Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if YOU were Marco Rubio and you see how Trump has dominated your opponents would you want to get his attention ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Beck might actually lose it.

Well more so than usual.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Glenn Beck is now comparing himself Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

SILENCE IN THE FACE OF EVIL IS EVIL ITSELF

Lmao.

Also the endorsements begin. If he's up after Tuesday the field will consolidate. Behind trump.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
This is why winnowing matters.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Don't tell that to Kaisch, he's just here to gently caress over everybody else.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
rubio wants desperately to be trump's vp pick.

it's his only out now. Everything he is doing is to lose as much momentum/support as possible without seeming like he's quit.

Missed rallies, that CPAC stuff, not more aggressively pursuing endorsements.

his brand is dead if he wins the nomination

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

May I ask: on what page were Nevada G.O.P. results posted?

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 24, 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
anyone predicting with any certainty how a general election will play out with Donald Trump as the GOP nominee is full of poo poo

you are as in the dark as everyone else here

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot

Kindergarten Camp posted:

May I ask: on what page Nevada G.O.P. results were posted?

page 1488

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Brannock posted:

I didn't say that he would breeze through the general, I just don't think it'll be a blowout. It'll be a nasty, prolonged, very close fight.

Oh it will be a fight, but unless someone disastrous happens and people just decide not to vote at all, the election is not favorable to Trump. There is a argument to be made that Trump has already hit his ceiling on who will vote for him or not. He is not like other Republicans where if their guy lost the primary, they will still vote for the other guy. This time the other guy might be Trump and that changes a lot. But this election has been quite the anomaly so you may end up being right, who the gently caress knows.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

AllanGordon posted:

it's his only out now. Everything he is doing is to lose as much momentum/support as possible without seeming like he's quit.

Rubio wants to be Governor of Florida. Losing this won't kill him too much because he wasn't always expected to win and can easily blame Bush for the Trumpenreich.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Logikv9 posted:

Don't tell that to Kaisch, he's just here to gently caress over everybody else.

The rnc really needs to figure out how to get rid of Kasich and Carson before Super Tuesday otherwise they are going to get routed even harder than they are now

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

CortezFantastic posted:

Oh it will be a fight, but unless someone disastrous happens and people just decide not to vote at all, the election is not favorable to Trump. There is a argument to be made that Trump has already hit his ceiling on who will vote for him or not.

ahahahahahahhaahhhahahahahahahahahahahah

people literally said this since 10% in the polls

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

nachos posted:

The rnc really needs to figure out how to get rid of Kasich and Carson before Super Tuesday otherwise they are going to get routed even harder than they are now

Kaisch: Guaranteed cabinet position in an establishment presidency
Carson: Pay him off

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

AllanGordon posted:

According to everybody posting on the internet, all the GOP runners want to be Trump's VP. It's a stupid hypothesis. They all want to build their brand either for a future run or another seat elsewhere. That's it.

Except Ben, he just wants to sell books, and god bless his heart for getting away with it.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

Rubio wants to be Governor of Florida. Losing this won't kill him too much because he wasn't always expected to win and can easily blame Bush for the Trumpenreich.

being a governor is a lot of work. being a vp is not a lot of work.

I wonder which one Rubio desires more given the way the cards have been dealt.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

nachos posted:

This doesn't actually help cruz and rubio!!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Also, being the runner-up to Trump is not a bad place to be if you assume Trump is going to flame out in the general and lose in a humiliating landslide. Which might or might not happen, but it's what the establishment figures who back Marco (and presumably Marco himself) believe will happen.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

I'll ask again because I wasn't given the right answer last time:
On what page were Nevada G.O.P. results posted?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

xbilkis posted:

There have been multiple articles about how the Republican donor base is reluctant to mount a Trump-stumping because they're scared he might attack them back. What the gently caress do they imagine will happen??

