Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Have you tried turning yourself into the police?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That worked! Thanks!
:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's also incredibly boring

But yeah if you do Survival on easy with everyone and story mode with everyone you should easily be above 200k. Characters cost 100k each and will be coming out monthly so you have a good time frame to get them for free.

The problem is that earning fight money after you do all that is REALLY slow. Like 2000 random matches for another 100k slow (Battle Lounge doesn't count and is the majority of what I play). You need 500k to unlock every character and that's assuming you don't buy any alternate costumes or whatever else they are gonna be selling, so eventually you will have to resort to spending real money.

Maybe the new patches will add more methods to get it, I bet when they patch in challenges finishing those will get you fight money but the last challenge is always some obtuse bullshit that will take you an hour to get

They are going to add daily challenges next month. Who knows how'd he they'll be worth though.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

PS store sales are up early today! Critics Choice awards. Some good deals to be had!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Also a $15 coupon if you buy $100+ worth of stuff this week.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Best new item of the week: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/cmll-consejo-mundial-de-lucha-libre-mexicana/cid=UT0016-NPUP10037_00-0000T60000000000

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's also incredibly boring

But yeah if you do Survival on easy with everyone and story mode with everyone you should easily be above 200k. Characters cost 100k each and will be coming out monthly so you have a good time frame to get them for free.

The problem is that earning fight money after you do all that is REALLY slow. Like 2000 random matches for another 100k slow (Battle Lounge doesn't count and is the majority of what I play). You need 500k to unlock every character and that's assuming you don't buy any alternate costumes or whatever else they are gonna be selling, so eventually you will have to resort to spending real money.

Maybe the new patches will add more methods to get it, I bet when they patch in challenges finishing those will get you fight money but the last challenge is always some obtuse bullshit that will take you an hour to get

One of the things they're adding in March is daily challenges (like Use 10 Fireballs in a Ranked Match) which will apparently give FM at a steady clip. Also I imagine by downloading a new character, you get their Story and Survival mode as an additional source of FM so it's a little boost at least.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I've been holding off on Just Cause 3 (even though I loved JC2) till they fixed the framerate and loadtimes. Anyone played it recently?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

barren_sky posted:

I've been holding off on Just Cause 3 (even though I loved JC2) till they fixed the framerate and loadtimes. Anyone played it recently?
On PS4? How far in do you have to go to have issues? I rented it on a weekend and it seemed fine :shrug:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

barren_sky posted:

Not sure what framerate issues you're referring to, but IIRC the loadtimes at launch were mostly from the game attempting and failing to connect to the social club whatever, and largely went away if you played true offline (as in the load times were still not great, but weren't on the order of a few minutes).

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Batman's DLC any good or should I just go for the base game? $21 is kinda sounding like a good deal.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I remember reading reviews that said the framerate dropped to single digits when poo poo got crazy. Maybe that was the Xbox version? Either way, $35 seems a pretty good price.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dewgy posted:

Batman's DLC any good or should I just go for the base game? $21 is kinda sounding like a good deal.

The DLC is just challenge maps and a Batgirl story, it is not worth your money

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

barren_sky posted:

I remember reading reviews that said the framerate dropped to single digits when poo poo got crazy. Maybe that was the Xbox version? Either way, $35 seems a pretty good price.

I played it two nights ago actually. It still does this, maybe not single digits but it's pretty bad. Also still has the weird flashy textures on some structures that look like there's a candle nearby or some poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The framerate is high twenties and fairly stable. Dips are rare. Its very playable as long as you stop it from going online

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've never had any issues with loading times or frame rates in JC3.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure how bad it is now, but I had to play JC3 exclusively in offline mode. It would be less of an issue if it didn't have to load the challenges to unlock poo poo, because that's when it's most noticeable.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Montalvo posted:

I've never had any issues with loading times or frame rates in JC3.

You need to blow more things up, find a train bridge, blow it up, start some poo poo, blow up the guys that show up while trains are crashing, it'll start to slow down.

It's not like deal breaker levels of slowdown, but it's definitely noticeable. If being offline fixes it as well as load times that's neat and also weird.

Oh, does that "spend 100, get 15" thing work with preorder poo poo? I know it didn't at one point but now it seems like the stipulations don't mention them one way or the other.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Can confirm I did it with preorders in the past.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is volume a good buy at 10 bucks? which platform?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just a reminder that the fallout season pass goes up in price by like twenty bucks next week so that's something to maybe consider if you're trying to reach 100 dollars if you have fo4 or about to buy it on sale.

