Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

I want both :goonsay:

edit: also, my Poe ALWAYS shoots second, so I too avoid Poe. I don't even know why, my speed is as high as it can be, the defensive Poe always goes first.

Don't get me started. I know people are going to say "RNG" and "The sample size is too small!", but their Poe goes before my Poe almost every single time. It's maddening because that determines the victor every single time. I regularly go 1-4 or 0-5 because of it, despite having a higher powered team. It's still the Poe arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

Don't get me started. I know people are going to say "RNG" and "The sample size is too small!", but their Poe goes before my Poe almost every single time. It's maddening because that determines the victor every single time. I regularly go 1-4 or 0-5 because of it, despite having a higher powered team. It's still the Poe arena.

I faced a max geared 4* Poe last night.

He went first, because * level doesn't affect your speed. Yeah, I lost, why do you ask?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

I faced a max geared 4* Poe last night.

He went first, because * level doesn't affect your speed. Yeah, I lost, why do you ask?

Exactly. A level 4 Poe should not go before a higher level Poe. And Poe's level doesn't matter because it's the turn reduction that makes the difference. The heavy hitters on the team will kill 2 or 3 of my guys before I can even get a chance. Repeat 5 times a day.

I honestly wish he was removed from the game, and, again, I say that as someone who has had a max Poe since forever.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Todays arena battle is the thrilling fight between me and that motherfucker Kelly and his lovely Nightsister team who keeps trading places with me on the ladder between spot #63 and #74, over-and-over-and-over again.

gently caress you Kelly :argh:

(Joking aside, seems like the usual crew I've been around have been pushed down ~20 spots in the ladder since the weekend, it's always harder during the weekend and getting back up in ranks is very dependent on not getting in a catfight like this wasting "tries").

Nightsister teams appear awful on the defensive. They got like 1-2 characters that can hit worth a drat (Asajj is both slow and got bad AI that translates into 1/3 the number of attacks). To top it off they don't got any decent tanks and lackluster healing. If they had some sort of Tusken-like assist call-in move they might amount to something.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 23, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Hello friends here is a summary of pvp in this game

Dodged
Deflected
Resisted
Dodged
Dodged

Then Dooku takes 598324382908693502 turns in a row

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 23, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Had my first curb stomp in GW today. Starting with the 4th battle faced constant teams of 5 7* L70 characters. Hadn't had that before, got to the 3rd from last before running out of steam.

Biggest thing is note to self: Do not give up a Healer until the last 3 battles no matter how favorable it seems at the time. I also really need to take the energy away from farming to gear up FOTP and Rey. VI gear just doesn't cover it even if they are backbenchers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Hello friends here is a summary of pvp in this game

Dodged
Deflected
Resisted
Dodged
Dodged

Then Dooku takes 598324382908693502 turns in a row

I had a Dooku take 1 swing at 3 different characters in sequence yesterday.

I don't even know how that is possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He counters everyone that hits him in an assist, and an assist attack that procs Phasma can mean 3 attackers.

That's the only way I can think of off hand. Dooku's made of glass though so to hit him with 3 characters and not kill him is some poo poo luck.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any goons have valid ally codes? Ideally some over powered to gently caress so I can blast missions. Started yesterday so be handy to have a decent ally or 10.

Is the newbie guide in the OP still mostly valid?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

Had my first curb stomp in GW today. Starting with the 4th battle faced constant teams of 5 7* L70 characters. Hadn't had that before, got to the 3rd from last before running out of steam.

Biggest thing is note to self: Do not give up a Healer until the last 3 battles no matter how favorable it seems at the time. I also really need to take the energy away from farming to gear up FOTP and Rey. VI gear just doesn't cover it even if they are backbenchers.

My gold standard for bench used to be 40 IV gear.

At level 70 it needs to be more like 60 VI to actually do more than soak cooldowns.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I wish I could get out of the matchmaking bracket hell server I'm on because I've never broken rank 1000 but I still hit 7 star teams in GW at fight 4 or 5.

I'm not level 60 yet, and I have, at best, a single five star. Good game design, very fun.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Tai posted:

Any goons have valid ally codes? Ideally some over powered to gently caress so I can blast missions. Started yesterday so be handy to have a decent ally or 10.

555-233-889. Got a maxed out Daka for dark side for you.

And the newbie guide in the OP is still relevant. The only thing that might have changed would be that it's now generally recommended to buy exactly 1 chromium pack, as the first one is guaranteed to net you a character, so you might luck out and get a Dooku. Otherwise, stick to refreshes for your crystal spends.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

And the newbie guide in the OP is still relevant. The only thing that might have changed would be that it's now generally recommended to buy exactly 1 chromium pack, as the first one is guaranteed to net you a character, so you might luck out and get a Dooku. Otherwise, stick to refreshes for your crystal spends.
IIRC you only get LS farmable champions (including HM farmable poo poo like Ewok Scout)

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

He counters everyone that hits him in an assist, and an assist attack that procs Phasma can mean 3 attackers.

