Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Zwingley posted:

Oh, whoops. I meant scourge, not flail. :downs:

I know heavier is better for blunt weapons, but I'm an idiot and typed the wrong thing.

Given the options, I'm a big fan of bronze. The weight seems to be an advantage. Probably. In most fighters' hands. Unless they're too weak for it, then it's a negative.

Mind, I'm the guy who always takes bronze over iron in pretty much all situations. Plenty of people see to find some utility in iron. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*lays on the ground face-down, completely still* i hate whip. i hate whip. i hate whip

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
APELIMINATOR

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bronze is just classier.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I hate shield.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I hate Jimbo Akimbo.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I hate unblooded.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I hate money.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Why is my girl always getting tag teamed? where the gently caress is the rest of my team while I'm fighting twos and threes on one???

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

tithin posted:

Why is my girl always getting tag teamed?

She dressed like a whore; she was asking for it.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

tithin posted:

Why is my girl always getting tag teamed? where the gently caress is the rest of my team while I'm fighting twos and threes on one???

I am willing to take responsibility for this. :negative:

Archers are only useful if they manage to get a relatively decent hit right out of the gate. If that doesn't happen, the team's really likely to lose as it becomes four completely fine people beating up three in melee.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I hate Jimbo Akimbo.

Jimbo Akimbo doesn't give two shits what you do or don't hate, Jimbo Akimbo knows you ain't worth the time.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

tithin posted:

Preventing you fighting threes and fours on one, and actually doing some actual damage to the opposition. :colbert:

(Or standing way in the back like Bad Munki. (Coward.))

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I am going to apologize preemptively for our team breaking Worse Munki's 8 game winning streak.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
On paper, Sun Tzulander is our teams most skilled combatant.

On paper.

He is lvl 8 Armor and he's naked

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Thank goodness I bought the iron mail for Dusseldwarf in place of copper! That could've been real nasty.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Decoy Badger posted:

Thank goodness I bought the iron mail for Dusseldwarf in place of copper! That could've been real nasty.

Platinum or nothing :colbert:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did you guys all remember to drunkenly sell your weapons?

Good. I'm starting the new round in a little bit.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I very nearly drunkenly sold all my armour - would that count?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I was regrettably sober.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

I was regrettably sober.

Looked into the eyes of your gladiator as you handed all their gear to the pawn shop owner, stone-cold sober? Cold.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I had this big huge awesome thing planned for this fight, and then the fight blew me away, so now I have to do it normal.

Fights going to take a while to post, I have 60 screenshots when a normal fight is ~22ish.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

Looked into the eyes of your gladiator as you handed all their gear to the pawn shop owner, stone-cold sober? Cold.

Stranglers have three eyes (Three Gremlins have six, nominally.) I'd need to be drunk to pull that off.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

I had this big huge awesome thing planned for this fight, and then the fight blew me away, so now I have to do it normal.

Fights going to take a while to post, I have 60 screenshots when a normal fight is ~22ish.

:frogon:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 10, Fight 6 :siren:

Cool Rad Awesome Pals is on the left side of the arena.
Punc Hant (Silverminnow) is a female soldier ant woman. She is empty handed and wears a steel breast plate.
BS-45 "Apeliminator" (alcharagia) is a male strangler. He wields a copper pick and wears an iron cap.
Jimbo Akimbo (Bad Munki) is a male dwarf. He wields two copper war hammers and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
The Krying Bowbold Returns! (Krysmphoenix) is a female kobold. She wields a steel bow and wears no armor.

Hell's Dentists is on the right side of the arena.
Madmartigan (gbuchold) is a male molemarian. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears leather gauntlets.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) is a female yeti. She is empty handed and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) is a male elf. He wields a copper war hammer and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, leather armor, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Hell's Dentists is a 14.68 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 3612.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 246.00 dwarfbucks for Cool Rad Awesome Pals.

The critical first arrow flies across the arena but is casually blocked on Madmartigans shield.

The fighters clash, Punc Hant loses her weapon (her arm) quickly to Madmartigans pick. Punc Hant has 3 other hands and fractures Madmartigans foot with one of them. Abominable leans over and explodes on of Punc Hants remaining hands. Another punch from the yeti leaves Punc Hant with only 1 hand left, and standing in a pool of her own blood.

No one else does anything while this is happening.

Abominable holds Punc Hant still and Madmartigan splits the antwomans foot in two. Punc Hant doesn't fall over, mostly because Abominable is holding her (and stealing her breastplate), but also because she bites Madmartigan's arm and latches on with a grip of iron. Magmartigan is surprised by this, and Apeliminator takes advantage by sending his pick into the molemans already-fractured foot. Madmartigan ignores the pain and chops off Punc Hants head.

At the same time this is happening Bowbold watches in horror and takes careful aim. The steel arrow flies true, striking Abominable in the shoulder and sending the yeti to the floor unconscious. If only it had landed a moment sooner, maybe Punc Hant wouldn't have died.

Down south the two dwarves duke it out, with Flynn punching out one of Jimbos eyes.

Krog Bonesmasha slams his hammer into Apeliminators neck, tearing apart nerves... the strangler falls to the floor paralyzed. It's right around this time that Jimbo gets the upper hand on Flynn. The dwarf bruises the other dwarf's lungs, heart, and generally causes bruises galore.

Madmartigan arrives on the scene and removes Apeliminators arm and leg. Ah, that explains why Jimbo was having such an easy time of it. He's attacking Flynn's back because Flynn is busy spilling Apeliminators guts across the floor.

Jimbo, the coward, uses this time to break Flynns arm which causes Flynns pick to fall to the floor. Another blow (from behind) paralyzes Flynn. Apeliminator bleeds out just as Flynn's neck explodes to Jimbos hammer.

