Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My calculator app is in early alpha, so it can only multiply and only 6 and 7. If you try any other operation, it returns 42, but it's a clever reference, not me hardcoding 42 as the result for all inputs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scruffpuff posted:

"Building on the mechanics" is one of my favorite developer phrases, because it implies proper procedure and gives a sense of progress, but it's absolutely meaningless where Star Citizen is concerned. Which mechanics do you already have, and upon which you claim to be building? Have you actually built a planet yet? Have you worked on atmospheric effects? Will the gravity on the planet have an effect on flight performance? If so, what effect? Have you, in fact, done anything at all?

So here's a fun thing to do:

Step 1: Be a non-native speaker. (This step may be hard to replicate for some.)
Step b: Ignore what the statement actually means and instead imagine it a something you'd write in a second-year English class.
Step iii: remember how some verbs and idioms have prepositions and aspect markers “built in” either in, or compared to, your native language.
Step δ: Paaaaarp

For instance, in Swedish, with its insane prosody, we have these easily distinguishable variations:
“Vi bygger” = we build.
“Vi bygger” = we're building.
“Vi bygger” = let's build.
“Vi bygger på” = we're building (as in, we're still figuring out how to put the pieces together).
“Vi bygger ” = we're building on (as in, we're adding more stuff to).
“Vi bygger ” = we're still building (as in, the whole building process is trucking along).

So from the perspective of the careless non-native speaker, “building on” may not seem like it's implying anything and is rather a kind of false-friend association/translation error. Of course, in this case, I'm guessing that it's a native speaker saying these things, so the explanation doesn't really fly…

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 24, 2016

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Also lol, "high-level trolls". Are high-level trolls the lazy trolls who just give the game a cursory glance and say PAAAAARP, as opposed to the detailed trolls who mock it for things like viewing angles and physics calculations?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Didn't realize they released a patch for 2.2 already. Guess it only clocks in at 24 gigs.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319594/2-2-0a-pushed-to-ptu

That's what, a couple of doors?

Sorry

• We added:
  • A door
  • And another door
  • You can open them
  • You can close them
  • Use the handle to open a door
  • You can use the same hand to close the door
  • The doors are grey

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm a high-level troll. You can tell because I made a youtube video once.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Berious posted:

:rip: that dude's account

Send him an invite here. Oh wait, don't do that. You'll bet permabanned.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Chalks posted:

Reminiscent of Pudge from DOTA2.

loving :laffo:
the stimperor has also been known to wear buckles and leather

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Enchanted Hat posted:

You'd have to pay me to use one of those ridiculous Spitfire(?) desks. Honestly, if Chris Roberts is going to waste his backers' money on frivolous poo poo, he should at least start by hiring an interior decorator.

http://www.timothyoulton.com/products/office/furniture/desks/aviator-valkyrie-desk.html

http://www.timothyoulton.com/stories/brand-story/

Fifty shades of Star Citizen

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Enchanted Hat posted:

Also lol, "high-level trolls". Are high-level trolls the lazy trolls who just give the game a cursory glance and say PAAAAARP, as opposed to the detailed trolls who mock it for things like viewing angles and physics calculations?

I think a high level troll is someone who has been grinding on redditors for ages. That sentence sounded less disturbing before I typed it out.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Berious posted:

Sorry

• We added:
  • A door
  • And another door
  • You can open them
  • You can close them
  • The doors are grey

Hey wait. I recognise that pattern.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGTskjusHw&t=351s

CRobber is really re-living that old Origin dream. :haw:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Berious posted:

Sorry

• We added:
  • A door
  • And another door
  • You can open them
  • You can close them
  • The doors are grey

Well they fixed a calendar and liquor cabinet...

Important Issues:

There are red-gold lights surrounding the major space stations on Crusader, which is distorting visuals in the areas.

The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is not currently being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.

Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.

EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics is having issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.

We highly recommend using a ship with a cockpit if you have one available, or using the test Sabre. Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

ArcCorp, Area 18

Fixed an issue where texture conflicts were occurring with a wall across from the trash incinerator.

Fixed an issue with a ceiling fan in Cubby Blast was placed outside of its alcove.

Crusader

Fixed a lighting issue in Kareah Security Station where the station was very dark in multiple areas.

Fixed an issue with the quest “Tips and Tricks to Surviving Your Death Warrant” where the quest text was abruptly cutoff.

The ATT-4 laser rifle now spawns in your bedroom once you have completed the mission “Public Enemy Declared”.

Hangar

Fixed issue in Revel and York Hangar where the calendar was reflecting off the wall.

Fixed an issue with the liquor cabinet dropping in and out of view for a player, depending on players distance from the cabinet.

Game Systems:

Fixed an issue that was allowing Star Marine to show up as active to players in the Electronic Access menu. We appreciate everyone quickly reporting this to us!

Fixed an issue where the AI spawns during some of the research missions were in an idle state instead of engaging players.

Ships:

Fixed an issue where the joystick and throttle were not animating correctly for the Pilot when flying the Sabre.

Shields on the Sabre have been fixed so they now correctly appear on all sides.

Fixed an issue where switching between SCM and Precision mode was breaking SCM mode for most ships. Please report on Issue Council if any ship still has this problem.

Fixed an issue where “Replaceme” textures were showing up on the M50.

Technical:

Fixed several server crashes.

Fixed a client crash.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

I don't understand game development but shouldn't all of this have been decided, say, 3 years ago?

Remember when they posted pictures of them modelling the economy using bits of paper, like a board game? I suppose Chris changed his mind and threw all that poo poo out. Or they were just bullshitting and scribbled LOLFARTS on a bunch of post it notes to look productive

They are keeping it secret not to spoil the surprise.

