Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I still play 3.5 because my crew is too stingy to buy new books lol. We have fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
buh

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's simple and fairly light, without the bloat of 3.5 or the just-a-tactics-game of 4. Also, every class in 4 feels like some kind of spellcaster, and I like melee characters.

Cantaloupe, no.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Not even good, interesting spellcasters, every spell is only a combat spell.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Hate to be the one to tell you this but every edition of dnd is the terrible edition.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Anyway, let's agree Ryuutama is cool and not rehash every D&D edition debate held since 2007 in this, the anime chat thread.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
which version of d&d has the pirate class

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dungeons and Dragons leads to murder

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

lol more like 2000

poo poo, I´m old

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Not even good, interesting spellcasters, every spell is only a combat spell.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jostiband posted:

lol more like 2000

poo poo, I´m old

No one's complained that 3.5 is pen and paper Diablo yet, we're still firmly in 2007 territory.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Weren't a couple of the people that worked on fifth ed super lovely? i vaguely remember reading about that a while back.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Droyer posted:

Weren't a couple of the people that worked on fifth ed super lovely? i vaguely remember reading about that a while back.

The head designer publicly sided with people who were functionally the tabletop equivalent of gamergaters, yeah.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 24, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Droyer posted:

i think there are lovely people that work on everything ever, once you're dealing with a project that has that many people on it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No one's complained that 3.5 is pen and paper Diablo yet, we're still firmly in 2007 territory.
that's 2e actually

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Diablo wasnt out for a long while though...

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Space Flower posted:

Fletcher's gonna be cute as heck.

I hope we get Johnston and Hoel.

Adding Kidd and having her be pirate themed would be sweet, but considering her namesake there's like a 0% chance that'll happen.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Board game night!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Single player card games r fun

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

And then others refer to them as [family name]-chan. :argh: confusing!

I missed this from last page, but that's pretty normal from what I understand. You don't call someone by their first name unless you're fairly close.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

So the Ryuutama game is probably not happening?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

one day DEFCON night will happen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Single player card games r fun
the tomb raider CCG has an insanely good single player ruleset

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I missed this from last page, but that's pretty normal from what I understand. You don't call someone by their first name unless you're fairly close.

You also don't call someone -chan unless you're fairly close. It happens in anime/manga, of course, but "Maki-chan" is just plain confusing.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

In game it's also a bit of characterisation. Yuna calls Ano by her family name, but Ano uses Yuna's given name. This tells us something about the characters, especially in the light of Yuna's whole deal.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

you can tell we're close because none of you add -sama to my name even though you should

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I've been playing 3.5 Pathfinder (aka "3.75") for the last year and a half with some friends every other Saturday. It's been a blast. My skinny, old, human Oracle can barely carry his backpack or swing his staff, but could pretty much incinerate a medium-sized town if he wanted to.

My DM is cruel though, and refuses to provide hordes of enemies that aren't immune to fire damage.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
who names their poor daughter "Fuji"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I call everyone darling until the fists start flying

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've played all of 1 session of 4e and I can tell you that I enjoy the avenger class

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

who names their poor daughter "Fuji"

They wanted her to become great!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You also don't call someone -chan unless you're fairly close. It happens in anime/manga, of course, but "Maki-chan" is just plain confusing.

No, you call a junior or a classmate with -chan or -kun. Maki is Maki-chan to Miki and Yuna because she's a kouhai.

Droyer posted:

In game it's also a bit of characterisation. Yuna calls Ano by her family name, but Ano uses Yuna's given name. This tells us something about the characters, especially in the light of Yuna's whole deal.

Since everyone calls Ano by her last name, I think it's more just a small bit of characterisation for Ano (she prefers to be called by her last name).

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Juice... Juice never changes :(

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Fujiko!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Namtab posted:

one day DEFCON night will happen

DEFCON night AND worms armageddon sheeper match

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No, you call a junior or a classmate -chan or -kun. Maki is Maki-chan to Miki and Yuna because she's a kouhai.

[Family name]-chan is very non-standard.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

the tomb raider CCG has an insanely good single player ruleset

Wha,zat

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

[Family name]-chan is very non-standard.

This is not the impression I have, but I speak zero Japanese and all my knowledge of honorifics is entirely derived from anime and video games. :v:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I should get into those kind of games, but :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No, you call a junior or a classmate with -chan or -kun. Maki is Maki-chan to Miki and Yuna because she's a kouhai.

Since everyone calls Ano by her last name, I think it's more just a small bit of characterisation for Ano (she prefers to be called by her last name).

I'd say it's both in that case. Unless i'm misremembering, Yuna calls everyone by their family name except megumi and hina

• Locked thread