Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Spalec posted:

While we're asking for recommendations, Life is Strange is worth the $10 right? I heard a lot of good things about it.

Yeah, absolutely worth it at that price. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Spalec posted:

It's only worse if you want to unlock everything, some of the later unlocks take absurd amounts of resources and time. But nothing that's essential.

While we're asking for recommendations, Life is Strange is worth the $10 right? I heard a lot of good things about it.

It's wonderful, please buy it. It made me cry like a little girl at least 3 times. It's sad and beautiful and clever. Little clunky around the edges due to budget, but it's got heart and soul in abundance. The game is luminous.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Pope Mobile posted:

gently caress. I want bf4 to go on sale, not hard line.

From what I gathered from the BF4 thread, Dice did a good job of taking the fun out of the game. I bought the whole deal with season pass when it was on sale and haven't really touched it.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
for real this time weakest month yet for ps+

Full Lineup

Broforce, PS4
Flame Over, PS Vita
Galak-Z, PS4
The Last Guy, PS3
Reality Fighters, PS Vita
Super Stardust HD, PS3

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Galak-Z looks cool and I've been wanting to grab it for a while so that's about it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

What's the consensus on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture being worth $10 or not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will play Galak-Z.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

man nurse posted:

I loved it at full price. But it's very slow. And you just walk around and listen to sparkly things talk to each other. I can totally understand why people hate it too.

-e- maybe watch a bit of a Youtube walkthrough (early game, so you don't get spoilers) to see if you might like it?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Glad I waited for Galak-Z.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:laffo: at putting Super Stardust on the Plus game collection, since that was one of the games they gave away to apologize for being hacked. Guess they are really running out of poo poo to put up there

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

I liked it a lot but I also can't deny it is slow and lacking any real interactivity even for a walking sim. If slowly walking through a fully realized British countryside and uncovering a cool scifi story sounds good to you, go for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*checks YouTube* jfc those Vita games :gonk:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

*checks YouTube* jfc those Vita games :gonk:
I'm actually kind of relieved that Reality Fighters probably won't work on PSTV :pwn:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The burden of a Vita owner is a tough one to bear.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Flame Over seems pretty cool. It's a fire fighter rogue like. Nothing amazing but I've been wanting to try it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Would it be super :tinfoil: to speculate that whenever they have a Plus lineup that's total poo poo, they make sure to get one game people have at least heard of and put it up with two no-name games in a vote that's a foregone conclusion? Cause that sure is what it looks like.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

yes I know, "why don't they do it every month then," ha-ha

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly the most annoying thing about that lineup for me is that the choice game was supposed to be in addition to the other games, not instead of one.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CrashCat posted:

:laffo: at putting Super Stardust on the Plus game collection, since that was one of the games they gave away to apologize for being hacked. Guess they are really running out of poo poo to put up there

They could start putting up good games again or offering just SOMETHING ELSE. Hell, give new PS+ people the option to pick from some old PS+ freebies they may have missed out on. I don't care. Anything.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Super Stardust HD is a good game though :confused:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i like firefighting games

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

axleblaze posted:

Oh yeah, it most definitely is, and I got it, because my PlayStation account was compromised some years back. Because I decided to stick with them and give them more money, I am now offered it again! It's a win-win!

But by good games, I mean, like fuller, higher-quality games. Like, P4AU shouldn't be the rarest of exceptions. Years ago, we got things like Dragon's Dogma and Uncharted 3. Now, we have... Dragon Fin Soup.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

axleblaze posted:

Sure, but it's doubly annoying because:
-it was already given out before
-there's a slightly updated version available for the PS4 that would have been a better ps plus offering

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Boo, no PSP games next month? :v:

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Takoluka posted:

Years ago, we got things like Dragon's Dogma and Uncharted 3. Now, we have... Dragon Fin Soup.

Years ago they were trying to find an audience for PS+. Now we don't really have a choice.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

Sure, but it's doubly annoying because:
-it was already given out before
-there's a slightly updated version available for the PS4 that would have been a better ps plus offering

Well that was more in response to him saying "why don't they give out good games they've already given away to newer members" and I was just saying Stardust HD would still fall under that criteria.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

man nurse posted:

I guess so - that's what I paid and even though I was let down I didn't feel ripped off.

The main reasons to play the game are the graphics and music, but the movement speed is painfully and distractingly slow even if you hold down the run button the entire time. It takes the "walking simulator" genre very literally in that regard. The story was disappointing for me, too, but I went in with decent expectations. With low to moderate expectations you should enjoy it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

barren_sky posted:

Years ago they were trying to find an audience for PS+. Now we don't really have a choice.

Yeah, that's the sad thing. Literally everyone predicted this the second they made PS4 online require plus

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

man nurse posted:

Echoing what was said before, it's good but slow, and you've got to be down for what it offers. It's absolutely a great and pretty recreation of a 1984 English village, and it's even a little sad creepy at times.

The soundtrack alone is worth it, stunning work there. All the side story vignettes are great, but I had some issues with the two main characters. Going for the platinum made me replay it a couple of times and somehow the more time I spent with it, the more I just appreciated being in this little time capsule. But then, rainy campsites in 1984 was my childhood, so I got a very specific nostaliga buzz from it. I still get the urge now and then to load it up for a quick wander down the streets for a virtual tour.

Definitely worth playing, and the price is up to you, depending on how much walking simulators are your thing. Pro-tip: there's a "run" button. There's a lot of walking, and moving a bit faster helps mitigate one of the biggest issues people had with it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

El Hefe posted:

Full Lineup

Broforce, PS4
Flame Over, PS Vita
Galak-Z, PS4
The Last Guy, PS3
Super Stardust HD, PS3

Since I only own a ps4 this looks pretty good to me. At least I'll play Broforce; last few months have been pretty underwhelming for the PS4 stuff (though to be fair I already owned Helldivers).

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

barren_sky posted:

I loved it at full price. But it's very slow. And you just walk around and listen to sparkly things talk to each other. I can totally understand why people hate it too.

-e- maybe watch a bit of a Youtube walkthrough (early game, so you don't get spoilers) to see if you might like it?

Thay just seems a great PSVR game that was released too soon.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

The slowness of EGttRapture is clearly engine limitations. The game does look great, but even that tiny bit of extra speed you get from holding the 'run' button causes noticeable pop-in.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Happy for the PS4 games but lol that might be the worst PS3 offering ever.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Sacred Cow posted:

Is MGS V still worth buying? I've heard rumbling about it getting some patches that make it a worse experience then it was at release.

Just nthing that it really is worth buying. Gameplay wise it is the best in the series imho. You will burnout it and tired of some of the missions, especially sideops. But even so you're going to get dozens of hours gameplay out of it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Got super drunk and bought bloodborne and Madden 16.
Browsing this thread and the sales at 1am is a bad idea.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Buying Bloodborne is never a bad idea.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I died a whole lot after 6 glasses of wine.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

El Hefe posted:

Full Lineup

Broforce, PS4
Flame Over, PS Vita
Galak-Z, PS4
The Last Guy, PS3
Super Stardust HD, PS3

excited to get galakz and flame over honestly. broforce and stardust are good too but i already have them.

wouldnt surprise me if flame over runs like rear end on vita but we will see

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

El Hefe posted:

Full Lineup

Broforce, PS4
Flame Over, PS Vita
Galak-Z, PS4
The Last Guy, PS3
Super Stardust HD, PS3

They're not even loving trying, are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Grabbed rocket league, its alot of fun. I can see why people get so hooked on it. Too bad the player base seems a little small. Though I can still find games easy enough.

• Locked thread