Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I definitely do not enjoy the design of Stand Still and Auto Everyone At Once Kog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you aren't banning Kogmaw and Udyr every time you play then I don't know what to tell you

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
But I really hate Soraka...

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

I definitely do not enjoy the design of Stand Still and Auto Everyone At Once Kog
its my favorite part of league now that im subject to 100 ping and 400 ping lagspikes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

But I really hate Soraka...

Soraka isn't even close to banworthy right now and the reasons people ban her are 1) not understanding how good other supports are 2) that copy/paste story of the monkeys at the bottom of the stairs except the water spray is playing against pre-nerf Soraka

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I did like my Soraka support as Kog though... Just sat in lane farming until I had like 4.8k gold, bought some items and won the game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Wuntvor posted:

I did like my Soraka support as Kog though... Just sat in lane farming until I had like 4.8k gold, bought some items and won the game.

Soraka isn't a *bad* support. If my lane's win condition is "survive laning" then she's an excellent support. If she's not banned and I'm against Janna I'd play Soraka.

But she's still just a healer. She has zero engage, bad disengage, no way to peel people off of her, high mana costs, and the least CC of any support.

She's basically a laning phase gimmick support a la Brand.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Soraka isn't even close to banworthy right now and the reasons people ban her are 1) not understanding how good other supports are 2) that copy/paste story of the monkeys at the bottom of the stairs except the water spray is playing against pre-nerf Soraka

She's still unfun and popular enough that it's a fine ban. Rengar was never oppressively strong but was still banned a lot because surprise he sucks rear end to play against

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
The silence field is pretty unique though and can render certain champs dead in the water. It's always super fun to drop that on a Leblanc or Zed or whatever right after they hop in.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Like yeah if people really wanted to ban a support then Janna should always be number 1, but banning something that you don't want to play against personally is fine

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people get baited into bad fights and then the person gets healed by soraka and the general lack of agency they had frustrates them. while obviously the actual problem lies elsewhere if there was like a skill they could have dodged or whatever they feel better about dying in an incredibly stupid fashion rather than the other dude getting more hp and just killing them.

i dont bother banning soraka though, usually i just find my way to the bottom lane and kill her to collect my fat bags of gold

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

She has a high winrate still and is irritating to lane and teamfight against, especially if your team has low backline threat

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I still don't get why they moved the attack speed from q to w for kog. It meant you had to either do more damage with w or attack faster.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Kog is so broken that today I supported a Kog who used his Q and we still won.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

kingcobweb posted:

Kog is so broken that today I supported a Kog who used his Q and we still won.

A mate and I have been practicing some normals with him on Koggles and me on Nauto Supporto and we are dominating pretty much any match-up.

Preparing to use it to buy some Freelo it's that spicy right now. Even better because we both suck rear end and are in the lower silver bracket if we can just pull of some strong kills the other team will actually just rage-surrender at 20 and stop us having to actually play the game. I reckon that's that real strategy fro climbing the Silver ladder: just make their first 20min hell so that they quit rather then force you to actually play.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soraka isn't oppressively strong but she can feel really bad to lane against because a good Soraka can effectively undo anything but a kill. Good focus and harass can hurt her a lot but that is something that often gets overlooked if you're not playing on a team. I can't say how many times I've just stood back as Soraka and funneled health into my ADC while they tried to damage race him/her.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lord_Magmar posted:

I still don't get why they moved the attack speed from q to w for kog. It meant you had to either do more damage with w or attack faster.

It's because they can't figure out how to balance his new extremely loving garbage kit. I am guessing that this is to help weather some of the storm when they nerf rageblade next, but it's possible that they're just stupid.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

rabidsquid posted:

It's because they can't figure out how to balance his new extremely loving garbage kit. I am guessing that this is to help weather some of the storm when they nerf rageblade next, but it's possible that they're just stupid.

I have divined the solution to fixing Kog'maw. Move attack speed back to Q, keep the base damage value on W as-is

He no longer has incentive to ignore Q in favor of W which currently gives attack speed and range per level (with the awesome 2% max HP base).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Riot must've been really embarrassed when they were like "yeah let's buff kog in 6.3" and then the koreans still on 6.2 were like "Ok lets play shitloads of kogmaw he's already really good."

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I actually liked AP kog, it was a strong siege/anti siege pick with big powerspikes at 11 and 16, like a lux with more damage and auto enhancer but less utility and mana hungry.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

pkollar posted:

ok what streamer was it thought? GIVE US THE LINK

not anyone worth a drat

spent the entire time raging copiously at the fact that he just ran straight into danger and then expected us to magically extract him from danger

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How is Twitch? I've always really liked him, but I usually get poo poo on in lane and can't recover. Is the change to his Q enough to make him decent in the hands of scrubs?

Also dear god when will the Japanese server be up? Can anyone who knows Moon Speak find out why it's been down for like 2 weeks?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Tequila Sunrise posted:

How is Twitch? I've always really liked him, but I usually get poo poo on in lane and can't recover. Is the change to his Q enough to make him decent in the hands of scrubs?

Also dear god when will the Japanese server be up? Can anyone who knows Moon Speak find out why it's been down for like 2 weeks?

