Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

that reminds me, demon's souls is a good game and I should do a run of it some time before DS3 comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont get that impression from it at all. to me it looks like a big gross useless lump of meat, which it basically is. the cinematic quite literally looks like a miscarriage

I agree that it looks like a horrible mess, but when the moon shits out a Lovecraftian monster you think its going to be a little harder to beat. I at least I did.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's what the moon presence is, I think. Like what the one reborn was supposed to look like if they didn't leave the oven on too long or something.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Summoning the elder gods and their servants is hard.

That's why I usually ignore Arcane and just hit everything until it dies.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just cheesed the undead giant v.2 with the bowblade, since i've beaten him legit 4 or 5 times, and i don't feel like doing it again.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg7MBZjzmOE

somehow someone got up to the top of the room in central pthemeru and left messages. it's one of those pieces with the gnarled trees on the side. it's in the main one for the story chalices, if you want to go look.

anyone know how the gently caress that happens? lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
btw funny bborne trivia....arcane means complicated and confusing to a layperson

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig 1st phase started using a move I've never seen before.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

In Training posted:

Ludwig 1st phase started using a move I've never seen before.

Did you have zero insight or anything. I've been keeping my eye out for more stuff like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It wasn't crazy or anything it's just kind of a galloping half leap forward that doesn't look too much different from his weakest attack but it one shots me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want this.

http://twitter.com/giwamasa/status/702785155883139072

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i gave the DS designworks as a gift, and was sorry to see it go. they're always very, very nicely done.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
the micolash fight music reminds me of the music from the endless staircase in super mario 64

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've never played a souls game before and this is my fav PS4 game. I've beaten it 4 times, got all the trophies but I still turn the game on every couple of days to help noobs with bosses.

The other day I helped some chump kill Gehrman and me and the other cooperator dude surrounded the beckoner and we both did the exact same victory pose on the exact same frame and it was epic as hell,.. Never hit the "save video "button so fast in my life :hellyeah:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

I've never played a souls game before and this is my fav PS4 game. I've beaten it 4 times, got all the trophies but I still turn the game on every couple of days to help noobs with bosses.

The other day I helped some chump kill Gehrman and me and the other cooperator dude surrounded the beckoner and we both did the exact same victory pose on the exact same frame and it was epic as hell,.. Never hit the "save video "button so fast in my life :hellyeah:

play the other souls games if you like it :-) theyre mostly all as good as eachother. play 2 last though.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Prima games just announced a special edition dark souls 3 guide that includes art and a replica estus flask

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

play the other souls games if you like it :-) theyre mostly all as good as eachother. play 2 last though.

i duno, I've never liked the olde plate armor art style. I am really into Bloodborne's aesthetic, especially poo poo like cainhurst + every time I saw someone playing a souls game they're just lurching around slowly with a shield and looking at loading screens and it looks boring as gently caress. not sure if I'm going to try dark souls 3 tbh. Would love a bloodborne 2 but that'll prob never happen :<

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

Prima games just announced a special edition dark souls 3 guide that includes art and a replica estus flask

Oh poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

i duno, I've never liked the olde plate armor art style. I am really into Bloodborne's aesthetic, especially poo poo like cainhurst + every time I saw someone playing a souls game they're just lurching around slowly with a shield and looking at loading screens and it looks boring as gently caress. not sure if I'm going to try dark souls 3 tbh. Would love a bloodborne 2 but that'll prob never happen :<

You can play it without a shield too. There's about as many loading screens as Bloodborne probably

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

what's up with the coop in tihs game? been trying to find someone to coop (as the assistant not beckoner) for an hour now and nothing...

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

what's up with the coop in tihs game? been trying to find someone to coop (as the assistant not beckoner) for an hour now and nothing...

hang out by a lamp or boss door....the more messengers around the lamp, the more players online in that area

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

you shouldve kicked his rear end for screwing himself out of a good final boss by summoning

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

iw ish i'd done gehrman before the dlc because adfter maria he'd just not as threatening

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

Its fair to say that Bloodborne has a different aesthetic than the rest, and I agree, but they all have rock solid gameplay. DS3 looks pretty Bloodborne influenced too, you should give it a try.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i unplugged my ps4 on thanksgiving and haven't plugged it in sense and i think i'lm still at lady maria oops

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm in the same boat as you, but today I started playing SotFS cause I was able to pick it up for cheap a little while back. Definitely similar but just different enough to screw me up a little, like someone was talking about earlier about not walking while healing, no quickstep, etc. So it took me longer than I wanted to get to the first boss, but then he was moving like he was underwater and was no problem.

It was awesome when I climbed up on some roof and some Gundam Knight flew in out of nowhere and murdered me though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Flying Squirrel posted:

I'm in the same boat as you, but today I started playing SotFS cause I was able to pick it up for cheap a little while back. Definitely similar but just different enough to screw me up a little, like someone was talking about earlier about not walking while healing, no quickstep, etc. So it took me longer than I wanted to get to the first boss, but then he was moving like he was underwater and was no problem.

It was awesome when I climbed up on some roof and some Gundam Knight flew in out of nowhere and murdered me though.

all the enemies in dark souls 2 do the same three 3 combo over and over, forever

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

mysterious loyall X posted:

all the enemies in dark souls 2 do the same three 3 combo over and over, forever

Yeah, starting to figure this out.

Is the effigy thing the only way to unhollow?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can complete co-op summons to unhollow too

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Theres one boss who has a slightly different version of this animation and shes the hardest boss in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fiction posted:

Theres one boss who has a slightly different version of this animation and shes the hardest boss in the game.

Who's that?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't even think of a boss in ds2 that I can't beat in a couple of tries now. Does he mean nashandra
Non dlc bosses that is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no way it's nashandra lol. She's a joke

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

There's no way it's nashandra lol. She's a joke

There are only three other lady bosses I can think of

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I was talking about Aava actually

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's a lion

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
a lion can be a lady. it's 2k16 now.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Fume Knight is still a bitch Alonne would be a great boss if you had the BB dodge

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think it's time for a break cause last night while drifting off to sleep I thought about the 2016 election and for a moment I visualized obama shedding blue mist with his arms outstretched and exploding when he stops being president :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a lion can be a lady. it's 2k16 now.

You right