Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like Saihyou has a stronger beginning but Nemuri Hime has a stronger ending.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
OH WAIT gently caress I JUST REALIZED WHERE I'D SEEN GO SHIINA'S NAME BEFORE.

THE TALES OF LEGENDIA OST.

HOLY poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Masaru Shiina (椎名豪 Shiina Masaru?, born May 16, 1974), known professionally as Go Shiina, is a Japanese video game composer employed at Bandai Namco Games. He is best known for creating the scores to Tales of Legendia, the Mr. Driller series, and the God Eater series.

What the gently caress Wikipedia where's iDOLM@STER????

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wikipedia editors clearly biased against idols

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also I got a Koume. Now to maintain my rank as best as I can, as I assume everyone marathons all their points to tier.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I found that tweet I was talking about in the synctube lmao
https://twitter.com/yunamon/status/555267466176102400

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
only need 595 points for koume. I think I'll get her easily.

on the leaderboard however i have fallen to 93,423rd. Soon gonna drop out of Anastasia range. Oh well, i'd prefer to keep saving my gems for a 10 pull, haven't done one of those in this game yet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only need 5k points, that should be easy enough.

NOT.

I could use potions but I don't see the point.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

NOT.

I'm right there with you. I don't care that much for Koume, so it works out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm right there with you. I don't care that much for Koume, so it works out.

:argh:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

From ASTERISK, two idols were born...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

NOT.

Don't worry, the event Koume is kinda useless tbqh

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

oh neat new ssr gacha

it's aiko

who?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

I have 4 Rs and 3 of them are given to you at the start of the game.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

I have no idea if any of my idols are good. I just like collecting them. I keep sitting around the 50000 ranking, but I assume I'll drop as the event draws closer to the end. Also I keep attempting rehearsals of the master event song, and I still can't get those two big slides at the beginning.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Allarion posted:

I have no idea if any of my idols are good. I just like collecting them. I keep sitting around the 50000 ranking, but I assume I'll drop as the event draws closer to the end. Also I keep attempting rehearsals of the master event song, and I still can't get those two big slides at the beginning.

Yeah, those slides convinced me to be happy with my one completion of the Master.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

my suggestion is to maybe take it a little slower than you might think you need to take it because the zigzag might prompt you to try to whip out your finger really fast but it really works better if you track it properly and just remember to overshoot the ends a bit.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

honestly i kind of wish i could trade in a bit of raw skill in exchange for being more stable at hitting notes I know how to hit because god knows how many times I've flubbed an FC because I have a mental gap and miss a note right after nailing a trouble spot.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
My FC achilles heel is inexplicably letting go of solitary holds.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

My FC achilles heel is inexplicably letting go of solitary holds.

same, i kinda feel for me that this may be a side effect of the 5 finger style requiring you to sort of divvy up your attention to each finger so the instant your concentration wavers you just act retarded and let go

which kinda sucks since the largest chunks of time i usually have to play nowadays is in the morning when i'm still sleep drunk or late at night after school or work when i'm balls tired.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My achilles heel is my lack of skill.

Also sometimes the color scheme makes it hard to tell when some notes are the ones where you have them down.

Pink and orange are ally bad about this, blue is okay and I have no problem with it.

Blue is the best.

I think of them as raindrops falling across the screen and my tapping powers get 50% stronger.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I leave the 3d on, so I get distracted by the dancing choreography occasionally. Otherwise, it's usually mistiming a tap that gets me, or letting go of a hold because I thought it was a tap. The master is fun to play though, I just wish the sliding felt a bit better when it decides to cross over a lot like that.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I didn't want to complain about weird touch registry, but I just flubbed three FCs in a row because a hold absolutely refused to register for me no matter how solidly I hit it and gently caress this game goddamnit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

I didn't want to complain about weird touch registry, but I just flubbed three FCs in a row because a hold absolutely refused to register for me no matter how solidly I hit it and gently caress this game goddamnit.

panda abandons CG SS.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

honestly i kind of wish i could trade in a bit of raw skill in exchange for being more stable at hitting notes I know how to hit because god knows how many times I've flubbed an FC because I have a mental gap and miss a note right after nailing a trouble spot.

A third of my attempts at the event song so far, I've managed to get a nice before the gimmick slides even start. Several of those, I went on to an otherwise FC run. What the gently caress? My misses aren't even on the hard parts.

I haven't managed a FC of it yet, by the way.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

My achilles heel is my lack of skill.

