Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Kill Six Billion Imperialists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
World War I/Death Korps of Kreig-looking mofo in the lower left. Interesting what with the author's comment that the demiurges keep firearm technology on the level of flintlocks.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Dr Christmas posted:

World War I/Death Korps of Kreig-looking mofo in the lower left. Interesting what with the author's comment that the demiurges keep firearm technology on the level of flintlocks.

Where are those comments made?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

To hoarde the better stuff for themselves, so Mottom may have more advanced guns.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Where are those comments made?

Off the main site, I don't remember where.

MikeJF posted:

To hoarde the better stuff for themselves, so Mottom may have more advanced guns.

Jagganoth has most of the modern military hardware.

Crushing the local knowledge of technology is probably one of the first things the demiurges do when they take over. Magic is easier to concentrate in the hands of the chosen few.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Currently I can't tell if I'm more excited to gawk at whatever ridiculous luxuries await in Mottom's lavish digs (it's objectively impossible that we go through her arc without a single instance of croquembouche showing up) or to see how things turn out once White Chain returns as 83 Loose Cannon Plays Not By The Book, Gets Results

This loving comic :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Have any demons actually been killed yet?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe the one she had to regurgitate and then eat again?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

White Chain punched a couple, and there was that big fight over Allison.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also Vladok experienced a kind of ego death which was Allison's fault, does that count?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wiegieman posted:

Jagganoth has most of the modern military hardware.

True, but that's probably better than WW1 era tech.

Given how Jagganoth is apparently way more powerful than any of the other individual demiurges and was only forced to peace by the rest of them together, I wonder if Allison is going to collapse two or three of the others and then he'll seize total power.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 21, 2016

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Really loving all the world-building detail in these pages.

EDIT: There's a question-answer page by the author here, and it seems to update quite often.

quote:

[on technology in K6BD] On the occasion demiurges have run into worlds with high technology levels, they have had very little problem conquering them, for they are Royalty, and their breath is destruction. The technology is usually broken down or stripped for useful applications, except in the case of Jagganoth, who works very hard at improving it.

Ghost of Babyhead fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 21, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

quote:

Q

earlofchutney asked:

What does Six Juggernaut sound like? Because when he enters on his blazing sinner-cycle I automatically assumed he sounded like a monster truck rally announcer.

A

100% canon

Best askblog ever.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
94 Paid for the Whole Seat but Only Needs the Eeeeedddddggeeee

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Say Nothing posted:

Have any demons actually been killed yet?

I'm calling that it's going to be an ironic name since so far demons have been chill (as long as she's winning drinking contests) and the angels are the ones that are hostile to her. Like maybe she'll make deals with demons to fight and possibly die for her?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Well, one might as easily ask on how many occasions Maya has murdered a god and toppled their throne. The name is probably more about the intent than the execution.

(Probably.)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
technically speaking the children of the hot black flame are devils

a demon could just be like, anybody who's a corrupt rear end in a top hat growing fat off the pillaging of the multiverse and its inhabitants

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tollymain posted:

technically speaking the children of the hot black flame are devils

a demon could just be like, anybody who's a corrupt rear end in a top hat growing fat off the pillaging of the multiverse and its inhabitants

Oh boy, I hope this means the flesh will be tearing at the orange palace tonight.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Renaissance Robot posted:

Best askblog ever.

When I here White Chain, I hear the voice of the Eldar Guardian from Dawn of War.

Solomon David is Keith David.

Gog-Agog is Maria Bamford.

Nicki Minaj would make a good Cio.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dr Christmas posted:

Gog-Agog is Maria Bamford.

I like this one a lot because Maria Bamford is great at impressions and can do a bunch of wild things with her voice. Would be perfect for when Gog goes all copycat.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

quote:

Q: How do all the ships around the palace of radiance float?
A: Through carved stone or wood boxes at the middle of each ship that have been changed through the Art to ignore natural laws. Their manufacture is extremely difficult and guild-dominated.

The Palace itself is held up in a different way that we will find out in the comic.

