Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Laputanmachine posted:

That was A Good Strip.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Strong alt-text.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Strong alt-text.

The alt-text beat me to the joke.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Strong alt-text.

Oh, that's great.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Johnny Aztec posted:

Anyone ever read Spacemoose? It's pretty crude, but is also fairly clever at times.
It's sort of a proto-Achewood.

lol no

if we want to talk about webcomics that borrowed heavily from relics of the 90s, the early years of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal are really reminiscent of The Parking Lot Is Full

the confusion of ideas that leads you to classify Achewood as some kind of spiritual successor to Space Moose is a taxonomic failure nearly on par with Spaghetti's Dad

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Farmer Crack-rear end please man don't do this

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the confusion of ideas that leads you to classify Achewood as some kind of spiritual successor to Space Moose is a taxonomic failure nearly on par with Spaghetti's Dad

Man, when you talk that way, I feel like I'm sitting on the nozzle of a big metal tank that says YALE.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
can't wait till the next strip when beef and ray start a gourmet soda business

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I would like to see a storyline about how they embezzle some monies for some kind of scam, probably some kind if recipe pamphlet, before they get to that.

It can be called "101 Ways to Cook a Horse" and all of the ways include making sure it's nice and tender first.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I am enjoying the new strips quite a bit and its nice to see him getting back into the swing of the characters again

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Next time I have to apologise to a member of the public for my workmates is I am going to use Ray's appliance line

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Good strip.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sizone posted:

can't wait till the next strip when beef and ray start a gourmet soda business
Didn't you read the alt text? The next strip is gonna be about them getting coffee somewhere else.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Zereth posted:

Didn't you read the alt text? The next strip is gonna be about them getting coffee somewhere else.
Or Teodor getting coffee and fantasizing about the barista until he gets angry at himself. Or Pat getting mad that his local coffee lounge is out of fair-trade homeopathic Cafe-Etiquette blend, so he settles for a Notta Latte Guilt chai-essence water. Or Lyle yelling at an off-screen gas station attendant that the coffee tastes like junkie piss. The possibilities are endless with Achewood.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Cats in Cars Getting Coffee, featuring Ray Smucklesfeld.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
lyle getting mad that someone offers to dildo his coffee for an additional dollar

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope this is part of a coffee arc.

e: Also, were there really 11 achewood threads before 2009 and just this one since?

Corek fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 21, 2016

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
this forum didn't used to be dead nor did achewood

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sizone posted:

this forum didn't used to be dead nor did achewood

I do know there used to be individual threads for every Family Guy and Community episode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Corek posted:

I do know there used to be individual threads for every Family Guy and Community episode.

Also the servers were pretty bad and threads were only permitted to exist until a thousand posts.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
servers had to be improved to handle gbs 2.0 im gay posts

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

Also the servers were pretty bad and threads were only permitted to exist until a thousand posts.

Oh, that explains it. I think that was finally fixed for good after the endless LF fast-posting election megathreads in 2008 broke the forums.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It'd probably be a wise idea to make a new thread just cuz this one's so drat old.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yeah, maybe after a year we'd hit the 10 page mark.
Possibly make a new thread if Onstad keeps up with new strips enough to be regular.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It'd probably be a wise idea to make a new thread just cuz this one's so drat old.
I feel like an old, worn-out thread fits the current state of Achewood well.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Zereth posted:

I feel like an old, worn-out thread fits the current state of Achewood well.

hell, it suits me just fine gya ha ha

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
omg....can this mean...are we only a few years from...the chatsack triple play..?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Tarranon posted:

omg....can this mean...are we only a few years from...the chatsack triple play..?

Lmao if you triple play. I use Solo, by Chatsack with Karl Lagerfeld.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
If anyone watches Better Call Saul, yesterday's episode involved a man who spends lavish amounts of money unwisely and a legal defense involving his unusual tastes in baked goods-related erotica. Seemed somehow familiar.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha no doubt every Achewood reader had the same thought, made an already hilarious scene even better

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This front page article seems very Achewoody.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Orgasm Wheelchair

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

"You're not "just" a door knob. It's only one aspect of you. Tell them about your poetry." seriously needs to end up as a future alt-text.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Achewood's back, and so is my lumbago.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 26, 2016

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
:siren:New strip:siren:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"It's as bad as its ever been again" is a pretty neat line. I liked the strip but it felt a little stretched through the middle. The obvious punchline of Philippe picking absolutely the wrong way to phrase his message is fun though, and I love the alt text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I thought the assement of Australia was deeply insightful.