Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Super Best Friends was way too adorable.

As was Thunder and Lightning. They did a really good job with all of those shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, the DC nation shorts were great, they were the main reason I kept watching Young Justice and Green Lantern. It really makes me miss those shows that were compendiums of little oneshots that could be picked up later for series.

There's also:
-Superman of Tokyo (very, very different from Shanghai Batman)
-Deadman
-Green Arrow
-The precursor clips to Teen Titans Go
-Weird Al Riddler.
-Black Lightning's kids
-Doom Patrol
-The Metal Men

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I really liked those Marvel Mash-Up shorts from Disney XD.

Just people kinda riffing on the older shows.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
In case you missed it, DreamworksTV put out a series of ongoing shorts called Lizzie, which is about a lizard girl in high school. It's funny and cute, and even drops more mature humor every now and again so it's worth checking out if you have the time.

Here are the episodes
Nerd Love
My Dad, the Lunchlady
Iguana Be a Cheerleader
If the Skin Fits
Green Eyed Monster
Misadventures in Babysitting

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah, the DC nation shorts were great, they were the main reason I kept watching Young Justice and Green Lantern. It really makes me miss those shows that were compendiums of little oneshots that could be picked up later for series.

There's also:
-Superman of Tokyo (very, very different from Shanghai Batman)
-Deadman
-Green Arrow
-The precursor clips to Teen Titans Go
-Weird Al Riddler.
-Black Lightning's kids
-Doom Patrol
-The Metal Men
The Plastic Man ones were great and Tom Kenny is the perfect voice for Gil

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I remember that there were plans on having red lantern dex-starr on GL before it was canceled.

Gaunab posted:

I want a series out of those Shanghai Batman shorts.

Edit:

wolf smoke also made something very similar to that:
(Kinda NWS) https://vimeo.com/28494779

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 25, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That list reminds me, I think my favourite individual Teen Titans cartoon episode was the one with Thunder and Lightning. They were pretty cool one-shot characters.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My favorite was always the one with the book. I was always a fan of Raven. Magic is neat.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was always partial to the one where Robin keeps thinking Deathstroke (Yeah, I know) isn't dead and is basicaly going off his head about it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Man, I didn't care about Young Justice, the bad CG Batman cartoon, or even TTGO. But the number one thing lost from DC Nation going defunct was all the various shorts they put out. Hell, I bet they could have lasted another couple of years if they greenlit full series based on:

-Batman of Shanghai
But Korra did get greenlit. :confused:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

But Korra did get greenlit. :confused:

How dare you.

How dare you.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think my favourite character interactions in TT were Raven getting closer to Beast Boy and Cyborg in Nevermore(personal fave episode) and Raven getting closer with Starfire in the episode where they swapped bodies. Both afforded real insight into her character and were generally cool and funny.

In other news I was thinking about Sabrina the Teenage Witch earlier as I started collecting DVDs a few years ago out of Nostalgia (still found it funny, probably just nostalgia though) and realised during that time why Libby was a more interesting Evil Cheerleader than most later examples of the archetype: She isn't evil because she's a cheerleader like the later versions of those characters tend to imply. She is a cheerleader because it gives her power. Even when stripped of her title she can quickly rebuild, in the episode where Sabrina turns her into a nerd, she just becomes Queen of the Nerds and makes them the new feared clique in school.

Also Harvey is much funnier after he breaks up with Sabrina, when he comes back in the penultimate season, during the college years, he got some of my hardest laughs. Unfortunately I can't find a clip, but there's an episode where Harvey is at the Coffee house and Josh gets talking to him after a fight with Sabrina. Josh thinks Harvey's speaking metaphorically but Harvey thinks Josh has figured out that she's a witch, as his opening line is "I think I know why you two broke up". Then this happens:

Josh: I can't believe you put up with her for so long!
Harvey: Has she turned you into a puppy dog yet?
Josh: No but she's trying...
Harvey: Yeah but that's nothing compared to when she got me pregnant!
Josh: Wait, what are you talking about?
Harvey: :gonk: Wait, What are you talking about? *Flees the shop in a panic*

There was also an amazing scene where Harvey conspired to cheat at poker by Salem hinting at everyone's hands. He initially turns Salem's offer down but Josh starts being a bad winner. Harvey just locks eyes with Salem... and nods.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So apparently Nickelodeon wants to make a Legend of the Hidden Temple movie :crossarms:
http://www.slashfilm.com/legends-of-the-hidden-temple-reboot/

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I really enjoyed the Musical episode Wander over. My favorite song has to be Dominators.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 2, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

So apparently Nickelodeon wants to make a Legend of the Hidden Temple movie :crossarms:
http://www.slashfilm.com/legends-of-the-hidden-temple-reboot/

I hope the last 20 minutes are of a group of explorers trying and failing to assemble the SHRINE OF THE SILVER MONKEY

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

thelaughingman posted:

I really enjoyed the Musical episode Wander over. My favorite song has to be Dominators.
That thing was an awesome finale. And "I'm the Bad Guy" was definitely my favorite song too.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Well this is a thing:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/big-hero-6-disney-xd-tv-upfront-1201720222/

Which is good, as the film certainly didn't have enough room to do the characters justice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been wanting Disney to explore the universe more since I saw the movie. It's ripe for all sorts of stories and I'm completely fuckin' in.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

thelaughingman posted:

Nothing will ever top the lil' black cube of darkness in my head.