Quickly Jimbo stands alone surrounded by 4 enemies. Well, 2 really. One paralyzed but somehow still moving/fighting, and an unconscious yeti.

Bowbold makes his presence known by doing something I didn't know was possible... switching targets. The initial target is Krog Bonesmasha who dodges to the side, leaving the huge moleman to take the blow. Madmartigans legs are beat to hell, he's had them broken, smashed, and now arrow'd.

This (plus attacking opponents from behind like a coward) gives Jimbo the boost he needs to enter a marital trance.

But alas, two opponents are just too much for a mortal dwarf. He soon tires from dodging and dies. Game over, gently caress you Bad Munki.

Or not.

Jimbo's hammers aren't enough, so he bites Madmartigan, sends teeth flying, then breaks his jaw. Jimbo lets go of the moleman and slams a hammer into Krog's shoulder which crumples... the elfs hammer falls to the floor. Jimbo crushes yet another of the molemans foot (how many drat feet do molemen have?) and then chips his thigh bone for funsies.

Jimbo is a whirlwind of hammers. He skips over the prone Flynn and bruises Madmartigans pancreas, then on his way back over the downed dwarf to beat the poo poo out of Krog, Jimbo kicks Flynn in the face.

But wait, there's more! Jimbo breaks Madmartigans neck and the moleman drops all of his weapons and falls to the floor with Flynn.

Don't worry, Krog Bonesmasha has got this. No, wait. He doesn't. Not at all. Jimbo takes time off from fracturing Madmartigans skull to shatter Krogs arm.

And then the unthinkable happens. Madmartigan slows down the deadly dwarf the only way he has left: His broken, toothless mouth. Jimbo is thrashed back and forth by his arm, and the arm hangs uselessly once he pulls it free. Blood streams to the floor, the arm barely attached. Jimbo looks at his one remaining hammer and leaps back into the fray.

The very next blow shatters Krog's head, pulping his skull. Jimbo dodges away from Madmartigan, but not quick enough. The huge moleman bites Jimbo's leg and shakes him around before the dwarf can escape.

Jimbo rolls by to put Flynns shoulder bone outside of his body. The next dodging roll puts him next to Abominable, luckily.

Bowbold has been peppering him with arrows, and now Jimbos lone hammer goes to work.

Before he can crack the yeti's skull, Flynn arrives and bites Jimbos other leg! The mostly-paralyzed dwarf thrashes weakly until Jimbo bruises his liver. That doesn't deter Flynn who latches back on and tears one of Jimbo's leg-tendons.

Jimbo is forced to roll back toward Madmartigan and Flynn to get a moments respite to finish off the yeti. Jimbo is being literally chewed alive. Moleman and dwarf latch onto Jimbo who by now is over-exerted, in severe pain, and no longer in a trance.

Jimbo bites Flynn right in the teeth, and dwarf teeth fly into the air. Jimbo's hand comes up and knocks more teeth out and then Jimbo's deadly hammer lands on Flynn's foot and crushes it. Flynn can't feel poo poo anymore, so he doesn't really mind other than the blood leaking from the ruined leg.

Respite gained, Jimbo rolls back over and finally gets through the yeti's bronze cap.

Jimbo Akimbo_CRAP: Death is all around us. This cannot horrify me.
Dude, I'm reading the logs and I'm horrified for fucks sake.

With nary a concern for his own safety, Jimbo rolls his battered body back into the thick of battle.

He begins working on Flynns skull, but Madmartigan bites his lip and that pain is just too much for Jimbo to process. He passes out from the pain. Madmartigan shakes him around by his head until Jimbo bleeds to death from his earlier wounds. The Krying Bowbold looks upon the two heavily wounded, nearly-paralyzed, gladiators facing him and takes aim.

3 arrows, one to the leg, one to the chest, and one to the head finally put Flynn down for good. You can see in the image how much faster Flynn was than Madmartigan. He got like 4 tiles to Madmartigans 1 tile.

Bowbold does everything he can to stop the monster.

More arrows land.

Bowbold breathes a sigh of relief when Madmartigans chest stops moving.

I think we can all agree that was awesome. The Man of the MatchTM award goes to the fighter who basically won this fight single handed. Bowbold. gently caress you Bad Munki

Kills:
Jimbo Akimbo: 2
Krying Bowbold: 2

Madmartigan: 2
Krog Bonesmasha: 1

Combat Log

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Should have bet more than 10 dwarfbux. Alas.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Best. Match. Ever.

Told ya Bad Munki has a good fighter.

Also,

Apeliminator
Apeliminator
Apeliminator
Apeliminator

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

my dad posted:

Unblooded vermin
Unblooded vermin
Unblooded vermin
Unblooded vermin

Fixed that for you. Only gladiators have earned names. :colbert:

Krying Bowbold is up to 5 kills. This means that the gimmick archer build is as deadly on its own as the entire Lightly Whipped team added together.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Im not sure how to express my feelings about that fight, so have the closest recreation I could find on such short notice:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Can you put me on the list to get a fighter if another manager drops out? I want to experience the soul-crushing lows that most people express after each fight result.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Good fight!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

:siren: Round 10, Fight 6 :siren:

:nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTrJa197dSk
:nms:

Kills:
Jimbo Akimbo: 2
Krying Bowbold: 2

Madmartigan: 2
Krog Bonesmasha: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Of course you're a girl.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
:stonk:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Not sure I understand what happened here. Or that I want to.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I won a bet. That's good.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Holy. poo poo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I need... more rage...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I should have bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:sbahj: