Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Cemetry Gator posted:

I'm confused. Does it sound like it is warped, it is it just a physical warp that you can't hear?

If you can't hear it, I wouldn't bother too much.

You can see it but you can't hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Since I'm a sucker for this album AND colored vinyl (or lack thereof, in this case), I bought this:

Electric Light Orchestra's Out of the Blue on 180gr clear vinyl. It includes the original band poster, but not the cardboard spaceship model (which was lame anyway) or the merchandise insert.

It is weird not seeing it on the Jet Records label (it's on Epic).

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Mister Kingdom posted:

Since I'm a sucker for this album AND colored vinyl (or lack thereof, in this case), I bought this:

Electric Light Orchestra's Out of the Blue on 180gr clear vinyl. It includes the original band poster, but not the cardboard spaceship model (which was lame anyway) or the merchandise insert.

Was that expensive?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Mister Kingdom posted:

I got this record from my parents' collection and I've been debating whether to put together the spacecraft or leave it intact

I bet it'd be cool as hell :colbert:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

BigFactory posted:

Was that expensive?

It was $33.85 from Amazon.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well I guess someone had to buy it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

BigFactory posted:

Well I guess someone had to buy it.

Yeah, Amazon put a gun to my head. What choice did I have?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
What I like about ELO, apart from being a great band, is that their records are abundantly available in any used record shop, usually quite cheap. That looks like a nice copy of Out of the Blue though

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

For $34 I want the goddamn spaceship. Even the CD copy comes with the spaceship (in miniature, natch).

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

Are you that poster who keeps compulsively buying copies of this specific album?

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Someone mentioned the Shaggs' Philosophy of the World a page or so back and asked why it was so expensive. If their RSD 7" wasn't hint enough, Light in the Attic's Instagram just confirmed a reissue is coming this year: https://instagram.com/p/BCJ5sDuMLPR/

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

theradiostillsucks posted:

Someone mentioned the Shaggs' Philosophy of the World a page or so back and asked why it was so expensive. If their RSD 7" wasn't hint enough, Light in the Attic's Instagram just confirmed a reissue is coming this year: https://instagram.com/p/BCJ5sDuMLPR/

Finally! Now I can buy that without paying 80 dollars for it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The Shaggs are the only band to make me physically angry just listening to them. I can't even enjoy them ironically.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

The Shaggs are the only band to make me physically angry just listening to them. I can't even enjoy them ironically.

You cannot please. Everybody. IN THIS WORLD.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love everything about The Shaggs, apart from the music and having to listen to the music. I can see me buying this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

CPL593H posted:

Are you that poster who keeps compulsively buying copies of this specific album?

No.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love everything about The Shaggs, apart from the music and having to listen to the music. I can see me buying this.

It's a hilarious album yet slightly more listenable than Weird Al.

Parental abuse is not funny however.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Actually the cardboard spaceship is cool and good

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

It's a hilarious album yet slightly more listenable than Weird Al.

Parental abuse is not funny however.

Who are parents?

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
A super genius over on Reddit posted a thread about his awesome way to pay for records: selling his blood.

Oh, and check out his 'blog!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Selling plasma to buy Dropkick Murphys albums and post about it on Reddit is a level of sadness none of us could ever hope to achieve.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Selling plasma to buy Dropkick Murphys albums and post about it on Reddit is a level of sadness none of us could ever hope to achieve.

Not defending their lovely, pandering bar rock in the least, but Five Finger Deathpunch seems slightly sadder than Dropkick Murphys.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

EL BROMANCE posted:

Who am I kidding, this is gonna be me too.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
lets not toss too many stones in this glass house, fellas

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

stay depressed posted:

lets not toss too many stones in this glass house, fellas

Yeah but loving Dropkick Murphys?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Speaking of dumb bullshit, is this really something that needs to exist?
http://mondotees.com/collections/music/products/home-alone-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-2xlp

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Mondo....

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

WASDF posted:

Mondo....

Your fetish object headquarters.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Still no Mondo records in my collection. Kind of proud of that.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for my Mother 2 ost to ship and am about to pre-order Better Call Saul season 1

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

Still no Mondo records in my collection. Kind of proud of that.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for my Mother 2 ost to ship and am about to pre-order Better Call Saul season 1

Aside from junk like the Home Alone soundtrack they have put out some good poo poo like the Halloween score. That said, I still wish they hadn't acquired Death Waltz.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mondo's soundtrack to The Visitor is crazy good, but that's because The Visitor is crazy good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0vBRdplSps

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Aside from junk like the Home Alone soundtrack they have put out some good poo poo like the Halloween score. That said, I still wish they hadn't acquired Death Waltz.

Their Phantasm record was pretty good.

Agreed re: Death Waltz

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

this will be cool to find in a bin for $2 in a few years.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Mondo's soundtrack to The Visitor is crazy good, but that's because The Visitor is crazy good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0vBRdplSps

I forgot about this. I have this and yes, it's good. Admittedly their releases are quality, it's just that they price gouge and then do all that lame "limited edition" bullshit that makes it harder to get the records. Mondo is like someone took all the worst poo poo about Third Man Records that Jack White has admitted is designed purposely to annoy record collectors and made that an entire business.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I forgot about this. I have this and yes, it's good. Admittedly their releases are quality, it's just that they price gouge and then do all that lame "limited edition" bullshit that makes it harder to get the records. Mondo is like someone took all the worst poo poo about Third Man Records that Jack White has admitted is designed purposely to annoy record collectors and made that an entire business.

So Third Man Records for Rue Morgue subscribers.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I can't really say much about this since the soundtrack to Joysticks is coming out on Vinyl, someone bought a banner ad for it, and I as a man with a Joysticks avatar had to own it because of course I did.

But knowing about the Joysticks soundtrack led me to the awesome site Two Headed Dog which seems to cater to obscure film soundtracks or bands that make music that sounds like film scores. Does anybody who may know about the Two Headed Dog site know if their Record Store Day releases are literal in-store releases or if you go to the site on RSD to buy them? Because there are two albums on there I really want and I doubt that any record store near me would carry those releases.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

I can't really say much about this since the soundtrack to Joysticks is coming out on Vinyl, someone bought a banner ad for it, and I as a man with a Joysticks avatar had to own it because of course I did.

But knowing about the Joysticks soundtrack led me to the awesome site Two Headed Dog which seems to cater to obscure film soundtracks or bands that make music that sounds like film scores. Does anybody who may know about the Two Headed Dog site know if their Record Store Day releases are literal in-store releases or if you go to the site on RSD to buy them? Because there are two albums on there I really want and I doubt that any record store near me would carry those releases.

A lot of that poo poo just floats around and never sells anyway so unless it's whatever the one thing is that everyone wants you've probably got a good chance to buy it. Also a bunch of sites do sell the left over RSD stock online the day after. The best known among these would be Bull Moose.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Speaking of RSD, here's an updated list. It looks a tad better than what we saw about a month ago, but for me at least, I'm still not seeing anything that's setting my wallet on fire. Maybe the Residents or the Hello Kitty picture disc. :nyoron:

Edit: And this

Ballz fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 28, 2016

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

very psyched to have gotten a copy of the new Phurpa/Deathstench lp. I've been wanting some Phurpa vinyl but the prices have been crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK5uG2fN6HE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CCVf8vMh8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anyone tried the new Discogs app yet?