Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

that could be why you think she she shows up so often, since you recognize it you notice, but the rest you just forget about

Are you implying that I am subject to bias???????

Me, Zep, the totally fair and just????

I initially thought it was just the idol who appears on your main page but since I had Mio or Mao or whatever her name was as my leader until I got my SR, that sure as hell ain't the case.

Shouko was on my team briefly though, until I got Kaeda.

I don't think I've heard Kaede either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm putting 'record all the title screen voices' on my list of projects for when I have an abundance of free time. I just restarted like five times and the only one (besides the group one) I could immediately place was Kanako.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Luckily I'll never have so much free time that I'll want to wait through the startup before it even gets to the title screen that many times.

More importantly, it's Chihaya's birthday tomorrow, or rather in 4 and a half hours

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Luckily I'll never have so much free time that I'll want to wait through the startup before it even gets to the title screen that many times.

More importantly, it's Chihaya's birthday tomorrow, or rather in 4 and a half hours

Oh, glorious day!!!

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I managed to break into the top 50k yesterday. And I'm still there today! Holy craaaaaaaap

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I'm still managing to sit in the top 100k. Sittin at 81k

I checked before playing the event song and I am pretty sure I was at 80k and after i played it i was at 81k.

:shrug:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Platinum Stars outfits in your fanart is definitely 'in'

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

I managed to break into the top 50k yesterday. And I'm still there today! Holy craaaaaaaap

I'm 98,549th as of now. Definitely going to have to burn through my stamina bottles between now and tomorrow if I really want to do this.

Skwee posted:

I checked before playing the event song and I am pretty sure I was at 80k and after i played it i was at 81k.

:shrug:

The rankings only update every 15 minutes, so that can happen easily enough, particularly as things start to wrap up

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

I'm 98,549th as of now. Definitely going to have to burn through my stamina bottles between now and tomorrow if I really want to do this.

The rankings only update every 15 minutes, so that can happen easily enough, particularly as things start to wrap up

oh i see

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm going to have to revise my estimate of 15,000, I'm going to say minimum 16,000 now. Maybe I'll give it a miss, I only have 12,000.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i've got 13,332 and sitting at 78,333 (I guess it updated again and put me higher from playing that song rather than lower)

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'm around 16,000+ points right now. I think I can probably get to 18,000 tonight.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You should go back to the panda sig, imo, or change it to something else entirely. This seems like cheating.

how does it feel like cheating

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Being able to finally do full 3 song EX Medley's is so nice. Makes getting the SR a breeze. Still burning some gems on it because I was literally 3 days late, but the struggle is no longer necessary. What a glorious day.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
slides after taking a shower = not so slide

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

slides after taking a shower = not so slide

*accidentally flings phone off the table at mach 3

lol oops

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Wooooooooooow

So I decided to make a team based on "Life" instead of overall or whatever, and practiced the event song on master and passed it with loads of life to spare. I think koume and maybe some other person was healing me.

Why didn't i try this sooner

maybe i can pass loads of master songs now

Except only with C scores.

Still C rank for the event song is 272 points, where S rank pro is only 240.

but points per token for C rank is 1.81 for C rank master, where it's 2 points per token for pro S rank.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

Wooooooooooow

So I decided to make a team based on "Life" instead of overall or whatever, and practiced the event song on master and passed it with loads of life to spare. I think koume and maybe some other person was healing me.

but points per token for C rank is 1.81 for C rank master, where it's 2 points per token for pro S rank.

I always use a healer team for my first attempt at a Master song. The sudden slide notes everywhere that Masters tend to throw at you just wreck me otherwise.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Lol, the current threshold for tier 3 is 19.5K points, this is going to be a fun night.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

Wooooooooooow

clearing master songs is still a pretty good idea because it's a guaranteed 50 jewels if you clear it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I still don't think I've FC'd any Master songs from events because they tend to be like HEY HAVE FUN WITH THIS SLIDER

I'm very close to getting Tulip, though; just need to be consistent. Most troublesome slider is the end zigzag that gradually shifts left and is concurrent with two consecutive holds. I can get it sometimes.
And then there's the rapid hold-release+tap bit near the middle-end. Thank goodness for perfect locks.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
this prediction bot on twitter thinks that tier 5 will be 19.5k points

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
did a 10+1 on jp

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Tier bot better not be right.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

did a 10+1 on jp

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Tier bot better not be right.

Seems pretty likely

I assume calling tiers 1-2-3-4-5-6 is some kind of SIF thing because I had to open the twitter to be sure which one Skwee meant

Polsy fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 24, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

Seems pretty likely

I assume calling tiers 1-2-3-4-5-6 is some kind of SIF thing because I had to open the twitter to be sure which one Skwee meant

no we are talkin about SS

at least I am
https://twitter.com/deresute_border
https://twitter.com/cindere_border

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

no we are talkin about SS

I mean calling 50,000th place 'tier 5' because that doesn't mean anything to me

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

I mean calling 50,000th place 'tier 5' because that doesn't mean anything to me

well there's like different tiers of rewards,
tier 1 would be like 1 - 2,000
tier 2 would be 2,001 - 10,000
tier 3 10,001 - 20,000
tier 4 20,001 - 50,000
tier 5 50,001 - 100,000 (the last tier you can get anastasia as a reward)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's not even her birthday wtf

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'm not going to be able to play for the last 16 hours of the event since I need to go straight to bed after classes to get to work tomorrow, but I have 20k points so I feel like I should be fine...

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I could see 50k at 20, but 100k? That's kinda nuts.

Also nico nico ow my tables.

e. lol 2k is at like 42,000 pts what the gently caress.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
but yeah i misread the thing it is predicting 17k for 100 thousand rewards, not 19.5k

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

well there's like different tiers of rewards,

Sure, I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, I was just saying all the SIF players were already calling it tier whatever from the beginning, like they all say 'idolizing', so presumably it's either directly called that in the game or the community decided on that at some point, whereas I've never thought of them like that.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm not going to be able to play for the last 16 hours of the event since I need to go straight to bed after classes to get to work tomorrow, but I have 20k points so I feel like I should be fine...

Yeah, that's definitely good for the top 100k unless something really crazy happens.

e: I think I'm done, I don't care enough to get second Koume and I don't really like my chances of staying in the top 100k, especially since I'll be at work for the last 4 or 5 hours.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 24, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

Sure, I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, I was just saying all the SIF players were already calling it tier whatever from the beginning, like they all say 'idolizing', so presumably it's either directly called that in the game or the community decided on that at some point, whereas I've never thought of them like that.

I'm not really into the community or whatever, so was just calling it whatever I felt like calling it

Can i not call it tiers in SS since they already call it tiers in SIF

e: or wait it seems like you don't know if they were calling it that or not. Idk if either game is calling it tiers, it's just that is what made sense to me.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 24, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I don't have a problem with it other than the additional mental step, I was legitimately curious whether 'tier X' was some kind of 'thing' in SIF, either in the game itself or in the community.

Assuming it still looks like http://i.imgur.com/96oc4VP.png in the game I guess it's a community thing.

e: ^ yeah, basically that

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

stupid back and forth slider thing at the end not registering one of the slides... Like, how do you register all of the other ones, but not one of them? Not like I changed the pace at which i was sliding midway through and then returned to the correct speed afterwards.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'm slowly losing grounds in the placing already.

However, I did FC Rosenberg Engle's song, so I only have one left in PRO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It took me a long while to figure out that slides wanted me to continue sliding past the end a short ways. I dislike slides a lot.