That's the only way I can think of off hand. Dooku's made of glass though so to hit him with 3 characters and not kill him is some poo poo luck.

Dooku can pretty easily survive 3 basic attacks if the assist characters come with average-to-poor base damage (1200-2300 average/hit). For say, QGJ to work you need at least 3-4 attackers/glass cannons in the team (him included). I will have 6 star Dooku and QGJ within a couple of days so I'll see what kind of gently caress-you Phasma team I can make then (if I only had Daka at 6 stars too...).

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Tai posted:

Still at 15/35 allies, code is 148-287-955.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Mooktastical posted:

Great thanks. Levelling light at the mo if anyone has any rape heroes.

Bought a chrom pack and only got some 2 star dude sadly.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Patch info was datamined.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/477x13/datamined_new_patch_info/

quote:

Lando Calrissian in Cantina Battles
General Grievous available in the Shard Shop
Magna Guard and Royal Guard appear to be updated
Grievous Leader Ability: All enemies have -10% Critical Chance.
Basic Ability: Deal physical damage to target enemy. This attack can't be Evaded or Countered.
Special Ability: Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 35% chance to inflict Healing Immunity for 1 turn.
Special Ability: Inflict Health Down on all enemies for 2 turns, with a 25% chance to remove 22.5% Turn Meter. This chance is doubled against Jedi enemies.
Unique Ability: Grievous has +5% Max Health for each living Droid ally. In addition, whenever Grievous falls below 50% Health, he will force a random ally to Taunt for 1 turn if no ally is currently Taunting for him. If he does, that ally also gains 100% Turn Meter.
New Pack Option: Aurodium Data Pack
This data pack guarantees the following 5 drops:
1st Drop: CT-7567 “REX” character shards OR character
2nd Drop:5 Synergy character shards (CT-5555 OR Plo Koon, OR Clone Sergeant Phase 1)
3rd Drop: 100K Credits
4th Drop: 10 4-star Training Droids
5th Drop: 2 Ability Material MK III
Grievous Sneak Peak: https://i.imgur.com/zv796ZC.png
New power up bundles for daka, darth maul, koth, greedo, luminara, poggle New Event:Scoundrel Showdown Event Rewards(3 difficiulties): First Time Reward: 50 Crystals and 350,000 Credits Base Reward: 150,000 Credits
First Time Reward: 125 Crystals and 700,000 Credits Base Reward: 300,000 Credits
First Time Reward: 200 Crystals and 1,400,000 Credits Base Reward: 600,000 Credits More to come :)

Lando will be farmable, confirmed the scoundrel event is next. I'm not even going to pretend I'll have a scoundrel team ready in time. Nope.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What would a farmable, all-jedi squad even look like in the current meta?

QGJ
Lumi
Yoda
Eeth Koth
Mace?

commish posted:

Patch info was datamined.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/477x13/datamined_new_patch_info/

Lando will be farmable, confirmed the scoundrel event is next. I'm not even going to pretend I'll have a scoundrel team ready in time. Nope.

Jesus Christ, man... Grievous sounds like a god drat nightmare.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 23, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

-crit chance gonna be a Greedo nightmare

There are only 3 difficulties but no word of Han shards so... Ugh

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Nightmare? He tops out at 97 speed. His only real strength is giving 88 100 turn meter. I think I am much more interested in farmable Lando that slow ads grevius.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
After reading how good dooku was, I thought I'd try get lucky on that dark side starter pack with a chance to get him and ended up with veers :(

Should I focus on light or dark side battles or does it make no difference.

Tai fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 23, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

Nightmare? He tops out at 97 speed. His only real strength is giving 88 100 turn meter. I think I am much more interested in farmable Lando that slow ads grevius.

Lando is also pretty slow, iirc. But I guess I'll farm him because I'll eventually need some scoundrels.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Hit lvl 70 today, if anyone needs an ally code is
979-723-263

I have like 17 spots open as of right now.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Would it really kill them to add a character to GW shipments rather than yet another Cantina person?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Tai posted:

After reading how good dooku was, I thought I'd try get lucky on that dark side starter pack with a chance to get him and ended up with veers :(

Should I focus on light or dark side battles or does it make no difference.

No difference. You can get dooku from the last cantina squad battle, farming him now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenris13 posted:

Undodgeable?
Healing Immunity?
Turn Meter Fuckery?
If you try to blast him down first, he has the potential to force you to attack a counter character.

I'm just saying, chalk another one up to the RNG squad. Imagine him on a team with Fives, Dooku, Kylo, and ???

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Undodgeable?
Healing Immunity?
Turn Meter Fuckery?
If you try to blast him down first, he has the potential to force you to attack a counter character.

I'm just saying, chalk another one up to the RNG squad. Imagine him on a team with Fives, Dooku, Kylo, and ???