Wait- people who aren't even loving running are afraid of reprisal? What?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Kindergarten Camp posted:

I'll ask again because I wasn't given the right answer last time:
On what page were Nevada G.O.P. results posted?

there is a whole thread for the nevada gop primary. Just maybe the results might be there.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

Also, being the runner-up to Trump is not a bad place to be if you assume Trump is going to flame out in the general and lose in a humiliating landslide. Which might or might not happen, but it's what the establishment figures who back Marco (and presumably Marco himself) believe will happen.

:agreed:

he apparently already realizes trying to fight this out is a bad idea and I think his best bet is challenging a weak Hillary presidency or waiting 8 years.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Right Wing True Conservatives posted:

Trump is! A big baby poo poo man! He is bad and bad and I hate him! Do not vote the poopy man because I do not vote the angry mad wig man!

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

bat boy loves trump

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mister Macys posted:

It might backfire precisely because Trump enjoys attacking other candidates for taking in donations, while he supposedly doesn't. If there is a big-budget advertising campaign taken against him, he'll just use it as proof that rich donors are subverting democracy and attacking him, because he scares them.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Mister Macys posted:

:smug:

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

AllanGordon posted:

there is a whole thread for the nevada gop primary. Just maybe the results might be there.
Yes, but I wanted to see real time reactions in this thread to it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

AllanGordon posted:

being a governor is a lot of work. being a vp is not a lot of work.

I wonder which one Rubio desires more given the way the cards have been dealt.

I read an article that I can't find again, but that made a reasonably compelling case that what Rubio hates most about the Senate is he's one dude and has very little personal power (and everything he's proposed has gotten shot down by his own side, even non-immigration stuff). A governor doesn't have to take poo poo from anyone, but a VP's job is basically to take the President's poo poo (and if that President is Trump, that is A LOT of poo poo).

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

hello twitter activists

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

ahahahahahahhaahhhahahahahahahahahahahah

people literally said this since 10% in the polls

Ahh the old Trump ceiling argument. I know we SAID it was 10% back in July but it's definitely for sure 45% in February.

At this rate, by November his ceiling will be as low as 60% of registered voters.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Also, he generally knows who is funding the attack campaign and he can just attack them on Twitter.

God, people are so sensitive right now. Trump's just cyber-bullying everyone to death.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Rich donors are terrified of donating to anti-trump ads because Trump will go after them personally. He already started very visibly sharpening his stabbing-knives for that Cubs owner who was talking about donating to oppose him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I have no idea what the outcome of TRUMP vs HILLARY will be but from what I am hearing from both camps is that it's going to be the ugliest campaign in recent history.

And by recent history I mean since the 1800's.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Logikv9 posted:

God, people are so sensitive right now. Trump's just cyber-bullying everyone to death.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

evilweasel posted:

Rich donors are terrified of donating to anti-trump ads because Trump will go after them personally. He already started very visibly sharpening his stabbing-knives for that Cubs owner who was talking about donating to oppose him.

cyberbullying is not only real, it is now a successful presidential campaign strategy

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Maybe I should be more specific. I wanted to know where in this particular thread I could find the place where the Nevada G.O.P. results were just coming in, in order to see realtime reactions.
Anyone know offhand?

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 24, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Out of all the "primary to general" changes coming, I'm most looking forward to what happens when a candidate gets to talk about Trumps little nazi squad without worrying about losing their own little nazi squads votes.

I see a lot of "why isn't the press covering this?" when the answer seems obvious to me. This is a race for the king of rear end in a top hat-land and no one is really that shocked that the winner so far is a loving rear end in a top hat. This is what Republicans are, that's what they want.

If that's what the rest of the country wants too then cest la vie, but I doubt it.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

I have no idea what the outcome of TRUMP vs HILLARY will be but from what I am hearing from both camps is that it's going to be the ugliest campaign in recent history.

And by recent history I mean since the 1800's.

ends up the trump primary was only the opening act :getin:

mannerup fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 24, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

evilweasel posted:

So? What do they think is going to happen? That people won't buy Cubs tickets?

Do they think he's got the same influence Oprah did when she said she wouldn't buy beef during the first Mad Cow scare, or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
isnt the average voting totals for the GE still pretty low in comparison to total population

do you think Trump can energize brand new voters

• Locked thread