Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

I actually blurted out "holy poo poo" right before I scrolled down to the other reactions.

I'd love to know what additional photo magic went into these shots, purely from a curiosity standpoint. The end results are amazing and look like the product of a shitload of work.
There's your answer right there. That's a few hours of makeup and looks like sometimes some custom pieces of clothing/costume. Wouldn't be suprised if they or someone they knew was a professional costume maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Some of them are more nightmarish than others

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Ponies ruin everything. I wonder if he'll "cheat" and also use that official human/highschool versions too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

hideously good

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is that mostly just overly photoshopped or is their a prop that can make your lip cleft like that

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is that mostly just overly photoshopped or is their a prop that can make your lip cleft like that

Black eyeliner

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's makeup

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
And that's how good of a job that is.

Also, exhibit A for practical effects.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It got me to jerk away when I switched to the tab after it loaded/10

starkebn posted:

hideously good

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Local Cosplayer I've posted before, wrecks an Edward Elric. Just....well, look.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

TheDon01 posted:

There's your answer right there. That's a few hours of makeup and looks like sometimes some custom pieces of clothing/costume. Wouldn't be suprised if they or someone they knew was a professional costume maker.

I'm pretty sure that's all phi phi actually

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

E: Browser, please, this is not the time to do random emptyquotes.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Darkest Dungeon right? That's pretty badass.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
What a neck!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Yea I'm really confused what's going on under that shawl.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

For anyone wanting to share the nightmare wherever they post, because jesus christ. :gonk:;

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm like 90% sure that's Kylo Ren.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Some Numbers posted:

I'm like 90% sure that's Kylo Ren.

Light side of the Force version, apparently.

\/ Awesome!

Attack on Princess has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Feb 22, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Donnerberg posted:

Light side of the Force version, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What are you talking about? Clearly, his name is Matt.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I heard he's got an 8 pack

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

hhhat posted:

I heard he's got an 8 pack

Whoever told you that is a liar, man. I bet he weighs 30 pounds soaking wet under that little black dress.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Dude, Matt straight up SUCKS!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
His loving name is Matt, of course he's a liar.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lt. Dan Jr. is amazing.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

glorious success

it's kind of funny even a giant guy like that can't live up to Brock

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Was at a con in London this weekend and I swear there were 100% more cosplays of Matt the radar technician than Kylo Ren.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Kojiro posted:

Was at a con in London this weekend and I swear there were 100% more cosplays of Matt the radar technician than Kylo Ren.

I guess it might be simpler to achieve? All you need is a boilersuit, an orange tool vest and a hideous wig, and you're there. I've seen some cosplayers post tutorials in how to achieve Kylo's costume, and it looks like quite a lot of work, comparatively speaking.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Well it is the better character out of the 2.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Plus I mean, Kylo is pretty hard to pull off. That dude's absolutely shredded. 8 pack and everything.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

veedubfreak posted:

Well it is the better character out of the 2.

Apparently the merchandising division over at Disney got it into their heads that Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma were going to be the breakout characters of TFA with Poe Dameron coming in third, which is why there's a buttload of action figures and toys for those characters and comparatively little for Rey and Finn. I guess they thought that Kylo was going to be the new Darth Vader and Phasma was the new Boba Fett??

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently the merchandising division over at Disney got it into their heads that Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma were going to be the breakout characters of TFA with Poe Dameron coming in third, which is why there's a buttload of action figures and toys for those characters and comparatively little for Rey and Finn. I guess they thought that Kylo was going to be the new Darth Vader and Phasma was the new Boba Fett??

Tough to do when one spends the finale getting crumped by people without training, and the other gets locked in a locker on an exploding planetgun...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I guess they thought that Kylo was going to be the new Darth Vader and Phasma was the new Boba Fett??

The two characters were literal designed and intended that way, yes.

It's interesting that they thought Poe would be popular, because I heard that the production of Episode VIII was delayed because they had to hastily rewrite the script to account for the unexpected fan response to Finn, Poe and Rey.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Poe is handsome and he pilots space planes well. That's his character.
Phasma is evil??? And bossy??? And that's her character.

I'm glad they've accounted for fans' reaction, because those characters need some development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Plus I mean, Kylo is pretty hard to pull off. That dude's absolutely shredded. 8 pack and everything.

I hear his face is the best.

And you know that speech General Hux gave on the steps? Kylo Ren's would have been better. It would've had music.

• Locked thread