Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Enourmo posted:

ugh.... i just loving moved in and like

what do i tell the office? what if he gets busted, his buddies put 2 and 2 together and come after me for snitching

christ i am a goddamn human mess

The guy is dealing pot. The world ain't going to end man, the police are going to give zero fucks even if they find out especially if he's white

Or you could move into a building like mine where I can show you the loving brown stains around the exhaust port for the kitchen fan that clearly indicate somebody is running a drug lab, and the police still don't give a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

well forgive me for being paranoid when i've already been arrested once in 2008,and am going into an industry that regularly requires security clearances, which become just a little hard to obtain if you've got not just one but multiple arrests, especially recent ones

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

ugh.... i just loving moved in and like

what do i tell the office? what if he gets busted, his buddies put 2 and 2 together and come after me for snitching

christ i am a goddamn human mess

gently caress em. Seriously.

I like you, you seem like a good dude. But gently caress you are horribly self defeating, and I know how that is. I'm the same way, and used to be so much loving worse.

Seriously go see a doc, and get some meds. You need them and the therapy. From one hosed up person to another.

In other news, wife isn't home so I immediately came home and made a fire outside, and am now sitting in front of it. I also pulled the grill up close, so I can flip my sausages over without having to actually get up. And drinking Stone Pataskala red ipa which is delicious.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Enourmo posted:

gently caress it if in making bad posting decisions might as well go hog wild

you wanna know the REAL reason I'm so anxious about the roommate situation? the dude and his friends all smoke pot in large quantities(and are very bad at hiding it, one dude was rolling a blunt on the stairs OUTSIDE IN BROAD DAYLIGHT and they constantly leave pot and scales laying around)

And I'm like 95% certain at least one of them is DEALING

so there it is, my actual root concern is that the place could get raided and I could get arrested over something I had nothing to do with. am I still being a victim? Is that a valid enough reason for the goon hive mind for how anxious I am?

Dude...Like welcome to college bro

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Don't worry Enourmo. If you gently caress up too much to be an engineer, you can always come work in the automotive industry.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

Don't worry Enourmo. If you gently caress up too much to be an engineer, you can always come work in the automotive industry.

gently caress that, have you SEEN automotive engineering? They thrive on gently caress ups.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wish I was half the gently caress up John Z Delorean was. Hell he hung around dealers and nothing bad ever happened to him.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Maksimus54 posted:

Dude...Like welcome to college bro

Don't patronize me, i've been making an active effort to stay away from that side of the college world

now here i am plopped down in the middle of it

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

mariooncrack posted:

You'd be surprised. At my school, they base it off the year you started so you could go back after 20 years and not have to take a ton of classes. Might be worth looking into for you if you're interested.

You're fine. If you have a 3.0+, you can put it on your resume. If not, leave it off.

Are you planning on going to a four year school? I'd recommend going to a community college first and testing the waters. School isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's going to sound weird but you'll have an advantage over a lot of college freshman. You've been in the real world. If I had known what the real world was like, I would've worked a lot harder in school. The people that seemed to work the hardest in all of my courses were those returning to education.

Safety Dance posted:

Are you going to be working and taking two or three classes a semester? I thought that was a lot easier than taking a full course load. You'll get through it.

I'm not sure how I should approach college. And I know I'm being irrational about how I feel about it. It still doesn't change the way I feel.

Enourmo, seriously, look at this a a future good story. Just being suspicious about it does not mean that they are actually dealing. I have worked for 3 letter agencies for half of my career, and I've been working full time since I was 18. It's not an immediate disqualifier, you just have to be complely honest about it when asked.

