Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

tell them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.
Honesty is the best policy. Tell them.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
There is no problem lying can cause that can't be easily solved with more lying.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
As a leader, there are times where you have to knowingly keep key information secret from the group in order to keep morale up and maintain the chance of success of a mission. Honesty is the best policy, but not when the results of it will shoot you in the foot when you really, really need that foot right now.

Don't tell them, at least until after everything's said and done. Plus, c'mon Rhys, it's super easy to just say "Well it's the only place on the station no-one's allowed to go to, so I guessed it was there and I was right."

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Tell them

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
I stick to the "do bad ideas" corner, so I vote don't tell them.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Secrets are meant to be kept.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Tell them

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Tell them. A) As mentioned before, it's been too long since we've had a DRAMATIC REVELATION OF WORLD SHATTERING PROPORTIONS and we gotta correct that, and B) it's a good idea to be open and honest with the person you're trying to woo, especially when you have a would-be voyeur hitch-hiking in your brain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Felinoid posted:

OH MY GOD TELL THEM. :neckbeard: It's been long enough not telling them to get plenty of drama, without making it some bullshit thing that happens in the middle of a firefight or while Rhys is dangling off a cliff or something. And make sure to give the weakest loving excuse possible afterward so they're super wary.

EDIT: As if we needed any more reason to tell them, I've just thought of the possibility that Jack will prevent it by punching Rhys in the face again. Who wouldn't want Rhys to get punched?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I love we keep getting high five prompts. I still don't think anything is going to top Assassin's Creed 2's Brohug with Leonardo, but the fist bump with Vaughn and LB comes really close.

Also ergh, Vasquez. I thought we had gotten rid of the slimy bastard; I'm still miffed we didn't get a proper face off with him, but I guess going down like a bitch is fitting, and was actually a great way of establishing Vallory as a character, in a "Han shoots Greedo" way.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
We already told Vaughn, may as well tell our other buddies. Tell them

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tell them, so the whole party can ask jack to help them out make increasingly bad decisions.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Keep it secret. It's two on one right now, and Rhys is known for being bad at talking. If we're ever going to tell them, it should be while we have Vaughn to back us up.j

Edit: And Jack's help would probably be really useful for getting through Helios, so we definitely shouldn't make him angry.

CaptianKatsura fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 24, 2016

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
No no no are you crazy DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT THE EVIL THING IN YOUR HEAD

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Tell them, I've always sided with Jack so I never told them because I knew it'd make Jack mad. But we're already not exactly Jack's best friend and I'm genuinely curious how the girls react.

I'm surprised Vaughn got a clean getaway. In the Trust Jack route, Vallory captures him too and he's the one Vallory stabs to get Rhys and Fiona to work with her. He escapes later on the ride to Old Haven - Vaughn doesn't come back up to Helios with the team either way.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vaughn gets caught if you encourage Athena's bloodlust against Cassius, actually, since Vaughn can no longer get help from the old dude with crazy hair.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Ooooh, that explains that. I definitely killed that guy.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
So when I played this, I stayed silent when Vallory asked the group to go get the Gortys piece, and then I said "You heard me" when she stabbed Sasha. To which she replied "Actually you didn't say anything the first time" which was great right up until she went and twisted the knife like we saw here. It's a little thing, but I am very happy that kind of interaction was planned for. This is truly a good game.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

When in doubt, Tell The Truth. If only because it's such a frustrating trope for one member of the group to be hiding a zombie bite/secret identity/AI of a dead CEO and pass up all their best opportunities to come clean before being forced into it, and getting a chance to short-circuit that drama-bomb of your own volition is a breath of narrative fresh air.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Tell them, since you're gonna keep having Jack in your brain and your friends worrying you're losing your mind is not great.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Just make sure to tell the truth. They might be mildly upset, but building relationships is based on honesty! Also I want to see Rhyses world burn.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Tell them. We need their input, for good or ill. Whatever Handsome Jack has to offer it has to be balanced by what's best for the actual living party.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Jack's our holographic buddy! We need to Tell them so they can appreciate what buddies we are with the nice AI man.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Tell Fiona and Sasha about Handsome Jack Honesty is the best policy!

And Nisha can also get Gaige's Close Enough which is very fun.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

So when I played this, I stayed silent when Vallory asked the group to go get the Gortys piece, and then I said "You heard me" when she stabbed Sasha. To which she replied "Actually you didn't say anything the first time" which was great right up until she went and twisted the knife like we saw here. It's a little thing, but I am very happy that kind of interaction was planned for. This is truly a good game.

Telltale is really good at getting the little details down in their games, which is something I personally consider a high point.

Don't tell them! There is no way that telling them about an AI copy of a very hated man that's living in our brains is a good idea.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
While it is impressive that anyone could lift that rocket launcher, I'm more impressed that Athena took a rocket to the face and was only knocked out. Vault Hunters are tough, all right.

Regarding Jack, we should not tell them. It's not like they don't think that Rhys is an idiot already.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Let them know. Giving the skilled con-artist pertinent information that is incredibly useful for a place they plan to sneak into (namely, they have the guy who knows everything about the place where they want in) can go a long way in this infiltration mission.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Tell them! There is no way that telling them about an AI copy of a very hated man that's living in our brains is a good idea.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Robins Williams has never led me astray. Truth.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

He is an all powerful genie who has seen way too much of this stuff.

Truth.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Tell them. They're probably all about to die anyway, right? Might as well get that weight off of Rhys's shoulders. You don't go into the heart of Jack's secret volcano lair...errr, space station, without him somehow screwing you over.

Also, Tales from the Borderlands is seriously lacking in breakfast-choosing options. I dislike that.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

EponymousMrYar posted:

He is an all powerful genie who has seen way too much of this stuff.

Truth.

Since when have Djinn ever tried to help people without secretly screwing them over :colbert:

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

This comes down to a question of whether it's worse for them to find out now or later, because whatever happens they are going to find out.

Don't tell them, because I made the opposite choice and I want to see whether not knowing screws them over.

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 25, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Avoid answering by complaining about the lack of toilet paper on Pandora

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Nervous posted:

Since when have Djinn ever tried to help people without secretly screwing them over :colbert:

When it's Robin Williams.

Truth

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Unrelated chat, but I mentioned earlier that I'd gotten some friends to tag along with me to Pandora for Shootmans Adventures?

Finally got everyone together for a run. Game is fun! Team ended up being Salvador / Gaige / Krieg.

Two things: One, Gaige is the screamiest little girl. Two, one bark she had about a 'science fair' led to me asking my more-Borderlands-knowledgeable friend about it, who explained Gaige's backstory, which segued into the colonization of Pandora itself.

I'm not sure how much of that is okay to get into here without it being spoilers territory, but I'm starting to take the stated fact that Pandora is a poo poo-hole with a small grain of salt: It's certainly an absolutely awful place but the rest of the galaxy doesn't seem that much better.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Borderlands is basically Jennifer Government IN SPACE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Crasical posted:

Two things: One, Gaige is the screamiest little girl.

Yeah, this is Gaige's biggest (and probably only) downside - all of the characters make noise when hurt but it's usually just grunts or yelps. Gaige shrieks. I'm sure I'd shriek too if I got set on fire but it's super loving annoying.

• Locked thread