Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
They have all of their stuff on Spotify too, if you like listening to music without having to keep your phone's screen on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I wish the air force would just go ahead and unblock spotify, it's not like every vault doesn't have youtube playlists running 24/7

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Prop Wash posted:

I wish the air force would just go ahead and unblock spotify, it's not like every vault doesn't have youtube playlists running 24/7
Amen

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

Did they block Pandora in the last six months? That's what we always used.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How do people even use Youtube? Every time I've tried it just attempts to buffer for 10 minutes before playing 2 seconds of the video and making GBS threads itself.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
The YouTube Music app is a thing.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

How do people even use Youtube? Every time I've tried it just attempts to buffer for 10 minutes before playing 2 seconds of the video and making GBS threads itself.

The entire base shares the same bandwidth, or something. Can you imagine every desk jackoff streaming Spotify/Pandora? The net would grind to a standstill in minutes.

How would anyone get their CBTs done?

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Night shift supremacy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shalhavet posted:

Night shift supremacy.

This

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Anybody have tips or tricks on studying for the Course 15 test? The material is so poorly presented that I can't read it sober. Drunk studying is just a stopgap, but probably not the best way to pass the test.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Shalhavet posted:

Night shift supremacy.

Absolutely. When I was in medical working a Panama schedule, I fought for night shift. It was a simple pleasure in life.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Arc Light posted:

Anybody have tips or tricks on studying for the Course 15 test? The material is so poorly presented that I can't read it sober. Drunk studying is just a stopgap, but probably not the best way to pass the test.

About the only tip I can give is you should have gone in and guess the crap out of it when there was no danger of multiple failures. Since that is impossible now you need to have a grasp on the concepts that you are reading about, as just about everything in the volumes are testable.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Arc Light posted:

Find whoevers dick you need to suck to go to the legacy course and suck it. If they have an NCOA where you are, if you don't get in, see if they'll let you walk in. A day or two after class starts is when they try to replace no-shows.

So many people are failing course 15 they've extended the legacy into this FY, indefinitely. I went to the penultimate class at Sheppard last year, where they told us the next class was it. After that, it was all course 15 from then on. Not hardly. Failure rates are so high they had to extend the legacy or every single promotable E5/6 would become ineligible for failing course 15.

I don't know what sort of brain-dead failure to launch implementation course 15 represents, but it's on a level that is arguably the worst idea in enlisted development/PME there has ever been.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 24, 2016

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I agree the test is horrible and there is a lot of material to cover for a test that is maybe 16-17 questions. The design and implementation of something that is supposedly extremely important to your career has been a poo poo show but the test is not that drat hard, I passed both test on my first attempt in a little over 2 months.

That crap is written and aimed at a 9/10 th grade reading comprehension level, like a majority of our enlisted PME but then again we had to dumb down numerous block test to ensure Airman could pass our tech school, when I was an instructor.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mine was unfailable. The closest they ever had to a failure was a guy who got arrested and discharged after graduating but before leaving

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Course 15 is the most braindead garbage I've had to read in a while.

I guess I should have tested on the multiple failure route when I had the chance, now I've got a few months to do it. Alas.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
So, AF thread, I'll be spending about a week or so in Kadena soon and want to know how the best way for Navy maintainers to offend the locals.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
You could go out, get drunk and rape some people like the Marines. I hear that goes over well, the locals love it. Or tell every Japanese person you meet there about how great the CV-22 is. Either or.

I've never been there but my advice would be to talk to any of the AF maintainers you might meet as soon as you get in country because they usually know the best bars/clubs/dens of prostitution to cause some havoc.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Well, by locals I mostly meant the AF since I've been FDNF since 2013 and I'm pretty used to the whole Japan/Asia thing at this point.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
With the exception of feeling like you never saw the sun I loved everything about mids.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Rythe posted:

I agree the test is horrible and there is a lot of material to cover for a test that is maybe 16-17 questions. The design and implementation of something that is supposedly extremely important to your career has been a poo poo show but the test is not that drat hard, I passed both test on my first attempt in a little over 2 months.

That crap is written and aimed at a 9/10 th grade reading comprehension level, like a majority of our enlisted PME but then again we had to dumb down numerous block test to ensure Airman could pass our tech school, when I was an instructor.

It's different when you're in an academic setting and have an instructor to explain all the concepts to you. Imagine if your tech school kids went to their jobs and their tech school was course 15 style. Do you think they could pass? Some, but not all. PME like this needs to be in residence if they're going to put so much emphasis on it like they are.

Also, the material is something like 300 slides, right? 17 to 20 questions out of that much material, without an instructor or classmates to discuss concepts with is a pretty bad way to impart whatever the NCOA is supposed to impart. Giving someone a year to study 6 weeks worth of material with only one small test is very bad and loving lazy. Never mind that for the last 65 years the AF has had in residence PME, now here's a course load of material (lol good luck printing it off at work bettery go pay FedEx $40 to print it,) and a year deadline. Figure it out for yourself, good luck have fun and aim high.