But if you are that worried about it, you should be looking to move. I know I would be, and I had crack smoking lesbians (one of whom was keeping it a secret from her husband and kid) sleeping on a futon in my dining room (was my futon, they were smoking it in my loving apartment, right next to the closet where I kept my clothes) when I worked for Lockeed Martin. (Thanks roommates for allowing that in the house and giving them a key, assholes). I had at least a public trust at the time. Its not as big a deal as you are making it out to be. But if its keeping you from studying and sleeping peacefully, its time for you to look elsewhere. Especially since it sounds like you were the last to move in--it may have been an established practice that was accepted by the previous roommates.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

well forgive me for being paranoid when i've already been arrested once in 2008,and am going into an industry that regularly requires security clearances, which become just a little hard to obtain if you've got not just one but multiple arrests, especially recent ones

You unfortunatly need to move or report them, Especially if there is dealing involved. Which is lovely I know, esp giving nothing about pot should be illegal but when it comes to clearances, you need to protect that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Having roommates sucks, there's no way around it until you can afford a place of your own. Until then just worry about yourself and what you can control, constantly worrying about what they're doing isn't doing you any good. The most you can do is establish good communication and addressing your concerns without any passive aggressive bullshit, but even then people are gonna do what they want to do.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Don't patronize me, i've been making an active effort to stay away from that side of the college world

now here i am plopped down in the middle of it

You'll remain in the middle of it until you do something about it. Contact your residence manager and explain whats going on. This is your future at stake

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i know, i think im gonne suck it up and talk to the office tomorrow.

alternate.eago posted:

Enourmo, seriously, look at this a a future good story. Just being suspicious about it does not mean that they are actually dealing. I have worked for 3 letter agencies for half of my career, and I've been working full time since I was 18. It's not an immediate disqualifier, you just have to be complely honest about it when asked.

'suspicion' is putting it lightly. i mentioned them not being subtle? yeah, i overheard someone take a call on speakerphone asking if the dude taking the call had any kush. then a couple nights ago as i was parking i watched him walk down the stairs and make a handoff to some random dudes walking by. and i constantly see a scale left out with leaves on it; idk about other dudes but when i smoked i never weighed out 5g or whatever for a blunt, the only context I saw them in was packaging for sale.

you're right i didnt literally see cash and weed trade hands up close but come on.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
So, pending a physical tomorrow (which I should pass no prob), I got the job that I interviewed for :toot:

They're being super cryptic about the pay and not discussing numbers yet, which is concerning. Whatever, I'm just happy to have benefits again.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

accidentally posted in stupid questions, whatever:

listen I know attitudes toward pot are changing but right now, today, pot is still illegal in florida. more than 20g is a felony, and from what I've seen I'm confident there's enough that if just the two of us got raided the cops could divide it between us and get us both for felony possession.

I don't give a gently caress if it might be legalized this election cycle, or the next one, RIGHT NOW it's illegal enough to ruin any chance at the kind of life i want for myself

i'm not opposed to it on moral grounds, i used to smoke it myself. its entirely the very real legal consequences, which I, a white boy, have already experienced a taste of once, that i'm concerned with.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Enourmo posted:

i know, i think im gonne suck it up and talk to the office tomorrow.

'suspicion' is putting it lightly. i mentioned them not being subtle? yeah, i overheard someone take a call on speakerphone asking if the dude taking the call had any kush. then a couple nights ago as i was parking i watched him walk down the stairs and make a handoff to some random dudes walking by. and i constantly see a scale left out with leaves on it; idk about other dudes but when i smoked i never weighed out 5g or whatever for a blunt, the only context I saw them in was packaging for sale.

you're right i didnt literally see cash and weed trade hands up close but come on.

I don't know if I would report them, but I would remove myself from the situation. If they are in that line of employment, they more than likely have connections with "less than legal" preferences in fighting this type of accusation. You have lived with them, they have access to quite a lot of personal information, and could be difficult to deal with. I would just peacefully find another place to reside.

Believe me, I have also had certain acquaintances, and experiences of this sort. Don't cause issue, if you gently caress with their life too hard they may return the favor. My advice, don't start a pissing match, it just ends up with everyone covered in piss.

Find a new place to live, and reflect on this in 2 years as a crazy story you can tell at parties, with the ending of "I don't know what happened to them, I just moved out".

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

bandman posted:

So, pending a physical tomorrow (which I should pass no prob), I got the job that I interviewed for :toot:

They're being super cryptic about the pay and not discussing numbers yet, which is concerning. Whatever, I'm just happy to have benefits again.

