs in the shark hood and bragging about how people want feet pix.

What are you talking about

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Uncle Salty posted:

No, the person making mad bank off of showing off her feet for perverts is a goon. Someone else entirely from who the OP is about.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I can see how goons would confuse them, because they are both female

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
honestly the funniest thing about this to me is that she didn't just loving rob that place blind

'waaah there's food at work but it's meant for work only eating so I can't eat at home!' like for real bitch they're paying you $8/hr TAKE THAT poo poo ANYWAY

minimum wage = looking for ways to get that tax free money out the register

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

I said come in! posted:

No, the person making mad bank off of showing off her feet for perverts is a goon. Someone else entirely from who the OP is about.

Oh, I get it. I thought that the photo of the woman in the hoodie, musing about how much she coukd make for feet pictures, was in fact this Talia Jane person. But it's another person.

Well, get that money, I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FishionMailed posted:

honestly the funniest thing about this to me is that she didn't just loving rob that place blind

'waaah there's food at work but it's meant for work only eating so I can't eat at home!' like for real bitch they're paying you $8/hr TAKE THAT poo poo ANYWAY

minimum wage = looking for ways to get that tax free money out the register

A tech place I interviewed at had this, a whole kitchen always stocked with all sorts of food. Two employees admitted that their entire diet was off of food in that kitchen. Everyone took food home and even came in on weekends just to grab a few meals and go home with it. poo poo, I could handle a low wage if I never had to pay for food.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
you know I think even making a job offer to people for an amount that is not even close to a livable wage in the area where the job is makes you kinda a fuckboy but offering to out of state people who might not know the real situation in the bay area is even scummier

'she shouldn't have moved' sure alright but she also is a recent college grad who probably got a ton of recruiting smoke blown up her rear end by a questionably ethical company looking to save a few bucks on labor, too.

jobs should pay enough that the person working them can live in or reasonably close to the area the job is located. period. that includes the kitchen workers that have to commute 45 mins to get to their job in a rich area of town, that includes random employees at a start up company with millions in VC funding.

I get when restaurants have to cut labor costs down to the bone; their margins are poo poo to begin with. Imo a tech company with millions paying its employees minimum wage knowing full well it isn't enough to live on is totally unethical regardless of whatever mistakes the employee made to get there. x10 if the CEO is pulling down fat sums of money in a company that isn't even solvent yet (assuming it is running off of VC funding like 90% of other start ups).

I mean jesus I pay people $12-14/hr in North San Diego County and all they have to do is enter invoices and do some light customer service and I promise my company is nowhere near as cash rich as this start up.

FishionMailed fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 22, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Why don't more tech companies do telecommute work?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FishionMailed posted:

I mean jesus I pay people $12-14/hr in North San Diego County and all they have to do is enter invoices and do some light customer service and I promise my company is nowhere near as cash rich as this start up.

I am retarded and worthless, but are you hiring?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Das Boo posted:

It somewhat bothers me that I could stream myself eating toast and on merit of being a woman, someone would throw money at me for it.

Yeah that is really bothersome.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I started reading that letter and got to the 3rd paragraph. When I looked at how long it was I decided I would also fire her.

If the CEO is like me, which he probably is, he realized reading the whole letter was more expensive for the company than just firing her and hiring a replacement.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
if the office has foosball tables and video games and stocked kitchens it's probably a terrible place to work because they expect you to live there

at a boring office most people understand if you wanna clock out at 5

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
yeah those offices where there's 'sleeping pods' and poo poo are a total trap. They are lauded like 'look at our cool office' but the undertone is always 'so you NEVER need to leave........'

gently caress that

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Why don't more tech companies do telecommute work?

Managing people remotely is challenging, but if they're engaged and reliable, it's totally worth it. But image managing just one person like the girl in the OP.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Managing people remotely is challenging, but if they're engaged and reliable, it's totally worth it. But image managing just one person like the girl in the OP.

Yeah, I can see why companies might not want to risk that.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
imagine managing a remote mordin

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Decrepus posted:

Yeah that is really bothersome.

There's a predatory mindset in women merely existing and yes, that's bothersome. If this were some ugly Mexican dude, no one would give a gently caress.

