Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Cnut the Great posted:

I literally don't understand. Just...why? Why?

Why?
Any chance he's got a substance abuse issue going on? He seems to be making a habit of missing appointments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WEAK LIKE BABY

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

As much as I miss Jeb, I'm going to miss Carson even more.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Cefte posted:

Any chance he's got a substance abuse issue going on? He seems to be making a habit of missing appointments.

Just following Rubio's example!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Xenophon posted:

I'm taking notes for those who can't watch

Thank you

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Can you send a crane to get this poor gentleman down from The Wall?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

a shameful boehner posted:

Just following Rubio's example!

I don't think that dick counts as a 'substance'. :rolleyes:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cefte posted:

How could you not have a substance abuse issue if you were a non-Trump entrant in the GOP primary?

Peachstapler posted:

Can you send a crane to get this poor gentleman down from The Wall?

This was great.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I meant Rubio, but comms guy works too!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

yeah that'd be interesting data to keep in mind as poo poo shakes out after he presumably wins this insanity. i feel like the usual conclusion is that conservatives are more authoritarian but it'd need to be consistent with the methodology that went into this article. i don't have time to read it rn and I'm on my phone I'll try to remember to read that article later

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/donald-trump-2016-authoritarian-213533

Found another article by Matthew MacWilliams who's been harping this authoritarian point for a while now it seems. In his poll authoritarians make up 49% of Republicans, 39% of Independents, and 17% of Democrats. And these numbers all rise significantly then decline again after something like a terrorist attack.

One well timed terrorist attack away from a Trump Presidency because the Republicans have continually stoked the resentment of their base and the Press has become completely ineffectual.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Legit think that people are voting for Trump just because they can't imagine how cray it would be.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Rocks posted:

who else is talking about these two stories other than Freep, Breitbart, and Somethingawful dot com

Twitter has had CPAC trending for hours now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

so loving future posted:

Legit think that people are voting for Trump just because they can't imagine how cray it would be.

That's definitely why I'm supporting him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Rubio is afraid of going off-script

Trump's entire script is the word "WALL" underlined like four times

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Is that coonskin cap kid at about :20? This would be a major endorsement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76cEnbrgHkY&t=10s

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
"The New York Times, or "The Failing New York Times" as I call it"

He really is the master of keeping it simple

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Donald Trump's governing philosophy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXU2vZTTeMU&t=29s

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Maybe all Trump supporters are just accelerationists, makes you think

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Trump is really doing an injustice by not building a giant wall to each of his rallies, a la pink floyd

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
The words "President Trump" scare me

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

"we're gonna keep Gitmo open, and trust me, we're gonna load it up with some bad dudes! LOAD IT UP!" - trump, just now

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

HJE-Cobra posted:

The words "President Trump" scare me

Me too, but not even close to as much as:

- President Cruz
- President Rubio
- President Kasich
- President Carson

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

"The New York Times, or "The Failing New York Times" as I call it"

He really is the master of keeping it simple

Ancient Greek storytellers used to use tics like that for flow and memory reasons

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Rubio is a fraud and will get the biggest rear end whooping in political history by Hillary if he's nominated.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Aliquid posted:

Ancient Greek storytellers used to use tics like that for flow and memory reasons

telamonian ajax? great guy, worked with him before. did some deals. picky about his armor, but a good guy.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
For all the idiotic 'trump has 0 chance' nonsense, he will most likely finish this up quicker than romney, lmao.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Yes, Steve King, you shitsack, I can imagine Trump giving a State of the Union address or standing at a presidential podium giving a speech with that demeanour. I think it would be hilarious and excellent. Go gently caress yourself.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
God drat but do I love reading retarded liberals desperately trying to convince themselves that Trump has no chance against Hillary in the general. Hillary's unfavourables are just as bad you realise?

Where can I read more of this?

My favourite is liberals who admit Trump is a way more progressive candidate than Shillary, and this makes them worried that Hillary might not win. The gently caress is wrong with you?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/23/marco-rubio-launches-truth-squad-to-help-fight-supposed-dirty-tricks-of-ted-cruz/

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if youve talked yourself into believing the guy who quotes urban legends about black jack pershing executing muslims with pig-bullets is the "more progressive" option, you should probably take a break from this thread

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Bush did 9/11
Rubio did Benghazi
Cruz is the Zodiac Killer
Carson tried to kill friends and family.

They're the strongest field of GOP candidates in years and they'll kill anyone who says otherwise.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

TRUTH SQUAD,

ASSEMBLE!!!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I'm not nervous, I'm very confident that the GOP cannot win without an absolutely massive gamechanger happening.

At the end of the day, the GOP has to win every single swing state with nominee with record breaking unfavourables, leading a smaller, splintered party (compared to the Dems).

Or you know, the Midwest where free trade agremeents and illegal immigration has absolutely buttfucked the manufacturing industry there. Let's also remember that Trump is pro-union.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Rubio is clearly too lazy to prep beyond a few soundbites so I am extra excited about a 1 on 1 between him and Trump

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
http://i.imgur.com/TdvpvKt.gifv

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

paranoid randroid posted:

if youve talked yourself into believing the guy who quotes urban legends about black jack pershing executing muslims with pig-bullets is the "more progressive" option, you should probably take a break from this thread

No no no, see, he's just, uh, what's the phrase? Telling it like it is :smug:

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/702238990577995776
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/702240639128219649Trump wins

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Trump: "We're playing chess here.. at a high level."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

paranoid randroid posted:

Once upon a time "progressive" didn't mean the biggest SJW.

But sure, let's pretend that the neoliberal owned by goldman sachs, who voted for the iraq war is more progressive than the guy who wants tarriffs, protectionism, massive infrastructure investment and no more war because she only supports policies that lead to minorities being imprisoned and doesn't say mean things.

• Locked thread