Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsA8rglWoEU&t=846s

Found it. That's the sound of a major feature cut.

I wonder if there's a big jar of listed game features and before you appear on camera you have to stick your hand in and see which one you'll quietly get to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I feel like Star Citizen could learn a lot from how GTA V Online handles player interaction. If someone's griefing you, after you are killed, you can choose to go into passive mode and not get blown up by the rear end in a top hat driving down the main street in a tank, or you can just start the game in passive mode and just not deal with poo poo. If you're being the rear end in a top hat, it costs money to go into passive mode and the game tracks how aggressive someone is. A player is worth more cash and EXP dead if they're being aggressive, or you can just put a bounty on someone for any reason at all. Not to mention if you shoot at poo poo too much the cops will just come and publicly execute you.

Really though, the EVE Online thing says something totally different: People are blowing up mining ships for economic gain, not sadistic videogame catharsis. It would really just be way more interesting if killing a player had a measurable change on the game instead of the pointless space bubble the game is in right now, and there isn't anything measurable in the game right now. Timeouts are just loving stupid.

Wasn't Arena Commander supposed to exist to test the netcode and ship interaction? Why the gently caress does the PU even exist in its current form, other than to court space whales?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Didn't someone figure out you can clip out the back of the pod you spawn in and head straight to the landing pads? I wonder if they fixed that before implementing grounding people to their rooms.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/474snl/goons_will_attempt_to_derail_this_subreddit/

Look at our ban buttons, all hax0red by Derek Smart. :negative:
This reverse psychology thing they have going where they "slyly" try to get us to ban Uncle Derek to prove them wrong is childishly endearing. :3:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319373/is-elite-dangerous-sneakin-up-on-sc-us-and-maybe-overtaking-us

:omarcomin: The first thing that comes to mind when I think about SC ships is how well thought through they were from the start.

e: jesus christ that entire thread is pro-read. I'd be quoting almost all of it.

The first thing that came to mind for me is how they (CIG) have stated multiple times that they are trying to get the PU stable before adding, or patching as we know it, more modules into the "main" experience.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

AP posted:

I wonder if there's a big jar of listed game features and before you appear on camera you have to stick your hand in and see which one you'll quietly get to kill.

That was one of his founding game designs and principles. Getting and overclocking ship components.
So now that a pillar is gone is there anything left propping this game up other than whales.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
What happened with dolvak? I've been on vacation.

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Semisponge posted:

He enlisted and became a Star Marine™.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

quote:

Players who successfully complete the bounty mission for a Level 5 Criminal will find a Klaus & Werner ATT4 Energy rifle waiting for them in their bedroom on Port Olisar. Courtesy of Crusader Industries.

quote:

The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is not currently being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.
Working as intended.

Spooooon!!!
Apr 4, 2013

AP posted:

So.... slicing from SWG. I'm actually okay with that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HsJ0GtayX4&t=335s

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:qqsay:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HsJ0GtayX4&t=2008s

FPS.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1i40SPX3b4

Can't tell if it's upside down or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GW2rch3P7c

:gary:

zecumbe
Oct 20, 2013

eat that dirt
lol if I get in on that mod team we can utterly gently caress up that sub

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

zecumbe posted:

lol if I get in on that mod team we can utterly gently caress up that sub

This gimmick has run it's course, time to move on.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Semisponge posted:

Reddit admins got wind of his blatant conflict of interest and abuse of moderator powers and told him to gently caress off.

Of course he lied about this and said he was stepping down.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chin posted:

Reddit admins got wind of his blatant conflict of interest and abuse of moderator powers and told him to gently caress off.

No, that is based on the Voat.co post by someone who made a fake Dolvak account. Someone posted a PM with him on Reddit where he said it wasn't him who said it on Voat.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chin posted:

This is actually a real possibility.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Working as intended.

In a surprising twist, someone at CIG actually found a potential griefing route called "having a friend" and shut that poo poo down

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

PTU 2.2.0

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
What is this "physicalized EVA" which reddit is going crazy over? I bet it's just a cloud of smoke

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
It's rather amusing that the new Bounty/Mission system basically asks players to go and PvP/Ram other players. Since if no one would become a criminal, no one would get bounty missions. So ramming people on the landing pad and/or shooting them is intended by CIG.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

Nothing I can do about it. That comes from the video card's filtering. You could always read the in-game docs instead. I had those put up as part of the idiot proofing I feel compelled to do. Most can read it just fine.

