Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I think you should go play dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

yeah with all that loving cash i have

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Adiabatic posted:

I think you should go play dice

*pops collar, lights cigarette*

"Jack and Jill went up the hill..."

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Enourmo posted:

yeah with all that loving cash i have

You'll never have any cash with that attitude :colbert:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BraveUlysses posted:

Have you checked out the 44" tool chest from HF? it's worth a look and cheaper too.

Well, since it's currently $289 for the top and $389 for the bottom, no, it's not cheaper.
Other than that, I have heard good things about these chests. I've seen the big 56" bottom on sale for a stupid low price, like $399, several times per year, but I wanted a whole cabinet for my largely arbitrary limit of $500. Possible space issues, as well. I have a place where my pathetic 4' tall 18" bargain basement Craftsman (not the good Craftsman, in other words) sits that can accommodate a forty-something inch cabinet, but I don't think I could squeeze in a 56" without doing some woodworking on my workbench.
I actually will be rebuilding said workbench when I build custom shelving on that side of the garage, at which time I may consider adding one of the Harbor Freight side cabinets or something, if needed.

Right now, it's just sitting in the middle of the garage with a few tools in it, as I was busy with other, non-AI things this weekend (I know!)

BloodBag posted:

The trust was the will. It's a miracle we even found it. The police didn't understand it, and niether did we. He hired a trust/probate attorney to read that thing and understand it. Everything my FIL owned was in the trust and the trust basically paid his living expenses. He was a very clever man, although I did find some documents that indicate he got fleeced by some rear end in a top hat in Bratislava for a patent registration. At any rate, I'm happy I won't have to file probate stuff in CA, that lawyer was worth his weight in gold because he's helping take care of the home sale process as well.

My wife learned about trusts in her Paralegal studies, and you better believe we will be setting up a trust when we can. She's helping her step-mother set up one, because said step-mother came to realize the value after being executor of her brother's, husband's (my late father-in-law) and then her mother-in-law's (my wife's grandmother's) estates. She decided that she didn't want us to have to deal with that, which I appreciate very much. Trusts are awesome - you don't own anything (or almost nothing), so therefore the state gets nothing, and the trust simply passes to the remaining trustees.

Elmnt80 posted:

The e in negro is pronounced as an "eh" sound. "Neighgrow" Modelo. I'm still trying to break my mother of saying "chipoltee" and this is a woman who lived in texas for 20+ years. :v:

EDIT: And by also correcting it every loving time you hear it. Sooner or later, they'll get tired of you correcting them!

You mean it's not chip-O-til?
(I know it's not. Texas native. And I really prefer to pronounce non-English words correctly.)

In a similar vein, I keep trying to correct my boss and others at work that it's "Mac" as in short for Macintosh, not "MAC", the networking hardware address, but few of them take the hint. I have no idea why they've fixated on the all-caps acronym.

KozmoNaut posted:

Well, goddammit. My insurance company still maintains that I was at fault for the traffic accident that happened in September. They even state that because the other party honked at me, I had obviously put them in danger, and therefore I was responsible.

The "little" problem with that is that I was the one who honked, and that it happened much later than if she had wanted to warn me about my lane change. I even stated this quite clearly in my descriptions of the incident, but apparently they couldn't be bothered to actually read those.

So off the case goes to their complaints department, with yet another detailed description of what happened and why the other party willfully and deliberately drove into me. I'll be calling them this afternoon as well, once I've cooled down a little.

Yeah, that's bullshit.
I think the video was pretty clear.

Oh, and everyone is right about Deadpool. Much fun, very genre aware, but not in an annoying way.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Still no job since Thanksgiving week. Thanks Obama!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

88h88 posted:

This reminded me to add you on Strava, or at least the person I think you are. If you have a new follow request it's probably me. Need to rebuild a rear wheel on the road bike and get some miles in.

Be prepared to be kudo'ed.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bucephalus posted:

*pops collar, lights cigarette*

"Jack and Jill went up the hill..."

WHATS IN THE BOWL BITCH

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Darchangel posted:

In a similar vein, I keep trying to correct my boss and others at work that it's "Mac" as in short for Macintosh, not "MAC", the networking hardware address, but few of them take the hint. I have no idea why they've fixated on the all-caps acronym.

I gave up on this one ages ago. About half my company does that. No idea.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

leica posted:

WHATS IN THE BOWL BITCH

That was Little Miss Muffet, but I appreciate you getting the reference.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Now that cellular companies have switched off of the 2-year locked in discount phone upgrade, is there any reason to buy from them vs bringing your own phone? I spent an hour at a local AT&T store buying a phone for my dad. Before, I could always order online and have it shipped straight home, but that doesn't seem to work after this switch to the new purchase model. If I'd known it'd take so long between the line and the upgrade process, I would have tried to get a phone straight from the Apple store.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bucephalus posted:

That was Little Miss Muffet, but I appreciate you getting the reference.

