Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Obama lost Texas 16%, Texas is almost 40% hispanic, and Trump has insanely high negatives.

Yeah but the Wall is gonna bring a shitload of jobs to Texas.

Edit: I'm definitely losing my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

sharkbomb posted:

My theory is that Joementum decided months ago that Trump was going to be the GOP nominee and has been trolling this thread ever since. The most insidious, long-con troll. There are some posters that I only recognize when they occasionally pop-up to talk poo poo about Joementum.

the pretending to be retarded defense

ladies and gentlemen, jeb bush account spotted

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

thethreeman posted:

Jeet Heer ‏@HeerJeet 22m22 minutes ago
29. A pivot to the center would only work if there weren't many videos of Trump denigrating immigrants

How exactly would footage of Trump denigrating immigrants prevent him from pivoting to the center. Is he stupid enough to believe that being anti-illegal immigration is something that only appeals to Right-wing Republican voters.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Carson: Hodor
Cruz: Joffrey
Kasich: Stannis
Rubio: Xaro Xhoan Daxos
Trump: Daenerys

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
In the general Trump is one terrorist attack or economic crisis away from winning.

Don't fool yourselves.

E: Same can be said for any of the GOP poo poo field.

E2: DEAL WITH IT LIBTARDS

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

the pretending to be retarded defense

ladies and gentlemen, jeb bush account spotted

Mac book pro, BABY!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CubsWoo posted:

Outside of a contested convention or a "Everybody drops out but X and Trump" situation (and I'm not sure this one goes against Trump,) what keeps him from the nomination at this point?

He could win fewer delegates than one of the other candidates.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Joementum posted:

He could win fewer delegates than one of the other candidates.

so you're saying he's inevitable

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

CubsWoo posted:

Outside of a contested convention or a "Everybody drops out but X and Trump" situation (and I'm not sure this one goes against Trump,) what keeps him from the nomination at this point?

Act of God.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'm excited for Trump to lose.

Joementum is going to have the mother of all smug posts.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AC360/status/701963410997645312

hahaha

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Montasque posted:

In the general Trump is one terrorist attack or economic crisis away from winning.

Don't fool yourselves.

I like that he drew the conservative as a fat Neanderthal

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

Lose his mind when gets a '72 or '84-sized win? Agreed.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

Counterpoint: Trump has a decent shot of winning the Republican nomination.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

I've actually been saying the opposite of that all along: that Trump won't win the nomination, but if he were to, all bets are off.

You state an absolute while following it up with a statement based on the premise that your previous statement is false.

You've been watching Trump's rallies, haven't you, Joementum.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Mister Fister posted:

Obama lost Texas 16%, Texas is almost 40% hispanic, and Trump has insanely high negatives.

Texas is almost 40% Hispanic. And Texas' electorate is almost 17% Hispanic. A huge share of Texas' Hispanics are children under 18 or not US citizens. Texas consistently is in the bottom five states in the country in voter turnout, and most of that is among the Democratic side, and the Texas Democratic Party is not an organized political party in any real sense. Add to that the sheer enthusiasm the opportunity to vote against Hillary Clinton will have on the GOP core demographics and expect massive turnout among them even as many of them can't stand Trump.

There's room for Democratic growth in Texas, but the ceiling is very, very hard, especially for a presidential candidate. Note no Democrat has won statewide office in Texas since 1994. None. For any office.

(Currently posting from TX)

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Only Trump Forgives was one of the most striking movies I've ever seen, even more striking than There Will Be Blood.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

I'd say Trump has a 50% chance of getting it, Rubio about 40%(numbers out my rear end)... If Trump does lose all of you "Trump's gonna lose" guys have every right to be smug, especially Joe.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I like that he drew the conservative as a fat Neanderthal

That's the best part.

