Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Benjamin Arthur posted:

The Nazis used a corporatist economic system, this isnt left wing thought its just history.

The Nazi government controlled the German economy. You don't get to rewrite history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Immortan posted:

The Nazi government controlled the German economy. You don't get to rewrite history.

You have an embarrassing childlike understanding of history.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Benjamin Arthur posted:

What a mind blowing argument! 🤓

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Immortan posted:

Immortan posted:

What a mind blowing argument! 🤓

:ironicat:

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Benjamin Arthur posted:

Hahaha

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Immortan posted:

Yeah, no ulterior motives here at all. :rolleyes: Free your coddled mind, little Bernout.

ur taking this retard pro trump gimmick way to seriously

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
lol if someone cited a newspaper saying that its the leading voice of American Billionare Assholes peeps would be right to completely disregard it

just like a bullshit tract like jacobin can be fully and completely disregarded

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

It's almost like simplistic people gravitate towards candidates with simplistic answers like "build a wall" and "deport the illegals", weird

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Mendicant posted:

lol if someone cited a newspaper saying that its the leading voice of American Billionare Assholes peeps would be right to completely disregard it

just like a bullshit tract like jacobin can be fully and completely disregarded

The article actually quotes good sources though, guessing you had trouble reading it?

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Benjamin Arthur posted:

It's almost like simplistic people gravitate towards candidates with simplistic answers like "build a wall" and "deport the illegals", weird

Hahahahaha

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Benjamin Arthur posted:

Hmmm......

quote:

The Gordian Knot is a legend of Phrygian Gordium associated with [(in)famous simpleton heh] Alexander the Great. It is often used as a metaphor for an intractable problem (disentangling an "impossible" knot) solved easily by loophole or "thinking outside the box" ("cutting the Gordian knot"):

"Turn him to any cause of policy,
The Gordian Knot of it he will unloose,
Familiar as his garter" (Shakespeare, Henry V, Act 1 Scene 1. 45–47)

You pompous rear end.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

the trump tutelage posted:

Hmmm......

You pompous rear end.

Appealing to xenophobia in a GOP primary is not thinking outside the box.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot

Benjamin Arthur posted:

The article actually quotes good sources though, guessing you had trouble reading it?

go back to the bernout thread cockfag

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Mendicant posted:

I've never even posted in it :confused:

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
man i don't have search

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Mendicant posted:

man i don't have search

buying plat is another $10 bernie can use to catapult himself to another second place victory, dont be so selfish

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Tonight will be an easy victory and next Tuesday our country crosses the Rubicon.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

CubsWoo posted:

buying plat is another $10 bernie can use to catapult himself to another second place victory, dont be so selfish

made me lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mendicant posted:

ur not going to bully your way into a winning argument, Mendicant

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
This thread is high energy tonight, I like that.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Did you vote for Donald Trump? Then you're not actually a Republican.

quote:

Let me put this as clearly and straightforwardly as I can: A Republican Party in which a third or more of the voters are ready and willing to vote for such a candidate is not the same party that elected Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush, or that chose John McCain and Mitt Romney as its standard-bearer...

How can the GOP continue to push the same agenda when one-third of the party wants it to make a radical break from its past and stand for something fundamentally different? Trump outflanks the party from the right on immigration and terrorism, outflanks it from the left on taxes, benefits, and a range of other domestic policy issues, and ridicules just about everyone else in the party for their rank stupidity and for contributing to a decline in the country that he alone can reverse.

A third of Republican voters endorse this profoundly anti-Republican message.

There is going to be an attempt on Trump's life before November and it will come from a member of the conservative media

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/702312059690622976

:iceburn:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

CubsWoo posted:

There is going to be an attempt on Trump's life before November and it will come from a member of the conservative media

Trump winning will transform the party as radically as the 60s civil rights protests did

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

CubsWoo posted:

I will never vote republican in my life if Trump does not get the nomination

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
There are reports coming out that Trump literally interrupted Glenn Beck speaking at a caucus and began speaking himself. :rock:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Immortan posted:

There are reports coming out that Trump literally interrupted Glenn Beck speaking at a caucus and began speaking himself. :rock:

The only thing that would make this better is if Trump started telling his bodyguards to carry airhorns just in case he needs to whip out a HOLD IT YOU DUMMIES moment

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Another great leftist incoherence is how Trump is a clown with no hope and they're afraid we'll nominate him.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
hahaha

https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/702306939280076800

https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/702304856111915008

https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/702316049224433664

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
(pretty sure you can wear whatever you want for the Nevada caucus)

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Laphroaig posted:

(pretty sure you can wear whatever you want for the Nevada caucus)

I think they are saying that people running it are wearing Trump gear, and that's the problem.

I don't blame them because Trump gear is all the rage now, but I understand.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

The Human Crouton posted:

I think they are saying that people running it are wearing Trump gear, and that's the problem.

I don't blame them because Trump gear is all the rage now, but I understand.

there is no rule against volunteers wearing campaign paraphernalia.

its so simple. when you make a deal, read the fine print.

trump is a winner. he reads the fine print, he makes a great deal.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Trump?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

User posted:

Another great leftist incoherence is how Trump is a clown with no hope and they're afraid we'll nominate him.

the american right has spent decades complaining about how hippies/feminists/*insert socially-left movement here* are simultaneously completely inept, retarded, and powerless despite also having sinister conspiratorial agents undermining and destroying the fabric of american society and controlling the media and government from without and within (the most pathetic iteration of this is the current belief in the crippling weakness and terrifying power of the Social Justice Warrior)

this is something people of every political persuasion do, because we don't like people we don't like

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://twitter.com/dframe1313/status/702331180692205569

https://twitter.com/dframe1313/status/702334004402528256

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Reminder that Benjamin Arthur believes that being left-wing means yelling about privilege and wrongthink rather than redistributing wealth or ownership of the means of production.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Saurus posted:

Reminder that Benjamin Arthur believes that being left-wing means yelling about privilege and wrongthink rather than redistributing wealth or ownership of the means of production.

this microaggression shall not stand

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

User posted:

8. The followers must feel humiliated by the ostentatious wealth and force of their enemies.

When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers of Ur-Fascism must also be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

The Saurus posted:

:qq:

Benjamin Arthur has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Feb 24, 2016

• Locked thread