Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nitrox posted:

No. Please enlighten me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm3TjRxntQk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

this is a fuckin pro click if you haven't seen it yet

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

It's a child repeating the same phrase over and over again. Doesn't explain anything

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Elias_Maluco posted:

Its kinda funny how black people all over the globe had to learn to be offended by it because something that happened in the USA

Nobody gave a poo poo about it here in Brazil (with blackface-like costumes being kinda common in carnival, for example, and were never considered offensive by our large black population) until black activists learned from american black activists that it was offensive and racist and started preaching it here

But not everyone got the memo yet: popular singer Michel Teló did a half-blackface has a message against racism in his instagram account

He was of course called a racist for it and forced to delete the picture and apologize

Needs to step up his game, Roddy Piper had him beat 26 years ago

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Solice Kirsk posted:

So was this their attempt at Archie Bunker or....?

Archie Bunker was inspired by Alf Garnett from 60s/70s British sitcom 'Til Death do us Part' which also had a bigoted father in law to a leftist son - but the family were poorer, and the son was a Trotskyite. The 70's was a weird time for British class/race interactions on TV.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I get this...

Dalai Llama...

Very clever...

Snoop Dogg too. Not sure about Ron Perlman though.

Funny Post: RUINED

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nitrox posted:

It's a child repeating the same phrase over and over again. Doesn't explain anything

Pay closer attention.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Nitrox posted:

Autism.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Doubtful Guest posted:

The 70's was a weird time for British class/race interactions on TV.
Another case in point: "Mind your language" was a sitcom set at an English Language school for foreign nationals, and the comedy is based almost entirely on national stereotypes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MApatYdSxO8

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

RCarr posted:

Pay closer attention.

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhh

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ozz81 posted:

Needs to step up his game, Roddy Piper had him beat 26 years ago

Star Trek had him beat. Blackface and whiteface! In the same package, even!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've been laughing to myself all day at "swamp Germans."

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Nitrox posted:

The boy appears on his scooter, riding at the park. He seems unaware of the other people in attendance at said park. This disconnection, lack of response to queries, and repetition of a phrase he's fixated on implies the child is not of sound mind. Where does a child pick up such a phrase? We'll break down his words in three parts. First, nig nog. An uncommon racial slur not typically used by people of color. Tryna Get a Hand Beezy explains the purpose of Nig Nog's efforts in this narrative, a hand job likely provided by another unidentified person. The wording heavily implies the phrase being directed towards the child from said Nig Nog. From this deconstruction we can assume Nig Nog was directing the child to remove himself from the premises so he could achieve his hand beezy.

The implications of looking deeply at the child's actions describe a series of events and even perhaps a home lifestyle to provide context. The child likely lives with and or is related to a prostitute. A man, desiring a hand job from this prostitute, is on premises and ready to complete his business transaction. The child however prohibits this transaction while he is present, so either the man, the prostitute, or another third party demands the child to vacate immediately with the phrase "Nig nog tryina get a hand beezy!" The child leaves with his scooter to spend time at the park and allows the hand beezy to commence, not able to block out of his mind what is happening back at home.

Such stresses can cause mental imbalance in children, young adults, and even fully mature adults. The child expresses his stress by fixating on the phrase, repeating it over and over to occupy his mental capacity on something other than the visualization he would otherwise focus on.

What is unclear by this interpretation is who the original speaker of the phrase is. While it could have been spoken by the Nig Nog referencing himself in the third person, this is unlikely due to the lack commonality of the phrase in minority cultures. Perhaps then the phrase was spoken by the prostitute, upset that he or she could not complete their job with the child present, which would also contribute to the fixation on the phrase from the child.

While you simply see a child repeating a phrase over and over again, such as the videographers who are heard laughing in amusement, there is a deep and enlightening explanation to the phrase "Nig nog tryna get a hand beezy." Like RCarr posted, you need to pay closer attention if you wish to understand.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Like I said, autism.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Nitrox posted:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay on our planet.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

So I went to a friend's Christmas party one time who had made a small variety of fun alcoholic beverages for his guests. One of them was called "nig nog", which was pretty good, and was basically eggnog with black food coloring and a higher-than-usual alcohol content. He loved walking around the party asking his guests, "so which is your favorite?"

It was hard deciding whether to say "the black one" or "nig nog" was better in that situation.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

How many pages now?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

veedubfreak posted:

Like I said, autism.