E: Trump is doing an hour long townhall on Hannity tonight:
http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-fox-news-live-streaming/

I hear the Cruz camp is sour about this.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/686987267097772032

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
she had a mental breakdown shortly after leaving the restaurant

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Patter Song posted:

Texas is almost 40% Hispanic. And Texas' electorate is almost 17% Hispanic. A huge share of Texas' Hispanics are children under 18 or not US citizens. Texas consistently is in the bottom five states in the country in voter turnout, and most of that is among the Democratic side, and the Texas Democratic Party is not an organized political party in any real sense. Add to that the sheer enthusiasm the opportunity to vote against Hillary Clinton will have on the GOP core demographics and expect massive turnout among them even as many of them can't stand Trump.

There's room for Democratic growth in Texas, but the ceiling is very, very hard, especially for a presidential candidate. Note no Democrat has won statewide office in Texas since 1994. None. For any office.

(Currently posting from TX)
:(:hf::(

I really, really want the "blue Texas" thing to happen sooner rather than later, but it looks like it's going to be decidedly later.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Trump was supposed to be speaking in Elko earlier this day, but cancelled (Don. Jr. spoke in his stead) in order to film this town hall, so I hope it's good

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Montasque posted:

Don't fool yourselves.

I love how conservative cartoonists draw everyone they don't like as grotesque as they possibly can short of things like stink lines. Like little kids.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

This is part of the reason that those "who's your second choice" polls shouldn't be taken seriously. Most people barely know who the candidates are and those who do have only very loose commitments to their top choice. They've barely thought beyond that.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Xenophon posted:

Trump was supposed to be speaking in Elko earlier this day, but cancelled (Don. Jr. spoke in his stead) in order to film this town hall, so I hope it's good

This thing was planned for over a week so maybe that was a scheduling mistake.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

I'd say Trump has a 50% chance of getting it, Rubio about 40%(numbers out my rear end)... If Trump does lose all of you "Trump's gonna lose" guys have every right to be smug, especially Joe.

Honestly I'll probably be more excited if Trump actually wins.

I just don't think its going to happen.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

That's the best part.

Ted Cruz has spent pretty much every waking moment since he entered the Senate in 2013 trying to ingratiate himself with the "Movement Conservative" "Anti-Establishment Establishment." He did all the right things, including grandstanding to shut down the US government in a way that made the rest of the GOP look like incompetent jackasses in order to promote himself. He cultivated the churches, the radio hosts, the bloggers, Breitbart, and more.

Ted Cruz is seeing all of that hard work destroyed by Donald Trump, who doesn't even pretend to be a Christian beyond the most empty of platitudes.

Try to get into Ted Cruz' head for a minute about that.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

This is part of the reason that those "who's your second choice" polls shouldn't be taken seriously. Most people barely know who the candidates are and those who do have only very loose commitments to their top choice. They've barely thought beyond that.

We don't put pictures by names on ballots, Joe. Who do you think we are, Europeans who send out headshots with their CV's?

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
http://reverbpress.com/world/trump-just-won-an-endorsement-from-war-criminal-bill-clinton-tried-to-kill-video/

Trump gets an endorsement from Serbian War criminal Vojislav Seselj.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I don't understand how calling Obama Hitler could even be considered racist. Nonsensical, but not racist.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Did that so-called war criminal know what was going on with islam in serbia?

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://twitter.com/RaygunBrown/status/701501029326594048

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Sheriff Joe is currently rambling nonsense at the Trump rally in Vegas.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
"Serbian War Criminal" would probably make Republicans like him more, especially with the whole "Bill Clinton has a statue in Kosovo" thing.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Levin definitely sounds like Cruz is a lost cause

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I like to imagine a world where Jeb figured out a quick response to the low energy attack and completely shut down and marginalized Trump

Would we all be posting funny memes about turtles and refreshing youtube for episode 15 of Can't Shock The Guac

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I love how conservative cartoonists draw everyone they don't like as grotesque as they possibly can short of things like stink lines. Like little kids.

you say that like the guy the cartoonist wants you to sympathize with isn't equally grotesque

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

It's kind of amazing that Twitter's new Trust and Safety Martyr's Brigade hasn't shut her down for Wrongthink yet.

hahahaha oh my loving god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

• Locked thread