Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lady Naga posted:

I wish most junglers didn't require a leash because I'm demure as gently caress and hate asking people for anything.

I don't think I've asked for a leash in the last 300 games, it Just Happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Not in pre-30 unranked! Then again; there are rarely junglers in pre-30 anyway, it's all duo-mid-duo.

Kashuno posted:

Just ping the spot and say nothing
This is just non-verbal asking! What if they don't get the idea and I have to say something? :ohdear:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I miss the glorious days of 2-1-2

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lady Naga posted:

Not in pre-30 unranked! Then again; there are rarely junglers in pre-30 anyway, it's all duo-mid-duo.

This is just non-verbal asking! What if they don't get the idea and I have to say something? :ohdear:

Just say "leash pls :3" with the cat face and then get prepared to explain leashing.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That's not actively a terrible idea I will try this at some point.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Just say "leash pls :3" with the cat face and then get prepared to explain leashing.

"start krugs pls :~D"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

it's only asking if you use the assistance ping :sun:

alternatively play shaco

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why do people still want to start buffs when they jungle

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

henkman posted:

the only reason you should is if there's a shaco counterjungle, in which case you will need to do buff first if you don't want to get ganked at your buff

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

i will do anything the catface demands

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes, outside of times they could be invaded at their buff. Krugs will give you a healthier clear and let your botlane give you a better leash than starting red, bud

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
yeesssssssssssssssssssss

PBE posted:

Jarvan IV
Dragon Strike (Q) mana cost reduced to 40/45/50/55/60 from 45/50/55/60/65
Cataclysm (R) mana cost reduced to 100 at all ranks from 100/125/150

Also it does seem like Riot balances purely based upon reddit comments (there was a big reddit thread about how much J4 sucks now a couple weeks ago)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Or hell, start topside then

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

henkman posted:

1.) avoid counterjunglers

2.) counterjungle

3.) level 2 cheese gank

4.) being bad at League of Legends

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

a medical mystery posted:

1.) avoid counterjunglers

2.) counterjungle

3.) level 2 cheese gank

4.) being bad at League of Legends

A friend of mine starts buff so that he can kill on an invade. This doesn't sound notable but he does it as Nautilus

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Don't do buffs the first clear.

Edit: The most effective jungle path is to rush level 6 imo. Krug>wolves>raptors>stone bros>base
Krug>blue>wolves>raptors>red>stone bros>rift scuttler and you're level 6.

Easy, quick and painless, at least for Udyr, Wukong and Rumble.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 24, 2016

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Leave up a small golem at each camp so the enemy jungler can't steal your buffs on respawn.

#mindgamed

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Don't do buffs the first clear.

Edit: The most effective jungle path is to rush level 6 imo. Krug>wolves>raptors>stone bros>base
Krug>blue>wolves>raptors>red>stone bros>rift scuttler and you're level 6.

Easy, quick and painless, at least for Udyr, Wukong and Rumble.

Also works well for Shyvana and probably Xin.

It seems way too risky in most games though. Like, if your opponents catch on at all they'll just grab both of your buffs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I accidentally queued for ranked today and fed since I was trying to learn Jax and got counter picked. Ranked is extremely chill if you don't know you're playing it. Which means ranked is chill. Because it's made up.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'd also like to take the time to say that the Darkest Dungeon announcer mod owns owns owns and makes the game way more enjoyable.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Generic Octopus posted:

I build devo on junglers when problems come along, or when something's going wrong. I find it helps me get straight, go forward, and move ahead.

I don't know what this even means but I agree 100%

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

The Shortest Path posted:

Also works well for Shyvana and probably Xin.

It seems way too risky in most games though. Like, if your opponents catch on at all they'll just grab both of your buffs.

As long as you ward your first buff as you leave it and then ask your laners to respond of needed, that's not really a problem.

Even if you lose a buff, you're still ahead of the xp curve.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Who cares if you get ganked at your first buff? Just type "TEAM?!?" and then check out mentally for the rest of the game.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Generic Octopus posted:

I build devo on junglers when problems come along, or when something's going wrong. I find it helps me get straight, go forward, and move ahead.

Nice

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Who cares if you get ganked at your first buff? Just type "TEAM?!?" and then check out mentally for the rest of the game.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Generic Octopus posted:

Well, I now know which group's music I'll have playing in the background the next time I play as jungle Sejuani, sans the 'building Devourer' part.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
idgi when I'm playing mid or support and I see a jungler blip on the bottom side of the map I'm over there in an instant unless I'm pushed hard into tower. At worst you end up blowing a summoner and losing pressure and at best you've gotten yourself a kill or assist. But most people will just hyper-focus on lane and leave their jungler to die because ???? (And then they're promptly killed by that same jungler as they comes from your own jungler)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
At worst you lose the race to level 2 and now instead of just the jungle being hosed multiple lanes are

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Libertine posted:

This, but unironically.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

henkman posted:

At worst you lose the race to level 2 and now instead of just the jungle being hosed multiple lanes are

Yeah it's often a crapshoot to help the jungler if you can't guarantee results without losses. Bot lane especially can turn quickly on one side having a level and CS advantage off of chasing away a Shaco, Nidalee or some similarly slippery jungler.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also it's dumb that the bots in private games won't leash because that's how I learn new champs so if I start tilting or gently caress my rotation up I can just start over again immediately but since they won't help me fight grom I end up having a much slower game than I would in reality & what's the use of practicing rotation and mechanics in that case?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Also it's dumb that the bots in private games won't leash because that's how I learn new champs so if I start tilting or gently caress my rotation up I can just start over again immediately but since they won't help me fight grom I end up having a much slower game than I would in reality & what's the use of practicing rotation and mechanics in that case?

You should probably, like, learn against people.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Depending on leash is for the weak anyway.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Bot games are good for learning abilities and practicing CS'ing and stuff, but jungling is completely pointless. The whole point of jungling is that you aren't tied to a lane so you have to make a lot more on-the-fly decisions, none of which can be practiced against bots.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Generic Octopus posted:

Devo Udyr and open the gates of steel

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Q. Do You Not Gank? A. We Are Devo

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spiros posted:

You should probably, like, learn against people.

Taking a champ I know nothing about into a regular game and using abilities I know nothing about in a real game? Why, what could go wrong?

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Bot games are good for learning abilities and practicing CS'ing and stuff, but jungling is completely pointless. The whole point of jungling is that you aren't tied to a lane so you have to make a lot more on-the-fly decisions, none of which can be practiced against bots.

Jungling is actually the most important role for me to play against fake people because I have enough MOBA experience that I'm aware of how to play a mid/adc/tank but jungling in League is so entirely different from how it's done in DOTA that I'm still not solid on how the camps work.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Legit I don't jungle a champ till I've done multiple solo clears in customs with them. It's actually really important to know the following:

-can I jungle without a leash on either side?
-is it better to start top or bot if I don't get a leash?
-can I go refillable?
-what if I'm half hp from an invade?

I also use it to tune runes/masteries

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I play normals with champs I don't know. If it doesn't work out, it's growing pains. If it does, I'm a god. Win/win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Falconer posted:

Well, I now know which group's music I'll have playing in the background the next time I play as jungle Sejuani, sans the 'building Devourer' part.

Add Weird Al's Dare To Be Stupid, which perfectly defines the proper LoL attitude.

• Locked thread