As long as its not what my first contract said, you'll be fine...

Spot the problem!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Also, had to get an antibiotic shot today because medical said I probably have strep.

I feel like they implanted a softball into my rear end cheek.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Enourmo posted:

Well that makes (AI regulars - 1) of us

A lot of larger schools have on-campus doctors, sometimes even psychiatrists. I know UNT had a well-staffed student health clinic, and IIRC it was :10bux: to see a doctor (it was free when I first started going there). Something to look into if you want to look at brain drugs.

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

Try to get involved with a company now through a co-op or internship if you're really worried about gpa, and get involved in something. In both my co op interviews they brought up my involvement in baja. One of the interviews I got through applying online and I have a 2.8. My old room mate just got hired with a nuclear power plant in my hometown as an operator and he had a 2.4 in civil with no involvement in anything and no internships.

You know what you call someone who graduated from medical school with a C average?

Doctor. :rimshot:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

lmao at your house getting raided for a roommate slinging nickel bags. I am currently staring at a 3ft bong, 2 scales and a mason jar full of weed my roommate slings on our coffee table.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

and you're such a good case for lack of consequences for doing/being around drugs right?

some texas redneck posted:

A lot of larger schools have on-campus doctors, sometimes even psychiatrists. I know UNT had a well-staffed student health clinic, and IIRC it was :10bux: to see a doctor (it was free when I first started going there). Something to look into if you want to look at brain drugs.

You know what you call someone who graduated from medical school with a C average?

Doctor. :rimshot:

with 100k BSMEs being given out each year imma assume the jobs are just a tad more competitive than MDs.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 24, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

i'm not opposed to it on moral grounds, i used to smoke it myself. its entirely the very real legal consequences, which I, a white boy, have already experienced a taste of once, that i'm concerned with.

Have you even expressed your concerns with them? You could just talk to them and see where they stand, you'd be surprised at how just an honest discussion can change things, and if things don't change just work on trying to get out of the situation without throwing them under the bus which could create a backlash.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Enourmo, line up another place and move your poo poo over there. Finding a new place loving sucks but you will be much better off after busting your rear end moving your poo poo again, than constantly worrying, also being able to study, sleep and actually go out of your room without being nervous. You don't have to say anything to anybody, if anyone asks do like alternate.eago said and say you never noticed, you moved out because they were loud all the time and you couldn't study.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You are in dire need of major psychiatric help.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Stellar post A++

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

well you're not wrong

someone take a screenshot

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
you two should try and get a group rate

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, had to get an antibiotic shot today because medical said I probably have strep.

I feel like they implanted a softball into my rear end cheek.

That's the tracking device.

confonnit
Sep 28, 2001

Congrats Enourmo, you are the whiniest, most insufferable poster I've ever seen. A bloo bloo bloo if only the world was perfect and everybody catered everything to my needs :qq::qq::qq:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

confonnit posted:

Congrats Enourmo, you are the whiniest, most insufferable poster I've ever seen. A bloo bloo bloo if only the world was perfect and everybody catered everything to my needs :qq::qq::qq:

sorry

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

That's the tracking device.

No thanks I use android.

And nah, these shits just suck. I will never forget the one from boot camp. Watched a dude wake up the next day, hop off his top rack...And promptly fall flat on his face cause his entire right leg was dead from the peanut butter shot.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i mean id most more car stuff so i could be a Good Poster but i didnt have garage space anymore even before i moved into an apartment where the whole unit is smaller than the garage at my mom's place (maybe a slight exaggeration but yanno)

and being an unemployed terrible poor i dont exactly have the cash to sling at parts very often so its not like the content would be interesting anyway

but yeah sorry everyone for being such a terrible poster i hope the OP of the next chat thread has a higher postcount and/or earlier regdate so you can respect them

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
It's more like you seem like a good dude but post nothing but goon in a well poo poo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

maybe i should go get my job at sears back

work 30 hours a weeks and be perpetually part time for a company that actively hates me and is trying to shut the auto center down for an absolute pittance of a "paycheck" so that i can have that sick street cred

minimum wage! the most aspirational goal!

