Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y96iyHBhIe0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

AngryBooch posted:

He wants to gently caress his own daughter and the GOP hasn't attacked him on this because it would insult a plurality of their base in the South.

They haven't attacked him on that because "Donald Trump thinks his daughter is beautiful", much like "Donald Trump, one of the richest people on the planet, could have been 18% richer if only he'd listened to me" and "Donald Trump doesn't subscribe to proper political decorum", is a stupid as hell attack that's easily deflected.

There are like three dozen better ways to attack him that don't come off as sourcing tactics from the dregs of youtube.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So right now the general assumption is that Trump is 100% on his own, that the local GOP machines in states aren't giving him access to their voter info and support and whatnot. How much is this predicted to hurt him on Super Tuesday, and if he gets the nom will these people flip or hold out, forcing Trump to continue to rely on his own money and ground game in every single state?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Brannock posted:

They haven't attacked him on that because "Donald Trump thinks his daughter is beautiful", much like "Donald Trump, one of the richest people on the planet, could have been 18% richer if only he'd listened to me" and "Donald Trump doesn't subscribe to proper political decorum", is a stupid as hell attack that's easily deflected.

There are like three dozen better ways to attack him that don't come off as sourcing tactics from the dregs of youtube.

"Of course it ain't true, but I want to make the son-of-a-bitch deny it."

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

The Saurus posted:

it's that for everything you can call out Trump for (except being a politically correct SJW I guess) Hillary has done the same or worse.

How far up your own rear end are you exactly? How about his stances on deportation? Muslim immigrants? Name one platform piece they have the same stance on.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Trump's new twitter header is beautiful

Lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

does anyone else suspect rubio is freaking the gently caress out right now and hes being kept out of the limelight because hes on the verge on a nervous breakdown?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

babypolis posted:

does anyone else suspect rubio is freaking the gently caress out right now and hes being kept out of the limelight because hes on the verge on a nervous breakdown?

Absolutely. Dude was not at all ready to be front and center.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
No, I don't think Rubio actually wants to win. There's lots of very good reasons why he wouldn't.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

No, I don't think Rubio actually wants to win. There's lots of very good reasons why he wouldn't.

Rubio would love to win. Anyone other than Cruz is going to likely win the general election.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

I don't know who the guys are that determine which clicks are pro clicks, but I'd like to submit this for PRO CLICK consideration.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Absolutely. Dude was not at all ready to be front and center.

rubio needs to pay his dues in a big big way. if he could get named as a vp for whoever, and win, i think hed be a pretty viable contender in 2024. hes just an idiot kid as it stands tho

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hahaha

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Can he win the primary? Absolutely. But it almost certainly wouldn't be without a lengthy bloody fight that would be a pyrrhic victory going into the general. He's woefully under-qualified, both as a campaigner and on his resume, vs Hillary and he knows it. He would almost certainly lose to her and would have the stink of losing to a Clinton on him for the rest of his life.

Why in the gently caress would a young rising star in the republican party want that? He's going to have much more favorable elections in the future, which this run was most likely a primer for.

TyrantWD posted:

Rubio would love to win. Anyone other than Cruz is going to likely win the general election.

You are really underestimating how unprepared he is for a tough general fight. There would have to be a lot of external factors for him to win, it would be a complete gamble.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I still think Rubio only ran to get Jeb Bush's VP slot, and part of me thinks his unwillingness to attack Trump is that lingering opportunity to be Trump's VP. That'd be a great job for Rubio, he can be as lazy as he wants and nobody would care.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

The Saurus posted:

He uses union labour in NYC though. Compared to your average Republican he's a lot less vehement about destroying them.

He's just really scared of those giant inflatable rats that union protesters put outside your building if you gently caress with them. Terrified I tell you.

Also, from the NYT article posted earlier, I think saying he isn't a little beholden to banks seems like a bit of a stretch...

quote:

Fifteen companies with ties to Mr. Trump owe banks in excess of $270 million, according to his Federal Election Commission disclosures. The actual amount of debt is higher, however — the top range candidates are required to reveal is $50 million or above for any given loan.

Deutsche Bank is one of his main lenders; his filings show JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are not currently lending to him.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Saurus posted:

This is why I have an issue with Hillary-supporting liberals who cry about Trump like he's Hitler. It's not that Trump is perfect, it's that for everything you can call out Trump for (except being a politically correct SJW I guess) Hillary has done the same or worse.
I still don't get how being against policies like banning an entire religion from entering the nation, while setting up a database to track those who already made it into the country (citizen or not), has become something casually dismissed as something that only far left SJWs care about. Has this country really moved so far to the right in such a short period of time that we ridicule the people who want to preserve religious liberty and privacy for all groups like they're idiots on Tumblr complaining about cis pronouns? You do realize there's a huge difference there, right? It's not just typical liberal sensitivities, it's a betrayal of the foundations of western democracy.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 24, 2016

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pleasant Friend posted:

I still think Rubio only ran to get Jeb Bush's VP slot, and part of me thinks his unwillingness to attack Trump is that lingering opportunity to be Trump's VP. That'd be a great job for Rubio, he can be as lazy as he wants and nobody would care.

thats been my theory about him for a while now

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

well I guess we know who's running the Trump account

It's not me - I have a good inkling of who it is but I don't want to say because they'll get banned for double accounts.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Nichael posted:

I still don't get how being against policies like banning an entire religion from entering the nation, while setting up a database to track those who already made it into the country (citizen or not), has become something casually dismissed as something that only far left SJWs care about. Has this country really moved so far to the right in such a short period of time that we ridicule the people who want to preserve religious liberty and privacy for all groups like they're idiots on Tumblr complaining about cis pronouns? You do realize there's a huge difference there, right? It's not just typical liberal sensitivities, it's a betrayal of the foundations of western democracy.

