Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

holy poo poo

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:drat:

Always when I least expect it.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Piuy image not showing up on this page, mods help.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

.jpg posted:

Why? It looks fine on you in size 18

wow

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lol

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chapter: new

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/137716355/helck#p137730816

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i believe in a sign of incredibly calculated cliffhanger

everything gonna be alright

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

i believe in a sign of incredibly calculated cliffhanger

everything gonna be alright

yep!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

One thing I don't like about how Urasunday handles things is that they upload the manga to their app a week before putting it on the website (so its the version the translation uses), and the app version is noticeably lower quality, with a bunch of artifacting (though the image itself is bigger).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Isn't it still snowing that awakening crap outside though? So if Asuta had managed to get her out she would've just turned into one of those Hero monsters?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She makes the snow.

She never lied.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

Isn't it still snowing that awakening crap outside though? So if Asuta had managed to get her out she would've just turned into one of those Hero monsters?

She is already awakened and the source? of it?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Besides the snow goes through solid objects anyway

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Be safe, Asuta.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I assumed that they were doing some weird magic to it to make it change people so violently.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RareAcumen posted:

I assumed that they were doing some weird magic to it to make it change people so violently.

The snow is the weird magic

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

If she wasn't lying then she's only the method to spread the awakening power, not the source of it. There's definitely some sort of subtle mind control going on though.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Or maybe let's not chase the red herring at the cliffhanger? I think she'll toss the dagger back at the king or something.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Also Asuta is from the demon lands, the snow magic only affects regular old humans. EDIT: Oops, the post was referring to Sharuami. Disregard

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

The snow is the weird magic

Yes, I know. I'm saying I thought Sharuami makes the snow naturally as her power and then either the King or Rafaed or Mikaros does some weird magic to it that makes it turn people into the mindless heroes that never die 90% of the time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yes, I know. I'm saying I thought Sharuami makes the snow naturally as her power and then either the King or Rafaed or Mikaros does some weird magic to it that makes it turn people into the mindless heroes that never die 90% of the time.

I think the forced awakening thing is Rafaed's ability which he can them amplify with his daughter's snow ability. Though that does make me wonder what they wanted Cless for; my original understanding was that it was Cless that gave them the ability to do mass awakenings like that, but I guess not. Or it is Cless's ability and Rafaed's is something else (assuming the King is not a character that command ability could be Rafaed's I suppose).

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Or maybe let's not chase the red herring at the cliffhanger? I think she'll toss the dagger back at the king or something.

I don't see this going down and not being depressing.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I think the forced awakening thing is Rafaed's ability which he can them amplify with his daughter's snow ability. Though that does make me wonder what they wanted Cless for; my original understanding was that it was Cless that gave them the ability to do mass awakenings like that, but I guess not. Or it is Cless's ability and Rafaed's is something else (assuming the King is not a character that command ability could be Rafaed's I suppose).

I assumed Cless's ability was awakening. I feel like that was implied. Otherwise it's not clear why they need him around so badly.

Would also explain how heroes are super rare and yet both siblings turned out to be one.

And I guess Mikaros is responsible for the revival spell as well as the monster curses. Rafaed's part in the plan is then left vague, other than how he kept Sharuami and Cless in line.

Myriad Truths fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 22, 2016

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
binged HELCK instead of meeting deadlines

...it's good.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shieldhill posted:

binged HELCK instead of meeting deadlines

...it's good.

Helck >>>> Deadlines

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Mikaros has made non-humans go berserk, but he hasn't awakened any humans. Whether the awakening and the berserk thing are different is unclear. None of the demons grew wings, at least. We haven't seen Rafaed fight or much of anything else. He has always been hanging out while the king and Mikaros do stuff. I suppose the obvious answer would be that he is the one doing the mind control, which would make him a huge goddamn rear end in a top hat considering the latest chapter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

Mikaros has made non-humans go berserk, but he hasn't awakened any humans. Whether the awakening and the berserk thing are different is unclear. None of the demons grew wings, at least. We haven't seen Rafaed fight or much of anything else. He has always been hanging out while the king and Mikaros do stuff. I suppose the obvious answer would be that he is the one doing the mind control, which would make him a huge goddamn rear end in a top hat considering the latest chapter.

Could be that Rafaed is only complying with the plan provided Sharuami doesn't get controlled by whoever is doing it, in which case if he finds out about this there will probably be Problems. Of course it's hard to guess considering all we have to go off of is what his character is presented to be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, we don't really know anything about Rafaed. It seemed like he was keeping his daughter safe, but considering he used her to spread agonizing enslavement magic across the kingdom I don't think it was due to sentiment.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Genocyber posted:

As far as I remember it is implied that Heroes get their power from some sort of link to the new world, so Cless is there basically as the portal to the stuff that powers the artificial awakened heroes. Rafaed probably is the one casting the resurrection spell (or the winged transformation one). So king->control, Ashuami->transfer, Cless->power, Rafaed->resurrection, And that portal dude->portals.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 22, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

RareAcumen posted:

Isn't it 100% of the time? I thought the only humans it didn't work on were ones who were already awakened, which would mean that Sharuami is safe from it's effects even if she goes outside since she's already awakened.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think that Asuta is fuuuuuucked. :unsmith:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

Isn't it 100% of the time? I thought the only humans it didn't work on were ones who were already awakened, which would mean that Sharuami is safe from it's effects even if she goes outside since she's already awakened.

Why do you believe she is awakened? She has a unique power, but magic isn't unique to heroes.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why do you believe she is awakened? She has a unique power, but magic isn't unique to heroes.

Well the snow goes through solid material to infect ever human everywhere, regardless of where they are. Unless they're awakened already like Helck, Rafaed and so on. And she's still normal. Therefor she's awakened. She also talks about being able to keep up with Cless, at least when she was younger and he was an awakened hero even when he was younger, so if she could keep up with him even for a time when they were kids she is probably a hero herself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Cless wasn't awakened from birth, otherwise he would not have gotten sick and almost died. She was able to keep up with Cless until he awakened. They found a kid who would awaken as a hero. That is why they waited until Cless was an adult. If they had used Helck instead they could have started at any time. As for why the snow didn't affect her, why can't she just be immune to her own power? Or maybe it spreads outward with her as the origin point, so no snowflakes would hit her to begin with.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Even looking at the way she's moving in the latest chapter, effortlessly hopping around walls in a way that shocks Asuta and being quick enough to grab a knife that the king has thrown out of the air she's obviously superhumanly quick and agile. Cless didn't awaken as a kid, but he wasn't awoken by force as far as we're aware going by the flashback chapters - he just awoke at some point between 5 years old, when Sharuami met him and age 16, when he joined the army and was strong enough to be able to kill monsters single handed. He spent every day in between training, and Sharuami's line that she was able to keep up with him while they were kids but not afterwards would seem to indicate he awoke around about his teens and that that was when she started falling behind but that she never stopped trying herself after that point. Not all heroes are equally strong or fast or whatever. Cless outshined Helck too until they were young adults and Helck started fighting properly, so it's pretty reasonable to assume that Cless, who was training was able to become stronger and outpace someone like Sharuami even if she had awoke too simply because she wasn't training in any fashion and just thought they were playing games and messing about.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Everyone keeps saying the snow is Sharuami's power. Is that indicated somewhere and I just missed it? I never got that impression.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Everyone keeps saying the snow is Sharuami's power. Is that indicated somewhere and I just missed it? I never got that impression.

Uh, it is clearly stated? She can create snow which can spread other powers. The human awakening was spread via snow. Did you not read the latest chapter?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

wasn't it snowing when cless got sick...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Condiv posted:

wasn't it snowing when cless got sick...?

Yea, it was. I was re-reading that section earlier and noticed that specifically, but no-one else was getting sick that we saw or anything to indicate it was her powers at work. Then again, it could be that because she was so young her snow wasn't doing anything except to Cless on that night, since she was paying special attention to him or something like that.

• Locked thread