Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Dias posted:

Guy that gets his head blown off is called Joseph, odds that the main character dude has a Jo-name?

his name is apparently Diesel, from what Not N'Doul said. I wonder what his 'Stand' is called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

his name is apparently Diesel, from what Not N'Doul said. I wonder what his 'Stand' is called

He's Tom Diesel and his Stand is apparently Meta Hammer from what I can tell, also the Dog is Chewbacca

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ekusukariba posted:

Tom Diesel and his Stand is apparently Meta Hammer
Comics are dumb

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even though this comic is like 20 year old, I want everyone involved to be sued.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Oh, I didn't know Nick Simmons read Jojo.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Even though this comic is like 20 year old, I want everyone involved to be sued.

I couldn't even find it while I was google searching it, so it seems like basically no one knows about it.

Where'd did Hatty even find this thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I found a 4Chan thread with the full scans in it, so maybe there?

this is what araki gets for stealing band names for characters hunf

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I love how Star Platinum is basically blue Blanka in a Liefeld outfit.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The first thing any comic book artist learns in the 90s is how to draw Hulk

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A "Cheap Trick."

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

the new scans on part 4 are so nice.

When I originally read it, I thought that whatever Crazy Diamond hit would repair itself no matter how much damage he did, which made me think that all it's power (like how strong it could hit, not the actual healing ability) was kind of useless; getting hit by it doesn't matter because you just heal right back. the DUWANG Scans did not make this easier to understand, so I spent all of Part 4 thinking Crazy Diamond was useful as a healer but not physically. This wasn't helped by the fact Aqua Necklace apparently isn't super connected to Angelo, so the first Stand User he fights is able to get punched up as a Stand without suffering. The new scans make it clearer that he can fix someone with his punches like he does with his Mom, or he can just straight up waylay someone and not heal them with it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Send a crack squad of Stand assassins at Jochen Weltpens and Pookie

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gimme a break ...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
JaJa's Kooky Quest is real

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just finished reading the whole thing.

It disappoints me that someone could steal so blatantly from Araki and still not manage to produce something good.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
And here is the link to the entire chapter.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

GoldenPrice posted:

The Asian guy is named Jet Lee.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

GoldenPrice posted:

He literally went as far as ripping the line Jotaro uses to refer to Iggy's Stand "The simplest are the strongest" jesus christ dude

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

GoldenPrice posted:

That was awful. Why did I read it.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I don't know if i'm thankful or sad that it only got one issue, I kinda want to know how bad it could have gotten

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ekusukariba posted:

I don't know if i'm thankful or sad that it only got one issue, I kinda want to know how bad it could have gotten

I wish it had gotten a second so he could steal the Stand Letter/Graph notation.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I want to see the bootleg version of the Dio fight, complete with some substitute for the road roller. Maybe a truck.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i want more boring jojos

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that's why i'm excited for the part 4 anime

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raserys posted:

I want to see the bootleg version of the Dio fight, complete with some substitute for the road roller. Maybe a truck.

I love the OVA, too.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
It would obviously be a monster truck

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Why does Not'Doul have talons?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Here's something about NotJo that I don't think anyone else has noticed.

This page. Zoom.

Enhance.

Not'Doul's cane is making an indentation in the grass in an entirely different panel. Was the guy not paying attention?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Obviously that's the power of his Stand.

Is there an ETA on the next JoJolion chapter? I need it so bad already...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Here's something about NotJo that I don't think anyone else has noticed.

This page. Zoom.

Enhance.

Not'Doul's cane is making an indentation in the grass in an entirely different panel. Was the guy not paying attention?

And Fauxhammad Avdol and his stand are both over that panel of Not'Doul chilling, while the energy waves flowing around them disappear under the Not'Doul panel

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

you're looking at it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Transcript is up on Mangahelpers so HWMN probably have the scans and are cleaning and typesetting so any time in the next couple of days I guess.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Aurora posted:

I love the OVA, too.

Can I be the person who thought that Dio versus Jotaro in the OVA was way better then the anime version of Dio and Jotaro?

I legitimately feel like the anime fight suffered purely for the fact it was just a scene by scene recreation of the Anime when they could have really let loose and let Jotaro and Dio beat each other up for awhile. I know there's arguments about 'if you drag the fight out it says totally different things about the fight and changes the message and isn't really Jojo-ish anymore which isn't really about people beating the crap out of each other but rather about outthinking and making the opponent lose their cool' or whatever, but there were some really cool exchanges in the OVA.

I'm not saying the manga fight is bad but rather I have different thoughts on what's good for a manga versus an anime.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I don't think anyone disagrees.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really like how the anime portrayed Dio vs Kakyoin. The scene goes straight from 20 Metre Radius Emerald Splash to Kakyoin getting a hole through his chest with nothing inbetween, we don't actually see how The World works until Kakyoin's figures it out. It's a cool way of communicating what an appalling powerful, logic defying ability The World has and underlines what an important sacrifice Kakyoin made by taking the hit and making it comprehendable to the cast (and viewers).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't think anyone disagrees.

Think again.

The OVA doesn't even have Roadroller, which is the actual pinnacle of the fight.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

multijoe posted:

I really like how the anime portrayed Dio vs Kakyoin. The scene goes straight from 20 Metre Radius Emerald Splash to Kakyoin getting a hole through his chest with nothing inbetween, we don't actually see how The World works until Kakyoin's figures it out. It's a cool way of communicating what an appalling powerful, logic defying ability The World has and underlines what an important sacrifice Kakyoin made by taking the hit and making it comprehendable to the cast (and viewers).

Yeah, everything leading up to the fight between Dio and Jotaro is really good, I'm not denying that. There's a clip on Youtube of someone putting Dio stopping time back into the time where Kakyoin dies, and it really clearly fits together, and the way they did it was super cool. I just don't like the Dio/Jotaro fight. Well not even 'don't like it', I just think it could be better.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Think again.

The OVA doesn't even have Roadroller, which is the actual pinnacle of the fight.

yeah but it has an Oil Tanker. Which is pretty cool and explains why it randomly blows up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There are people who defend the oil tanker over the road roller and I will never understand you.

DIO stopping time for nine seconds, looking for the heaviest thing to drop on Jotaro, seeing a Road Roller and going "This will do" is way better than any oil tanker explosion.

The fight in the anime was severely held back by awful DIO faces where he looked like Koichi, barely had a face at all, or having blood gush out of his head be portrayed by just a layer turning on and off, but the road roller is Good.

The Kakyoin portion of the fight and the time stop effect were also perfect.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm glad they didn't drag the fight on like some dbz poo poo. who would want that