Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

*Double X - Send help

You can still get these at Barnes & Noble for app. $48 plus tax. I saw two a week ago and would have taken one but holy poo poo have I spent a lot on Gunpla in this new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
…. fuggit, imma take these one at a time:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

*MG GP02 - I love this design, and everything about it, but it's just so old, I can't bring myself to grab one, holding out hope for a redo someday with modern tech.

It is famously bad, but it was also a seismic event. I wish I could adequately describe to you all just how shocking it was when this thing was confirmed. MG was still a novelty line at the time. This was big in every sense of the word. Totes needs redone, tho.

quote:

*Sentinel FAZZ - See above

Anyone who ever built the ZZ knew how this was gonna turn out. Cool gun though.

quote:

*Rick Dom - Ditto

Be not afraid of the Dom, it shall bringeth you joy. It’s old but it’s solid, fun to build, and basically goddamned essential.

quote:

*F91 - Kind of the same, but any other kit from that same age I'd probably get (I have the GM Sniper and stuff like the S/Ex-S which are older), but supposedly it suffers really badly due to its size, which others from the same time period don’t.

The MG F91 is one part exquisite imagineering, one part baling wire and spit, and one part a painful lesson in the basic laws of physics. It’s the only MG I recommend purchasing in 6-packs.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Bimmi posted:

You can still get these at Barnes & Noble for app. $48 plus tax. I saw two a week ago and would have taken one but holy poo poo have I spent a lot on Gunpla in this new year.

It's February... :catstare:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Luminaflare posted:

It's February... :catstare:

I know!

(this isn't even all of them)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I got both MG GP02 and MG FA ZZ, and I ended up giving the former away while the latter is still sitting around waiting for painting. :negative:

In other news, MG Freedom 2.0 is getting a P-Bandai set. It's the 1/100 versions of those RG effect parts that came out a while back. I'm honestly surprised Bandai remembered those existed.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My MG bucket list is pretty short:
  • The O
  • Quebley
  • Dom (any)
  • Z'Gok (any)
  • Gogg
  • Gyan
  • Turn A
  • Epyon
  • Tallgeese
  • Turn X
  • Heavyarms
  • Guntank
Oh, guess my list wasn't so short, after all!

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-oYLDqSUM

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Mg rick dom is a great kit, its not a fall aparty piece of poo poo like the zakus are.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
... pulled this guy out of cold storage just now:

(it is a really great kit)

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I have 2 of every Build Fighters HG kit. I've put together one of each and I'm saving the spare for the future to see how my skills fare then.
I love build fighters and the MGs are there but I don't want to start a stack of unbuilt kits when I have other stuff in progress at the moment. Plus they're not cheap either, I think the Sengoku Astray might be the most affordable one at the moment (this is because of the shipping premium you pay where I live)

e: I will say, of the MGs I don't have, the Rick Dias, Gelgoog 2.0 and the Delta Plus would be on my wishlist. And of the ones that don't exist, a true Wing Zero (tv) would get purchased in a heartbeat. And a Tieren 1/100 if I could find one for sale.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 24, 2016

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

My wish list is pretty small
Mg double bullet
MG universe booster
mg marasai

I'm also doing a complete run of all of char's suits, so I still need to pick up
Mg Zeong
Mg Hyaku Shiki 2.0
Mg gelgoog char color 2.0

I'll get around to these eventually but I'm making a concious decision not to increase my backlog. Only think I will pick up as soon as I see for a reasonable price is the zeong, because I always found it expensive and it is by far my least favorite char suit.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Everyone wants Marasai but no one ever buys one.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I bought a Marasai

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It turns out that Ashtaroth Gundam wasn't just a kitbash and it's gonna be released. cooool

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bimmi posted:

well poo poo now it has to be next on my list to prove you wrong.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Bimmi posted:

I got mine cheap on amazon without a second thought.

I badly badly want many kits but I dont like backlogs and I have a half finished mg f91, and unstarted heavyarms ew, and a half finished rx78 pg sitting around still.

