Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Typo posted:

I'm torn between Trump tearing down every conservative the Liberals have hated for the last 15 years and the fear that Trump might actually be president

Trump as a President will be great. He has all the liberal values Obama did but unlike Pussy rear end Obama he will actually fight to get things done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

I like to imagine Donald Trump's Twitter feed as just being a transcription of his minute-to-minute internal monologue. The Donald ponders many things over the course of a day. He asks himself many questions. Truly, he is introspective and wise above all others.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lol is he like an actual journalist now? I've only seen this and the shameful gawker thing he wrote about his helldump days

He gets on MSNBC sometimes now, too.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

As someone who despises accelerationism, I want to see this ride taken to the end of the line.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
https://twitter.com/PostPolls/status/702639497461235713

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

The Republican graph to me just seems like the obvious effect of candidates dropping out. The Democrat graph on the other hand...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Trump as a President will be great. He has all the liberal values Obama did but unlike Pussy rear end Obama he will actually fight to get things done.

And what values are those

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Twitter and a Trump candidacy are perfect for each other.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Special PredictIt Report: Super Tuesday

Look at that poo poo.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Did Mitt deliberately do that?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Some people have a face best suited for radio, Levin has a voice best suited for print.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Special PredictIt Report: Super Tuesday

Look at that poo poo.

I stopped what I was doing for like a minute and just looked out the window in silence.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lol is he like an actual journalist now? I've only seen this and the shameful gawker thing he wrote about his helldump days

his guardian stuff is okay for the most part, once you manage to compartmentalize that this is the same guy who made his internet bones back in the day harassing people for being furry gaylords

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Despera posted:

Some people have a face best suited for radio, Levin has a voice best suited for print.

He seems to be speak somewhat normally and then he'll just randomly shout a few words for no apparent reason.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

paranoid randroid posted:

his guardian stuff is okay for the most part, once you manage to compartmentalize that this is the same guy who made his internet bones back in the day harassing people for being furry gaylords

the jeblundening of america

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
altho given that we are now in the Trump Incipience, really is there any greater qualification for being part of the respected commentariat than experience as a Helldump Superstar...

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

paranoid randroid posted:

that makes me like him more

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
even NPR was non stop trump coverage today

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Did something else happen about that time? Honestly curious what caused it.

Not sure if this has been answered, but macys announced that it was closing forty stores around the same time, also there are rumors that the CEO Terry lingram will be leaving

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Zohar posted:

Mitt is a fool. mess.

Mitt is a fool. waste.

Mitt is a fool. big, fat mistake.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/702651771794153472

Reporting.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Better watch out, that's almost a felony! Or something!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

quote:

A senior House Republican is asking fellow lawmakers to sign on to a letter that urges either Sen. Marco Rubio or Sen. Ted Cruz to drop out of the presidential race for the good of the GOP.

Rep. Trent Franks, an Arizona Republican, sent the letter to fellow Republicans Wednesday evening. He's asking would-be signers to back his push to rally the establishment around either the Florida or Texas senator in an effort to defeat Donald Trump, the current frontrunner for the GOP nomination.

The letter argues that one candidate should continue on in the presidential race while the other is named a vice presidential candidate.

"Now is a time for choosing — for you, and for us," the letter states. "The choice now in front of Republicans and conservatives alike is whether to allow our anger with the status quo to cause us to jump from the frying pan into the fire and cast our lots with a man who affirms he believes in many of the ideals we hold dear and trust that he, a self-proclaimed dealmaker and a man whose record is anything but conservative, will make no deals that will violate our deepest and most cherished principles."

The letter continues, "We call upon all national security, free-market, and pro-family conservatives to boldly rally around the two of you together and ask you both to answer the call of statesmanship and decide between yourselves which shall be the candidate for President and which shall be the candidate for Vice President."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/rubio-cruz-trent-franks-219755

But what if they both drop out at the same time? :ohdear:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

what a bunch of goddamn idiots

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Then Buckle Up, cause it's Kasich time.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Forums Terrorist posted:

lol that you're so upset about this. also for everyone else in the thread make sure to read this, it's the_saurus.txt https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749894 that's his wife btw

:eyepop:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I thought the Trump Twitter was fake by someone parodying Trump?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Lmao the saurus did you meet your anchor wife on the sonichu wiki

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Lmao at the thought of anyone choosing Ted Cruz as their vice president, and Ted Cruz choosing anyone besides Mike Lee as his.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

I mean, are they mostly clinton or sanders supporters, this is relevant to my interests.

Edit: Also :laffo: at adopting Rush's 'operation chaos' hijinks.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

I mean, are they mostly clinton or sanders supporters, this is relevant to my interests.

Edit: Also :laffo: at adopting Rush's 'operation chaos' hijinks.

Pretty sure the general consensus among Hillary supporters is that she's gonna win regardless so what does it matter if a few thousand of them gently caress around in the other kiddie pool

If so, I hope most of those idiots are from a big winner take all state for maximum drama if it causes Hillary to lose one

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Trump laying waste to the GOP before getting massacred in the general is so goddamn enjoyable.

Mitt isn't even running but gently caress it, why not, hit him too

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
wait the saurus is clochettes husband

that explains a lot actually

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Lord of Pie posted:

Pretty sure the general consensus among Hillary supporters is that she's gonna win regardless so what does it matter if a few thousand of them gently caress around in the other kiddie pool

If so, I hope most of those idiots are from a big winner take all state for maximum drama if it causes Hillary to lose one

The vibe I am getting from a lot of these types is that they fear Donald Trump is literally Hitler and will vote Rubio in the primary to stop HITLER.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Trump laying waste to the GOP before getting massacred in the general is so goddamn enjoyable.

Mitt isn't even running but gently caress it, why not, hit him too

Dumberdaemerung: Twilight of the Tards.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Imagine the conversation between Cruz and Rubio about who gets to be president.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

The vibe I am getting from a lot of these types is that they fear Donald Trump is literally Hitler and will vote Rubio in the primary to stop HITLER.

They need to have more faith that America won't elect Figurative Hitler over their candidate.

• Locked thread