Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

The artist is just inspired by the greatest comic of our time, Jojo

Batman and Robin are totally out of character here.

P. good Nightwing, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Bohemian Nights posted:

The duck mouths reminds me of the Batman heavy metal video.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Rincewinds posted:

The ducks bat mouths reminds me of the Batman heavy metal video.

FTFY

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Bohemian Nights posted:

I understand the point of that panel, but I can't help seeing Bruce as doing a facepalm.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Parahexavoctal posted:

I understand the point of that panel, but I can't see Bruce.

FTFY

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Those sure are some badass potatoes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The reading order could not be more confusing.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Lurdiak posted:

The reading order could not be more confusing.

Yeah they really hosed that all the way up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

His time is now

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Batman and Robin are totally out of character here.

P. good Nightwing, tho.

I initially saw that as 3 Dick Graysons, no conflict there :v: .

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Fixed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"Wh-who are you?!"

"I'm-- BATMAN!!"

*60's Batman theme plays way too loud*

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I wish there was ever a time in which a young William Shatner played Batman.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He could do it right now, it's not too late.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The rest of Miller's run on The Authority was trash but the first arc was baller. :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Those are really stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Discendo Vox posted:

Those are really stupid.

It's a superhero murdering someone then psychologically torturing someone else, of course it's in Wickedhate's badass folder.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone should be posting Midnighter here, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

It's a superhero murdering someone then psychologically torturing someone else, of course it's in Wickedhate's badass folder.

The last one was badass because he helped the guy. Later he gets a gets a letter from the dude and he's started a family.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Everyone should be posting Midnighter here, though.

The best Midnighter was the backwards issue where every page took place before the last one until you got to the beginning/end and learned that's how his battle computer brain works.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Someone post the Invisibles issue where King Mob is cool and awesome and blows away loads of mooks with his guns because he is so badass

and then the follow-up issue charting the life of one of those random mooks up until the point where he gets his brains blown out

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

I thought the second page was pretty nice, actually.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

prefect posted:

I'm guessing you mean the third page with the iron man hug rather than the second page with the anal rape with a pile driver.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

team overhead smash posted:

I'm guessing you mean the third page with the iron man hug rather than the second page with the anal rape with a pile driver.

Whoops; my bad. :blush:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

prefect posted:

Whoops; my bad. :blush:

No, too late, your opinion is now sealed forever in the Internet. And you disgust me.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

prefect posted:

:stonk:

e: that'll teach me to finish the thread before posting.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I think "Please! I've got kids out there somewhere!" is at least a little clever, as lines go.

e: oh wait, this is the badass panels thread, nvm

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Yeah, "He just needs a hug," played straight, is actually kind of badass, and not at all what I might have expected.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Deadpool Team-Up #886

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

There are over 880 issues of a deadpool teamup comic?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This scene from Green Lantern: Rebirth (I think it was that one) best encapsulated the Batman/Hal dynamic better than anything.

The best part about it is that up until this page, Batman was drawn menacingly in complete shadow, the illusion of a Dark Night whose John's ring exposes, revealing the terrified man.

Other parts that I need to find are Hal knocking Batman out with one punch, or Batman attempting to make plans to deal with Parallax on hs own before Alan Scott covers him in a big glowing GL symbol and tells him "Bruce, no, giant fear-incarnate bugs are for Green Lanterns to deal with, you dumbass".

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

hiddenriverninja posted:

There are over 880 issues of a deadpool teamup comic?

It started with Deadpool #900 and went in reverse. I think the original intent was to go Memento with the narrative, but it didn't happen.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Gavok posted:

It started with Deadpool #900 and went in reverse. I think the original intent was to go Memento with the narrative, but it didn't happen.

Before someone asks, no, there have not been 900 Deadpool issues, no matter how you add them up.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MisterBibs posted:

Hal Jordan is the best Green Lantern!

Batman iz stoopid!

GL: Rebirth isn't the biggest "It was better when I was a kid" wankfest only because The Flash: Rebirth also exists. :jerkbag:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SonicRulez posted:

GL: Rebirth isn't the biggest "It was better when I was a kid" wankfest only because The Flash: Rebirth also exists. :jerkbag:

That's how I immediately took it too, but I think that particular page works in a vacuum. The way Hal was written in the first few issues of N52 Justice League was nauseating and it's a good "hey, shut up" to that kind of thing. (I know Rebirth predates that, but still)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

The best part about it is that up until this page, Batman was drawn menacingly in complete shadow, the illusion of a Dark Night whose John's ring exposes, revealing the terrified man.

I mean, I'd be shielding my eyes too if someone shined a blinding green light into my face in the middle of the night.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

All this Hal talk is making me nostalgic for the old "Hal Jordan Sucker Punching An Old Man" edits.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
From the shoulder
beyond the wrist
look out old man
it's my fist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

I mean, I'd be shielding my eyes too if someone shined a blinding green light into my face in the middle of the night.

He's actively recoiling to the equivalent of a flashlight.