Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Xavier Woods is up to bat on Hot Pepper Gaming talking about SFV :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgv881gtSb0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Pat is loving SCRAPING by in Xcom holy poo poo

It's also pretty funny how often Liam ends up telling Pat better things to do considering he's never played EU or Xcom 2.

Liam is P4P best videogame player in the Zaibatsu.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dias posted:

Liam is P4P best videogame player in the Zaibatsu.

I really wanna see an LP where Liam styles all over a puzzle game while Pat sulks about his near total inability to play them.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Justice Sloth posted:

I really wanna see an LP where Liam styles all over a puzzle game while Pat sulks about his near total inability to play them.

I await the day when Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo gets on fisticuffs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Double Dash is not worth all the internal bleeding this'll cause.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

this is loving stellar

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blockhouse posted:

this is loving stellar

He's a beautifully strong lad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

oh my god why would you do this to yourself you insane motherfucker

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Captain Invictus posted:

He's not wrong about Double Dash, Co-Op was the best thing about that game by far and was well worth it.

Holy poo poo Xavier is the coolest.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Zaibatsu vs. Ustabiaz in the hypest Rock-Paper-Scissors showdown this side of MAGFest

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Captain Invictus posted:

His dedication to Double Dash and Nights is pretty loving commendable. Especially when it looked like he was traveling through time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat is already going to die horrible as 2 minutes in, he says "Sectoids first."

Sectoids are literally the most harmless enemy in either XCOM game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ustabiaz is basically the Great Lakes Zaibatsu

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Huh, as also an XCom noob I'm also going for Sectoids first above everything else because I always get panicked, throw a grenade and kill my troops if I focus on ADVENT Officers instead.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

An Advent Soldier will either 1) Shoot or 2) Shoot

A sectoid will 1) try to mind control people which is useless if they're by themselves 2) Panic you which is a low percentage of low percentage to also hurt you 3) raise the dead which doesn't move until next turn.

It's by far the safest measure to kill everything else first, then kill the Sectoid. Also helpful tip, swords deal bonus damage against them.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Tae posted:

???

I've had Sectoids turn clear victories into utter defeats due to panic/mind control shenanigans

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Even in X-Com EU and XCOM EW Sectoids managed to stay relatively dangerous for most of the game, especially with commanders.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DontMindMe posted:

???

I've had Sectoids turn clear victories into utter defeats due to panic/mind control shenanigans

Unless they changed the AI in the last week, Sectoids were hilariously programmed to be useless if they're the only enemies left. Flashbanging them to disable their psy powers actually makes them more dangerous.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

try to mind control people which is useless if they're by themselves

Or the worst possible thing if they aren't

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gently caress Pat running into a Faceless and Liam going "thaaat's an aaaaalieeeen" almost killed me

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Blockhouse posted:

gently caress Pat running into a Faceless and Liam going "thaaat's an aaaaalieeeen" almost killed me

"speed"

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.
I felt the same way as pat with sectoids at first but most of the dangerous things they do can be instantly solved by killing them on the next turn before their zombie/mind controlled soldier gets to do anything.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, by design you'd think Sectoids should be prioritized, is my point.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Remf posted:

I felt the same way as pat with sectoids at first but most of the dangerous things they do can be instantly solved by killing them on the next turn before their zombie/mind controlled soldier gets to do anything.

That's what Pat tries to do.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't believe that XCOM Expert Pat, who helped design and test XCOM 2, is playing XCOM 2 wrong.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.

Rodyle posted:

That's what Pat tries to do.

well yeah he kinda got screwed over by not having a good way to get at it, I've only been playing on baby normal mode

I also had no idea overwatch stayed in effect for mind controlled guys, that one turn is amazing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't believe that XCOM Expert Pat, who helped design and test XCOM 2, is playing XCOM 2 wrong.

this entire LP exists to laugh at Pat playing the game wrong, that's what we're doing

hell Liam has straight up Jotaro-style analyzed how to play the game just from an hour of watching Pat fumble at it and now knows better than he does

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Rodyle posted:

Ustabiaz is basically the Great Lakes Zaibatsu

Takahata is secretly Big Bertha.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
God, Vessel's layout and player is kinda bad. "Did I watch this already? Wait, where's the 'list by release date' option? Why does it not show some videos I KNOW are out sometimes?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dias posted:

God, Vessel's layout and player is kinda bad. "Did I watch this already? Wait, where's the 'list by release date' option? Why does it not show some videos I KNOW are out sometimes?"

"Why are Best Friends LPs, Best Friends Fisticuffs, Best Friends One Shots and new Super Best Friends all separate channels as far as Vessel is concerned and not different playlists?" It's a real mess.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New videos straight up were not showing up for me despite having a subscription so I cancelled that poo poo, gently caress vessel, it's bad

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
My free year of vessel convinced me to not pay for it when it ends

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

glad we've arrived at the "pleading for death" part of the naruto lp

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dias posted:

Huh, as also an XCom noob I'm also going for Sectoids first above everything else because I always get panicked, throw a grenade and kill my troops if I focus on ADVENT Officers instead.

I've only seen one grenade throw from a panic'd soldier. Granted, it was hilarious and blew up two of my own dudes. But in general, a single soldier or leader is much, much more likely to kill one of your men than a panicked soldier will, and if you kill a soldier while remaining in cover, the sectoid will almost certainly waste his turn making a zombie.

Sectoids suck and can be largely ignored. Later psychic enemies are much, much more dangerous, and can't be ignored.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mystic Mongol posted:

I've only seen one grenade throw from a panic'd soldier. Granted, it was hilarious and blew up two of my own dudes. But in general, a single soldier or leader is much, much more likely to kill one of your men than a panicked soldier will, and if you kill a soldier while remaining in cover, the sectoid will almost certainly waste his turn making a zombie.

Sectoids suck and can be largely ignored. Later psychic enemies are much, much more dangerous, and can't be ignored.

My third mission (on Normal, mind you), had a soldier get panicked and grenade down both TWO soldiers AND the VIP I was supposed to rescue. Yaaaaaaay?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dias posted:

My third mission (on Normal, mind you), had a soldier get panicked and grenade down both TWO soldiers AND the VIP I was supposed to rescue. Yaaaaaaay?

That sectoid seems like an achiever. You should hire him!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I confess that Livin Da Dream passes over me like a fever dream in large parts, why is Rage called Frequency anyway (e: oh never mind it's explained in this tonight's nightmare video)

Also Pat pretending he hasn't heard Alex Navarro explain this whole plot

e: "BACK IN MY DAY THE WATER FOUNTAIN TASTED BETTER" HOLY poo poo

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 23, 2016

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The XCOM2 playthrough is quickly becoming The Lonely Psalm of Carol 'Survivor' Ray.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FauxGateau posted:

The XCOM2 playthrough is quickly becoming The Lonely Psalm of Carol 'Survivor' Ray.

'tis the fate of every XCom new playthrough, apparently. Got this fuckin' clutch Spanish Ranger carrying my team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Ok, I have tried to play XCom (And derivatives such as Xenonauts) a bunch of times. I never manage to get past the first alien Base invasion. Pat, who finished XCom 1 and was lead developer of XCom 2 , plays exactly the same way I do. How the gently caress did he finish the first game playing this way? I'm seriously asking, I don't understand how somebody playing the game in this fashion could actually complete it.