But enough about that dude's post.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Judge Schnoopy posted:

500 word essay

Thank you, it explains everything. Now, how about some pictures

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nitrox posted:

Thank you, it explains everything. Now, how about some pictures

Having photographed many parades, welcome to the magic of television. :allears:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

Having photographed many parades, welcome to the magic of television. :allears:

You should post some of those photographs, or funny images in general

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doubtful Guest posted:

Archie Bunker was inspired by Alf Garnett from 60s/70s British sitcom 'Til Death do us Part' which also had a bigoted father in law to a leftist son - but the family were poorer, and the son was a Trotskyite. The 70's was a weird time for British class/race interactions on TV.

yeah it was a time of mass immigration and racial tensions were high, and these sitcoms seem to have been made with the intention of reducing that (the bigoted white guy always gets his comeuppance in these things), but they backfired and became beacons for racists. the actor who played alf garnett regretted it later in life and hated being a hero for arseholes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nitrox posted:

Maybe that's his girlfriend's name? Or It's spelled out in meatballs or something.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nitrox posted:

:flip:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Nah, that's a standard hipster that hates his parents.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe that's his girlfriend's name? Or It's spelled out in meatballs or something.

I think the last time this image was posted someone was talking about how good the vegan hotdogs were at the Texasrangerdome, or wherever the hell the Texasrangers play.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Solice Kirsk posted:

oh boy, that reminds me of Bestiality Carter.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The PYF subtitle really should never have been changed from "nerds coldly compiling lists," because every time a thread deviates from that formula someone has a mental breakdown.

Masked Pumpkin
May 10, 2008

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The boy appears on his scooter, riding at the park. He seems unaware of the other people in attendance at said park. This disconnection, lack of response to queries, and repetition of a phrase he's fixated on implies the child is not of sound mind. Where does a child pick up such a phrase? We'll break down his words in three parts. First, nig nog. An uncommon racial slur not typically used by people of color. Tryna Get a Hand Beezy explains the purpose of Nig Nog's efforts in this narrative, a hand job likely provided by another unidentified person. The wording heavily implies the phrase being directed towards the child from said Nig Nog. From this deconstruction we can assume Nig Nog was directing the child to remove himself from the premises so he could achieve his hand beezy.

The implications of looking deeply at the child's actions describe a series of events and even perhaps a home lifestyle to provide context. The child likely lives with and or is related to a prostitute. A man, desiring a hand job from this prostitute, is on premises and ready to complete his business transaction. The child however prohibits this transaction while he is present, so either the man, the prostitute, or another third party demands the child to vacate immediately with the phrase "Nig nog tryina get a hand beezy!" The child leaves with his scooter to spend time at the park and allows the hand beezy to commence, not able to block out of his mind what is happening back at home.

Such stresses can cause mental imbalance in children, young adults, and even fully mature adults. The child expresses his stress by fixating on the phrase, repeating it over and over to occupy his mental capacity on something other than the visualization he would otherwise focus on.

What is unclear by this interpretation is who the original speaker of the phrase is. While it could have been spoken by the Nig Nog referencing himself in the third person, this is unlikely due to the lack commonality of the phrase in minority cultures. Perhaps then the phrase was spoken by the prostitute, upset that he or she could not complete their job with the child present, which would also contribute to the fixation on the phrase from the child.

While you simply see a child repeating a phrase over and over again, such as the videographers who are heard laughing in amusement, there is a deep and enlightening explanation to the phrase "Nig nog tryna get a hand beezy." Like RCarr posted, you need to pay closer attention if you wish to understand.

Read this on my phone and had to scroll up to check it wasn't SMG.

CONTENT:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Masked Pumpkin posted:

Read this on my phone and had to scroll up to check it wasn't SMG.

CONTENT:

What a fag

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nothing gayer than touching another man's heart.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PCP is a helluva drug.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

captainOrbital posted:

I think the last time this image was posted someone was talking about how good the vegan hotdogs were at the Texasrangerdome, or wherever the hell the Texasrangers play.

They play in Arlington.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pretty sure I had a magistrate quote that to me once.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Star Trek had him beat. Blackface and whiteface! In the same package, even!

That dude the Riddler.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That dude the Riddler.

Frank Gorshin? Hardcore, never knew.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

NotAnArtist posted:

Frank Gorshin? Hardcore, never knew.

Yup, the one on the left that's black and white, not white and black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That dude the Riddler.

THANK YOU, that was killing me.

• Locked thread