Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Hot take: Master Yi is a midlaner, not a jungler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

This is a lot of words about not ganking as the jungler. Even if you get "nothing" in terms of summoners or KDA because the laner was ahead, you still get a reduction of pressure on your lane by forcing the enemy back/damaging them so they can't all in etc. If you aren't doing that, your lanes will lose.

Counterjungling is far far riskier than ganking and as a devourer jungler you lose a hell of a lot more failing an invade than not getting a kill or a summoner ganking.

Theres literally no reason to not gank as the jungler. Getting your sated a minute earlier when all your lanes are losing isn't going to win you the game. Always be ganking. I am a jungle main who doesn't give a gently caress about what the laners want, I want to win, I gank.

There are, actually, very viable and good reasons to not gank as a jungler

1. If the enemy laner is close to or under their tower and diving would be very risky (#1 way I have seen toplane get fed is the toplaner getting a double kill because the toplaner had flash and survived long enough to let the turret do the rest of the job)

2. The enemy laner is playing very safe, and/or has an incredibly safe laning phase and has not put themselves in a vulnerable position.

3. Enemy vision on lanes is strong and you are unlikely to surprise an enemy.

Some good reasons to counterjungle:

1. The enemy jungler returned to their top jungle at half health and the enemy toplaner or midlaner just backed. For the next 20 seconds or so the enemy jungler is going to be extremely vulnerable, and so it is a good idea to enter the jungle and kill him and take his camps.

2. The enemy jungler is ganking on the other side of the map from you and the enemy solo laners are not in a vulnerable position. It is a very good idea to take the enemy's buffs (if able) and camps and ward their jungle in order to prepare to fight over Dragon, Herald, or Baron.

3. Your matchup heavily favors destroying the enemy jungler, the classic age-old Lee Sin and Nidalee etc. shitter strategies of constantly making the enemy Amumu's life hell. On top of being fantastic gankers their ability to enter the enemy jungle swiftly and escape countering aggression from the enemy team with their strong early game power and mobility lets them push the enemy jungler out and keep them from growing stronger.

I can go on and on. If for whatever reason ganking is uncertain or risky you are better off farming, warding, or counterjungling. The reason Jungle is such a complex role for most people is that there are rarely ever any yes/no situations and that the optimal strategy to employ can change constantly from minute to minute. It's foolish to think that any one way to play the jungle is the "only way" and oftentimes counterjungling is much much less risky than committing to ganks yourself, but it all depends on the vision, awareness, and position of the enemy team on the map, as well as how your teammates will respond to and deal with the enemy laners that are leaving lane to fight you when you are counterjungling.

In short, counterjungling wisely and in a calculated manner should involve little or no risk, and a big part of this is time management, map awareness, and understanding when it is risky or not to do so, which mostly comes with experience.

To add into the Devourer jungler argument, there is nothing wrong with building Devourer on champions that synergise very well with it. In fact, you should go into the game assuming you are going to do your best to control objectives and farm efficiently, so that unless you get Dyrus'd by the enemy team in your jungle, your exertion of pressure allows you to take the big +5 stack objectives and +2 stack crabs on top of farming for those +1 stacks on the regular camps.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Hot take: Master Yi is a midlaner, not a jungler.

for want of season 2 yi

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I saw on PBE they were toying with making GP kegs store only 3 maximim? At any level?

That would completely gut him in teamfights I think since you generally need to throw 2 kegs to reliably get them off without getting killed by the other team, hope that isn't something they're really doing

It's in tomorrow's patch with the parrrley gold gen nerfs, they are pretty much aiming to completely destroy GP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Basically nothing so far has changed my mind about devourer promoting a style of game play I don't enjoy

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I think scaling junglers are fine and cool but sated devourer should be deleted from the game

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
whats the reasoning behind a champion killing me and then dying 1 second later and me not getting an assist

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Did you damage or CC them?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

agreed

NEW PRO AS HECK MASTER YI BUILD

runes:

movespeed quints, everything else attack speed

build:

devourer jungle, mob boots, and 3 zeals should be your midgame goal

build each of the zeals into phantom dancer, statik shiv, and trinity force for maximum go fast

last item is your choice, though duskblade isn't a bad choice and neither is ohmwrecker for those SICK NASTY TOWER KILLS

