Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

guys help i can't stop saying "Just like Bart!" oh nooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

thats basically the mcelroy's "RICK JAMES BITCH" at this point.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toxxupation posted:

guys help i can't stop saying "Just like Bart!" oh nooooooooooooooo

Mine is describing everything as itself, toe to tip.

It has infected my brain and will never leave.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Disgusted by the meme-machine he has become, Griffin goes on a self-imposed exile to South Africa at the height of his popularity

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FutonForensic posted:

Disgusted by the meme-machine he has become, Griffin goes on a self-imposed exile to South Africa at the height of his popularity

And there, he creates a goofer's paradise, a nation where people can make goofs without them being twisted and warped.

Outer...Goofven.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah, the Bart thing has honestly kinda exploded online. I've seen a lot of random references to it outside of people who usually listen to McElroy stuff, and it's practically a meme on Tumblr at this point.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wait the Bart thing has become a meme? Just like Bart!

OH GOD ITS INSIDE ME

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
People really like ironic simpsons stuff, it's the modern version of the banned mickey Mouse parodies from the 60s where he gets his dick out.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

chaos rhames posted:

People really like ironic simpsons stuff, it's the modern version of the banned mickey Mouse parodies from the 60s where he gets his dick out.

The Simpsons is ripe for this kind of thing because 25 years ago it was cutting-edge and now the idea of a bunch of Ivy League nerds taking suburbia down a peg via a cartoon family is downright blase.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Agreed totally. The fact that people still like the early stuff does make it a little more complicated.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

FutonForensic posted:

please he is already a divine being of pure light traversing the cosmos to the sound of carly rae jaepsen tunes

doos
Jan 1, 2015

fatherboxx posted:

please he is already a divine being of pure light traversing the cosmos to the sound of carly rae jaepsen tunes

Traveling the universe in his starcar, letting people know they're doing a *greatjob*

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

fatherboxx posted:

It was great when Griffin made an original song for The Adventure Zone and then realized after he finished it that his song was just the hook from one of Carly Rae Jepsen's songs.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

:slick: New MBMBaM :slick:

P.S. I think the latest episodes don't show up if you use an ad blocker? At least, I had to turn uBlock off to see episode 290 and 291. :shrug:

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 22, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

quick guys you have a gun with one bullet and you have to kill either Griffin's Amiibo Corner or Monster Factory

who do you choose

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Either the person who made me choose, or myself.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
myself

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

GAC is perfect but Monster Factory is the funniest loving thing on the internet. So Amiibos.

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 22, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

no easy way out friendo

me imo it'd be Monster Factory, GAC is just perfection, in-and-out with no time wasted and MF sometimes has a bunch of unnecessary fat that could be trimmed

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
How the hell are the bros so far behind on jumbotron messages. Like, assuming it's not just a bit just spend some extra time working through the backlog, I'd be pissed if I dropped a c note on an anniversary present and it arrived five months late.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sleeveless posted:

How the hell are the bros so far behind on jumbotron messages. Like, assuming it's not just a bit just spend some extra time working through the backlog, I'd be pissed if I dropped a c note on an anniversary present and it arrived five months late.

I mean, they're pretty up front about them being super late these days.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SpacePig posted:

I mean, they're pretty up front about them being super late these days.

It's a service they provide.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Sleeveless posted:

Do you want to listen to twenty minutes of inside jokes that the brothers have no loving clue about in every episode?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
If you look at the MaxFun calendar thing MBMBAM shutouts are sold out until like mid-August. The twitch subscriber message shutout system kind of falls apart when a show actually gets popular, though I doubt anyone at MaxFun's complaining about having a couple thousand bucks worth of messages saved up.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Beard Yawn posted:

Do you want to listen to twenty minutes of inside jokes that the brothers have no loving clue about in every episode?

Absolutely not. Hearing them do even a few minutes of nonsensical phrases is bad enough.

Plus, nothing's ever going to beat "keep vibing it and keeping it tight, hit me on my mobile".

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
It's interesting how the Jumbotron calendar shows how big MBMBAM and the Adventure Zone are for Maximum Fun. I'm not surprised that the McElroys are basically given carte blanche to make a new podcast when they want to.
Also I was looking at some of the suggested ideas for Jumbotron messages and one is "dating/personal ad", has this ever happened? If not, I would love to hear them try and deal with that.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Once or twice, when they specifically requested that someone try that.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Sleeveless posted:

I'd be pissed if I dropped a c note on an anniversary present and it arrived five months late.

These people didn't bother to check the calendar and it's their own fault.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Toxxupation posted:

quick guys you have a gun with one bullet and you have to kill either Griffin's Amiibo Corner or Monster Factory

who do you choose

Pam body Garfield head.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Amiibo Corner, Bill Murray voice.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

McElroy brothers thread, i present to you, the greatest two tweets ever made

part two of two

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/701903747912327169

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
That must've been really hard for the destructoid guy to get out of his butt.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I wonder if Greninja has tongue strength.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Justin's here to show Griffin's not the only pro reviewer in the family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-YQrbn-JQ

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Justin's here to show Griffin's not the only pro reviewer in the family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-YQrbn-JQ

I don't know how I feel about the bears not getting 5's. What kind of system do you use, Justin?! ARE YOU QUALIFIED?!

Also that badger was awesome.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Everyone knows that Polygon is almost totally funded by big cats, so it's not surprising that they get their scores inflated.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Justin got another new joint. Tomodachi Celebrity Survivor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D12pWjSG5wo

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gann Jerrod posted:

Everyone knows that Polygon is almost totally funded by big cats, so it's not surprising that they get their scores inflated.

And of course he had to bring up discrimination against blacks, loving SJW website.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Was that... a goof??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Griffin referencing Jojo's in the latest rose buddies surprised me, but when Rachel didn't react and he felt obligated to explain "that was a really good animé joke" I snorted and dropped my phone on my face. Dammit, they've discovered my weakness of explaining terrible jokes.