Haha I know but I couldn't resist, that was the best one :v:

kimbo305 posted:

Now that cellular companies have switched off of the 2-year locked in discount phone upgrade, is there any reason to buy from them vs bringing your own phone? I spent an hour at a local AT&T store buying a phone for my dad. Before, I could always order online and have it shipped straight home, but that doesn't seem to work after this switch to the new purchase model. If I'd known it'd take so long between the line and the upgrade process, I would have tried to get a phone straight from the Apple store.

I just ordered a phone and sim card off Amazon, but that was with Cricket and they have some sort deal with Amazon or something. Sim card was only 9 bucks. Will save me money and time so that's cool.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 23, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Can confirm.
Kudos slow beer cruises.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Just found out that my otherwise-healthy sister apparently is in the ER after having just had a seizure. Swear to loving God, this better not be something life-threatening because I already lost my brother and I don't want to be the only loving child.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Found some really old spray paint.

Wikilogo says they last used this logo in 1981

Which makes sense, since the can says 1979

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Had a phone interview today, which resulted in an onsite interview for tomorrow for an environmental job with a company that makes batteries for things like golf carts, forklifts, and other large specialty batteries. I'd be maintaining and monitoring the wastewater treatment system and helping with hazmat tracking in the factory, which is right up my alley. Pay wouldn't be fantastic, but it's better than I'm making now servicing commercial laundry stuff, and it comes with benefits. Got my interview pants and shirt ironed (email said business casual) and I've brushed up on my RCRA rules and wastewater permitting stuff.

This would mean (among other things) I could actually get some poo poo done on my truck, like a brake job, valve cover gaskets, and maybe even an Eaton Truetrac LSD.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Good luck!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Continuing to explore the versatility of the pressure cooker that was our black friday/christmas present last year...

Pressure cooked three pounds of dry-rubbed pork shoulder in a combination of, garlic, onion and a cup of orange juice, then browned it in its own fat on the stovetop and shredded it for some street tacos.

Tried to talk my wife out of having them with cheese but she wouldn't listen.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Geirskogul posted:

This is awesome. Is there still paint? Does the marble still move?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well drat. I knew my employer had been bought by a competitor before I even started. They're starting to transition people over to the other company's platform. No big deal there, it's expected. The other company (GrubHub) actually pays a little better, and has an hourly guarantee.

What kinda stinks is I have a set schedule with Dining In (and can work extra hours on top of that if I want); GrubHub apparently just posts available shifts online, much like DoorDash. I'll keep my set schedule as long as Dining In continues to exist, but it'll kinda suck going back to playing the late night lottery when available shifts get released once they fully transition to GrubHub. What really stinks is that even though GH has a large presence in Austin, if I wanted to pick up a shift while in Austin, I wouldn't be able to without actually transferring to Austin permanently. And I plan to be down there probably once a month or so for the rest of the year.

Geoj posted:

Continuing to explore the versatility of the pressure cooker that was our black friday/christmas present last year...

Pressure cooked three pounds of dry-rubbed pork shoulder in a combination of, garlic, onion and a cup of orange juice, then browned it in its own fat on the stovetop and shredded it for some street tacos.

Tried to talk my wife out of having them with cheese but she wouldn't listen.

Cheese is hardly the greatest sin against street tacos (though I don't put cheese on them - cheese only goes on gringo tacos for me). Not having a proper hot sauce, on the other hand, is sacrilege.

Geirskogul posted:

:stare: Skaggs isn't a name I've heard since... the late 80s I think? We had Skaggs Alpha-Beta where I grew up (which at least out there, became Jewel Osco, which then became Albertsons - probably similar in your area?).

Although that price tag doesn't look like the Skaggs Alpha Beta stickers that I remember, and proper Skaggs stores ceased to exist around 1979, if wikipedia is correct.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This is awesome. Is there still paint? Does the marble still move?

I just went out to test it. Both marbles came loose after a bit of shaking, and both paint, though the black one only paints when you're holding the can upside-down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

I just went out to test it. Both marbles came loose after a bit of shaking, and both paint, though the black one only paints when you're holding the can upside-down.

How noxious were the fumes? Did you get 80's high?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

God drat it. One of my co-workers suggested I use a dark metallic gold paint on the wheels of my truck and I can't get the idea out of my head. Everything else I've seen done with the stock wheels looks like absolute dog poo poo and I was resigned to one day buying cragar soft 8s for it. But it would look damned nice with the dark metallic blue on my avalanche.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 23, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

nm posted:

Can confirm.
Kudos slow beer cruises.

Hooray!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Geirskogul posted:

You should send that to me, it would be period correct paint for my new truck

Geoj posted:

Mmm tacos, throw some green salsa on those things. Excellent IMO carnita recipe that could be adapted to pressure cooker - http://www.homesicktexan.com/2008/07/carnitas-houston-style.html

Also I bought a truck last night then drove it two hours home in heavy pouring rain. It's American and Dad hasn't disowned me yet...

