Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Skipping CPAC is one of the worst things you could do at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

docbeard posted:

I'm gonna guess this is also one of things that people "warn against" with a subtext of "please God please let it happen I wanna live in Mad Max land I'm sure I wouldn't be eaten."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZo5PqvEak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5tG3fC2XSU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Xenophon posted:

It's even better when noted white shitbags like Darrell Issa wade in!
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/702144304681197572

Harry Reid agrees: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/09/obama.reid/

quote:

The authors quote Reid as saying privately that Obama, as a black candidate, could be successful thanks, in part, to his "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

"He [Reid] was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,' " Halperin and Heilemann say.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Xenophon posted:

Jebbian levels of competence

It's almost like Cruz is suffering Jeb!'s death curse.

He was aiming at Trump, of course--a final display of Jebbian incompetence.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
CRUZ STAFFER GOES ROGUE: “Campaign Is Done… He Cannot Win the Nomination”
David Limbaugh - Suggested Cruz Campaign Reboot: Show, Don't Tell

Cruz needs to win tonight.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Skipping CPAC is one of the worst things you could do at this point.

Agreed - Skipping CPAC is a slap in the face.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Why does it make it correct or OK for Republicans to say these things just because a Democrat did it once?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
id rather have to buy bottled water than not getting emp'd tbh

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/rupertmurdoch/status/651924724960874497

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Wow i thought that sounded like tabloid drivel but honestly if Halperin and Heileman agree it happened then I believe it. "Negro dialect" lol, reminiscent of that apocryphal LBJ quote.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Patter Song posted:

Re: EMP:

The GOP must have coined the innovative "just spam Science Vessels" strategy in Starcraft.

"Obama fails to understand that multiple irradiated science vessels in our SCV line would take out our entire grid. We need to build the appropriate amount of missile turrets to combat this grave threat. The turrets would also massively help us defend against Reaver and Dark Templar drops". - Newt Gingrich

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Aside from his weirdly referring to it as a "Negro dialect", Reid was basically right. Obama intentionally played to primarily white and primarily black audiences in different ways during the election. He had to walk on eggshells around white audiences to avoid coming across as an 'angry black man" stereotype.

Not sure what any of this has to do with whatever batshit point Carson is trying to make, though.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

I can see why Rubio would worry about an EMP attack

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
:lol: skipping cpac? Really Rubio?

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
The GOP establishment piling onto someone so bafflingly incompetent is a beautiful thing

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Rubio's strategy with CPAC seems to be that if he's not getting dunked on by Trump in person, it doesn't count

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Oli posted:

I can see why Rubio would worry about an EMP attack

:lol:

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Despera posted:

Yes an electro magnetic pulse pulse is technically what I said but it will be a cold day in hell before I let a "p" be the verb in my sentences.

Despera posted:

The only known way to create an emp pulse is a nuclear explosion.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

nachos posted:

:lol: skipping cpac? Really Rubio?
Don't you see? Skipping things is how Rubio goes to them.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

That probably would help me get Ready for Hillary, to be fair.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Well Master Shake can stop his show prep work early today, just rant about Rubio and CPAC for three hours with some occasional callers here and there parroting the same things he said minutes earlier.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

neonnoodle posted:

Don't you see? Skipping things is how Rubio goes to them.

And losing is how he wins. He is the Opposite Day candidate.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

You know which other Florida politician completely blew his appearance at CPAC?

He is gone, but is still with us in spirit.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

This is the second time he's used this phrase in this exact situation. Has he fired a lot of dogs in his lifetime? What is going on with Donald Trump?

It's reasonable to assume he fired them for lying.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Do It Once Right posted:

Kasich will always be there, everyone will be there.

