Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Red Suit posted:

So Zexal is coming to Netflix starting March 31st

I would ask sub or dub, but it's ZeXal, so both are tortuous. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Red Suit posted:

Please don't watch Zexal. The worst series by far .

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Red Suit posted:

Marathon time! :dance:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Come on, 26 miles won't be far enough to escape it.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
The best part of ZeXal was the Nasch vs. IV duel and everything else was mediocre to physically and mentally painful.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Logicblade posted:

The best part of ZeXal was the Nasch vs. IV duel and everything else was mediocre to physically and mentally painful.

Card games on the moon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Somehow I missed it but a new episode of the best YGO series was released last week. :allears:

Revelations of the Seal of Orichalcos 34

"gently caress it, let's fight."

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 25, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This week's Arc V was amazing, I can't believe they reworked the Team Unicorn duel into something that made sense. Sergey is the best behind JACK ATLAS, hope his PG death wasn't final, like survived but now he'll be more cyborg or Sora caught him. Jean's screaming was amazing. Was just a great episode to hit you with "remember when and why you liked 5D's? HAVE AT IT AGAIN, REMEMBER WHY IT WAS COOL"

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Picked up a high speed riders pack and a dragons of legend 2 pack. Got these bad boys out of it

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
My one sincere hope for the Yuya vs Jack duel is that it ends up being the most overbooked mess in the world. Like a good old wrestling main event where the writers just can't bring themselves to have either duelist lose fairly so they have a bunch of random people interfering with steel chairs so that no matter who wins the loser can have the excuse of "It wasn't a fair fight people got in the way!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Red Suit posted:

Picked up a high speed riders pack and a dragons of legend 2 pack. Got these bad boys out of it

Timaeus is a regular to mediocre monster but is always fun when you managed to summoning him.

Shame that the legendary dragons are very situational.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hopeford posted:

My one sincere hope for the Yuya vs Jack duel is that it ends up being the most overbooked mess in the world. Like a good old wrestling main event where the writers just can't bring themselves to have either duelist lose fairly so they have a bunch of random people interfering with steel chairs so that no matter who wins the loser can have the excuse of "It wasn't a fair fight people got in the way!"

Okay, but who's Triple H in this scenario?

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

VJeff posted:

Okay, but who's Triple H in this scenario?

Whichever one wins, clearly.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So apparently Nicktoons, clearly disappointed that 4K Media didn't make a rap for Arc V, decided to do it themselves. :magical:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Edit: Double post, sorry.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 2, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Found this little video, thought it was kinda funny.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Setting up the hype, Roger is completely crushed, and the council finally got out of their comfy chairs.

Isn't that right, Chairman?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New trailer for the movie

https://youtu.be/FGzWLONzscM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Logicblade posted:

Setting up the hype, Roger is completely crushed, and the council finally got out of their comfy chairs.

Jean's fall to insanity is both rapid and amazing, god I love him.

Kudos to the commons that went "wait... this guy is a murderer weapon of security... maybe lets kill him before he literally murders someone else"

I'm glad all their time in both jails got most of the Lancers to be in sync and work together, kinda hilarious that Yuya's only real buddy in the group is Gongenzaka and a bit Sawatari, like I bet everyone else has deep bonds and a bunch of inside jokes he'll never understand.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I love that Sergey was brutally beaten to death with sticks. Even in death, he's going to be a pain in the rear end to censor in the dub.

RIP best character in ygo history. You were too Beautiful for this world.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hjalmar posted:

I love that Sergey was brutally beaten to death with sticks. Even in death, he's going to be a pain in the rear end to censor in the dub.

RIP best character in ygo history. You were too Beautiful for this world.

Counterpoint: "XYZ aren't level 0!?" guy who literally punched people to win at card games and the announcer from 5Ds.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

You make some strong cases but my opinion is not swayed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Counterpoint, Jack Atlas.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Logicblade posted:

I should probably change this sometime...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sometime like never.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Agreed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Roger's VA continues to kill it.
Yuzu's fuckin tackle :allears:

Can't Arc-V be like this all the time, non-stop?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Can't Arc-V be like this all the time, non-stop?

It's the main problem with Arc-V really. It spends a lot of time setting up things. Once they finally trigger though, we get beautiful things like these last few episodes, but we also have lots of Yuya must bring smiles -> Yuya gets sad because he can't bring smiles -> Yuya finds resolve to bring smiles -> rinse and repeat.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's the main problem with Arc-V really. It spends a lot of time setting up things. Once they finally trigger though, we get beautiful things like these last few episodes, but we also have lots of Yuya must bring smiles -> Yuya gets sad because he can't bring smiles -> Yuya finds resolve to bring smiles -> rinse and repeat.

The whole smiles thing is bringing the show down in the name of some contrived moral bullshit.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I hope he figures out that maybe gently caress other people and their smiles and only worry about his Yuzu smiles. That would be fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Logicblade posted:

I hope he figures out that maybe gently caress other people and their smiles and only worry about his Yuzu smiles. That would be fine.

That's exactly what he did against Sergey I believe.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Something of that effect probably will be his conclusion.

I think a big problem with Year 2 is that the team decided Yuya's arc would be him being somewhat reassured at first thanks to his mom, then having the resolve shaken by Jack and sorta built back up by the time he faces Jack again so that Jack can hammer home that the reason why Yuya wavers on the egao is due to him still trying to ape his dad's style when he should've found his own. On paper that's good, in practice there's about 30 episodes between the Jack duels, so Yuya ping-ponged a few times between to egao or not egao as to make it seem his arc was moving rather than staying in place until these episodes.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Yugioh Wiki posted:

This episode was supposed to air on March 6, 2016, but was moved to the following week due to program scheduling with a pingpong match.

Must be a pretty intense pingpong match.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Sometime like never.
The Commons have spoken. I guess it stays.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Slur posted:

Must be a pretty intense pingpong match.

World Finals, China Vs Japan. Few things are more important than card games, but that's a feud that will always come first.

Kinda glad it was delayed, more time to binge Lucha Underground, I think i'm near the proper start of the story arc.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

For those of you who are interested, livestream for YCS Vegas is up.

https://www.twitch.tv/officialyugiohchannel

First round starts soon.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Phantom Knights vs PerformaPals - First round.

Wait, Monster Gate is back? drat.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

PowerBeard posted:

Phantom Knights vs PerformaPals - First round.

Wait, Monster Gate is back? drat.

It's been back for a long time.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Turns out that half the time in real life card games is spend having to explain effects and reading card effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

As opposed to online play where no one reads card effects! :v: