Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
They should have Rip punch Hitler, then Arthur Darville will be 2 for 2 on fascist dictator punching across genre shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kesper North posted:

They should have Rip punch Hitler, then Arthur Darville will be 2 for 2 on fascist dictator punching across genre shows.

Should just make this a thing. Go to a time, pop a dictator in the mouth, move on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kesper North posted:

"I'm having the strangest sense of deja vu..."

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Two of my favorite lines were Stein ones.

Meta 1: I forget who says it, but they say to Stein- "this'll go down like the Titanic!" Stein looks momentarily pissy. Victor Garber played Thomas Andrews, who helped build the Titanic.
Meta 2: Stein gets the line that Russia is on the wrong side of history as the "USA can freely vote, can criticize their government and love who we please." As Garber is gay, it seemed a poignant line for Stein to say.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Krad posted:

Wasn't it implied that Malcolm had something to do with bringing him back when they turned him into dust? I assumed someone from the outside would have to help him to revive, but eh, who knows at this point. He still seems like a total pushover, I don't get him as a big threatening villain, even in the comics.

That was, chronologically, the last time we've seen Vandal Savage. All his appearances in Legends have been either earlier than that in the timeline, or the initial 2166 'flashback'.

For all we know, as of 2016 Savage could still just be a pile of ashes.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Man, OCP really hosed up managing this place.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hahahah Mick rules.

I like this Star City better than the one we saw yesterday let's be honest.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I feel like Jax is overlooking the fact that Cisco is his most serious competition for Kendra's affection.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

New Deathstroke, New Green Arrow, sure why not.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

So is he Jericho? Or..

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Where does he get all those wonderful toys.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Stein is playing a great wingman

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

Stein is playing a great wingman

I'm kind of amused by the idea he might be compelled to due to the whole shared emotions thing. Either literally unable to resist doing it, or wanting to do it because it helps the horrible 20-something hormone and emotion flood go away.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
King Mick owns so hard

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Did Jason just admit he's learning how to build a time machine? Because that seems to be kind of a big deal.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
All of Legends is the origin story of Citizen Cold.

And everyone is okay with that.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oh god, old Oliver

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Face wig!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
That beard, though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Old-rear end Ollie also owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Amell actually grew the beard for this one instance

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

This episode rules a lot. Time traveling to eras that our characters have connections to is a really good idea.

Now let's see Central City, ruled by the murderous fascist despot Emperor Allen.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I assume future Ollie spends all his time brooding in his cave. Except when he's playing Santa in the mall.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dig Jr, huh?

Dig :smith:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Conor!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Stein's wingmanning has backfired horribly. Just like every other time Stein tries to bluff or lie through something. Good jerb.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Wait if the world isn't real should you be stealing a part of your time machine from it? Because it seems wierd if a main part of your ship can just blink out of existance.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I feel like Rip was probably lying to Sara about this. Everytime he's kinda pleasant and happy about something, it raises red flags.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

frgildan posted:

Wait if the world isn't real should you be stealing a part of your time machine from it? Because it seems wierd if a main part of your ship can just blink out of existance.

It would be protected by some sort of time field around the ship I assume.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Tavarin posted:

It would be protected by some sort of time field around the ship I assume.

Yea but the ship does get shot down and loses power alot.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Daddy and daddy are fighting. :saddowns:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that's a neat throwback to how Oliver beat Slade in Star City

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The Arrow motif mixing in with the Legends score was a nice touch

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess unless Lyla is pregnant this means there's no way that Dig is in the grave.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

muscles like this? posted:

So I guess unless Lyla is pregnant this means there's no way that Dig is in the grave.

Yeah, that was interesting. Connor said he couldn't save John from dying, so clearly he doesn't feel upset about that before he was even born. Also, Ollie says Felicity left after everything went down, most likely the uprising, so doesn't that exclude her, too?

Episode was awesome. Besides the unnecessary love triangle stuff, it was all pretty great to watch. Connor was better than I expected, Old Oliver was awesome, and Sara was great as always. Would love to see more interactions like this.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sir Potato posted:

Yeah, that was interesting. Connor said he couldn't save John from dying, so clearly he doesn't feel upset about that before he was even born. Also, Ollie says Felicity left after everything went down, most likely the uprising, so doesn't that exclude her, too?

We already knew Felicity wasn't in the grave because she was in the limo at the funeral.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

computer parts posted:

We already knew Felicity wasn't in the grave because she was in the limo at the funeral.

I like what someone in the Arrow thread theorized: that it was a Shado-like hallucination.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

muscles like this? posted:

This is technically an alternate reality, so I wouldn't really put any stock in what happened in LoT as far as Arrow is concerned.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mick is still the best.

Future Star City was a good timeline because Ollie said Felicity left. Sure the city is in ruins, but it's a price worth paying.

Love triangle subplot was dumb. Shame they couldn't give them anything else to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

lotus circle posted:

This is technically an alternate reality, so I wouldn't really put any stock in what happened in LoT as far as Arrow is concerned.

The timeline split after they left which was during this season.

• Locked thread