e: when will i accept that everyone here hates me and wants to see me perma'd

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 24, 2016

confonnit
Sep 28, 2001

It has nothing to do with cars or post count or when you registered. People have been trying to encourage you for months and all you do is mope and complain and blame everything and everyone but yourself. I was diagnosed bipolar 10 years ago and took myself off my meds after less than a year and spent the next few years feeling sorry for myself and wondering why my life sucked so much while I self medicated and floundered before I got help. If you have a mental illness that requires medication and therapy, please please please get the help you need. If your roommates smoking weed and shooting dice bothers you, then do something about it. People here care, and are giving great advice. You have to make the changes.

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Ugh is that a 202?

It's a 250 in a 1970 Nova.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

heres the thing i did all the right things that you're "supposed" to do a while back

i had a job that i was going to every day (solid routine, plus something resembling income/respectability)

i went to therapy and was on meds

i was lifting weights, lost 30 pounds and almost to the point where i didn't feel revulsion when i looked in a mirror

you know how that ended up? i started feeling down, failed a benchpress horribly, stormed out the gym (haven't been back more than a couple weeks in a row since), didn't eat for three days and spiralled into the worst depression i'd had to that point

and then my meds ran out

i did everything right and still hit a loving pit how the gently caress can i bring myself to believe it'll ever work?

E: like that's not rhetorical i genuinely want to know how i can convince myself that was a fluke and not the inevitable march of doom

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 24, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

It's more like you seem like a good dude but post nothing but goon in a well poo poo.

Seriously the biggest lesson I've learned in life is that nobody wants to hear me bitch. I could go on about the loving 1 am screaming baby I hear three nights a week or all the other poo poo with my job but who really cares at the end of the day? If you just look at the positive poo poo things go so much better and you get perspective that things you think are negative don't really matter as much.

2016 has loving rocked compared to 2015 for me and its been purely down to mindset.

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Enourmo posted:

ruin any chance at the kind of life i want for myself

You go to UCF? Walk down the street and apply to Siemens. They're full of young engineers freshly graduated from UCF. They do internships as well. They have fresh graduate programs that put you through a six month long training introduction type thing where you get to play with everything from steam to wind generation before picking an area.

You should wait until you graduate before letting the bleak reality of the world fully break you. Also, the poo poo you want now probably won't matter a bit to you in your thirties. Have some fun, everything else is details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Enourmo posted:

heres the thing i did all the right things that you're "supposed" to do a while back

i had a job that i was going to every day (solid routine, plus something resembling income/respectability)

i went to therapy and was on meds

i was lifting weights, lost 30 pounds and almost to the point where i didn't feel revulsion when i looked in a mirror

you know how that ended up? i started feeling down, failed a benchpress horribly, stormed out the gym (haven't been back more than a couple weeks in a row since), didn't eat for three days and spiralled into the worst depression i'd had to that point

and then my meds ran out

i did everything right and still hit a loving pit how the gently caress can i bring myself to believe it'll ever work?

E: like that's not rhetorical i genuinely want to know how i can convince myself that was a fluke and not the inevitable march of doom

Cos if your entire life is nothing but beer and skittles and you never run into a pit, your probably dreaming. People hit low points- its kinda a thing about being human. The trick is not to focus on that. Hell, i pulled a wrong lever at work once because i was tired and the end result was shearing off a diamond coring bit and 60m of pipe down a drill hole- Total bill for that fuckup? $110K to fix it. Did i feel like poo poo for it? Oh gently caress yes. Have I let it affect me at all? No- I'm basically the go too plant operator in my new job now.

We used to joke that my uncle carried a sack with him everywhere he went. In that sack he put everything hurtful, all the negative poo poo that ever happened to him, all the wrongs ever done against him and anything that didnt go right for him. Every now and again he'd put down the sack, pull something out, look it over, handle it, think about it and reminisce on the hurt it caused him. He died a very sad, very lonely, very mentally unwell man at 58.

You NEED to go get counseling. If your university doesn't offer it as a service, you need to absolutely hound them to help you find one you can afford.

• Locked thread