Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

alansmithee posted:

IMO Bound 2 is just as angry and confrontational as the other stuff on the album. Dude's had to hear how people wish he'd make music like he used to since Graduation, so he throws a track on there showing that if he wanted to he could do exactly that. Then the video for the song is him riding Kim all across some Lisa Frank version of the US.

Maybe it comes from a I could do this if I wanted too place. But Bound 2 isn't angry. The video is confrontational(he loving debuted it on Ellen for christ sakes) . But it's still a sign that Kanye is ultimately happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is this seriously not going to go up on iTunes?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is this seriously not going to go up on iTunes?

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/699376240709402624

Kanye is nothing if not a man of his words

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

He personally doesn't need the money, so he didn't really lose anything he won't make back in press or shows and Tidal REALLY needed something to make a statement. Cause those Prince records weren't doing poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

^burtle posted:

He personally doesn't need the money, so he didn't really lose anything he won't make back in press or shows and Tidal REALLY needed something to make a statement. Cause those Prince records weren't doing poo poo.

Can't wait for the poo poo storm when Queen B's album is Tidal exclusive.

Lets see how loyal the BeyHive really is.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeezy ain't happy

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

^burtle posted:

He personally doesn't need the money

I mean it seems like he does if you are to believe his tweets

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah I don't see how you can listen to his music and think he's happy and not unbelievably stressed out and conflicted about everything.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
He sounds kind of happy on I Miss the Old Kanye

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Are you feeling glad, feeling engaged by things, feeling hopeful, are your feelings not easily hurt, feeling people are friendly, feeling like people like you?

'Cause Ye feels like that all the time.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
#facts

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/702290190535168000

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dexo posted:

What's funny is Yeezus was angry as poo poo but ends with Kanye in a relatively good place in Bound 2.

He finally found the one he wants to be with and is happy at the end.

Ehhhhhh not really, Bound 2 ends with Ye telling his spouse to stop worrying about their and the world's problems and go to sleep and then says "Jesus wept"

Basically the reading I got out of Yeezus is that it's about how you have to effectively shut down your concern for the world's issues if you ever want to truly be happy and how mortifying that is.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
After listening to this album for awhile I rank it right with Compton in terms of disappointments. So many instant skips and wasted potential. I can't believe he didn't put All Day on this album since it's so hot.

I generally only listen to music in the gym so this album is a huge letdown there since there are so few bangers. I feel like he could have made a really strong 8 song album, but there are 18 tracks.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

I generally only listen to music in the gym so this album is a huge letdown there since there are so few bangers

hahahahahahaha

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Maybe it will grow on me but it's the first kanye album I didn't love on the first hearing.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

All Day was already on iTunes and therefore tainted

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
goddammit only on tidal are you loving kidding me?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ye went off on some record producer who said some poo poo about him. highlights:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/702353418527105024
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/702353553084571649
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/702354210357125120

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I feel bad for anyone who can't appreciate Kanye's personality. It's so incredible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hahaha I actually read what this dude said and Holy poo poo.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.37596/title.bob-ezrin-pens-scathing-critique-of-kanye-west

quote:

Bob Ezrin has penned a scathing critique of Kanye West.

The music producer and keyboardist, known for his work with Lou Reed, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel and Phish, writes in a post for Bob Lefsetz's the Lefsetz Letter today (February 22) that West has made some great material, but that he isn’t on the creative level of some other prominent artists.

“Unlike other creators in his genre like Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie or even M.C. Hammer for that matter, it’s unlikely that we’ll be quoting too many of Kanye’s songs 20 years from now,” Ezrin writes in the newsletter, which has tens of thousands of subscribers. "He didn’t open up new avenues of public discourse like NWA, or introduce the world to a new art form like Grandmaster Flash, or even meaningfully and memorably address social issues through his music like Marshall, Macklemore and Kendrick.”

Ezrin writes that West isn’t on the same producing level as Timbaland and Rick Rubin and that his songwriting “is sophomoric at best.”

West’s most notable achievements aren’t musical, Ezrin writes.

"Instead Kanye’s greatest achievements have been in the form of excessive behavior, egomaniacal tantrums and tasteless grandstanding,” Ezrin writes. "What he is a true artist at is living his life out loud – and shoving it down the throats of the rest of us whether we give a poo poo or not. He’s like that flasher who interrupts a critical game by running naked across the field. Is that art???”

These comments lead into Ezrin examining blasting the rollout of West’s The Life Of Pablo album, which may or may not be complete, despite it being premiered at the "Yeezy Season 3" fashion show earlier this month and being subsequently released as a stream on TIDAL. Ezrin says he’s yet to listen to the project and puts a qualifier on his self-proclaimed rant against West.