How do you make an airship? Simply make a box ignore gravity, then hang poo poo on the box. Easy peasy!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Did you ever read The Edge Chronicles? Kids books about sky pirates with basically the same background as that, regular ships built around gravity defying rocks (though there were some rules to keep things interesting, particularly that cold rock rises and hot rock sinks, so if your fire went out your ship would get a screaming one way ticket to outer space)

A lot of the aesthetic from those books would fit fairly well in k6bd actually.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not least of all the hats

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
is there a cast page (preferably with pictures) somewhere covering the usurpers? I'm still having a hard time pinning names to faces to personalities for each of them.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Slashrat posted:

is there a cast page (preferably with pictures) somewhere covering the usurpers? I'm still having a hard time pinning names to faces to personalities for each of them.

Mottom (Mother Om) - Gluttony. Always irritable, always peckish. Identifiable by her big curtain hat.
Solomon David - Pride. Big statuesque motherfuck, listens to bands so underground they haven't even heard of themselves.
Gog-agog - Vanity/Worms. Worms. Additional worms as supplies allow.
Jagganoth - Wrath. Requisite elephant, for quota purposes.
Jadis - Sloth. The gooniest usurper. Hangs out under glass all day like the sample tray at a patisserie. Occasionally adumbrates.
Mammon - Greed. May literally be Ron Paul.
Incubus - Lust. When he moved to North Hollywood he had to go door-to-door telling everyone he was a sex offender.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 23, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Close, but Gog-Agog is Envy/Worms.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Jagganoth is Brian Blessed

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

With images:

Mottom. Gluttony. Focus of the current arc.

Solomon David. Pride. Chillest of the demiurges.

Gog Agog. Envy. Opened up a can of worms.

Jagganoth. Wrath. Not the chillest of the demiurges.

Jadis. Sloth. Only being to have seen the shape of the universe and survive.

Incubus. Lust. Only seen in a dream; probably less sexy IRL.

Mammon, the Grand Dragon. Greed. Mad stacks of cash. Not yet appeared outside of mythology.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Thanks. I somehow had it in my head that they were all present at the gathering depicted earlier, but couldn't get the number of names mentioned to fit with the faces I remembered. Now it makes much more sense.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Here is a page with all the demiurges before they went batshit. Here they are just after the war.

Notably, these are the only places we've seen Mammon so far. Not even a dream appearance like Incubus.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 23, 2016

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Dr Christmas posted:

Notably, these are the only places we've seen Mammon so far. Not even a dream appearance like Incubus.

Also how some of them have changed, Mottom and Jagganoth especially.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

team overhead smash posted:

Also how some of them have changed, Mottom and Jagganoth especially.

Jagganoth didn't change too much. Just put on the elephant mask and got a little swoler.

Of course, for someone impervious to physical harm and with complete mastery over space-time, "a little swoler" might mean "grew 10 feet taller"

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Still really enjoying that one of the maidens Allison has gone undercover with is some kind of weird bug monster.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I also like how everyone's been giving her non-stop "who the gently caress is this lady and what did she do to the last one"

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Green Intern posted:

Still really enjoying that one of the maidens Allison has gone undercover with is some kind of weird bug monster.

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. This is a weird feeling. Now I understand all those videos about people missing the guy in the bear suit.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. This is a weird feeling. Now I understand all those videos about people missing the guy in the bear suit.

To be fair it's a pretty mundane design by the standards of crowd scenes in this comic.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Oh yeah, I'm appreciating it because nobody really gives a poo poo. Just another random inhabitant of Throne, ho hum.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Green Intern posted:

Oh yeah, I'm appreciating it because nobody really gives a poo poo. Just another sexy, maidenly inhabitant of Throne, ho hum.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if we'll ever find out if there was more to the emptying of throne than the stories tell

why did the gods banish their Servants from their city? if the prime angels did not know the gods, who exactly put them there? why was heaven emptied, locked, and left to crumble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Given that each world is a story told by a single god, I really want to see Aesma's. That's gotta be some hilarious poo poo.

Also wanna see Koss's.

Tollymain posted:

why did the gods banish their Servants from their city? if the prime angels did not know the gods, who exactly put them there? why was heaven emptied, locked, and left to crumble?

I assume the prime angels did know the Gods. Abbadon said Metatron is the only one that has memories of them, but apparently angels lose their specific memories during reincarnation. He was simply the only one from that era that never died.

Both humans and servants originated from Throne, and were both banished into the multiverse upon its creation. Presumably to populate it, as it seems the multiplicity Gods couldn't create the flame of sapience themselves; Koss only did it with flames he took from the corpses of YIS and UN.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 24, 2016