And Barriss lead. Or Poe, for the Aoe fuckery.

I wouldn't have too much problem with that team. Kylo's neutered by an early stun or ability block once he pops his AOE, and QGJ'S humbling blow makes tanks have a really bad time. Fives can be safely ignored and left for last in 100% of battles, with or without that taunt.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Undodgeable?
Healing Immunity?
Turn Meter Fuckery?

He has less than 10k HP and sub 2000 attack and 100 speed if the max stats on the right are to be believed. I don't think anyone is going to accuse him of being overpowered anytime soon.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Pimpmust posted:

Dooku can pretty easily survive 3 basic attacks if the assist characters come with average-to-poor base damage (1200-2300 average/hit). For say, QGJ to work you need at least 3-4 attackers/glass cannons in the team (him included). I will have 6 star Dooku and QGJ within a couple of days so I'll see what kind of gently caress-you Phasma team I can make then (if I only had Daka at 6 stars too...).

If you're theorycrafting new additions, I'm thinking Phasma QGJ GS Daka Dooku gives you the most bang for your assist team buck. QGJ and Dooku can potentially whip out triple attacks in the first round, QGJ and Dooku get meter from being pulled in, and Daka's stun is cash money. QGJ led Yoda teams with multiple glass cannons, especially of the Leia or Rey variety, will be a problem, but you should still be a giant pain in the dick on defense.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
General Grievous has been released on iOS and he looks cool as poo poo for a droid team, so of course he is only available in the Shard Shop

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Kegslayer posted:

He has less than 10k HP and sub 2000 attack and 100 speed if the max stats on the right are to be believed. I don't think anyone is going to accuse him of being overpowered anytime soon.

Just by his health alone he NEEDS to be on a Droid-only team (of course whales will find a way to bypass this, maybe with the improved Royal Guard?) But his abilities are fantastic and unique, I like the -% stats thing. The crap Speed is the bad thing really, if he could lower everyone's health BEFORE IG88 and IG86 did their thing you could get team wipes round 1.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The problem right now is defense needs a rework. Hard hitting shouldn't mean members of a team are 1 shot before they can act. It's terrible right now. The only saving grace is a tank with taunt. I'm not really sure why characters are labeled a tank without taunt either. Right now there are two things that matter hp and attack. Hp scaling isn't keeping up with attack. Once you offense up and bring assists in it gets loving stupid really fast. Characters are able to do like 7k non crits. 11k cents, assists, double attacks. It's just completely out of control and unfun.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So does Grievous just have a chance at showing up in the shop like everyone else or is he going to be there every day?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

The problem right now is defense needs a rework. Hard hitting shouldn't mean members of a team are 1 shot before they can act. It's terrible right now. The only saving grace is a tank with taunt. I'm not really sure why characters are labeled a tank without taunt either. Right now there are two things that matter hp and attack. Hp scaling isn't keeping up with attack. Once you offense up and bring assists in it gets loving stupid really fast. Characters are able to do like 7k non crits. 11k cents, assists, double attacks. It's just completely out of control and unfun.

You're 100% right but I want to see how Royal Guard affects things. His new abilities seem designed to slow the game down, and if he works like everyone thinks he will it will be a game-changer and a sign that CG is at least TRYING to swing things back the other way a bit.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
When you do "find" on the blow dryers, the Agility challenge comes up.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

oops wrong forum posted:

You're 100% right but I want to see how Royal Guard affects things. His new abilities seem designed to slow the game down, and if he works like everyone thinks he will it will be a game-changer and a sign that CG is at least TRYING to swing things back the other way a bit.

I have a Royal guard that I could get to 6*. Maybe I'll try a Poe, RG, FOTP, Geo Soldier, Poggle team. Or replace Poggle with Sidious/ Dooku.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Mol Eliza do your read this forum? Cause you regularly wrek me in galactic war

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Grievous Shards are also more expensive than any other shard from the shop at 225 shard shop currency per shard he requires 18000 shard shop currency to get. Meaning 1200 shards for characters that you have already gotten to 7 shards to unlock him at 4 stars. He will need another 3750 7 stared character shards converting into 56250 shard shop shards to get to 7 stars. Seriously WTF his shards are 1.5 times more expensive than anyone else and he is only from the shard shop.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Fallorn posted:

Grievous Shards are also more expensive than any other shard from the shop at 225 shard shop currency per shard he requires 18000 shard shop currency to get. Meaning 1200 shards for characters that you have already gotten to 7 shards to unlock him at 4 stars. He will need another 3750 7 stared character shards converting into 56250 shard shop shards to get to 7 stars. Seriously WTF his shards are 1.5 times more expensive than anyone else and he is only from the shard shop.

Whales gotta whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

vrath posted:

Mol Eliza do your read this forum? Cause you regularly wrek me in galactic war

Lol

• Locked thread