Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Special PredictIt Report: Super Tuesday

Look at that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Super Tuesday polling

GA: Trump +12.3
TX: Cruz +6
MA: Trump +24
MN: Trump +6
OK: Trump +7
AL: Trump +21

AR, TN, CO, VA, AK, and VT all don't have RCP averages because no one has been polling these states consistently.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fox Ironic posted:

So I've been thinking about the "Trump" phenomena for a long time now and I realize that it's a symptom of a larger paradigm shift in both US and World Politics. Pre-cold war, the world dialogue was between Fascism, Communism and Liberalism. During the Cold War, the axis simplified to a Communism vs Capitalism dialogue. As we entered the 90s, with the collapse of the USSR, there was an ideological void; the only superpower, the United States, was a Capitalistic Country with a substantial religious factional minority that was growing in power thanks to Reagan. The War on Terror later highlighted this, turning the dialogue into a Secular versus Christian internal struggle over what should be done with the International Political Capital the US held at the time. With the Presidency of Barrack Obama, the Rise of the Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street and growing nativist sentiments in Europe, the dialogue changed once more. In short, this Election is a referendum on the Ideological Message the American people wish to align themselves with and will thus define the coming century. I've coded the following ideological points of view by color, for ease of discussion.

On the Republican side;

[Yellow] Cruz and Carson represent Religious Conservatism
Yellow would create a "American" block similar to the Cold War and isolate us from the rest of the World.

[Red] Rubio and Kasich represent Neoconservatism
Red would be similar to Yellow, except it would not alienate us from the Anglo-sphere in the same way. We'd probably use the UK as a proxy for European diplomacy.

[Black] Trump represents Soft Nationalism AKA Nativism
Black shifts us to an interesting position, turning us into a pseudo-Russia, and would probably strengthen our ties with them as well as India, China and South America. We'd kill our relations with Europe, except the UK if they exit the EU.

Also, for posterity, On the Democratic side;

[Green] Sanders represents European Social Democracy
Green would pose us against Russia, Saudi Arabia and Turkey. It would also increase our Political Influence in Europe, South America and with Iran.

[Blue] Clinton represents Neoliberalism
Blue would keep us firmly in the Anglo-sphere, especially if the UK withdraws from the EU. NATO would be enough to keep us involved in European Politics. Expect some Hawkishness against Russia, China and in the Middle East.

In this model, we have agency in this Election not just in our own paradigm shift, but over the ideological shift of the globe as well. With Yellow and Green, we trade our Superpower status for either Political Capital or Ideological Revolution. We, and the EU, turn Green while the rest of the World goes Black. With Yellow, the World goes Black and Blue with some Green patches and we find ourselves warring with the other Yellows. With Red/Blue, we support our Blue/Green NATO allies and oppose Black/Yellow regimes.

My question is, what happens in a "Black Shirt" Scenario?

Edit: The reason I posted this in the Republican Primary thread is that I want to hear from Trumpites themselves about what they think the end result of a Trump Presidency is, especially on the World Scale.

this is the worst game of twister i have ever played

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fox Ironic posted:

So I've been thinking about the "Trump" phenomena for a long time now and I realize that it's a symptom of a larger paradigm shift in both US and World Politics. Pre-cold war, the world dialogue was between Fascism, Communism and Liberalism. During the Cold War, the axis simplified to a Communism vs Capitalism dialogue. As we entered the 90s, with the collapse of the USSR, there was an ideological void; the only superpower, the United States, was a Capitalistic Country with a substantial religious factional minority that was growing in power thanks to Reagan. The War on Terror later highlighted this, turning the dialogue into a Secular versus Christian internal struggle over what should be done with the International Political Capital the US held at the time. With the Presidency of Barrack Obama, the Rise of the Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street and growing nativist sentiments in Europe, the dialogue changed once more. In short, this Election is a referendum on the Ideological Message the American people wish to align themselves with and will thus define the coming century. I've coded the following ideological points of view by color, for ease of discussion.

On the Republican side;

[Yellow] Cruz and Carson represent Religious Conservatism
Yellow would create a "American" block similar to the Cold War and isolate us from the rest of the World.

[Red] Rubio and Kasich represent Neoconservatism
Red would be similar to Yellow, except it would not alienate us from the Anglo-sphere in the same way. We'd probably use the UK as a proxy for European diplomacy.

[Black] Trump represents Soft Nationalism AKA Nativism
Black shifts us to an interesting position, turning us into a pseudo-Russia, and would probably strengthen our ties with them as well as India, China and South America. We'd kill our relations with Europe, except the UK if they exit the EU.

Also, for posterity, On the Democratic side;

[Green] Sanders represents European Social Democracy
Green would pose us against Russia, Saudi Arabia and Turkey. It would also increase our Political Influence in Europe, South America and with Iran.

[Blue] Clinton represents Neoliberalism
Blue would keep us firmly in the Anglo-sphere, especially if the UK withdraws from the EU. NATO would be enough to keep us involved in European Politics. Expect some Hawkishness against Russia, China and in the Middle East.

In this model, we have agency in this Election not just in our own paradigm shift, but over the ideological shift of the globe as well. With Yellow and Green, we trade our Superpower status for either Political Capital or Ideological Revolution. We, and the EU, turn Green while the rest of the World goes Black. With Yellow, the World goes Black and Blue with some Green patches and we find ourselves warring with the other Yellows. With Red/Blue, we support our Blue/Green NATO allies and oppose Black/Yellow regimes.

My question is, what happens in a "Black Shirt" Scenario?

Edit: The reason I posted this in the Republican Primary thread is that I want to hear from Trumpites themselves about what they think the end result of a Trump Presidency is, especially on the World Scale.