Also sometimes the color scheme makes it hard to tell when some notes are the ones where you have them down.

Pink and orange are ally bad about this, blue is okay and I have no problem with it.

Blue is the best.

I think of them as raindrops falling across the screen and my tapping powers get 50% stronger.

pro tip

then you get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnsUjjix5h4

instead of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2tYY_AL5Uc

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I wonder if I should watch iM@S from the beginning or just start where I left off.

Much as I want to say start it over it's almost all pretty distinct character arcs so if you remember the last arc you finished you won't have missed any plot.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Wow, there's actually a lot more idolm@ster on wikipedia than there used to be. At one point it was basically all in one single 'the idolm@ster' page. At least some people have gone ahead and made separate pages for a lot of the games now, though the Must Songs one probably doesn't need to exist.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Trap posted:

A third of my attempts at the event song so far, I've managed to get a nice before the gimmick slides even start. Several of those, I went on to an otherwise FC run. What the gently caress? My misses aren't even on the hard parts.

Yeah, nices are my sworn enemy. One day I'm going to build a full team of nice->perfect or nice doesn't break combo.

I'm definitely going to get Koume, not so sure about my chances of staying in the top 100,000 though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

!!!!!!

Holy poo poo this is gamechanging!

Thanks a lot!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Much as I want to say start it over it's almost all pretty distinct character arcs so if you remember the last arc you finished you won't have missed any plot.

Um...

Camcorder episode, everyone is introduced
Something something something, live at a beach
Chihaya only wants to sing
Miki and Ryugu Komachi stuff
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Everyone in a radio show
Azusa wants to get married
Hibiki fights with her hamster
Makoto wants to be a girl
Ritsuko becomes an idol again for a fan meeting

This is what I remember.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Alright, koume is got

also i guess the little bit i played so far today moved me up to 78k from 93 so maybe there's hope still?

Skwee fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 23, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Type 3/4 and the lowest 2d is the least distracting/most visible, so that's what I do.

Polsy posted:

Yeah, nices are my sworn enemy. One day I'm going to build a full team of nice->perfect or nice doesn't break combo.

I'm definitely going to get Koume, not so sure about my chances of staying in the top 100,000 though.

I'm guessing Anya's popular enough that most people won't wander off after 10k or so like they usually do?

Either I'm crazy or once you crack 10–12k, you start making up places fairly easily.

Um...

Camcorder episode, everyone is introduced
Something something something, live at a beach
Chihaya only wants to sing
Miki and Ryugu Komachi stuff
Everyone in a radio show
Azusa wants to get married
Hibiki fights with her hamster
Makoto wants to be a girl
Ritsuko becomes an idol again for a fan meeting

This is what I remember.

Isn't that like 2/3 of it, at least?

Didn't get to the important bit, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

Type 3/4 and the lowest 2d is the least distracting/most visible, so that's what I do.

I'm guessing Anya's popular enough that most people won't wander off after 10k or so like they usually do?

Either I'm crazy or once you crack 10–12k, you start making up places fairly easily.

Isn't that like 2/3 of it, at least?

Didn't get to the important bit, though.

I stopped right before the Chihaya arc I think. Episode 18 or 19.

Crazy how I still remember this.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
You can get some sweet drifto cars in SS to stick in your room starting some time soon

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't hold my breath for that. I think between that and the relatively easy Master event song this is going to be a tough one pointwise. Stats are still on track for a ~15,000 point 100k rank.

This is what I remember.

You can't miss 'Yukiho gets over her fear of crowds, a little', though I probably remember that because everyone who makes Yukiho MADs uses a clip from there because she hardly does anything after that.

Hmm, I can't remember what happened with Ami/Mami at all though, sounds like I need to rewatch.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 23, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i can't even beat the event song on master. I can only beat one song on master, and i only get a B rating.

I can full combo the event song on pro though, that's pretty easy, I think i've gotten it FC the last 7 or so times I played it

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I mean it's not easy easy but it's not significantly worse than top-end standard Pro songs so if you were experienced enough for those you'd probably be fine, or at least you'd clear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Skwee posted:

You can get some sweet drifto cars in SS to stick in your room starting some time soon

Excellent, sounds like we're gonna have Running in the 90s or Disco Fire added soon.

I think my SS weakness is just like single-double-single-double tap chains because I inevitably lose my rhythm somehow during my tapping. :/