The kit i said i wanted then came out but i havent gotten was the mg tallgeese 3. Been dying to have a tg3 figure or model since ew on cartoon network and it just slipped me by :1

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

DamnGlitch posted:

I have a half finished mg f91

What a coincidence, so do I.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

DamnGlitch posted:

The kit i said i wanted then came out but i havent gotten was the mg tallgeese 3. Been dying to have a tg3 figure or model since ew on cartoon network and it just slipped me by :1

Yeah same, after the OG tallgeese and the Taurus the TG3 is probably my favorite Wing design, probably gonna pay a reseller an arm and a leg for the MG sometime soon

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

I feel so lucky that I got that when I did. I think that thing sold out on preorders in minutes, and it was totally worth it. :flashfap:

Unfortunately, I ordered it from gundamguy and it took them like a month to notify me that my order had shipped, in addition to not answering mails and overcharging by like 50%. Never again. :negative:

Aww man, that Gusion looks so cool. :allears: Time to add another one to the pile. :downs: (And I didn't even go into the PGs I someday want to get)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
So tell me about Perfect Grades. If MG Zaku is bad, is the PG any better? Is the Red Comet any different? I know it's a million years old but I really love Zakus and the rest of the line seems to be 30 different Unicorns.

Also, why aren't the 1/100 IBO models part of the MG line?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I don't know who's telling you MG Zaku 2.0 is bad, but it's not. It's better than the PG.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

So tell me about Perfect Grades. If MG Zaku is bad, is the PG any better? Is the Red Comet any different? I know it's a million years old but I really love Zakus and the rest of the line seems to be 30 different Unicorns.

The MG zaku ii 2.0s are fine imo, i don't have any problems with stuff falling off. the only difference between the red comet and the normal version is color.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

Because they don't have the engineering complexity of MG kits, they're essentially just upscaled HGs.

Also the Zaku II 2.0 is crazy good, people just complain because threading the pipe bits shreds your fingertips.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

The 1/100 IBO kits are much, much simpler than most MGs are. I just finished the 1/100 Graze, and it's interior frame is extremely simple in engineering and building compared to the RX-78-2 2.0 I finished before.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

PGs are larger in scale, more intricate internally and externally, and are pretty cool but usually pretty finicky and imo a lot less fun to put together than MGs.

I get mad at the zaku 2.0s cuz they are on my desk and constantly drop poo poo and it's loving irritating.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muike posted:

It turns out that Ashtaroth Gundam wasn't just a kitbash and it's gonna be released. cooool

I guess the IBO kits have to be selling well, if they're releasing side story manga stuff.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Not all that sure about the Astaroth. I get that it's supposed to be a patchwork mess (the mashed-together Spinner Rodi arm with two hands is a particularly neat detail), but it loses too much of the IBO Gundams' sleek, timeless robo-knight aesthetic in the process. Feels like an 00 side-story suit instead. A few more curvy, high-tech bits to balance out that ugly modern clunk might have helped.

Seeing it alongside the Barbatos Form 6, a very similar design concept, does it absolutely no favours.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
a box came in the mail

you guys are a bad influence

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Goddamnit, that's making me want to pick up the MG Qubeley I've been wanting even though I still need to clear my backlog first.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kuvo posted:

a box came in the mail

you guys are a bad influence

One of us, one of us, one of us... :v:

After RG Zeta, this is gonna be a relaxing walk in the park for you. Enjoy.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

closeted republican posted:

Goddamnit, that's making me want to pick up the MG Qubeley I've been wanting even though I still need to clear my backlog first.

the mg qubeley is pretty cool. I should get the mk.IIs some day

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Droyer posted:

the mg qubeley is pretty cool. I should get the mk.IIs some day

I want Elepo Ple's Mk II because of the purple-blue color it has, but the OG Qubeley has a special charm to it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

TaurusOxford posted:

After RG Zeta, this is gonna be a relaxing walk in the park for you. Enjoy.

i took a look inside and the pieces for this one are way bigger and there's far less of them

I want Elepo Ple's Mk II because of the purple-blue color it has, but the OG Qubeley has a special charm to it.

hamans paint job reminds me of a moth so its cooler imo than purupurupuru's purple one

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
And Haman's cool as hell

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

As an owner of the MG Qubeley, the Revive is probably better.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
One of RG's defining aspects is almost perfect color separation, so you don't have to paint. This results in lots and lots of super small parts. HG, meanwhile, doesn't give a crap and just gives you the most important colors and then stickers for the smaller stuff.

Also MG Qubeley mk-II is objectively better because of the hugeass PLE decal.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Has there been any hint about plans to do a new HG Gelgoog Marine or Cima's variant for this 0083 remaster business? I like my suits to have mono-eyes and while the Rick Dom II is a pretty nice kit, Cima's Commander Type sucks. The Jaeger is a different but fairly old kit too isn't it?

Gimme Gelgoogs.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Goddammit I still need a revive Qubeley.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muike posted:

I actually quite like that one. Why they went with such a tiny sword handle is beyond me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

if it's good enough for guts, it's good enough for me