Those are the power ranger colors.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...1b92a22d383ec1/

quote:

The Daily 202: Trump’s romp in Nevada shows why conventional wisdom about his ceiling may be wrong

Gee you don't loving say?!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Totalizator posted:

a Rubio/Cruz alliance would look pathetic and desperate and immediately nuke the credibility of both. Cruz entire gimmick is that he's uncompromisingly anti-estabilishment, Rubio is now burdened with Canadian Slime Man known for being the backstabbiest backstabber that ever stabbed someone in the back being one accident away from the presidency.

the random republican house members who floated this idea are loving retarded?

why i never

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Corek posted:

hillary will NEVER be like billy

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Corek posted:

You noticed! Though I didn't align them with the Rangers themselves because that would've taken way too much effort.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/701219860790038528

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Is there really ANYTHING Trump could do at tomorrow's debate that could ruin his chances of rocking Sup. Tues?? Even if he busted his dick out on stage his numbers would go up

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Korelle posted:

Before posting about how Trump will get crushed in the general please feel free to consult the many hundreds of posts from 2015 about how Trump was going to get crushed in the primary.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I cannot wait for that PPP poll to come out

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for Ted Cruz to lose Texas and then have his entire career go down in flames.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
rofl @ attempting to predict the global longterm of The Trump when we can't even predict whatll happen tomorrow

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Is there really ANYTHING Trump could do at tomorrow's debate that could ruin his chances of rocking Sup. Tues?? Even if he busted his dick out on stage his numbers would go up

Treat the other candidates with respect and talk about policymaking and the need for consensus.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I think it's pretty well down to if he has diarrhea on stage, and it'd have to be pretty loud diarrhea.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
If the black shirts take over I'm pretty sure it ends with Central America getting annexed.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

What if it was really tiny though?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol

This joke never gets old

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I think it's pretty well down to if he has diarrhea on stage, and it'd have to be pretty loud diarrhea.

he would somehow poo poo cruzs pants

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Brannock posted:

Super Tuesday polling

GA: Trump +12.3
TX: Cruz +6
MA: Trump +24
MN: Trump +6
OK: Trump +7
AL: Trump +21

AR, TN, CO, VA, AK, and VT all don't have RCP averages because no one has been polling these states consistently.

reminder that none of these polls take into account trump's NV victory and the ensuing "stop trump at all cost" establishment narrative

also only a handful of them even take into account his SC victory

the polls coming out this weekend and monday may give us a taste of the impending bloodshed

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

If the black shirts take over I'm pretty sure it ends with Central America getting annexed.

If the US just controlled everything down to Panama, the wall could practically build itself

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The GOPe is going to go all in on a stumping tomorrow and it will be just as transparent as the crowd packing at the SC debate

Trump wins every state by 30 and the offices of the National Review put in an order for hundreds of meters of good, stiff rope

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Winter Stormer posted:

If the US just controlled everything down to Panama, the wall could practically build itself

the gop is already making GBS threads their pants over the impending MINORITY MAJORITY, if anything they're gonna kick california and new mexico out of the union

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

he would somehow poo poo cruzs pants

If Trump started making GBS threads himself, but ran over and dropped trou so he could poo poo on Ted Cruz instead, I would vote for him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If this didn't involve death camps but rather full American citizenship and a flag with a shitload more stars I'd be all over it.

From Pole to shining Pole.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Ted Cruz is currently talking about the "New York City" salsa ad on this Megyn Kelly townhall bullshit.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cruz has been campaigning in Arkansas a lot by usual candidate standards. He's been here at least three times but like most of them beelines up toward Fayetteville to get at that sweet Walmart money. He got some relatively minor state level endorsements today.

Rubio was here last Sunday and got the big state level endorsements.

Trump's on his second trip in the past month. His supporters are the most vocal about it by a long way so as far as I know he's gonna win here by double digits.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

CubsWoo posted:

The GOPe is going to go all in on a stumping tomorrow and it will be just as transparent as the crowd packing at the SC debate

Trump wins every state by 30 and the offices of the National Review put in an order for hundreds of meters of good, stiff rope

the gop civil war was all fun and games until the suicide bombings started

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Winter Stormer posted:

lets get the smallpox blankets out of storage

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
I hope Trump kills everyone on stage a la Otoya Yamaguchi.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Montasque posted:

Ted Cruz is currently talking about the "New York City" salsa ad on this Megyn Kelly townhall bullshit.

Someone said way earlier in the thread that Ted Cruz is the guy at your office who quotes lines from well known comedies in substitution for any real personality and I think that really hit the nail on the head

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Someone said way earlier in the thread that Ted Cruz is the guy at your office who quotes lines from well known comedies in substitution for any real personality and I think that really hit the nail on the head

he couldnt even be the good kids in the hall/mike myers kind of canadian :(

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Montasque posted:

that motherfucker

Lord of Pie posted:

Texas not liking Trump reminds me of that "NEW YORK CITY?!?" Pace commercial
https://youtu.be/vgrGyR6EYbY

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Mystery Goomba posted:

I hope Trump kills everyone on stage a la Otoya Yamaguchi.
Trump sighed as he drew his katana.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I cannot wait for that PPP poll to come out

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/702676831640670209

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

If he schlonged Rubio on live TV he would go up 20 points in the polls.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

http://ismarcowinningyet.com

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Trump beating Cruz in Texas would be loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
This Megyn Kelly townhall is an ambush and Donald Trump was right to skip it. They buttered up Cruz and now have a person calling him out for being too hardcore and killing the gang of 8.

• Locked thread