It's in testing, not for public login proper. Online already.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Gridlocked posted:

A mate and I have been practicing some normals with him on Koggles and me on Nauto Supporto and we are dominating pretty much any match-up.

Preparing to use it to buy some Freelo it's that spicy right now. Even better because we both suck rear end and are in the lower silver bracket if we can just pull of some strong kills the other team will actually just rage-surrender at 20 and stop us having to actually play the game. I reckon that's that real strategy fro climbing the Silver ladder: just make their first 20min hell so that they quit rather then force you to actually play.

Also try Braum -- his passive gets procced almost instantly by Kog and he does a better job enabling the "sit still" kog playstyle late game, but you can't go wrong with either and Naut's probably the better early game option (or, honestly, anything with Kog).

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Biowarfare posted:

It's in testing, not for public login proper. Online already.

I know it's in Beta, I played on it for like 10 days then it suddenly went offline.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Spiros posted:

If you aren't banning Kogmaw and Udyr every time you play then I don't know what to tell you

In a game today, somebody asked me to ban Jax, and I told them that I would if kog and udyr were banned by the time my pick came around. "Jax is way worse than Kog", they said.

Man, some people are super weird. I banned kog, the opposing team didn't pick jax, and we won pretty handily.

In other news, I now have over 400k mastery on Sona :toot:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I know it's in Beta, I played on it for like 10 days then it suddenly went offline.

platform/login is still up if you bypass the launcher; games don't appear to be starting though

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tequila Sunrise posted:

well jee, its almost like it was only a temporary beta

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
So I was duoing with Prokhor earlier today and things happened.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFs-53yyUoE Kindred saved my rear end, and by that I mean lost any hope of winning that game for their team.

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4U1MDEOtvI TK and Bard create the rudest gank squad in the history of league.

We do need to work on our synchronized mastery spam, however.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Support Nautilus is super legit. He goes fight hard style and don't take no poo poo, only gives poo poo.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

The Missing Link posted:

Support Nautilus is super legit. He goes fight hard style and don't take no poo poo, only gives poo poo.

As someone who is starting to take all the tanky bruisers (namely shen and poppy but also nautilus) in both the top and support role, how would you say a top lane tank like nautilus is different than a support nautilus in terms of role and items bought? (Beyond the obvious sightstone and locket for support)

Mottie fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Feb 23, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tequila Sunrise posted:

he's still pretty good at the moment, you just have to play it low and slow in the laning phase and try to go even. if they pick something without much mobility or the enemy comp is kind of squishy you'll kill everyone easy. the Q reset is really good and you can do tons of annoying stuff with it.

my build is normally something like

(enough for bf on first back) BF > runaans > IE > ghostblade
(not enough for bf) ghostblade > runaans > IE

then just whatever you need.

remember that you can tilt mid lane super hard by ganking also :)

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Mottie posted:

As someone who is starting to take all the tanky bruisers (namely shen and poppy but also nautilus) in both the top and support role, how would you say a top lane tank like nautilus is different than a support nautilus in terms of role and items bought? (Beyond the obvious sightstone and locket for support)

I can't speak much for Shen, but for Poppy and Naut Sunfire Cape is your core item for most of those tanks. In addition to the tank stats the damage and wave clear it gives you is pretty vital, and you'll want to go for it first unless you're against an AP lane. After that Iceborn Gauntlet is good for more armor, damage and CC. Armor itemization after that is kind of up to you - Deadman's is probably the best general purpose armor after those two, but Frozen Heart, Randuin's and Thornmail can be better situationally. For MR you probably want to get Spirit Visage first for the extra CDR, followed by Banshee's if you need more pure tank. Abyssal is an okay pickup on Naut if you have a serious AP threat in mid, and Hexdrinker can be decent on Poppy if you want more damage. Once it comes back Zz'rot Portal should probably fit into most builds at some point.

Also, I'm not sure it's good but my favorite Naut build is RoA, Sunfire, Iceborn, then whatever other tank stat is necessary.

As for role, both have surprising damage, but after that it depends on team comp. Naut leans more towards engage and Poppy peel, but both can do the other if needed. You mostly just want to identify whether your CC is better spent protecting your carries or making their carries life hell.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Riot reworked Kog to the point that he can't be balanced. Good work Riot. But at least now we no longer have old Kog, whose kit was too generic, which is definitely the reason he got reworked. Sure.

What is this the tenth time by now?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How good is Vi r/n she seems cool.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Vi is cool, but according to champion.gg she has been consistently dropping winrate each patch in s6. Anecdotally, I picked her up for a game because she was the first and only champ I bought with RP and I did not have any fun.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lady Naga posted:

She is a cool champ but not great in this meta.

But honestly that depends on where you're playing; she's probably decent enough in Bronze.

e: Actually not true, Vi has a 47% win rate in Bronze. So playable but sub-optimal.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

A Lesson in Taking Flash or Why The gently caress Did I Not Get an S+

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I didn't get either of the roles I wanted so I panic picked Lissandra mid and now this game is fifty minutes and I just want it to be over so I can go back to playing Sona :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I'm basically a Vi main ever since they hosed up Skarner and she's still fine right now, not sure why the winrate is down other than her not being a devourer jungler (you can play her as one but it's not really using her optimally).

• Locked thread