Rubio is a mess.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Nichael posted:

It's surprising that this hasn't happened to larger degree already. The people concerned with political correctness that the right fights so hard against seem quiet considering what Trump gets away with, and what he's running for. I actually think that's generally true of the left's presence on the internet as a whole. Its political capital is often used against people who ultimately don't matter significantly, while blowback for people running for office and elected officials seems almost muted in a relative sense. A decent example would be the "cancel Colbert" hashtag from a few years ago that blew up on Twitter despite its target being entirely benign.

theyre too busy being mansplained to by the FBI for tweeting variations of "I will kill donald trump"

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Maybe Rubio really is anti-white if he's refusing to go to CPAC

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Do It Once Right posted:

Looks like a cartoon character. I love it.

Despera posted:

Yes an electro magnetic pulse pulse is technically what I said but it will be a cold day in hell before I let a "p" be the verb in my sentences.

the p in EMP is a noun.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/702194423048699905

even after his defeat he cannot leave Jeb alone

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pathetic little tramp posted:

Here's the Finn who is donating money to Ted Cruz:

https://twitter.com/mikkolaakso

Unfortunately he speaks Finnish which, as a speaker of all 3 Scandinavian languages, I can solemnly assert is a loser garbage language from the fuckshits of hell that no one should ever try to speak, so I can't tell what kind of terrorism he's plotting.

Is that where last names are derived from parents' first names, so lineage is extremely hard to trace and they had to make a smartphone app to tell you if you're trying to gently caress your cousin or not

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
what the gently caress is going on.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Drink your Fireball with style and class.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Do It Once Right posted:

His pants seem to actually fit, I'll give the man that.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

UIApplication posted:

Is that where last names are derived from parents' first names, so lineage is extremely hard to trace and they had to make a smartphone app to tell you if you're trying to gently caress your cousin or not

No, that would be Iceland.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Jeb! supporters found that this woman was wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl1PNXYKZOQ

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Hillary is already losing Florida in general election polling. Of REGISTERED voters.

Obama barely hung onto it with 50% in 2012. Florida is going GOP.

Probably Ohio too. Again, Obama barely held on at about 50%. Ohio has a popular Republican governor at the moment.

The real big question mark for me is Virginia. Again, slim Obama win at 50%, BUT Virginia just gets bluer and bluer every year because of the population and wealth growth of the NOVA government parasites.

It's why I think the electability argument favors Trump, not Rubio. Popular vote doesn't matter, nor does state level margin of victory. Trump winning Florida and Ohio close is just as good as Rubio winning them by 5 points. And Rubio losing VA by a point or 2 is just as bad as Trump getting blown out. But Trump has the potential to replace Virginia and replace the western swing states by causing a shift in the electoral map, which we seem kind of due for since the map and the swing states has been pretty consistent since 2000. He could potentially bring a state like Michigan into play.

Clinton running up votes against Trump in California, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, etc. because of his immigration stance doesn't matter. She's not taking any Romney states from him, and she is NOT going to match Obama's black turnout and hold onto states like FL and Ohio. And Trump's immigration stance will not hurt him ONE BIT in rust belt states he could potentially push into the swing state category.

Hillary Clinton could win the popular vote over Trump by a larger margin than Gore did over Bush because of steamrolling him in diverse blue states and it won't matter as long as Trump wins the electoral vote.

Oh yeah Boosted talking about gen election polling this is the good stuff

I just got a little bit nostalgiac about 2012.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Seriously.

What the gently caress is going on?

What in the world is Marco Rubio doing??

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think Ted Cruz just had to sniff back tears on stage talking about "The Reagan Revolution".

I had to hold back vomit myself.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

UIApplication posted:

I think that's Iceland.

I'm pretty sure everyone is everyone else's cousin in Iceland though, so the app really just lies to you to make you feel better about porking your cuz.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Skipping CPAC tells all the people who call phonebank, canvas, get out the vote, etc that you don't give a poo poo about them. Rubio just told the party activists who are the machinery of any campaign to drop dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

Seriously.

What the gently caress is going on?

What in the world is Marco Rubio doing??

Marco Rubio is a poo poo candidate.

• Locked thread