Just tried this, entered the Yi zone extremely hard.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-64-notes
So the patch notes are out
And Jhin's w and r are now considered single target vs champions.
Dft jhin will have 60% bonus ad scaling now that's actually pretty good rather than the 30% he has now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Wow that clearly level cooldown increase on Fiora's W. 5 seconds added on is huge.

e;rip Gangplank

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Libertine posted:

I'll never understand the widespread obsession with trying to play a scaling melee carry in the 4th place gold earning role which is defined by early game contribution. It's a mystery that has baffled me for years.

The trick is to not be such a low gold earning player by taxing the poo poo out of your lanes.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

quote:

Ahri
Charm no longer stops dashes in their tracks.

Ahri's been strong for a long time, and it's not hard to see why. Her mobility, damage, and pick potential are all on the high end, playing a crucial role in her effectiveness. When assessing what areas to adjust, Charm stuck out as an area of inconsistency. While displacements (knockups and knockbacks) have always stopped movement abilities, stuns, fears and taunts do not. Charm was alone in this, and while having unique CC is definitely neat (both from a thematic and strategic perspective), it’s the fact that it’s on Ahri’s kit that we get into issues. Specifically, Ahri's intended to be a champion that uses superior damage and mobility to navigate deadly situations if she wants to emerge the victor. Instead, Ahri also happens to have the best in (and out of) class stopping power that negate some of her biggest predators with no real recourse.

E - Charm
REMOVEDSTONE COLD FOX Charm no longer interrupts dashes
(Charm will still apply after their movement ends)

This is the smartest balance change they've made in months. It probably won't have a big effect on Ahri's winrate, but it's a great way to subtly nudge a champion that has been OP for awhile in the right direction. It's like the total opposite of their usual hamfisted "DESTROY ALL THE NUMBERS" approach they've been doing lately.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Leblanc is going to dunk on Ahri now

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
no graves nerfs? booya >:)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
That bloodlust change made it in gently caress yes

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
The fact that Lux has 0 nerfs incoming still despite having the top winrate and play rate in mid lane for the last eternity makes me kinda sad, but then again, what would the do to nerf her without totally shitcanning her?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mottie posted:

The fact that Lux has 0 nerfs incoming still despite having the top winrate and play rate in mid lane for the last eternity makes me kinda sad, but then again, what would the do to nerf her without totally shitcanning her?

Nerf her base hp/armour to make her vulnerable to assassins in laning phase, add 20/15/10 seconds to her ult CD by rank.

They won't touch her until the mage rework anyway; she's not a problem for competative like GP/Ryze were and her winrate isn't grossly out of tune with the rest of the field like Udyr/Graves/etc. Her matchups will completely change when the rework goes through.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
drat Riot wasn't happy with Gangplank dying once this past year already huh?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I like how Kog barely got a tap on the wrist. Udyr didn't get hit very hard either.

Those two are still gonna be top bans, huh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kashuno posted:

Wow that clearly level cooldown increase on Fiora's W. 5 seconds added on is huge.

e;rip Gangplank

I have literally no idea what you're trying to say.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

quote:

The eagle screech in Statue of Karthus's dance audio is no longer global for allies

drat

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

phone posting walking through my office owns.

Was trying to say that adding 5 seconds onto the cooldown time of riposte is a huge increase in cooldown time. And also RIP Gangplank again.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

siri level shitpost mk. 2

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

siri level shitpost mk. 2

glad we found the season 7 thread title this early in the year.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

I like how Kog barely got a tap on the wrist. Udyr didn't get hit very hard either.

Base attack speed nerfs are exponential though,
for example if he has 250% bonus attack speed he's going to lose 0.2 attacks per second, which means it'll take kog an extra second or so to stack his gunblade (which in itself takes time to give him attack speed), that doesn't seem like much but remember he functions entirely off of on hits, so he has a larger period of vulnerability when you try to fight him.
It's probably not going to be enough to make him weak though.