And dark souls 3 can be pre-ordered now. Even a deluxe edition with season pass for 85 dollars. Shouldn't be too hard to get 100 this wrekm

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Real hurthling! posted:

is volume a good buy at 10 bucks? which platform?

It's basically an entire game of Metal Gear's VR missions. It's a decent sneak-em-up, although the story is a bit poo poo. As for the platforms, it's cross buy and cross save, but I would probably stick with the PS4 version. The Vita version had the graphics noticeably scaled back and has long loading times.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh my God I was not expecting to be considering getting Bloodbourne this early ...drat it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what's the purchase window for the 15 dollars back promotion?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh my God I was not expecting to be considering getting Bloodbourne this early ...drat it

It's been out for a year, that's not exactly early...?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Real hurthling! posted:

what's the purchase window for the 15 dollars back promotion?

PlayStation website posted:

Spend $100 USD using your wallet for the PlayStation®Network (“PSN Wallet”) through March 1st, 2016 11:59pm PT, and you’ll receive a $15 USD credit back on or before March 8th, 2016...

Here's the full terms of the deal: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/spend-100-get-15-terms-and-conditions/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thanks i was looking for the start date to see if any prior purchases counted but it starts this week so no.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
gently caress. I want bf4 to go on sale, not hard line.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Pope Mobile posted:

gently caress. I want bf4 to go on sale, not hard line.

It was just on sale like two weeks ago.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Baal posted:

The DLC is just challenge maps and a Batgirl story, it is not worth your money

Thanks! Went for Axiom Verge instead of the SP. If Batman really grabs me I might go for the Batman extra crap on a later, cheaper sale.

e: vvv MGSV is great. I dunno what people are complaining about. I actually got a ton of bonuses from those patches, and I can't see them really making the game worse if you start with them in place. There's some weird online resource management but I can't see it making the core gameplay any less awesome.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 24, 2016

Sacred Cow
Aug 13, 2007
Is MGS V still worth buying? I've heard rumbling about it getting some patches that make it a worse experience then it was at release.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sacred Cow posted:

Is MGS V still worth buying? I've heard rumbling about it getting some patches that make it a worse experience then it was at release.

I haven't played much since release so I have no idea about this, what happened?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

rabidsquid posted:

I haven't played much since release so I have no idea about this, what happened?

They added online resource management where a ton of your GMP is stored online and unusable if the connection drops. There's also single player challenges that give out bonus resources/GMP, so it kind of balances out. They really want people to do FOB stuff nowadays as well.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Sacred Cow posted:

It's only worse if you want to unlock everything, some of the later unlocks take absurd amounts of resources and time. But nothing that's essential.

While we're asking for recommendations, Life is Strange is worth the $10 right? I heard a lot of good things about it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

mrEkli posted:

It was just on sale like two weeks ago.

I know, I missed it. :saddowns:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Spalec posted:

While we're asking for recommendations, Life is Strange is worth the $10 right? I heard a lot of good things about it.
If you can stomach pseudo-teen dialogue long enough to keep your eyes from rolling out of your skull, it eventually gets interesting. Like way more interesting than I expected

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-witch-and-the-hundred-knight-revival-edition-demo/cid=UP1063-CUSA02929_00-TWATHKREVIVALTRI

A demo of The Witch and The Hundred Night Revival Edition is available in the web store, but I couldn't search it in the actual PS4 store.

I love the characters already from the bit I've played, but the loading times are abysmal. Like half of a Sonic 06 load time.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Sacred Cow posted:

Some of the stuff is really lovely, but the game is still really good and they did add some pretty cool things, too. I don't like how it's tied to having a stable online connection, and actively punishes you for getting disconnected, but the event FOBs and passive PFC fights are cool, and some of the new weapons are rad.

None of the patches have changed the fact that you get a dog with an eyepatch that can stab people, or that you can fill a jeep with children and stick a balloon to it.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Dewgy posted:

Thanks! Went for Axiom Verge instead of the SP. If Batman really grabs me I might go for the Batman extra crap on a later, cheaper sale.

e: vvv MGSV is great. I dunno what people are complaining about. I actually got a ton of bonuses from those patches, and I can't see them really making the game worse if you start with them in place. There's some weird online resource management but I can't see it making the core gameplay any less awesome.

Is Axiom Verge supposed to be cross-buy with the Vita version coming out? If so I might grab it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If the Vita version ever comes out

Didn't get on well with Axiom Verge, nice atmosphere but it was so slow and you don't get any good movement abilities until later in the game. Bosses were awful too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Happ did make a blog entry about the Vita version a few days ago. It runs! That's... all so far!

• Locked thread