That's just The Saurus. Everyone he doesn't like is just a lefty SJW.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Have any of Trump's surrogates called Rubio "one of them fags from Miami" yet?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rocks posted:

Have any of Trump's surrogates called Rubio "one of them fags from Miami" yet?

no but thats pretty funny

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i don't think trump can effectively attack hillary as being an insider candidate owned by banks because everything he accuses her of is true for him as well. other republicans can't hit him on that because that's attacking from the left-- suicide in a republican primary-- but you can bet your rear end she would use it.

i'm still hoping for bernie, though, he'd smoke trump by double digits. i seriously think trump might clock EVs in the low 100s against bernie. too bad he won't be allowed to become the nominee :(.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i don't think trump can effectively attack hillary as being an insider candidate owned by banks because everything he accuses her of is true for him as well. other republicans can't hit him on that because that's attacking from the left-- suicide in a republican primary-- but you can bet your rear end she would use it.

i'm still hoping for bernie, though, he'd smoke trump by double digits. i seriously think trump might clock EVs in the low 100s against bernie. too bad he won't be allowed to become the nominee :(.

God forbid youd have to win elections to be a nominee

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

It's beautiful

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fiction posted:

That's just The Saurus. Everyone he doesn't like is just a lefty SJW.

Yet clearly, many people agree with him. Those statements alone from Trump, more than any of his other batshit statements, should've automatically disqualified him. However the media, the electorate, and the party elite have collectively glossed over them like they're a joke. It's not funny. It's terrifying.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

You are really underestimating how unprepared he is for a tough general fight. There would have to be a lot of external factors for him to win, it would be a complete gamble.

Hillary learned nothing since 2008, and Bernie's pull Hillary to the left has inadvertently turned into a campaign to destroy the only viable candidate the Democrats had. It's going to take Cruz or an act of god to keep a Republican from winning the general.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The Saurus posted:

It's not me - I have a good inkling of who it is but I don't want to say because they'll get banned for double accounts.

:rolleyes: There's no rule against having multiple accounts, you got confused on what "account sharing" means.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

radical meme posted:

Jesus loving Christ, save us please!

But you've rejected Cruz's attempts!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Trump's new twitter header is beautiful

It's not Trump's statements that are shocking, it's the loving graphic design. Does he fire up photoshop himself with those stubby little fingers??

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

:lol:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Lote posted:

One: Rubio
Big: Trump
rear end: Cruz
Mistake: Kasich
America: Jeb
! : Carson

You've done hosed it up:

One: Carson
Mistake: Rubio
America: Kasich
! : Jeb

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Evil_Greven posted:

You've done hosed it up:

One: Carson
Mistake: Rubio
America: Kasich
! : Jeb

:laugh: Much better.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I've been a fan of Sanders since at least 2006 or so, and I'd love him to be president, but I sincerely think you're overestimating his odds versus Trump. This is not a slight against Sanders, I just think Trump would easily take over the narrative of the general election if facing him.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Fiction posted:

How far up your own rear end are you exactly? How about his stances on deportation? Muslim immigrants? Name one platform piece they have the same stance on.

I can't, I can only name platform pieces on which Trump is superior to Hillary.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

AngryBooch posted:

"Of course it ain't true, but I want to make the son-of-a-bitch deny it."

he will deflect in 140 character or less, make the person asking look like a deviant, and will ruin that person for the rest of their lives

good strat

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Saurus posted:

I can't, I can only name platform pieces on which Trump is superior to Hillary.

But as I said previously on this page, Trump's tacit approval of violence combined with his extremely dangerous anti-Muslim rhetoric should outweigh any of his (purely hypothetical) positives. I guess it's just shocking to me that people can either approve of such ideas, or dismiss them with a "nobody's perfect". They are so fundamentally discordant with how our society works, and they echo the beginnings of the worst crimes in humanity's history. If you don't have as strong an emotional reaction to those principles as I do, there's really not much else I can say because clearly we have extremely different values.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
maybe everyone shouldve held back on their hitlers and their isms until after he won the primary

the wad is blown, the words are flat

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Nichael posted:

But as I said previously on this page, Trump's tacit approval of violence combined with his extremely dangerous anti-Muslim rhetoric should outweigh any of his (purely hypothetical) positives. I guess it's just shocking to me that people can either approve of such ideas, or dismiss them with a "nobody's perfect". They are so fundamentally discordant with how our society works, and they echo the beginnings of the worst crimes in humanity's history. If you don't have as strong an emotional reaction to those principles as I do, there's really not much else I can say.

What anti-muslim rhetoric? Oh you mean telling the truth? So if he disapproved of violence, then everyone would just leave us alone? I think you have the wrong idea about how OUR society works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o25afKNzOFM

• Locked thread