The surprise is they have no idea how they are going to make any of this poo poo.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

page 2099

i hated this comic when i was a kid

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember when some sad CIG nerd had a custom computer part with the AEGIS Aerospace logo on it and showed it to Sandi to gain her approval and she didn't know what the gently caress it was. Man that was good.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Enchanted Hat posted:

You'd have to pay me to use one of those ridiculous Spitfire(?) desks. Honestly, if Chris Roberts is going to waste his backers' money on frivolous poo poo, he should at least start by hiring an interior decorator.

They already have an interior decorator.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

• Hello friends
  • It is that time
  • It is patch time
  • Here are the patch notes
  • Listed below:
  • In response to demand
  • We have added a dynamic hud color scheme
  • Your hud will now be the same color
  • As the object you are looking at
  • This is the first step in integrating custom hud colors
  • Because Chris Roberts found out ED
  • Allows this
  • But doesn't want it to be the same.
  • Please note:
  • Fuscia
  • Grey
  • Burgundy
  • Magenta
  • Backgrounds will cause your client to
  • crash
  • Do not look at those colors

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Keep an eye out for stuff from this range in the CIG LA office.

quote:

After decades of exposure to the high seas and elements, the reclaimed wood from the hulls, decking, and beams of the Chinese boats reflects uniquely weathered colourations and textures which would be impossible to achieve with any man made finishing technique.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The den of an rear end in a top hat.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

I think I hate Timothy Oulton and everything he represents

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Enchanted Hat posted:

They have one. In addition to her myriad of other qualifications, Sandi is obviously the best decorator in the world and has been ever since she was a little girl.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

Remember when they posted pictures of them modelling the economy using bits of paper, like a board game? I suppose Chris changed his mind and threw all that poo poo out. Or they were just bullshitting and scribbled LOLFARTS on a bunch of post it notes to look productive

They made a game out of it.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/693491423283277825

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

The reclaimed wood stuff is pretty cool (although I'd be a little worried about the toxicity), but "hand-treated metal detailing" is a nice way of saying "we welded a frame and then paid some day laborer to rub acid on it".

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That's cool. Glad at least one complete game came out of this project.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

The den of an rear end in a top hat.

Easy wipe clean surfaces for any sticky substances left over from your donuts.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AP posted:

I don't know how much old scrap reclaimed Chinese wood costs, but I do know that box section steel frame can be knocked together for about £4.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

That link is great. You scroll down, they have a photo of all the Aviator stuff, but because they know that it's hideous, they try to distract you by covering it up with some other furniture in the foreground:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The reclaimed wood stuff is pretty cool (although I'd be a little worried about the toxicity), but "hand-treated metal detailing" is a nice way of saying "we welded a frame and then paid some day laborer to rub acid on it".

I am exceedingly wary of an advertisement promising a cost hike due to employing nice rectangular flat pieces of wood derived from 50 year old sodden marine hull planking pulled from decommissioned fishing craft that operated on the other side of the planet.

e; I mean, if you were strolling through your local marina, dodging seagull poo poo as you try to smother your wailing children's insistent howling by stuffing their noise traps with an overpriced glob of ice cream and some grizzled old fisherbastard who was in the process of ripping apart his ancient fishing tub that wasn't made of fiberglass like everything else this side of the Vietnam war offered to let you take the dryrot infested planks off his hands for an easy $1000 you'd probably not backflip at the chance.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 24, 2016

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Variable 5 posted:

They have one. In addition to her myriad of other qualifications, Sandi is obviously the best decorator in the world and has been ever since she was a little girl.

If you can't appreciate Aviator furniture, you just don't understand game design interior decorating.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

I am exceedingly wary of an advertisement promising a cost hike due to employing nice rectangular flat pieces of wood derived from 50 year old sodden marine hull planking pulled from decommissioned fishing craft that operated on the other side of the planet.

One of the other pieces advertised wood reclaimed from old Chinese doors.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Decrepus posted:

Remember when some sad CIG nerd had a custom computer part with the AEGIS Aerospace logo on it and showed it to Sandi to gain her approval and she didn't know what the gently caress it was. Man that was good.

Wait, that really happened? :laffo:

Please provide the relevant link.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do your bit for saving the planet today! *

* Warning: May contain traces of Dimethyl phosphorochloridothioate, Hexachlorocyclopentadiene and nuts.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The tetanus is free!

Honestly I thought the desk in and of itself was pretty cool and might make for a good centerpiece of an office depending on your profession, but the majority of the stuff is terrible and ugly.

The homemade desk effort is absolutely fine - it's been homemade for a tiny fraction of the price. The professionally produced items look about as good and for 10 times as much money.

overpriced wank shop posted:

Tim left boarding school aged 18, thinking he’d probably end up a city banker. That first summer, he helped out in his dad’s business and was captivated by the world of antiques.

Banano fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 24, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/croberts68/status/239085704028753920

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

I think I hate Timothy Oulton and everything he represents

Yeah, and he was a terrible James Bond too.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Banano posted:

The homemade desk effort is absolutely fine - it's been homemade for a tiny fraction of the price. The professionally produced items look about as good and for 10 times as much money.

So he thought he'd become a massive oval office but ended up being merely a oval office. That's good personal growth well done Timothy

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Ponzi posted:

Yeah, and he was a terrible James Bond too.

I PITY the man who can't appreciate a good cello chase scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QZuOQZ1HC4&t=50s

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Enchanted Hat posted:

I PITY the man who can't appreciate a good cello chase scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QZuOQZ1HC4&t=50s

That owned

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Enchanted Hat posted:

This is a good sign for 2100 onwards.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Berious posted:

So he thought he'd become a massive oval office but ended up being merely a oval office. That's good personal growth well done Timothy
I think he's basically this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgysRim_zT4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : we have nothing to declare

• Locked thread