I wonder how this whole Dominator thing will turn out in the end. This whole schtick of being too evil for Wander to solve with friendship and kindness is getting old, and it's philosophically inconsistent with the rest of the show.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Between the charmingly toyetic world of robots and conspicuously inclusive group of heroes Big Hero Six already felt a lot like a pilot for a show. If anything the actual plot of the movie was the weakest part of it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Them becoming superheroes felt extremely secondary to Hiro's plot, so a cartoon focusing on them heroing and the college life sounds pretty rad. It'll be nice to have a straight up superhero team cartoon again. Unless somehow Avengers Assemble season 3 gets good.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

big hero 6 was a v mediocre movie and considering that animated tv shows based off animated movies are always worse than the source material...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Well this is a thing:

Which is good, as the film certainly didn't have enough room to do the characters justice.

This is pretty much what everyone was expecting, isn't it?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Them becoming superheroes felt extremely secondary to Hiro's plot, so a cartoon focusing on them heroing and the college life sounds pretty rad. It'll be nice to have a straight up superhero team cartoon again. Unless somehow Avengers Assemble season 3 gets good.

Is that Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon still on? I never watched enough of it to tell if it was good or not.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

In today's Nickelodeon cashing in on 90s nostalgia news, the Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie got officially green-lit...

http://www.avclub.com/article/nickelodeon-wraps-14-year-cliffhanger-greenlights--233170

I'm curious as to how they're going to approach it. The generation that grew up on that show are all adults now and I'm pretty sure the younger generation doesn't know or care for HA! The whole appeal of it is that it finally resolves the cliffhanger from the finale. Unless Nick plans on hyping it by playing reruns in the weeks leading up to its release only the adults are going to be invested enough to want to watch it.

Regardless, sweet sweet closure. :pray:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

raditts posted:

Is that Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon still on? I never watched enough of it to tell if it was good or not.

Wait, that was a thing that happened? What channel did it air on?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

I read a review somewhere that said it's the best Marvel cartoon on right now... but that's a low bar to clear, so it's just kind of mediocre.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Toxxupation posted:

considering that animated tv shows based off animated movies are always worse than the source material...

Aladdin and Hercules would like to speak with you

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ramos posted:

Wait, that was a thing that happened? What channel did it air on?

Disney XD I think? It started like a year ago.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sockser posted:

Aphrodite
Aphrodite
Aphrodiiiiteeee

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Senerio posted:

Aphrodite
Aphrodite
Aphrodiiiiteeee

"What a relief, all day I have been swamped by goons that cannot get dates for my dance."

edit: Actually, just watch this entire clip.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 3, 2016

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

raditts posted:

Disney XD I think? It started like a year ago.

The commercials I'd see for it during Gravity Falls made it look like the animation was just lazy and awful. And Star Lord's voice is completely unsuited for the character.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sockser posted:

Tarzan also had a pretty good cartoon, as did Buzz Lightyear and the Lilo & Stitch TV series was pretty decent(although it had a lot of really weird crossover episodes)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was sad when I finally managed to catch the Hercules film, and he was older in it.

Film was solid, but the TV Show was a lot of fun.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Well this is a thing:

It'll be easy enough to get TJ Miler to reprise his role. It's not like he's doing Gravity Falls right now.

I hope we'll get to see them to to Kyoakland.

Though, the TV show they did for Kuzko was pretty bad.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

El Tortuga posted:

the animation was just lazy and awful.

Archer has a lot to answer for when it comes to animated shows that are barely animated.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

PicklePants posted:

It's not like he's doing Gravity Falls right now.

He wasn't exactly doing Gravity Falls when it was airing, either.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sleeveless posted:

Archer has a lot to answer for when it comes to animated shows that are barely animated.

That type of thing goes back WAY further than Archer. If you really want to get to patient zero it'd probably be Dr Katz or Space Ghost. Archer is actually pretty well animated, especially when you compare it to the creators two previous shows (Sea Lab and Frisky Dingo)

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 3, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sea Lab 2021 is some goddamn win

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I tend to say "Get down here and give Hesh some sex" on a weekly basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
UH OH

"Chopper Dave, we have uh oh"

UH OH