Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress you Chris Carter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yo gently caress that

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
welp

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Oh god THAT was the cliffhanger?

Carterrrrrrrrrrrrr :argh:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha what the fuuuuuuuuck

This is gonna sound extreme, but maybe we didn't need the X-Files back after all?

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Well, that sure happened.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Boooo

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I wish I hadn't heard about the cliffhanger ahead of time.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Note: Scully died on the way back to her home planet.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

computer parts posted:

Trust me it didn't make it any better

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

computer parts posted:

Why? Is it better to know if you're eating a poo poo sandwich before or after you take the first bite?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Echophonic posted:

This is gonna sound extreme, but maybe we didn't need the X-Files back after all?

It was worth it for the 3rd episode, but holy poo poo Chris Carter wrote some awful episodes.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
So does this mean they're planning another miniseries or what because haha what the gently caress

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

In the next episode Frank Black moves to Portland and joins the FBI, only now his hair is white.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Tighclops posted:

So does this mean they're planning another miniseries or what because haha what the gently caress

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

In the next episode Frank Black moves to Portland and joins the FBI, only now his hair is white.

I'm all for that as long as they get Terry O'Quinn's pencil mustache back as well.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
next series is going to be mulder and scully opening up xcom with a blank check and a desk for scully after being heralded for literally saving humanity with ALIEN D N A

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

joe football posted:

next series is going to be mulder and scully opening up xcom with a blank check and a desk for scully after being heralded for literally saving humanity with ALIEN D N A

Well, she would have if that UFO hadn't nuked her on the bridge.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Wait a minute... Foxdie.
Fox... Die.

poo poo, even MGS1 makes more sense than this episode

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

joe football posted:

I thought the Aliens were the good guys all along.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I wonder if Duchovney and Anderson read these scripts and actually thought they were good or if it was just money and/or nostalgia that brought them back.

Monkey Fury
Jul 10, 2001
Tbh I was okay until "STEM CELLS"

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I thought the UFO was going to blow them all up (like it did the weird fetus girl) and it was going to end that way, with Mulder and Scully and not-Mulder dead and the world being hosed.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Iowa Snow King posted:

I thought the Aliens were the good guys all along.

In this series at least they didn't seem to do much bedsides crash a ship

What I'm trying to say is it would seem weird for them to go back to slumming in the basement on x files after this, though of course that's what you have acclaimed TV writers for

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Well besides Chris Carter loving with my emotions for 23 years, I liked it.

PrincessKate
Mar 16, 2004

Let's get it on, honey.
Why was Mitch Pileggi in the opening credits when he had about 5 minutes of screen time in 6 episodes?

I can't think of anything else to even say after the garbage I just watched.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I liked all of the non-Chris Carter episodes. Next season they should let Chris Carter have 1 episode, returning writers 3, and new writers 2. Too bad that will never happen.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

pyrotek posted:

I liked all of the non-Chris Carter episodes. Next season they should let Chris Carter have 1 episode, returning writers 3, and new writers 2. Too bad that will never happen.

Next season they should "George Lucas" Chris Carter. I'm betting Fox actually owns the rights so kick him to the fuckin' curb because he is clearly a pile of hot garbage.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

PrincessKate posted:

Why was Mitch Pileggi in the opening credits when he had about 5 minutes of screen time in 6 episodes?

He must have a good agent.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only halfway through, and I don't even care about spoilers: essentially 30 minutes of nothing but talking, one half-assed terrible action scene, more talking. This is beyond awful.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that sucked. That was like eating a delicious burrito and the last bite was a turd.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We got one good episode out of this.

I really don't give a gently caress what happens next. Christ. Chris Carter is bonkers. In the least endearing way.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

blarzgh posted:

Holy poo poo that sucked. That was like eating a delicious burrito and the last bite was a turd.

You mean it was like eating a big plate full of turds, and finding a truffle hiding in the third forkload?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chris Carter just took a steaming hot poo poo in my mouth. Personally.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

gently caress you Chris Carter.

Notorious QIG posted:

Yo gently caress that

all these

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Vakal posted:

I'm all for that as long as they get Terry O'Quinn's pencil mustache back as well.

Didn't that character get killed off between the 2nd & 3rd season?

I remember the 2nd season of millennium being really good television. The 3rd season was dogshit. IIRC Carter took charge of the 3rd season to save the show from flagging ratings. Didn't work.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The entire time I was thinking, "Surely, there has to be more to this bargain basement Alex Jones character, he can't just be a straight-up hero." I was wrong. This was terrible. Chris Carter should jump into a loving ravine.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Didn't that character get killed off between the 2nd & 3rd season?

I remember the 2nd season of millennium being really good television. The 3rd season was dogshit. IIRC Carter took charge of the 3rd season to save the show from flagging ratings. Didn't work.

Yes, and they blew up a different character played by him in the first X-Files movie so we're out of luck there.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Midjack posted:

Yes, and they blew up a different character played by him in the first X-Files movie so we're out of luck there.
That's no obstacle. Nicholas Lea played a MOTW in season 1 before he was cast as Krychek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
That ending made me literally laugh out loud. Its like some god-tier trolling.

• Locked thread