Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Phosphine posted:

I adopted some pets.

Goddammit. I bought the ladle without knowing I was breaking up a family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I bought an RCA-HDMI upscaler. It was $16. Works pretty well for my N64.

I just use RGB through SCART on my 40" Sony LCD but I guess not all TVs even have that nowadays? Then again, back when I bought the cable, 16-dollar RCA-HDMI thingies didn't exist :shrug:

What game on an N64 that isn't available on XBLA or Wii are you even playing?

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

strangemusic posted:

Everyone's commenting about the expensive NES but no one noticed the $1,000 electric motor longboard?

(Once again, I'm not shaming you for buying it. I'm just... astonished that it exists. Is it for people who live in the Canadian prairies where there's no such thing as a hill?)

I live fairly close to my work and I plan to use it to commute.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Phosphine posted:

I adopted some pets.

edit: wow that pic turned out poo poo. Phonecameras <3

What do the six smaller ones do?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Geoj posted:

I'm hoping they sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS5IgC6fQGg

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Geoj posted:

They're loose leaf tea steepers, I believe.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I was hoping they were soup spoons so you can use the tiny ones after you dish it out with the big one. :3:

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Geoj posted:

They're tea infusers. Can double as spoons for thick enough fluids, i guess, but they have holes in the bottom.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Ms Boods posted:

I'm hoping they sing

Call up the guys who make the otamatone and get them to make a color change and there you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1ifGlKpfE

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Jerry Cotton posted:

I just use RGB through SCART on my 40" Sony LCD but I guess not all TVs even have that nowadays? Then again, back when I bought the cable, 16-dollar RCA-HDMI thingies didn't exist :shrug:

What game on an N64 that isn't available on XBLA or Wii are you even playing?

I have 4 controllers and an everdrive.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

king of the bongo posted:

Call up the guys who make the otamatone and get them to make a color change and there you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1ifGlKpfE

The otamatone is the greatest :neckbeard:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

TheHouseofM posted:

I live fairly close to my work and I plan to use it to commute.

Does it have any advantage over a bicycle? I won't blame you if you're just buying it because it's cool (I've spent much more than 1,000 for that before...) but I am curious about why you wouldn't spend half that on a bike.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

No exterior windows in my new Seattle-area office. It's getting to be a drag this winter.

Woman in chair not included.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Does it have any advantage over a bicycle? I won't blame you if you're just buying it because it's cool (I've spent much more than 1,000 for that before...) but I am curious about why you wouldn't spend half that on a bike.

I have a bike but I would have to haul it up/down several flights of stairs everyday to/from work.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

TheHouseofM posted:

I have a bike but I would have to haul it up/down several flights of stairs everyday to/from work.

Should have just gotten one of these instead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCsh25nGZM

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Etrips posted:

Should have just gotten one of these instead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCsh25nGZM

I've seen these around, they're very very weird. Weirder perhaps than this video can convey.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
I have no money left but woorrthhh itttttt.

(not an outfit, the shoes and necklace are for other dresses)

And this quilt set

Since my ugly duvet will be fully exposed in my new studio

Goodbye savings. That security deposit STINGS.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Making my 3d printer wireless!
That is exciting! Just a small note about the power supply- I've found that the power supplies that come with these kits may, or may not, supply the advertised voltage. I've had to buy replacement, non-kit power supply units after encountering voltage issues.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SpartanIV posted:

$500, everyone

edit: +$80 for HDMI output

http://www.analogue.co/products/analogue-nt

I'm actually incredulous that there's even a market for this. It's like buying a $600 cassette player because you had cassettes growing up and don't like the convenience of mp3's or lossless compression of flac files.

I bought a chicken sandwich at Wendy's because the two places I normally pick up food on the way to hang out with a friend had both lost power due to a storm. It was... sufficiently caloric?

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

strangemusic posted:

The otamatone is the greatest :neckbeard:

I have one, and it's amazing. I wish I had one of those really big ones.

I couldn't resist.

One of my biggest inspirations. I could listen to her all day.

I also bought moisturiser.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

davebo posted:

I'm actually incredulous that there's even a market for this. It's like buying a $600 cassette player because you had cassettes growing up and don't like the convenience of mp3's or lossless compression of flac files.

I bought a chicken sandwich at Wendy's because the two places I normally pick up food on the way to hang out with a friend had both lost power due to a storm. It was... sufficiently caloric?

I mean, there's a market for overmade anything :shrug:

I can see how a durable and attractive fixture like that could be worth something to someone with the money.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Aristophanes posted:

I have one, and it's amazing. I wish I had one of those really big ones.

I couldn't resist.

That's really fun.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought a used gtx 970 from some rando on reddit, worked out fine

same as card here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125685&cm_re=gigabyte_windforce_gtx_970-_-14-125-685-_-Product

pretty big jump over the gtx 560 ti that i had, very pleased

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
970 is a great card. Only reason I'm considering upgrading is I switched to a 1440p monitor.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

970 is an absolute monster at 1080p, but very good at 1440p

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Yeah I run a 970 on a 27" 1440p and it's perfectly fine, though I'm not playing Fallout 4 or anything.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

and cycling shiz

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

TheHouseofM posted:

Its fun, I'm probably going to kill myself going 22mph.

Put some monster wheels on it and take it to a nearby hill. Worth the cost of the off-road wheels.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Still putting together my new living room. I got a couple of each:

Throw pillows for the couch

Another pair of throw pillows

Ottomans

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Paid for and had my lasik done today. Well, technically yesterday since I just woke up.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

hamsystem posted:

Paid for and had my lasik done today. Well, technically yesterday since I just woke up.
Is it true that you need to to have follow ups in like 10-15 years? Did you do regular or custom? Price?

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Feb 26, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

ChocNitty posted:

and cycling shiz

Do you own a bicycle, or is this one of these new-fangled fetishes that are going around?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Josh Lyman posted:

Is it true that you need to to have follow ups in like 10-15 years?

It's not true. However, your eyes will continue to age and degrade normally, so your vision won't be perfect forever.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got these

because I wanted some kickin' rad ugly retro trainers.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

spog posted:

Do you own a bicycle, or is this one of these new-fangled fetishes that are going around?

"diaper shorts" . because spandex, helmets, gloves, and cleats aren't awkward enough

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Frankston posted:

I got these

Ha, these would go great with the MTV yo raps shirt I posted earlier.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Frankston posted:

I got these

God I don't know why but I want these more than anything. How much/where? Millenium Shoes doesn't seem to have them

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Frankston posted:

I got these

Ugly? GTFO.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SgtScruffy posted:

God I don't know why but I want these more than anything. How much/where? Millenium Shoes doesn't seem to have them

Not sure where you'd get them in the USA, or if they're even available in shops any more. I got mine through a clearance sale on eBay for £40.

Edit: They're listed as Reebok Pump Omni Zone Retro V60498 if you want to have a search yourself.

Frankston has a new favorite as of 14:27 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Josh Lyman posted:

Is it true that you need to to have follow ups in like 10-15 years? Did you do regular or custom? Price?

No, but I'll probably end up having to use reading glasses eventually which is just part of normal eye aging and because they fix your eyes for seeing at a distance. I paid $3k for both eyes after a holiday and cash discount, but expect to pay around 4 normally. Absolutely worth it though.