So how do I lower a pickup truck without completely loving up the ride? I'd like it 1.5-2 inches lower. Rear is easy enough with spacer blocks on the leaf springs but other than chopping springs in the front do I just find shorter springs and toss in appropriately short shocks?

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 23, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Went out on the track in an old mk3 Supra last week. Today I looked at insurance prices for them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Bit of a oval office the vast majority of them need head gasket work though.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I feel like showing up to work with grease-stained hands shows how good of an engineer I am. Rochelle the Account Manager doesn't seem to think so.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Too bad you're in dropbear country, a buddy of mine from high school has been running this project for a couple years now and has a weird fetish for old spray cans.

http://capmatchescolor.com

E: loving DUH. Too many fury road avatars, I was convinced CT had posted those pics.

glyph fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 23, 2016

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Rochelle Rochelle: A young girls strange, erotic journey from milan to minsk

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

glyph posted:

Too bad you're in dropbear country, a buddy of mine from high school has been running this project for a couple years now and has a weird fetish for old spray cans.

http://capmatchescolor.com

Pretty sure he's from the land of the free and home of the brave morbidly obese :911:

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

NitroSpazzz posted:

You should send that to me, it would be period correct paint for my new truck

Mmm tacos, throw some green salsa on those things. Excellent IMO carnita recipe that could be adapted to pressure cooker - http://www.homesicktexan.com/2008/07/carnitas-houston-style.html

Also I bought a truck last night then drove it two hours home in heavy pouring rain. It's American and Dad hasn't disowned me yet...

So how do I lower a pickup truck without completely loving up the ride? I'd like it 1.5-2 inches lower. Rear is easy enough with spacer blocks on the leaf springs but other than chopping springs in the front do I just find shorter springs and toss in appropriately short shocks?

More details on the truck needed. Most of the time drop spindles are available for the front.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Weigh day: Only down 1lb this week, but I did screw up by buying weed again a week ago because my dealer was making one last run and calling it quits. So then I got high and ate arbys. :l

Still, thats 7lbs total since feb 1st. Hopefully I can get 10 down before the month is over.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Geirskogul posted:

Good Lord, it was $3.59 then? That's like $10 today. Also, Skaggs. Haven't seen that name in, what? Two decades?

some texas redneck posted:

:stare: Skaggs isn't a name I've heard since... the late 80s I think? We had Skaggs Alpha-Beta where I grew up (which at least out there, became Jewel Osco, which then became Albertsons - probably similar in your area?).

Although that price tag doesn't look like the Skaggs Alpha Beta stickers that I remember, and proper Skaggs stores ceased to exist around 1979, if wikipedia is correct.

Or maybe 4 decades.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Depending on the truck, lowered spindles might be available. That's the way to go if possible.

This morning I saw (heard, first) a very clean looking Mazda RX-2, though from what little I could see two lanes over, it actually appeared to be a rotary-swapped Capella, since It didn't have round taillights. It was very definitely a ported rotary, though. that brap-brap was what drew my attention in the first place. It's rare enough to see an RX-7 any more, much less early rotaries, outside of a meet or show, much less one driving in morning traffic in the rain. It looked bone stock despite the ported lope of the engine. Blue with black steelies sporting trim rings and center caps. Neat. Also spotted a E30 coupe with paper plates on it in the same traffic.
Now I really want to get my '79 RX-7 back to operating condition so I can drive it a couple days a week.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

rdb posted:

More details on the truck needed. Most of the time drop spindles are available for the front.

1979 Ford Courier, basically a rebadged Mazda b2200 I believe.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
How close does it resemble this?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

NitroSpazzz posted:

1979 Ford Courier, basically a rebadged Mazda b2200 I believe.

Wow, that's a rare one. I think your probably stuck cutting springs. Or adding a heavier engine.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Cage posted:

This close

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Cage posted:

Mine isn't as :krad: I forgot to steal the sellers pictures before he took the ad down. I'll do a post your ride later

rdb posted:

Wow, that's a rare one. I think your probably stuck cutting springs. Or adding a heavier engine.
If anything I'll be going the opposite direction with a lighter engine. For a 2.3L I4 the engine in it is stupid heavy at ~420lb. I can't find anything confirming compatability between the B2200 and the Courier but from the B-Series wikipedia it sounds like the changes are mostly cosmetic.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Yesterday I saw a car in the lot that appeared to have been painted all over with dark blue spray-on bedliner. Wish I'd snapped a picture... I'll look for it again today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

oh boy thermo test in an hour

and the professor can't teach for poo poo (we spent three weeks going over the loving otto and diesel cycles over and over and over again, which literally all of you can probably recite from memory)

so ive basically had to teach myself and im not confident at all going in to this loving thing

COLLEGE

E: oh and the homework solutions he posts regularly have blatant errors on them. im talking like transposing different units which leads to wrong solutions. at least the hw is extra-credit only.

• Locked thread