Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

Blidi Wreh Wilson

Everyone gets to feel my pain

It would be cool for Andy Dalton to have 16 touchdown receptions a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets cut Cromarte.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/701833729019420673

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Jets cut Cromarte.

unlike his vas deferens

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Eifert Posting posted:

You can clone one player in the league and everyone gets one. Who is it?

I'd probably pick Aaron because I hate the have/have not QB situation.

Rookie year RG3 so we can see how much of his downfall was coaching/lovely fields.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

basically locking everyone up except for the quarterback who will just be doug pederson himself

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every comment on the Gronk party boat thing is comparing him to Manziel or Newton, saying that he gets special treatment because he's on the Pats/because he's white

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are not wrong.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd put a Mark Sanchez on every team so there is always a chance at another buttfumble.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Every comment on the Gronk party boat thing is comparing him to Manziel or Newton, saying that he gets special treatment because he's on the Pats/because he's white

lol imagine newton offering ten grande for people to have sex in front of him.

He's currently being raked over the coals for smoking a cigar at a club.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Gronks drug-of-choice is working out and drinking when he doesn't have to play tomorrow.

Johnny's drug of choice is drinking no matter the setting or immediate future and cocaine.

Cams drug of choice is himself and winning. If he can't get either, he is kind of a butthead about it.

There's pretty much nothing similar about these 3 individuals except for the fact that they're all headlines stories in THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 22, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chilichimp posted:

Grinks drug-of-choice is working out and drinking when he doesn't have to play tomorrow.

Johnny's drug of choice is drinking no matter the setting or immediate future and cocaine.

Cams drug of choice is himself and winning. If he can't get either, he is kind of a butthead about it.

There's pretty much nothing similar about these 3 individuals except for the fact that they're all headlines stories in THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

If Cam offered people money to gently caress in front of him it would be national news.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

lol imagine newton offering ten grande

Imagining Gronk in a Starbucks is a treat.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

You can clone one player in the league and everyone gets one. Who is it?

I'd probably pick Aaron because I hate the have/have not QB situation.

If they had to be starters, I'd want everyone to have Ryan Fitzpatrick. We need more Fitzmagic/tragic. I think it would bring a lot more parity to the league.

Maybe Matt Schaub, though. I want every headline to be about pick 6s.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gronk gets favorable coverage compared to Cam / Shady because he's white. Also because Shady manages to be really creepy about the whole thing even before his kicking the off duty cops thing.

Gronk gets favorable coverage to Manziel because he doesn't drive drunk and beat women. Also because he's good at football.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Grinks drug-of-choice is working out and drinking when he doesn't have to play tomorrow.

I think the amount we know about these players is about identical which is next to nothing outside of what they show to the public so i have a hard time believing that one is holier than the others

after all for years marvin harrison had an "exemplary" personality because he said and did literally nothing so people assumed he was boring and milquetoast

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I think we have a pretty good idea of who Gronk is.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lawrence Taylor rules: If you're this good at football you're allowed to show up at meetings handcuffed without anyone caring basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoNTSmxP7E

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A serial killer yeah.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PrinceRandom posted:

Gronk has 109% raped a drunk girl

I'm pretty sure everyone on that cruise had implied consent to have sex with him. Men and women

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kalli posted:

Lawrence Taylor rules: If you're this good at football you're allowed to show up at meetings handcuffed without anyone caring basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoNTSmxP7E

the only thing more gronk.avi than this video would be if he got a TD in the play, spiked the ball and also got injured

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There was a time when I would have said Antonio Gates

Time is a bitch.

Vintage Gates was so fun

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Gronk also doesn't play QB and people have this weird hangup on how a QB is supposed to act

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

Finding out Jah Reid makes a good RG is a nice consolation prize

i refuse to believe this

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well no loving poo poo everyone but the Manziel comparisons are beauties

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Intruder posted:

Gronk also doesn't play QB and people have this weird hangup on how a QB is supposed to act

BECAUSE HE'S THE LEADER OF THE TEAM, INTRUDER. THE LEADER HAS TO ACT LIKE A LEADER. AT LEAST ONLY MY DEFINITION OF A LEADER, ANYONE WHO IS GOOD AT LEADING BUT NOT STOIC AND GRACEFUL IS NOT A LEADER

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

well, let me tell you, back then quarterbacks had class, son

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mystic Stylez posted:

well, let me tell you, back then quarterbacks had class, son

imagine joe namath today :stonk:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ehud posted:

Imagine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc65NC44dSk

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/701854284728573953

lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

Rozelle briefly caused Namath to quit over his ownership stake in his bar.

quote:

Pete Rozelle, then Commissioner of the NFL, issued Namath an ultimatum; relinquish his interest in the bar, or face suspension. Rozelle warned Namath of a clause in his contract which allowed for suspension if he "enter[ed] drinking or gambling establishments" or "associate with notorious persons."

Namath, only twenty-six years old at the time, was outraged that Rozelle was trying to interfere with his personal life. On June 6, 1969, he held a press conference where he declared, "I'm not selling; I quit!" When training camp opened soon after, Namath was nowhere to be found. He soon realized, however, that he had acted too rashly and was throwing away a career that made him famous. Namath started to realize that if he was to ever play football again, he would have to divest himself of Bachelors III.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That'd be the loving worst

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm just picturing Bob Newhart

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

i'm just picturing Bob Newhart

Huh, I just learned Bob Newhart is still alive.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shoulda gone on a Disney cruise

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mystic Stylez posted:

Suh so we can get Mutant League Football with humans instead

I sincerely miss playing that game.

Rest in peace your vacation.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Febreeze posted:

BECAUSE HE'S THE LEADER OF THE TEAM, INTRUDER. THE LEADER HAS TO ACT LIKE A LEADER. AT LEAST ONLY MY DEFINITION OF A LEADER, ANYONE WHO IS GOOD AT LEADING BUT NOT STOIC AND GRACEFUL IS NOT A LEADER

Unless you're Tom Brady

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ozu posted:

Rozelle briefly caused Namath to quit over his ownership stake in his bar.

Don't omit that his partners were literal mafiosos

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Skwirl posted:

Okay, I need more than that, what rumors?

Just poo poo that a college rear end in a top hat would do. Cheat on girlfriend, steal roommate's cash, etc. It pretty much would work out like thaddeus the large said.

Eta: the entire thing started as a joke too because I thought it would be funny to go somewhere and introduce myself and hear someone go "oh did you know there's another tubestank? Heard he's kinda a dick."

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CBS Sports saying Cowboys done with Greg Hardy

• Locked thread