Then again this doesn't mean poo poo down in bronzeland so who knows.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 24, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_9zg-z61Q

This skin is amazing. Leblanc is getting so many incredible skins...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

They are nerfing Runic Echoes as well, combination of all 3 nerfs will probably be fairly substantial to Udyr.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Firebert posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_9zg-z61Q

This skin is amazing. Leblanc is getting so many incredible skins...

OH MY GOD.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mottie posted:

Base attack speed nerfs are exponential though,
for example if he has 250% bonus attack speed he's going to lose 0.2 attacks per second, which means it'll take kog an extra second or so to stack his gunblade (which in itself takes time to give him attack speed), that doesn't seem like much but remember he functions entirely off of on hits, so he has a larger period of vulnerability when you try to fight him.
It's probably not going to be enough to make him weak though.

Then again this doesn't mean poo poo down in bronzeland so who knows.

Yeah but even then his power is so significantly high that this reduction won't have much of an impact. Tuning down his utterly obscene lategame damage to be only very obscene doesn't do anything. If he gets to his lategame he wins pretty much regardless of whatever else happens.

If they want to tune him down in a way that matters without just erasing him from playability they need to impact the reliability of his getting to endgame like they explained they're trying to do with Malphite.

RE: Udyr nerfs, the total sum reduction in his stats is 20 off the shield at rank 5, 20 off the cone damage every third hit at rank 5, and 3% bonus movespeed lost from Mana Echoes. It'll hurt him a bit but that does absolutely nothing to his insane clear speed, farming, pushing, etc. potential.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 24, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

They are nerfing Runic Echoes as well, combination of all 3 nerfs will probably be fairly substantial to Udyr.

Isn't Udyr pretty strong with warrior or even cinderhulk still anyways. He seems like they'd have to massively nerf his base stats in order for it to be a substantial nerf to him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y62_m3pblGU

the new annie skin you can only get through hextech crafting is awesome too. drat.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y62_m3pblGU

the new annie skin you can only get through hextech crafting is awesome too. drat.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Leblanc skin is really great, and Hextech Tibbers is metal as gently caress.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Those skins are ridiculous. I want them and I haven't even played either champion in a couple of years.

I wish Illaoi were better. It feels like hooking early is absurd, hooking late is useless, and she's required to itemize for tank, damage, and CDR to be effective. The kit itself is amazingly fun (giant tentacle bros beating up your opponents while you make snarky remarks) but the combination of all the subtle poo poo you have to do to be successful and how punished you get in the failure cases is pretty maddening.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I wish most junglers didn't require a leash because I'm demure as gently caress and hate asking people for anything.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gridlocked posted:

I had an argument with a friend over why none of the LCK players buy Devourer ever.

He said it was because they don't have time to farm the stacks. I say it's because they don't play farm-for-20-min-and-carry-junglers who want Devourer but rather ones that have Cinderhulk/Warrior/Echos and can impact the game more readily.

He was very vocal about me being stupid. He plays farm-and-carry-junglers and also is the kinda guy who will say "I can't carry this" every time we lose a game.
the biggest difference between an NA jungler and an LCK jungler is that even if both regions have no first blood until 25 minutes, an LCK jungler has been applying a lot of pressure and helping capture objectives so they haven't had time to power farm, whereas anyone except for Dardoach and Reignover has probably been wandering around loving lost for 25 minutes because there were no lanes to gank and they STILL didn't have the time to power farm.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Isn't Udyr pretty strong with warrior or even cinderhulk still anyways. He seems like they'd have to massively nerf his base stats in order for it to be a substantial nerf to him

He's been really strong for a long time but hasn't really been a problem until Echoes, it's really the perfect storm of Echos/swifties/DMP and reworked FF that make him a bitch to deal with. He will still be strong with these nerfs but like not 58% winrate. They should just rework Phoenix stance so everyone runs the much cooler Tiger build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I wish most junglers didn't require a leash because I'm demure as gently caress and hate asking people for anything.

Just ping the spot and say nothing

• Locked thread