But boobs, man.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Pawn 17 posted:

This is pretty much it. She somehow feels entitled to have what, her own apartment in a nice neighborhood of one of the most expensive cities in the world? And of course plenty of spending money to go out to eat, drink and have fun every night? And she is entitled to this why?

yeah she feels entitled to be able to afford to live in the area that she works what a loving piece of poo poo lol - did you even read the thing she can't afford basic groceries where are you getting this idiot 'oh she wants more frivolous spending money' crap from?

the amount of goon bandwagon 'lol yea gently caress millenials haha' in this thread is amazing. this company has millions and it pays its college degree employees less than I'd expect to get as a literal dishwasher.

FishionMailed fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 22, 2016

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
She had an awful lot of nice food like booze and steaks and artisanal cupcakes for someone that can't afford groceries.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FishionMailed posted:

yeah she feels entitled to be able to afford to live in the area that she works what a loving piece of poo poo lol - did you even read the thing she can't afford basic groceries where are you getting this idiot 'oh she wants more frivolous spending money' crap from?

the amount of goon bandwagon 'lol yea gently caress millenials haha' in this thread is amazing. this company has millions and it pays its college degree employees less than I'd expect to get as a literal dishwasher.

Then maybe she should work as a dishwasher in her off time to supplement her income? It's a trash job that anybody could fill. She's unimportant and doing an unimportant job and the pay corresponds to that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FishionMailed posted:

She wants to live alone in an area with crazy high rent. According to people in this thread who live there, it is common for young people there to live with room mates. If she had cut her rent in half by having a roommate, then she would have had enough money for food and transit. Yeah, the pay is low of the area, but the reason she was living on rice and sadness was at least partly due to her choice of rental.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

:yeah:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

She wants to live alone in an area with crazy high rent. According to people in this thread who live there, it is common for young people there to live with room mates. If she had cut her rent in half by having a roommate, then she would have had enough money for food and transit. Yeah, the pay is low of the area, but the reason she was living on rice and sadness was at least partly due to her choice of rental.

She also really wasn't living on a 10lb bag of rice she bought a year ago.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Solice Kirsk posted:

She also really wasn't living on a 10lb bag of rice she bought a year ago.

:ssh:

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
"Rice and sadness"

http://postimg.org/gallery/2bnifwlpu/

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

:hfive:

edit:

It would also be a lot less suspect if she weren't actively removing/having removed photos like these.

Das Boo fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 22, 2016

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

FishionMailed posted:

no it's literally just that this girl is retarded as gently caress and did everything wrong from the moment she was born

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Did someone post feet pics itt? If so I missed them could you repost please

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

no it's literally just that this girl is retarded as gently caress and did everything wrong from the moment she was born

The first gently caress up was the sperm digging into the egg

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

amusinginquiry posted:

Did someone post feet pics itt? If so I missed them could you repost please

I'll post my feet as soon as I get home

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Lol goons spend an awful lot of time and effort carrying water for giant rear end corporations and explaining why it's ethical to fire a minimum wage customer service drone

Absolutely 100% not crab bucket

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

CabaretVoltaire posted:

Morons like this girl are a big reason rent is so expensive in big cities.

I thought she was just a bit stupid but after reading her twitter it seems like she knows exactly what she's doing. I hope she ends up homeless tbh. Idiots will throw money at her for a while but I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to hire her.

Funniest thing was this. Apparently her dad is retarded too.

I really hope means that he sent it to the CEO's home when he said directly to him.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Angela Christine posted:

Cool she didn't make the best financial decisions - I bet most of you have made a financial error or three as a 20 something year old dumb rear end. Doesn't mean that she isn't correct that the company pay is ridiculously low.

She handled the issue in a spectacularly dumb way, I'll grant you that. Doesn't mean she's wrong about the bullshit low pay.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

:rolleyes:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
hahaha I read something on the internet a while ago that said Americans are just 'temporarily embarrassed millionaires',! God that's so accurate.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

has there actually been any confirmation that she was literally getting paid minimum wage because i'm like 90% sure she was exaggerating about that too

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
goons are so loving weird; if this wasn't a millennial at a start up in SF but everything else was the same you'd be screaming for the blood of the CEO or some idiot poo poo and talking about how CEOs are hella overpaid given what they actually do

I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest she is paid a living wage at a company that has millions of dollars. If we are talking about a mom n pop restaurant that legit can't afford to pay more that's another thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

InterceptorV8 posted:

I had some English major correct me on how to say "Nevada" when calling about my bank, I complained to the supervisor.

Dude earned a black mark from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmUf9FDUOTk

Man, if those wasteland dwellers get upset by that, here in Mizzurruh we have a town named Nevada. It's pronounced with a long "a". Neh(or nuh, we don't give a poo poo)-vāy-duh.

• Locked thread