CMD598 posted:

So, AF thread, I'll be spending about a week or so in Kadena soon and want to know how the best way for Navy maintainers to offend the locals.

Please don't. We're already hated enough in Korea and Japan.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 24, 2016

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CMD598 posted:

CMD598 posted:

Well, by locals I mostly meant the AF since I've been FDNF since 2013 and I'm pretty used to the whole Japan/Asia thing at this point.

Get a DUI off base so all of USFJ below E-5 loses their liberty.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I meant that I passed both test of course 15 on the first try in a little over two months. Our traditional in house PME is a joke, everybody passes no matter the effort you put in and everybody gets a shiny participation medal.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Rythe posted:

I meant that I passed both test of course 15 on the first try in a little over two months but that doesn't change the fact that the whole course 15 concept is retarded. Our traditional in house PME is not much better, everybody passes no matter the effort you put in and everybody gets a shiny participation medal.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Going to my first airline hiring seminar this weekend!

xaarman fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 25, 2016

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

Going to my first airline hiring seminar this weekend!

(nobody cares)

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Nonsense, I love hearing about success after the military in this thread, and want to add my name to the list.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
remember to ask if they want peanuts you just cant hand them out anymore gotta save those $$$

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Woah woah woah, you can't hand out peanuts on the plane! What if someone has a peanut allergy? We now offer gluten-free snack mix.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Just got home from a two week TDY and work wants me back first thing tomorrow in the AM. Isn't that poo poo? My training RIP even says 15 - 26 Feb.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why'd you tell them you were back

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
They knew roughly when I'd be back. And the dude I'm replacing got his leave approved before leadership knew exactly when I was coming back. Rather than cancel his leave, they try and say 'its the rules that day is a travel day, not a rest day, and since you're back anyway...'

If an exercise kicks off tomorrow I'm going to loving fail it so hard and just toss my hands up.

"I'm new."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dead Reckoning posted:

Woah woah woah, you can't hand out peanuts on the plane! What if someone has a peanut allergy? We now offer gluten-free snack mix.

:lol: Yeah for purchase. If you're on a 4+ hr flight.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

They knew roughly when I'd be back. And the dude I'm replacing got his leave approved before leadership knew exactly when I was coming back. Rather than cancel his leave, they try and say 'its the rules that day is a travel day, not a rest day, and since you're back anyway...'

If an exercise kicks off tomorrow I'm going to loving fail it so hard and just toss my hands up.

"I'm new."

Isn't a travel day just that? The day you travel and not work? Maybe we just do stuff different in the reserves, especially as an ART where we have to take military leave to do that kind of stuff.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

"I'm new."

Pretty sure you are getting boned, your travel days should fall under your authorized orders allowing you to be out of your work center during that time.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
I've got an actual regulation question just so I'm covering my bases here. Last November one of my airmen PCSd. I made doubly sure I sent him off with the LOE/AF77 that he earned. It's even a requirement to final out from our squadron so I know I gave it to him and told him what it was for. I even showed up to his final out in the afternoon even though I'm working mids and made sure he was good to go. His RNLTD was Dec 15th but he got there Nov 28th and I assumed (I know dumb mistake, I'm checking this out too) checked in on the 30th or the 1st. That would put him at 120 days exactly for his new sup with the SCOD of Mar 31st. I'm new at this but, AFAIK he should only need that LOE from me and the new sup should be using that to finish up his EPR.

I don't have access to poo poo right now since I'm not at my base and won't be for several months. When I left, I'm pretty sure I got rid of all his leftover stuff since it had been 3 months since any contact. Right now, he's being told that I should've written his EPR for here and he contacted me saying that he doesn't have that LOE. Is this going to be a concern? I could maybe get an EPR written but it'd require a lot of creativity since I've got nothing for him here and have nothing to do with the crap at his new base.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
It's all based off of when he checked in, stopped leave/travel and reported to his unit. If you PM me his name/rank I can get that for you, btw*.But until MilPDS is updated with a date saying "he's here" (this may be backdated) he'd still show against you on the books. So if his DAS was before the accountability date the gaining base needs to write it, but if he was gained after you're boned and need to write it.

Wait are we talking EPRs again? gently caress. So, umm... Who's got pictures of how women in Air Force uniforms?

*That is, the official DAS that matters. I've already seen units pull the "well he was here, but we didn't send him to MPF to inprocess for a week or so, so he'll fall on you." Since the MPS can/will backdate the gain to the day dude shows up this usually backfires hilariously and makes them look dumb.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 26, 2016

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.
Greets all crusty old 22yr retired vet checkin in

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

check back out old man we got EPRs to talk about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

My buddy got medically retired at the age of 22 for Diabetus. Are you my buddy?

• Locked thread