"I lament for a world where being truly, world-shakingly excellent at anything – at least in the field of popular music if not elsewhere – is no longer absolutely necessary,” Ezrin writes. "You can be a star today just by creating a public life that people pay attention to. That’s it. All you have to do is be interesting or likable or shocking enough and you can have your 15 minutes of fame…even if that means that no one will remember you or what you’ve done in just a few years. Line ‘em up. How many “popular artists” have come and gone in just the last decades. In my mind (which is a pretty busy as often too judgmental place, I will admit) real artists make stuff that changes the world and LASTS.

"I haven’t heard it yet,” he adds. "Is that what The Life of Pablo is? If so, then I take it all back."

whitepeopledescribingrap.txt.

Kanye wasn't influential in Rap or gently caress music as a whole?

Hahahahahahaha

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lmao

https://twitter.com/PUSHA_T/status/702357733450842112

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Person I've been aware of for over a decade: Kanye West

Person I literally never heard of until tonight: Bob Ezrin

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Did he just subtweet Taylor Swift again with that thing about the two album of the years?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sigh. Yes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like how he references watch the throne as a great album

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Did he just subtweet Taylor Swift again with that thing about the two album of the years?

:getin:

Bob ezrin hasn't even listened to the album lmao

And called Macklemore more influential hahahahahahahahahahaha

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I like how he references watch the throne as a great album

It was.

That poo poo was great.

No Church in the Wild, Otis, Nigga's in Paris, Who Gon Stop me, Murder to Excellence.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I like how he writes that Kanye's lyrics aren't memorable or quotable like M.C. Hammer and poo poo but I've been quoting Golddigger for over 10 years.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahaha @ his compliment to Macklemore being that he's a 'really nice guy'

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

hahaha @ his compliment to Macklemore being that he's a 'really nice guy'

It's the perfect response

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dexo posted:

It was.

That poo poo was great.

No Church in the Wild, Otis, Nigga's in Paris, Who Gon Stop me, Murder to Excellence.

By the same token cruel summer was goat

E: jay is trash

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 24, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

By the same token cruel summer was goat

Eh. I see what you are saying but Watch the Throne has very much the feel of a Kanye project. Just all of the Songs have Jay Z Features.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Otis loving sucks (wtt mostly sucks)

I only like no church In the wild, niggas in Paris and the a-trak remix of gotta have it.

Everything else was v forgettable

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm probably too hard on it but God mister carter needs to stop

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm probably too hard on it but God mister carter needs to stop

Yeah I would've rather it been just Kanye & friends with different guests rather than just having Jay Z there adding nothing of value.

It's also funny that dude produced for Lou Reed cause Lou Reed was all about Yeezus. Really now I'm wondering if it wasn't some elaborate con to get free Yeezys.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

alansmithee posted:

Yeah I would've rather it been just Kanye & friends with different guests rather than just having Jay Z there adding nothing of value.

It's also funny that dude produced for Lou Reed cause Lou Reed was all about Yeezus. Really now I'm wondering if it wasn't some elaborate con to get free Yeezys.

He's just a washed up dude who clearly has lost touch.

But I guess now more people know who he is since everyone straight up had to google him to figure it out.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A guy who worked with Kiss accusing anyone of being shallow and all appearance. :ironicat:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

A guy who worked with Kiss accusing anyone of being shallow and all appearance. :ironicat:

His site seems to be down or something now but going from the most recent archive he seems like kind of a rambling crazy guy. Check the post on the first page titled "The Kardashian Paradigm" to see what I mean, dude's really bizarre.

3peat
May 6, 2010

quote:

While flipping through a five-year-old copy of NME in a WFMU bathroom, I came across an article about "scary music" by Mark Beaumont. He wrote that the little kids who can be heard wailing on Lou Reed's track The Kids (from his 1973 LP Berlin) were the young children of producer Bob Ezrin, who were crying because their Dad had told them that their mother had just been killed in a horrible accident. Their mother was fine - the track needed some crying, so Producer Ezrin produced some. The crying starts at the 5:17 mark:

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/09/unusual_recordi.html

Those kids need some counseling to go with the yeezis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Good Canadian Boy posted:

I like how he writes that Kanye's lyrics aren't memorable or quotable like M.C. Hammer and poo poo but I've been quoting Golddigger for over 10 years.

Kanye will have the last laugh in de end

Also Murder to Excellence is the best track on WTT and Otis is boring as gently caress

• Locked thread