Idiot proofing is Derek Smart's codewords for "The backers keep annoying me with their questions".

Here's a tip, Derek, call it "Making it user-friendly".

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

AP posted:

PTU 2.2.0

110 million and greatest game ever!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSvGRy8Erk

Hmm, yes, this looks fine, push the patch, Bob

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
This thread has me fatshaming myself. I'm 5'9 and 186 lbs. Now I feel the need to drop sodas entirely (I've been working on that addiction for years), problem is finding a decent replacement. I'll probably check the fit Goons thread, but to save time, straight black coffee good/no good?

Thankfully the misses and I both eat relatively healthy, we need to cut back on the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in our salad I'm sure, but eh. We both want to shred some weight for our wedding this year and actually keep it off.

That's my weight story, thanks for reading commandos. o9

Also, go gently caress yourselves Reddit.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

can't you just re-reg on reddit in like 15 seconds without even having to have a valid email address for confirmation?

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
So physicalised EVA is just a lovely Skyrim first person camera mod that hacks in a 3rd person ragdoll body into first person and thus breaks everything?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Thronde posted:

This thread has me fatshaming myself. I'm 5'9 and 186 lbs. Now I feel the need to drop sodas entirely (I've been working on that addiction for years), problem is finding a decent replacement. I'll probably check the fit Goons thread, but to save time, straight black coffee good/no good?

Thankfully the misses and I both eat relatively healthy, we need to cut back on the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in our salad I'm sure, but eh. We both want to shred some weight for our wedding this year and actually keep it off.

Also, go gently caress yourselves Reddit.

Black coffee fine though mind the caffine, water or green tea would be better if you can. Weight loss thread has a bunch of good advice and support, I recommend calorie counting with myfitnesspal or similar at least for a month or two (be MEGA rigorous and honest, weigh everything, don't forget beverages and snacks), if you wanna keep the counting up long term then great, if you just use it as a tool to get a feel for things and for good habits then are able to wean yourself off it after a while that's good too

ether
May 20, 2001

Daztek posted:

That's a fake video, it doesn't end with [Star Citizen.exe has stopped working ]
:colbert:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl is angry about phase 1. Jumbify you need to post here again.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Thronde posted:

I stoped drinking Sodas a couple of years ago. I replaced it with bottled Water (not table water). I also stopped putting sugar into my coffee. Also: Read content lists of your food.
You'd be suprised what kind of poo poo goes in "normal" food.
Example: Frozen Pizzas - often contain sugar, makes a shiny surface after baking it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Everybody should stop eating frozen pizza regardless of their weight change ambitions.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Daztek posted:

- I can't see any glaring mistakes, Chris.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Warcabbit posted:

Hey, :pgabz:, I've noticed you and I have something in common. The whole musician thing. This Star Citizen thing reminds me of GAS. It remind you of it any?

Posting from the past.

I think GAS is different. At least then you get a physical product. It may have been over-hyped or you may get bored with it quickly, but you actually get something tangible that can be used. Some dudes on the gear sites definitely blow too much money on pedals and poo poo like that, and that's a neurosis all it's own "The perfect mid-breakup low gain TS clone of the week", but it's not nearly as pathetic as jpegs.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

Everybody should stop eating frozen pizza regardless of their weight change ambitions.

Amen. I only eat fresh pizza. And even then usually cheese with alfredo sauce instead of marinara, as that seems to give me heartburn. gently caress getting old.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:gary:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
We did it, everyone!

Reddit thinks we're worse than Stormfront!

:lol::lol::yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Illegal Move posted:

In other news: I was thinking of changing my Something Awful forum name to my general online games/github/twitch/etc username, but I'm kind of afraid to do it now, because I feel like there's a chance some crazy shitizen will decide to stalk me and ruin my day on the internet because I've posted in this thread a few times.

Well, if it makes you feel any safer, I have obviously posted a fair bit here, and use basically the same name and avatar about everywhere from Steam to Facebook, so I am not exactly Stealthguy and I have yet to have anyone start anything with me.

• Locked thread